Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,154 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:53 PM

Nigeria Has A Lazy Political Class – Pat Utomi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Has A Lazy Political Class – Pat Utomi (10819 Views)

Ayiri Emami Hosts Pat Utomi At His Mansion (Photos) / What Nnamdi Kanu Told Us In Prison — Pat Utomi / National Assets: Political Class Only "Sell And Spend"- Ezekwesili (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Has A Lazy Political Class – Pat Utomi by Nobody: 1:08am On Apr 15, 2016

Professor Patrick Utomi, erstwhile Vice Chairman of Keystone Bank

Prof. Pat Utomi, renowned political economist and President of Lagos Business School, has taken a swipe on President Muhammadu Buhari’s government, describing it as being filled with men who lack vision and the political will to salvage the economy of the nation.

Professor Pat Utomi was speaking during the lecture organized by the School of Media and Communications on Tuesday, April 13, 2016 on the theme “Economic Survival in a Period of Dwindling Oil Prices”.

He said men who occupy the political class were lazy and interested in filling their pocket at the detriment of the people they were meant to serve.

He attributed the economic challenges being faced in the country to the visionlessness of the leaders at the helm of affairs, maintaining that rather than being people oriented, their programmes are repressive.

He faulted the developmental policy of the federal government as it is flawed with no clear cut blueprint for national development and growth.

According to him, “Nigeria a lazy political class that is not visionary enough to see the need to reposition the country in the right policies that will shore up growth and stability in our economy without the sense of playing selfish and dancing to personal gains and self-aggrandizement”.

He said corruption has created a custom of people with money without the thought or foresight to create jobs for its citizens, even as he insisted that the government of the day is more responsible for the rot in the country’s economy than moving it forward.

He also said the policies of the Nigerian government tend more to aborting national progress than enhancing the overall development of the entire country

http://www.thetrentonline.com/buhari-surrounded-visionless-men-pat-utomi/

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Has A Lazy Political Class – Pat Utomi by idupaul: 1:12am On Apr 15, 2016
Prof please stop wailing with style

34 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has A Lazy Political Class – Pat Utomi by Nobody: 1:12am On Apr 15, 2016
Utomi. You lost out bah?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has A Lazy Political Class – Pat Utomi by jbbaba(m): 1:13am On Apr 15, 2016
GOD WILL SEE US TRU IN DIS COUNTRY

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has A Lazy Political Class – Pat Utomi by amaechi1: 1:18am On Apr 15, 2016
That was a nice story, but I could not find where he mention a single solution. Hence, that makes him voiceless as well.

Secondly, in as much as he mentioned our leader, that does not solely mean he was referring to the FG alone. Every one is involved (state and FG).

Thirdly, I was disappointed he did not mention devaluation of the naira as solution to economist crisis. That is one quick solution some lazy economics usually put forward.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has A Lazy Political Class – Pat Utomi by dulux07(m): 1:27am On Apr 15, 2016
Everyone jst dey talk der own. If u ve an idea, kindly voice it out instead of criticizing undecided. At least nigeria does not belong to APC nor buhari, it belongs to all of us.

14 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has A Lazy Political Class – Pat Utomi by Sibrah: 2:27am On Apr 15, 2016
amaechi1:
That was a nice story, but I could not find where he mention a single solution. Hence, that makes him voiceless as well.

Secondly, in as much as he mentioned our leader, that does not solely mean he was referring to the FG alone. Every one is involved (state and FG).

Thirdly, I was disappointed he did not mention devaluation of the naira as solution to economist crisis. That is one quick solution some lazy economics usually put forward.
He told us about the visionlessness of those around Buhari. That doesn't need a detailed solution. Get men of vision and solve the problem.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Has A Lazy Political Class – Pat Utomi by OgaTheTop2: 3:44am On Apr 15, 2016
idupaul:
Don't mind him. He is jealous.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has A Lazy Political Class – Pat Utomi by amaechi1: 3:59am On Apr 15, 2016
Sibrah:
He told us about the visionlessness of those around Buhari. That doesn't need a detailed solution. Get men of vision and solve the problem.

To me that is more like mentioning the problem not solution.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has A Lazy Political Class – Pat Utomi by Nobody: 4:12am On Apr 15, 2016
Make him a minister and the story will change instantly. He is a respected Nigerian and I believe he can channel whatever ideas he has for the country in a way that doesn't make him look like a jilted lover.

What are the right policies? Is the prof. keeping them close to his chest? Is he afraid some people might steal them?
All criticism no solution.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has A Lazy Political Class – Pat Utomi by nnachukz(m): 4:46am On Apr 15, 2016
Once you no dey there, everybody na visionless to you. The only visionless person I'm seeing is buhari himself. That man dullllllll.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Has A Lazy Political Class – Pat Utomi by Bruteforce101: 5:35am On Apr 15, 2016
nnachukz:
Once you no dey there, everybody na visionless to you. The only visionless person I'm seeing is buhari himself. That man dullllllll.

You see...This news is true to you even when its coming from pdp blog site trentonline but the other vanguard Enugu news is false. Buhahshsha. Hypocrite.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has A Lazy Political Class – Pat Utomi by samobaba(m): 5:43am On Apr 15, 2016
Utomi's vision who has it helped in Nigeria. You don't need to be in government to do things. Keystone Bank for no fail with all your economic no all. Now that you were expecting to be named minister but the government felt your pomposity will affect it work not minding your economically know all attitude. Now the government is surrounded by vision-less people. Bros who your vision don help for your state of origin. Go back to your constituency and apply your vision to empower your people and you need not write before people will make you their leader

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has A Lazy Political Class – Pat Utomi by blackpanda: 5:48am On Apr 15, 2016
Utomi is always making noise but never has anything to contribute. You sit somewhere to rubbish what govt is doing, but you dont have any alternative approach to offer. Pat Utomi is a noisemaker and charlattan, an elitist that loves to look down on people. If u give him a chance now, he will do even worse than jonathan!

11 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has A Lazy Political Class – Pat Utomi by Nelkoko: 5:49am On Apr 15, 2016
Dancing for baba visionless policies

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has A Lazy Political Class – Pat Utomi by modath(f): 5:52am On Apr 15, 2016
Prior to election, Pat Utomi had this to say;

http://www.nigerianmonitor.com/inec-2015-elections-prof-pat-utomi-endorses-buhari/

This is a direct quote of his

Let me close with a caveat. My response is a citizen response. My prism on this is not partisan. But I am a card carrying member of the APC. The emergence of the APC is a culmination of my life’s quest as an institutionalist to see the dynamic of two balanced political parties. I was sure that without competition between parties that are equals progress would continue to elude Nigeria So I longed for and worked for the scenario we have today.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/soludo-buhari-jonathan-elections-pat-utomi/

When names of ministerial nominees were being bandied around & some were insisting governor & minister can't come from same place, he refuted that stand with this;

http://dailypost.ng/2015/08/07/buhari-free-to-appoint-everybody-from-one-village-pat-utomi/

In short,no need dressing it in fine clothes, Prof is suffering from bad belletisis, grin

With all his fancy airs & grandstanding, we can all see how Bank PHB ended up!! Theory nor be Practical!!

Finally, Pat should know that, in a race between him & kachikwu, he is a non starter!

He may be fairer than the moon, Ibe Kachikwu is the Light!! cool

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has A Lazy Political Class – Pat Utomi by Fmartin(m): 6:10am On Apr 15, 2016
OgaTheTop2:
Don't mind him. He is jealous.
nt at all. Utomi is saying d truth.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has A Lazy Political Class – Pat Utomi by HolyHero: 6:17am On Apr 15, 2016
We are experiencing the change we so much desirre
Re: Nigeria Has A Lazy Political Class – Pat Utomi by lincolnj88: 6:57am On Apr 15, 2016
grin even d buhari is visionless.....
Daydreaming of buhari does not translate into vision

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has A Lazy Political Class – Pat Utomi by CACAWA(m): 6:59am On Apr 15, 2016
modath:

http://www.nigerianmonitor.com/inec-2015-elections-prof-pat-utomi-endorses-buhari/

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/soludo-buhari-jonathan-elections-pat-utomi/

When names of ministerial nominees were being bandied around & some were insisting governor & minister can't come from same place, he refuted that stand with this;

http://dailypost.ng/2015/08/07/buhari-free-to-appoint-everybody-from-one-village-pat-utomi/

In short,no need dressing it in fine clothes, Prof is suffering from bad belletisis, grin

With all his fancy airs & grandstanding, we can all see how Bank PHB ended up!! Theory nor be Practical!!

Finally, Pat should know that, in a race between him & kachikwu, he is a non starter!

thnx bro
Re: Nigeria Has A Lazy Political Class – Pat Utomi by Remii(m): 7:08am On Apr 15, 2016
With all your vision, where is your bankphb that was to use water to drive cars, mscheeew

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has A Lazy Political Class – Pat Utomi by yaki84: 7:13am On Apr 15, 2016
amaechi1:

how many solutions did d dullard proffered while sitting on the bench of opposition?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has A Lazy Political Class – Pat Utomi by Goke7: 7:16am On Apr 15, 2016
modath:

You bad no be small, na my prof u finish like this?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has A Lazy Political Class – Pat Utomi by NobleAngell(f): 7:16am On Apr 15, 2016
Pat Utomi and Ben Bruce are good at this. But wouldn't he rather surround himself with visionless people than people who have failed visions?
Re: Nigeria Has A Lazy Political Class – Pat Utomi by ogawisdom(m): 7:17am On Apr 15, 2016
grin buhari is visionless too

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Has A Lazy Political Class – Pat Utomi by 5starmilitant: 7:18am On Apr 15, 2016
idupaul:

Don't mind him, na now his eyes open. But unfortunately for him, he's not going to pay naira, but china's yuan for his wailing form.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has A Lazy Political Class – Pat Utomi by omowolewa: 7:22am On Apr 15, 2016
Maybe because the are not a product of LBS

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has A Lazy Political Class – Pat Utomi by DonMaxxy(m): 7:23am On Apr 15, 2016
The former presido was surrounded by clueless men...

The present presido was surrounded by visionless men...
The next presido likely to be surrounded by directionless men...

Nija who go please una sef...may be Jesus with Mohammed as presido and vp respectively and Amadioha as sen presido come 2023.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has A Lazy Political Class – Pat Utomi by Stalwert: 7:31am On Apr 15, 2016
Oga try again no vacant ministerial position

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has A Lazy Political Class – Pat Utomi by KissCODE(m): 7:36am On Apr 15, 2016
Nelkoko:
Dancing for baba visionless policies
make una dey dance joor....

Wailers are increasing in Numbers with every passing second
Re: Nigeria Has A Lazy Political Class – Pat Utomi by Nbote(m): 7:40am On Apr 15, 2016
Oga no let dem hear u ooo, else dem go dub u wailer... All of U suddenly bashing dis man, I remember how must of U included his name and rightly so wen we were all patiently waiting for d merit list of Saints. I wonder how he has suddenly become so despicable jus because he too hasn't seen d much talked about change. Hypocrites
Re: Nigeria Has A Lazy Political Class – Pat Utomi by Achuwa1(m): 7:42am On Apr 15, 2016
professor might be right,,,,,,,,
coz non of pmb minister is perfoeming & i guess coz they are working under an illiterate as a boss(pmb)

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FEC Approves N8.6 Billion For Enugu-onitsha Road / Urhobos:orogun Urhobos Turning To Ndokwa. / Atiku: Nigerians Are Proud Of PDP's Records In 16 Years When Compared To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.