Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,590 members, 7,837,227 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - Nomination & Verification Thread - Romance (198) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - Nomination & Verification Thread (481408 Views)

Mr. NAIRALAND Contest 2016 - CAMPAIGN THREAD / Mr. NAIRALAND Contest 2016 - Nomination & Verification Thread / Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - CAMPAIGN THREAD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (411) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - Nomination & Verification Thread by sinizia: 12:56am On Apr 18, 2016
ronald4lif:

All true. The number one point seems to be the major reason responsible for low participant. The quest for obsequious flattery and cheap attention has made many characters to impersonate others by using fake pics as theirs. With this they can't participate coz they can't manoeuvre their way through verification process.

The insult and intimidation is another factor too as the badmouthing is capable of affecting one's esteem. But still with the Merrybet largesse I had thought by now we'd be having more than 20 verified contestant and that's not the case.

And if we can't get up to 15 or more the contest may not be as interesting as envisaged coz the many elimination stages up to the grand finale can't effectively hold.

I also notice that the romance board which happens to be the most active and interesting has become unusually boring and a fecund terra firma for juveniles to feast on. This has made serious minds who may have contested to abandon this section. Had the mods taken this to FP the outcome will have been positively different.

You've said it all. Aptly and succintly described. As for why the Merrybet largess embedded to attract more contestants and make the competition more fun didn't work, your last paragraph captured the reason. And don't get your hopes up on this thread hitting the FP to garner more contestants, the owner even warned moderators back then not to move Mr./Ms. NL competition to FP at any stage, this was what led to the fallout between Séxkillz/Ogùgua and the CEO. Though he later reneged on his decision and now allows the final stage to hit the FP or the competition proper to hit the FP.
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - Nomination & Verification Thread by sinizia: 12:57am On Apr 18, 2016
scentmarlc:

Your points are solid..... no doubt

Still, i believe NL is a barrack, where soldier comes, soldier goes..

ilks of idowuogbo will not live on ML forever. As d day breaks, new members join. But i have to agree. your first two points nailed it

You are on point.
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - Nomination & Verification Thread by TheSociopath(m): 12:58am On Apr 18, 2016
cry
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - Nomination & Verification Thread by sinizia: 1:00am On Apr 18, 2016
daretodiffer:
I don't know how to answer that smiley

I don't mind conflicts except if it is with someone I like. It is very easy to piss people off and sometimes it is nice to sit back and watch how they react. I have reduced it sha, thanks to one moniker like that.

Deal!grin

@embolden, the one that was stalking you? grin grin

Deal? Not so fast, smarty pants!! Since I do have choices (it's obvious I'm not a beggar), you'll avail me all your alternates so I can choose 2 of the best posh-sounding monikers. I'm an ajebutter. tongue grin
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - Nomination & Verification Thread by mysticgal(f): 1:02am On Apr 18, 2016
Mikeyjoe:
Mysticgal is pulchritudinous. I support her
Awwww thanks, though I didn't get the word pulchritudinous but that explains why a dictionary should be my friend.
Guys vote for me!!!
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - Nomination & Verification Thread by FatPreek(m): 1:03am On Apr 18, 2016
refiner:

...yea sweety.. dat's y I hired a good photographer...and here he comes!wink
its ghud lik that. Who is he ?
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - Nomination & Verification Thread by Nobody: 1:04am On Apr 18, 2016
sinizia:

@embolden, the one that was stalking you? grin grin

Deal? Not so fast, smarty pants!! Since I do have choices (it's obvious I'm not a beggar), you'll avail me all your alternates so I can choose 2 of the best posh-sounding monikers. I'm an ajebutter. tongue grin
God forbid! He is not the one. cool

How many alternates do I have? smiley
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - Nomination & Verification Thread by ayokunlei(m): 1:05am On Apr 18, 2016
Neyoor:

Subhuan Allah.

Well, it is still not late for your to retrace your path.

Neyoor the evangelist grin
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - Nomination & Verification Thread by FatPreek(m): 1:06am On Apr 18, 2016
Jadekitana:
It is ooo grin grin grin though I just saw fatpreek grin
yelz that's me grin grin. Do yhu lik big things too?

1 Like

Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - Nomination & Verification Thread by FatPreek(m): 1:06am On Apr 18, 2016
skarlett:

grin grin grinI tot I was the only one grin
Hey baby cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - Nomination & Verification Thread by FatPreek(m): 1:08am On Apr 18, 2016
SmellingAnus:
hahaha anyway, I know a female that likes fat Preek... Take care dear... You are a darling....
who lik me wey I never sabi?
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - Nomination & Verification Thread by sinizia: 1:09am On Apr 18, 2016
daretodiffer:
God forbid! He is not the one. cool

How many alternates do I have? smiley

How would I know?

I know of three though. tongue
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - Nomination & Verification Thread by Nobody: 1:15am On Apr 18, 2016
sinizia:

How would I know?

I know of three though. tongue
Choose 2 smiley
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - Nomination & Verification Thread by Smellymouth: 1:18am On Apr 18, 2016
grin cheesy goodnight joor
daretodiffer:
The only solution is to root for Estharfabian cheesy
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - Nomination & Verification Thread by sinizia: 1:18am On Apr 18, 2016
daretodiffer:
Choose 2 smiley
Doveda and one other one you have. tongue
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - Nomination & Verification Thread by mamagee3(f): 1:43am On Apr 18, 2016
*Mamagee just checking in* tongue
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - Nomination & Verification Thread by Nobody: 2:02am On Apr 18, 2016
mamagee3:
Sweetie. I've been waiting here for you. Just type "#trendmimzy" down at the end of ur posts to create more awareness. Thanks dear.

1 Like

Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - Nomination & Verification Thread by mamagee3(f): 2:08am On Apr 18, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

Sweetie. I've been waiting here for you. Just type "#trendmimzy" down at the end of ur posts to create more awareness. Thanks dear.
Okay.

#trendmamagee. grin
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - Nomination & Verification Thread by Nobody: 2:08am On Apr 18, 2016
What's with the low turnout even with the high prize?
It seems there are no girls on this section again.
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - Nomination & Verification Thread by Nobody: 3:47am On Apr 18, 2016
refiner:

...awww...fanks love..hope u're rooting for me too!wink
Only if I know how to do that.
The only thing I know is that you're exceptionally beautiful and you so much deserve the attention you are getting. How to root for a damsel like you, I honestly have no idea
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - Nomination & Verification Thread by mamagee3(f): 4:30am On Apr 18, 2016
Vote for mamagee!!!

cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - Nomination & Verification Thread by donbenedict(m): 5:23am On Apr 18, 2016
Smellymouth:
grin cheesy u nor well.

How is Gold circle?
lwkmd! Don't even dare go there
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - Nomination & Verification Thread by Funjosh(m): 5:54am On Apr 18, 2016
Tabh:

Are you a boy

2 Likes

Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - Nomination & Verification Thread by dharay99: 6:08am On Apr 18, 2016
mamagee3:

tut u were contesting also.. .
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - Nomination & Verification Thread by misspicy(f): 6:13am On Apr 18, 2016
Tabh:
Are you an Hermaphrodite? grin
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - Nomination & Verification Thread by codedslayer: 6:18am On Apr 18, 2016
MarysMeal:
BruteForce101, YourNemesis, Omonnakoda, Omoelesa, Omosiliyu, hmuhammad, albany231, codedslayer, idisuleourown, sirsubway1, please help inform the rest guys whom i might have forgotten their handles that we are rooting for MIMZY for miss Nairaland 2016.

#WeAppreciate

No probs bro #back to politics section cheesy
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - Nomination & Verification Thread by dharay99: 6:21am On Apr 18, 2016
Loyalblak007:
Time to see some real pictures... Where them Pretty Girls at?

and wah abt u...
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - Nomination & Verification Thread by dharay99: 6:23am On Apr 18, 2016
ClassCaptain:
I would have nominated dominique but she is way pass this.

Anyway

www.nairaland.com/uniqueness01

i love beautiful things
cc dygeasy
grin grin grin
if she accepts, make i bend like 7
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - Nomination & Verification Thread by misspicy(f): 6:25am On Apr 18, 2016
Eleniyan15:
K

I sight you IN 3D

Mis spicy you no contest cool
I go contest na grin

I have even been verified, check the front page tongue
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - Nomination & Verification Thread by IamLEGEND1: 6:25am On Apr 18, 2016
Synnzu:

Valid points. But I'm sure he has his reason.
Even if na slowly, but surely, Mimzy will get there! Dygeasy go follow shayo that day seff gringrin
Reasons? I guess we'll just have to wait & see then.Victory is already a sure thing & we'll definitely be getting Dygeasy high on dem red labels on that day cheesy

1 Like

Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - Nomination & Verification Thread by octopusfreaky(f): 6:27am On Apr 18, 2016
I vote for
Cc Estharfabian.
I should be contesting next year sefff
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - Nomination & Verification Thread by HITTED(m): 6:30am On Apr 18, 2016
daretodiffer:
Choose 2 smiley
See the liar. I know all your monikers grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (411) (Reply)

Sms That Would Make Any Girl Fall In Love / Best Long Distance Relationship Songs Top 20 (my Favourites) / Ok

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.