Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,698 members, 7,816,855 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

"How I Was Tricked Into Raising Another Man's Son". - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "How I Was Tricked Into Raising Another Man's Son". (1026 Views)

Cancelled Wedding In Anambra: Lady Jilted Fiance Over Another Man Living Abroad / How My Fiancee Tricked Me, What Can I Do To Get Out Of This Mess. / Guy Cries Out After Lady Tricked Him Into Giving Her "Head" While On Her Period! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"How I Was Tricked Into Raising Another Man's Son". by Lunar2010: 5:12pm On Apr 14, 2016
I go this off of a blog and thought to share... Women sha!

[b]When I met my first wife, Belinda in 1998. We shared a dream to have a child but we hit wall after wall. I had to get a reverse vasectomy. She had to go through IVF treatment. I supported her through the whole process, while helping her to set up her own business.
Eventually, after many trips to different fertility clinics, Belinda became pregnant in the summer of 2004. I was overjoyed.
I can still remember the first moment I saw my son. We were in the hospital for a scan, and there he was, my boy, my son. It was one of the most profoundly emotional moments of my life.

And it still is – for different reasons. I now know that as I was beginning my lifelong bond with the image on that screen, my then wife was sitting on the hospital bed next to me wearing a poker face. She knew I had no reason to feel the way I did to that child. She knew I would never be his real, biological parent. And yet she said nothing.

Years passed and Belinda and I naturally drifted apart. We divorced in 2007. Throughout the process, I was a loving and present father to my beautiful son, Henry. It remained that way for five and a quarter amazing years. But when I finally moved away from the area and requested alternating weekend contact, Belinda resisted. It was these actions that pushed me to file a contact case against her.

Since then, I’ve often asked myself what was going on inside her head at that moment. But, of course, at that time I knew no better.
Looking back, as the case progressed, I should have sensed that something was wrong. Henry began calling me by my first name rather than “Daddy”. I remember trying to explain to Henry that “Mummy and I are just trying to sort out when we’ll see you”. His little eyes looked so worried and sad.

I didn’t know then that he had been told that I was not his real father.
That accolade belonged to Paul. Paul, who had been in Belinda’s life for years, was her ex and had been spending time with Henry behind my back for years.

I had no idea how deep his deception rang until I received Belinda’s phone call. It was mid-2011 and I was in Somerset on a weekend retreat. Belinda had just received the court papers formally notifying her that I had begun proceedings on a contact case.
I was in the garden. Slowly, she drip fed me the truth. Spluttering down the phone, she dismantled my life in under five minutes. She believed that Henry was not my son. She had plotted and arranged a secret trip with Paul to a leading fertility clinic in Spain nine months before Henry's birth. She had swapped my sperm for his.

I went completely numb. I couldn’t process what I was hearing; I could think only of Henry.

When he had been born, Belinda was under anaesthetic – it was a caesarean birth. I had been the first person to hold Henry properly. As his eyes and my eyes had met, we had shared a profound moment that made the joy I’d felt during the scan pale into insignificance. It was I, not Belinda – and certainly not Paul – who made that first human connection.

It was three weeks before a DNA test was completed and Paul was confirmed as the father. I was devastated. How could the fertility clinic simply have swapped the sperm without questioning her actions or informing me?

And then, once the truth was out, I began to be erased from the picture. Like a footballer being substituted, Belinda made it clear that I was to leave the pitch and make room for Paul. I watched on from the sidelines as he took my position as the father of the family.

We went to court again – twice. The first time was a Contact Case: the Judge ruled that I had no legal right to see Henry. Effectively, he gave Belinda permission to cut me out of the picture entirely.

The second case was last year. Belinda was convicted of Parental Deceit and Fraud in the High Court, but I lost my two year battle to acquire a contact order for my ‘son’. In what I consider a smaller loss, I was also not awarded the £60,000 repayment of child maintenance, despite the fact that this was fraudulently obtained.
I last saw my son 17 months ago.

Like other victims if paternity fraud, I feel deeply damaged by the experience. I find it difficult to be in a lift with a small child, or in Starbucks surrounded by mothers and toddlers without freezing with profound sadness.

My situation is less rare than you may think. Only last week, research from a leading European university suggested that 1 in 50 western men could be unknowingly raising another man's child. And just the other day the Archbishop of Canterbury, Justin Welby, was caught innocently in the crossfire of a paternity scandal.
[/b]

By Richard Clark, as told to Jonathan Wells
Re: "How I Was Tricked Into Raising Another Man's Son". by talktonase(m): 5:19pm On Apr 14, 2016
women and secrecy!!.Sometimes when i see a sserpent and a treacherous woman i will prefer to kill the woman and allow the serpent live.

1 Like

Re: "How I Was Tricked Into Raising Another Man's Son". by bash4us(m): 5:22pm On Apr 14, 2016
A Dr in Lagos once confirmed that 2 out of 5 children do fail DNA paternity test in d western Nigeria state.

Women and their wahala!

1 Like

Re: "How I Was Tricked Into Raising Another Man's Son". by layla129(f): 5:27pm On Apr 14, 2016
embarassed
Re: "How I Was Tricked Into Raising Another Man's Son". by donbenedict(m): 5:31pm On Apr 14, 2016
Layla129, will that man ever trust women again?
Re: "How I Was Tricked Into Raising Another Man's Son". by Smellymouth: 5:32pm On Apr 14, 2016
Hhmmmmm
Re: "How I Was Tricked Into Raising Another Man's Son". by thesicilian: 5:33pm On Apr 14, 2016
Trust women at your own risk
Re: "How I Was Tricked Into Raising Another Man's Son". by layla129(f): 5:42pm On Apr 14, 2016
donbenedict:
Layla129, will that man ever trust women again?

I bet he won't
Re: "How I Was Tricked Into Raising Another Man's Son". by DaGC(m): 5:48pm On Apr 14, 2016
Like my man Chris Rock once said...
'' men lie all the time but when it comes to magnitude, its women hands down"

A man lie's usually 'I was at the bar with the boys or I was watching the game with Mike'

A woman's lie is 'it's your baby' cry

1 Like

Re: "How I Was Tricked Into Raising Another Man's Son". by braimeddy: 5:51pm On Apr 14, 2016
Why are some women so wicked like this, deceiving this young man all this while. I just imagined the trauma the ex husband will be facing. I hope not to come across such wicked lady in my life. Amen
Re: "How I Was Tricked Into Raising Another Man's Son". by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 14, 2016
This has to be the cruellest thing you can ever do to someone.
Re: "How I Was Tricked Into Raising Another Man's Son". by AccidentalGenius: 6:25pm On Apr 14, 2016
Whenever there's trouble anywhere, there's always a woman at the middle of it
Re: "How I Was Tricked Into Raising Another Man's Son". by Nobody: 6:33pm On Apr 14, 2016
Best tell her beforehand you'll have paternity test on your kids before marriage. I don talk my own smiley
Re: "How I Was Tricked Into Raising Another Man's Son". by Nobody: 7:02pm On Apr 14, 2016
Like a brother said, trust humans at you own own risk but women can be so secretive, please brothers be smart when dealing with a lady in terms of relationship and marriage- be slow to action but be very sharp and watchful. I have this rule " don't date a lady that still have contact with her ex" be it friend or business partner is very dangerous
Re: "How I Was Tricked Into Raising Another Man's Son". by Michizzy(f): 7:52pm On Apr 14, 2016
Ouch! That's heartless embarassed

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Women Please Stop Patronising Foreign Men / Impeccable Ways To Thrill A Nigerian Girl / Wonders Shall Never End.... Even Hugging Don Enter Record, Smh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.