Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,297 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:26 AM

Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? (19300 Views)

Zimbabwean Pastor, Tito, Arrested For Selling Tickets To Heaven For $500 Each / Born Again Lady, Sylvia Eguonor, Shares Before & After Photos / Are Muslims Going To Heaven? - Daddy Freeze Gives An Answer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by ayokunlei(m): 12:37pm On Apr 17, 2016
queenfav:
I like alcohol,don't see myself giving it up.If na sin,well...
shocked
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Apr 17, 2016
bigdot1759:
Anything Jesus didn't do during his lifetime is a GREAT SIN

So collecting tithes, playing football, drinking garri, solving calculus and wearing trousers are sins, right?

1 Like

Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by wirinet(m): 12:46pm On Apr 17, 2016
Peritus:
Bible does not condemn taking of alcohol, but condemns and forbids drunkenness.
To your question, yes, it can lead one to hell. If you walk in the spirit, you will discover that alcoholism fights against the spirit because it makes the mind volatile and weakens the body, thereby making it susceptible to sin. You have to avoid, not only sins but circumstances that lead to it.
Proverb 14:12 says that there are ways that seem right but the end is destruction. 1Cor 10:23 says, all thing are lawful for me but not all things are expedient: all things are lawful for me but all things edify not.
The question is: are you at you best behaviour and well positioned to worship God truly in spirit when you take alcohol?
The sole reason one can take one bottle, then add another and another is simply to get high. That getting high is where the problem lies.
Don't get me wrong, you have not committed any sin just by tasting/taking alcohol.
I stopped drinking beer, not because of sin, but because my spirit repulsed it while my body yearned for it.

If your spirit repulse alcohol, then how do you explain 1 Timothy 5:23, which states;
"Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities."
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by shaddoww: 12:47pm On Apr 17, 2016
feldido:

Was there ever a non alcoholic wine?
Wine in the biblical days must pass through fermentation process which in its state is already alcoholic.

All instances of wine mentioned in the Bible are alcohol.
just trying to b careful so dat some religious bigot won't pounce on me
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by Peritus(m): 12:55pm On Apr 17, 2016
wirinet:

If your spirit repulse alcohol, then how do you explain 1 Timothy 5:23, which states;
"Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities."
That is drinking for a good cause. My spirit repulsed it because it makes me volatile, and I don't have any good reason to take it. I've seen where a doctor recommended a glass of wine per day to a heart patient, and that was absolutely right.
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by alphyberry: 12:56pm On Apr 17, 2016
Peritus:
Bible does not condemn taking of alcohol, but condemns and forbids drunkenness.
To your question, yes, it can lead one to hell. If you walk in the spirit, you will discover that alcoholism fights against the spirit because it makes the mind volatile and weakens the body, thereby making it susceptible to sin. You have to avoid, not only sins but circumstances that lead to it.
Proverb 14:12 says that there are ways that seem right but the end is destruction. 1Cor 10:23 says, all thing are lawful for me but not all things are expedient: all things are lawful for me but all things edify not.
The question is: are you at you best behaviour and well positioned to worship God truly in spirit when you take alcohol?
The sole reason one can take one bottle, then add another and another is simply to get high. That getting high is where the problem lies.
Don't get me wrong, you have not committed any sin just by tasting/taking alcohol.
I stopped drinking beer, not because of sin, but because my spirit repulsed it while my body yearned for it.
My brother, u said it bt still contradictn ursef too..Dt same Bible tld us 2 abstain frm strong wine/drink. tnk God ur body repels it. Flesh is weak
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by obowunmi(m): 12:57pm On Apr 17, 2016
Nothing wrong with alcohol.

But problem with getting drunk.
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by Niyinficient(m): 12:58pm On Apr 17, 2016
YelloweWest:
For every genuine bible believing Christian out there pls say a word of prayer for my family we just lost our baby girl yesterday...
I'm a grieving mother. The pain is so real and crushing. I'm going out of my mind. I don't know what to do....

Am sorry abt urloss!

BT wait a min! Shud u b here on nairaland viewing and commenting on a thread?
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by bolaji3071(m): 12:58pm On Apr 17, 2016
YelloweWest:
For every genuine bible believing Christian out there pls say a word of prayer for my family we just lost our baby girl yesterday...
I'm a grieving mother. The pain is so real and crushing. I'm going out of my mind. I don't know what to do....

Father, please in your mercy comfort this family in
this time of loss. It is always so hard to understand
when one is called home so young and that pain of
the loss is so very great. Father...draw them near to
you and minister to them.. I pray that all are saved
and that they know therefore they will see her again
in heaven. Father...while we know they must grieve, I pray that your presence and your love will be felt by this family to help to get them through it and that in time their love for her and theirs for them will be a joy to recall. In Jesus name...Amen!

1 Like

Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by Peritus(m): 1:01pm On Apr 17, 2016
sarzy:

So collecting tithes, playing football, drinking garri, solving calculus and wearing trousers are sins, right?
Don't mind him. That is how people take off on the lane of extremism. Christ was clear in His words and the whole new testament is enough to adumbrate his words. I could remember when some extremists said that computer was "devil's box" and a ploy to sway believers. Now, they all use it for good. Extremism is as bad as lukewarmness.
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by Charly68: 1:03pm On Apr 17, 2016
Give wine to fools thus says His word..Remember that the wise fears the Lord & would never indulge in such a thing..Noah got drunk & cursed his grandchild..a child who did not offend him.. Lot got drunk and slept with his own daughters. Better they don't taste wine than for them to experience the disaster they fell into..Prevention is better than cure.
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by Irreplaceable48(f): 1:05pm On Apr 17, 2016
Yes it can. I knw many people will hide under d fact that Jesus turned water to wine to drink Alcohol. But d fact is: Did d bible say he turned water to Alcohol Was it written in d bible that after d people drank it, they started feeling tipsy? Dnt we have non-alcoholic wines?? If u can answer these questions, then u shud knw what I'm talking about.
You will all agree with me dat wine is TOTALLY diff 4rm alcohol. There r certain things we do nowadays which, within ourselves we knw is wrong but just because we r in d period of GRACE, we see them as norms.
Well, I just believe erryone shud hold unto his belief nd let's hope that most of these things will nt stand against us on judgement day!!!
#TeamSayNoToAlcohol
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by ylordy(m): 1:07pm On Apr 17, 2016
does smoking take one to hell?, no it doesnt
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by Peritus(m): 1:09pm On Apr 17, 2016
alphyberry:

My brother, u said it bt still contradictn ursef too..Dt same Bible tld us 2 abstain frm strong wine/drink. tnk God ur body repels it. Flesh is weak
It is wrong to see alcohol as sin in a bottle. I gave example of somebody whom the doctor told to be taking a glass of wine daily for his heart. Some extremists would cast and bind. A sister was advised to take a shot of shnapp to induce breast milk.
Some have taught that alcohol is a spiritual poison, forgetting that it could save life. The same way some people came off against blood transfusion, wearing foot wears etc.
The underlining factors are: small quantity and good cause. Both go together.

1 Like

Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by okrote4real: 1:26pm On Apr 17, 2016
Only Alcoholics know the road to hell when they swim inside drainage.
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by Bethelwealthy(m): 1:32pm On Apr 17, 2016
........if takes control of your senses, it takes God out of your life. Alcohol has power to derail, hence, derails straight to hell, one way ticket.
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by preacherz: 1:34pm On Apr 17, 2016
angelusbrut:
People that drink are called fools, the question is, can a fool make heaven?

Can u either??
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by jstriker442(m): 1:36pm On Apr 17, 2016
angelusbrut:
People that drink are called fools, the question is, can a fool make heaven?

you'd as well make me believe that gluttons r food. Therefore, dnt eat to make heaven abi ??

Pls this is sunday, sit, reason, think, read the bible, pray, then think again before speaking on any issue
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by preacherz: 1:37pm On Apr 17, 2016
alphyberry:

Where??
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by gbenga4my(m): 1:38pm On Apr 17, 2016
LIBERTY1980:
Alot and much have been said about alcohol, my question is, do you guyz think that, drinking alcohol is a sin?
Does bible forbid a christian from drinking beer,strong drink, alcohol,
Can drinking alcohol stop a believer from making it to heaven at last?
Your contribution can be of help to someone.
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Apr 17, 2016
bigdot1759:
Anything Jesus didn't do during his lifetime is a GREAT SIN
Nowhere in the Bible was it recorded that Jesus cultivated a farmland nor went to school nor commented on Nairaland or any other social media, bro if u do any of these, u'v committed a GREAT SIN (going by your analogy)
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by preacherz: 1:47pm On Apr 17, 2016
Irreplaceable48:
Yes it can. I knw many people will hide under d fact that Jesus turned water to wine to drink Alcohol. But d fact is: Did d bible say he turned water to Alcohol Was it written in d bible that after d people drank it, they started feeling tipsy? Dnt we have non-alcoholic wines?? If u can answer these questions, then u shud knw what I'm talking about.
You will all agree with me dat wine is TOTALLY diff 4rm alcohol. There r certain things we do nowadays which, within ourselves we knw is wrong but just because we r in d period of GRACE, we see them as norms.
Well, I just believe erryone shud hold unto his belief nd let's hope that most of these things will nt stand against us on judgement day!!!
#TeamSayNoToAlcohol

Do U blv dat in a marriage ceremony where Elders aren't found wanting, that the term"wine" would rather mean a non alcoholic drink
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by winner01(m): 1:47pm On Apr 17, 2016
joey150:
talk to christians with high intellect.. All these hungry Nigerian pastors have turned the whole thing to a joke.. I cant even blame your perception about it.. Me myself dey shame for some of em.. But dude.. God is not dead!
Did you mean the numerous threads about the misdeeds of pastors.
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by Justycxx(m): 1:50pm On Apr 17, 2016
LIBERTY1980:
Alot and much have been said about alcohol, my question is, do you guyz think that, drinking alcohol is a sin?
Does bible forbid a christian from drinking beer,strong drink, alcohol,
Can drinking alcohol stop a believer from making it to heaven at last?
Your contribution can be of help to someone.
isaiah 5:22-30, You are doomed, heroes of the wine botte
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by winner01(m): 1:51pm On Apr 17, 2016
ifenes:
Another irrelevant topic to discuss. Can't Christians for once grow up and contribute to having a better world,rather than heaven.
most people who have made the world a better place through inventions and innovations are theists.
Stop being intolerant my friend.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by Justycxx(m): 1:57pm On Apr 17, 2016
parisbookaddict:

Lol.. Psuedo-Christians often misinterpret the bible.

Jesus himself drank wine (even the Jews criticized him for it) and he shared wine during the last supper. And do not start saying its non-alcoholic because that would be a baseless assumption.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with wine / alcohol.
Read isaiah 5:22-30, You are doomed, heroes of the wine bottle.....

You can take alcohol, but if you are a hero(drunk) you are doomed. Hence since we know alcohol can be addictive lets try our best to avoid it
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by chiteny(m): 2:01pm On Apr 17, 2016
Peritus:

The question is: how can you measure drunkenness? Is it when one has lost his sanity and is staggering and vomiting around?
Taking of alcohol is discouraged if there is no good cause you intend to achieve through it.
Once you take a bottle+ you may retain a firm mind, but not a firm will. You will know what you are doing but not what is doing you. People who struggle to avoid certain sin (especially the sex related ones) usually fall back to it once they drink because of lack firm control that follows such.
Only if we can "de-categorize" our actions from sin and no sin to whether it pleases the Spirit of God in us/glorify God. Only if we can worry more about what the Spirit desires than what our flesh lusts for. Then, we may understand Proverb 14:12 and worship Him in truth and in SPIRIT.

Bros Happy Sunday! Only one bottle dey make you jonze?! LOL. One bottle for me na to open belle. I still have my strong will and sanity intact.

My simple take:

Alcohol in itself is not a sin to consume. However, watch it so you don't get drunk. Drunkards are the once that will not inherit the kingdom of God (1st Corinth 6:10). So the question is what quantity will make you drunk? Besides note that a drunkard is one that forms the habit of getting drunk at the slightest opportunity. Also the acts you do when drunk also can be sinful.

So to be on the safe side of things, if you know you cannot handle it, fight to overcome the temptation of taking alcohol, not even a sip.

For those that drink, avoid getting drunk.

For those that just started (in order to measure the quantity that would get you drunk), once you get drunk, go to bed, then avoid alcohol entirely or at least don't get to the level to makes you drunk so you don't form the habit of drinking to stupor and becoming a drunkard, thus missing the kingdom of heaven.

For all, abstinence is always the best (just like in premarital sex) so you will not tempt temptation. grin
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by chiteny(m): 2:04pm On Apr 17, 2016
grin grin
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by rawgame(m): 2:06pm On Apr 17, 2016
joey150:
if i call you mumu they would say you are insulting people. Drinking and getting drunk is it the same thing??

FOR YOUR INFORMATION ALL OF YOU.. JESUS HAD ALCOHOL WHILE ON EARTH..
If i wasnt a catholic i would have been an atheist. cause other churches dont make one atom of sense to me.

Nairaland won't let me write JESUS in caps??
I hail thee...na una no wetin Jesus do una.
I can write DEVIL in caps..But not JESUS.. Illuminati things oh.
. Please get out of my mentions.
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by P0intBlank(m): 2:07pm On Apr 17, 2016
parisbookaddict:

No it is not a sin. I challenge anyone who says other wise to Cite a bible verse saying its a sin. Don't forget that the first miracle of Christ was turning water to wine. There are also health benefits to drinking wine in moderation. Getting drunk tho is shameful and condemned in the bible.

I'm with you on this. Jesus himself said, "It is not what goes into the mouth of a man that defiles and dishonors him, but what comes out of the mouth, this defiles and dishonors him" Matthew 15:11(AMP). The emphasis here should be moderation.
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by rawgame(m): 2:08pm On Apr 17, 2016
RebelLeader15:

Egbon. ....stop this noise and read 1 timothy 5:23.

Reply me after reading sir
my post was just to discourage people from getting drunk. I was not referring to everybody. Well I only said what is contained in the scriptures
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by rawgame(m): 2:09pm On Apr 17, 2016
sabi99:
one is termed a drunkard when he/she takes alcohol in excess.....one can still take alcohol and still make heaven......not in excess ds time
well said bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? / Time Jehovah Has Spent In His SPIRITUAL Prison / Bishop Wale Oke: How I Rejected $25 Million Loan Offer By Obeying God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.