Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,303 members, 7,957,766 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:37 PM

Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? (19706 Views)

Zimbabwean Pastor, Tito, Arrested For Selling Tickets To Heaven For $500 Each / Born Again Lady, Sylvia Eguonor, Shares Before & After Photos / Are Muslims Going To Heaven? - Daddy Freeze Gives An Answer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by abumeinben(m): 10:37am On Apr 17, 2016
rawgame:
1 corinthians 6:10. ...drunkards shall not inherit God's kingdom. You can read both verses 9 and 10

He did not say drunkards, broda rawgame.

By the way, haven't u seen those those drinking "small stat" grin
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by dhenri(m): 10:37am On Apr 17, 2016
drinking wine is not a sin but is a weight. weight is anytin that weigh or hinder us from moving or making progress.Hebrews 12:1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with........however as a Christian is a choice if u think taking it u will be able to control it no problem....taking it is not d problem the problem is control it so that u will not be drunk....drunkenness is wat d bile say is a sin 1corth 6vs10.....for u not to be drunk don't drink that is mi conclusion of the matA
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by Nobody: 10:39am On Apr 17, 2016
angelusbrut:
People that drink are called fools, the question is, can a fool make heaven?
everybody is entitled to his or her opinion buh it wasn't written in the ten commandment naa, jesus even turn water into wine, so what are u talking about naa, bible also said a little alcohol is good for ur stomach, why do before u pray u ask God to forgive of ur sins? all of us are all sinners, so leave that thing, drinking is not a sin buh getting drunk and misbehaving is a sin
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by sabi99(m): 10:40am On Apr 17, 2016
rawgame:
1 corinthians 6:10. ...drunkards shall not inherit God's kingdom. You can read both verses 9 and 10
one is termed a drunkard when he/she takes alcohol in excess.....one can still take alcohol and still make heaven......not in excess ds time
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by queenfav(f): 10:40am On Apr 17, 2016
I like alcohol,don't see myself giving it up.If na sin,well...

Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by Greatzeus(m): 10:44am On Apr 17, 2016
YelloweWest:
For every genuine bible believing Christian out there pls say a word of prayer for my family we just lost our baby girl yesterday...
I'm a grieving mother. The pain is so real and crushing. I'm going out of my mind. I don't know what to do....
May Almighty God be with you and your family in this your trying times.May God be with the rest of your kids,may you never experience such again in your lifetime.If you don't have any other kid yet,may he bless your womb and give you children that you will see grow up,become educated to any level they want,become great and a blessing to you and the country,in the name of Jesus,amen.

2 Likes

Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by hisgrace090: 10:47am On Apr 17, 2016
Whatever the old testament Bible called alcoholic drinking fool or what, Jesus see all before his reply of nothing that goes into man can defile a man but what goes out.Jesus drink wine and all bible wine contains alchoholc as what they called non alcoholic wine today is nothing but fruit juice. Even Jesus deciples preach moderation in drinking . colosian 2:16 says let no man condamn you for what you eat or drink, read also ROM 14:1-12. Let me end here for now thanks.
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by feldido(m): 10:49am On Apr 17, 2016
shaddoww:
First of all,there is no law against it in d bible n it wasnt stated in d ten commandment as a sin, wat was said abt it in d bible is dat we should avoid being drunk cos it can lead u to committing dat which as been stated to b a sin.
Read 1timothy 5vs23 although it didnt really state if it should b alcoholic .

Was there ever a non alcoholic wine?
Wine in the biblical days must pass through fermentation process which in its state is already alcoholic.

All instances of wine mentioned in the Bible are alcohol.
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by HolyHero: 10:56am On Apr 17, 2016
YelloweWest:
For every genuine bible believing Christian out there pls say a word of prayer for my family we just lost our baby girl yesterday...
I'm a grieving mother. The pain is so real and crushing. I'm going out of my mind. I don't know what to do....
so sorry for your loss.. May God grant you the fortitude to bear the loss.. Always take consolidation in the fact that it could be worse.

2 Likes

Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by Chivasex: 11:04am On Apr 17, 2016
I do not thing so as the bible says let him drink and forget his sorrows and again the bile says one should take a little wine for the stomach sake.
SO if used moderately you still will make heaven. Bless!
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by jayAjoku(m): 11:08am On Apr 17, 2016
Nope it can't it just makes you act foolish. He who is born of God i.e born again is seated in heaven already so drinking that doesn't stop you....... drinking alcohol just makes you lose focus on who you are in God
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by YelloweWest: 11:14am On Apr 17, 2016
Greatzeus:

May Almighty God be with you and your family in this your trying times.May God be with the rest of your kids,may you never experience such again in your lifetime.If you don't have any other kid yet,may he bless your womb and give you children that you will see grow up,become educated to any level they want,become great and a blessing to you and the country,in the name of Jesus,amen.
Amen brother. I appreciate
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by kizzoh(m): 11:14am On Apr 17, 2016
SPG4U:
[size=20pt]Well i cant answer that question because:

1. i have never been to heaven

2. i do not drink alcohol....i only drink non alcoholic alcohol [/size]
Who ask you
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by YelloweWest: 11:18am On Apr 17, 2016
YOUNGSTUNNA:

sorry about your loss...
but if you're really grieving you shouldn't be online this soon....

show some respect to the poor kid.....

God rest her soul in perfect peace
I understand you bro. But the moment I put my phone down I loose control of myself.
This is just an escapist for me... I have no one to talk to and I'm inconsolable
A times talking to a stranger seems like the only comfort
I really don't know what to do
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by YelloweWest: 11:22am On Apr 17, 2016
HolyHero:
so sorry for your loss.. May God grant you the fortitude to bear the loss.. Always take consolidation in the fact that it could be worse.
Amen. Thanks
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by AceRoyal: 11:24am On Apr 17, 2016
YelloweWest:

2Samuel 12:16-25.
Psalms 119:50 "This is my comfort in my affliction,
that your promise gives me life".

Romans 8:28 "And we know that all things work
together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose."

Romans 8:38 "For I am persuaded that neither death
nor life, nor angels nor principalities
nor powers, nor things present nor
things to come, nor height nor depth,
nor any other created thing, shall be
able to separate us from the love of
God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Psalm 34:18 "The Lord is near to those who are
broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit".

Isaiah 40:31 "But they that wait upon the Lord shall
renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall
walk and not faint."

Matthew 5:4 "Blessed are those who mourn, for they
shall be comforted."

I know whats it's like to lose a child cuz I've been in same situation.
May God grant u the fortitude to bear the lose and may He compensate you accordingly.

1 Like

Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by joey150(m): 11:25am On Apr 17, 2016
Motherfucker2:

Who is God ??
I guess this is the guy you call God.
He was born 5 billion years ago when there was no camera, who took his pictures ??
just a visual representation..nobody says thats what He actually looks like
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by mekonglobal(m): 11:27am On Apr 17, 2016
Jhosh:
Many Christians simply won't be able to give an answer using the Bible, part of the reason for this is that the Bible does not pronounce clearly on the matter of abstinence or it leading to hell. It is often alleged that a stand against Christians drinking alcoholic beverage is unscriptural and is an improper binding of the conscience of others. While it is a fundamental principle of Christianity that each individual has a right to act in agreement with his own conscience before God and in the light of written revelation, it should always be remembered that conscience is not an infallible guide. Our conscience about a given issue is not to act independently of Scripture but is to be shaped by the teaching of the Word of God, whether that teaching is clearly stated or implied. While there is no express command in Scripture prohibiting the consumption of alcohol there are other Scriptural principles which can be applied to the case of the Christian's use of alcohol...Follow Your conscience !
I simply go with this!
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by YelloweWest: 11:30am On Apr 17, 2016
AceRoyal:

2Samuel 12:16-25.
Psalms 119:50 "This is my comfort in my affliction,
that your promise gives me life".

Romans 8:28 "And we know that all things work
together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose."

Romans 8:38 "For I am persuaded that neither death
nor life, nor angels nor principalities
nor powers, nor things present nor
things to come, nor height nor depth,
nor any other created thing, shall be
able to separate us from the love of
God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Psalm 34:18 "The Lord is near to those who are
broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit".

Isaiah 40:31 "But they that wait upon the Lord shall
renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall
walk and not faint."

Matthew 5:4 "Blessed are those who mourn, for they
shall be comforted."

I know whats it's like to lose a child cuz I've been in same situation.
May God grant u the fortitude to bear the lose and may He compensate you accordingly.
Who ever you are may God bless you so much for this. I truly thankful. Reading this just gave strength to me
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by vchykp(m): 11:30am On Apr 17, 2016
Alchohol is canal, proverb said "give strong wine to the fools".. And we know that sinners are the fools,no point asking, my brother it is a 1st degree sin even tho I'm drinking now.. #joinME.!
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by RebelLeader15(m): 11:33am On Apr 17, 2016
rawgame:
Egbon. ....stop this noise and read 1 timothy 5:23.

Reply me after reading sir
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by RebelLeader15(m): 11:35am On Apr 17, 2016
LIBERTY1980:
Alot and much have been said about alcohol, my question is, do you guyz think that, drinking alcohol is a sin?
Does bible forbid a christian from drinking beer,strong drink, alcohol,
Can drinking alcohol stop a believer from making it to heaven at last?
Your contribution can be of help to someone.
My brother, simply open your bible and read 1 timothy 5:23......

Reply me with a nice post after reading it.....
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by AceRoyal: 11:40am On Apr 17, 2016
YelloweWest:

Who ever you are may God bless you so much for this. I truly thankful. Reading this just gave strength to me
You are welcome.
After I lost my son just after birth some years back,I practically ran mad with grieve for 3months.I locked myself up and was Alwz in a state of grieve.
But in my darkest hour,I found strength and the love of God comforted me.The whole incident changed my life for good!I'm a better man today cuz it positively change my perspective on life.

Don't let the devil steal ur joy by letting yourself wallow in constant grief.

Job lost all his children in one day,but was duely compensated when he realized the awesomeness of God's love and Grace.

As long as the Lord liveth,He will comfort u with another before the end of next year.

1 Like

Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by YelloweWest: 11:51am On Apr 17, 2016
AceRoyal:

You are welcome.
After I lost my son just after birth some years back,I practically ran mad with grieve for 3months.I locked myself up and was Alwz in a state of grieve.
But in my darkest hour,I found strength and the love of God comforted me.The whole incident changed my life for good!I'm a better man today cuz it positively change my perspective on life.

Don't let the devil steal ur joy by letting yourself wallow in constant grief.

Job lost all his children in one day,but was duely compensated when he realized the awesomeness of God's love and Grace.

As long as the Lord liveth,He will comfort u with another before the end of next year.
I have kids. Angel was my last. I certainly don't want to go through pregnancy again, but the thought of living without my last born is just tearing me apart. She was born April 10th. And died yesterday...
She was premature.

The pain is driving me insane.
And I don't want to talk or see anyone cos a times people just don't know the right things to say when a person is grieving. For example they say stuff like at least you have other kids focus on them and forget this one.. my question to them is which of your kids would u like to live without??

That's the reason I'm online, a times a stranger can do more for you than family and friends.
Thanks again for sharing your story
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by rofesobi33(m): 11:57am On Apr 17, 2016
Seems you guys do not understand the meaning of alcoholic drink and to be addicted drunkard. No Bible passage really forbid drinking of alcoholic drink. What Bible established is nobody should drink excessively and it must be in moderation.
Also, no one needs his/her Holy book to condemn ones drinking habit if and only if it is of diverse effect to ones health.
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by antispexish(m): 11:58am On Apr 17, 2016
Peritus:

The question is: how can you measure drunkenness? Is it when one has lost his sanity and is staggering and vomiting around?
Taking of alcohol is discouraged if there is no good cause you intend to achieve through it.
Once you take a bottle+ you may retain a firm mind, but not a firm will. You will know what you are doing but not what is doing you. People who struggle to avoid certain sin (especially the sex related ones) usually fall back to it once they drink because of lack firm control that follows such.
Only if we can "de-categorize" our actions from sin and no sin to whether it pleases the Spirit of God in us/glorify God. Only if we can worry more about what the Spirit desires than what our flesh lusts for. Then, we may understand Proverb 14:12 and worship Him in truth and in SPIRIT.
NLT
When you arrive, you may use the money to buy any kind of food you want--cattle, sheep, goats, wine, or other alcoholic drink. Then feast there in the presence of the LORD your God and celebrate with your household.

THERE IS A TIME FOR MERRIMENT, THERE IS A TIME FOR GETTING SERIOUS!
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by Originalsly: 11:59am On Apr 17, 2016
Wine is alcoholic. . .but the Bible says a little wine is good for the stomach... and also says drunkards would not be allowed into Heaven. We eat food...but the Bible says gluttons would not be allowed in Heaven. Must we not drink wine because we can become drunkards?...must we not eat food because we can become gluttons? The Bible says whatever you do....do it in moderation and that's the bottom line.

1 Like

Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by antispexish(m): 12:00pm On Apr 17, 2016
bolaji3071:

A genuine believer, who isnot a baby christian won't drink/taste alcohol. It is a sin.

When you arrive, you may use the money to buy any kind of food you want--cattle, sheep, goats, wine, or other alcoholic drink. Then feast there in the presence of the LORD your God and celebrate with your household.

This is tithe money ooooo ooooo.

1 Like

Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by AceRoyal: 12:02pm On Apr 17, 2016
YelloweWest:

I have kids. Angel was my last. I certainly don't want to go through pregnancy again, but the thought of living without my last born is just tearing me apart. She was born April 10th. And died yesterday...
She was premature.

The pain is driving me insane.
And I don't want to talk or see anyone cos a times people just don't know the right things to say when a person is grieving. For example they say stuff like a least you have other kids.. my question to them is which of your kids would u like to live without??

That's the reason I'm online, a times a stranger can do more for you than family and friends.
Thanks again for sharing your story

"Angels" can only be in one place,so take solace in the fact that your "Angel" is in no other place than in heaven.
Be strong and be of good Courage.

1 Like

Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by buoye1(m): 12:16pm On Apr 17, 2016
Even if it is written in the Bible to drink alcohol, i won't for the sake of health... I can't damage my kidney because of trash.... I hate alcohol .....so I'll rather advise people to stay away
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by Captain001(m): 12:35pm On Apr 17, 2016
Deliberating over this issue has always been like pouring water on a stone. The crux of the matter is No spirit filled Christian will drink alcohol no water how small the quantity.
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by ClinicalHope(f): 12:36pm On Apr 17, 2016
YelloweWest:
Heavenly Father please heal her pain and comfort her family. Ma I believe God will keep you, hold you with his hand of love and never let you Go... please be strong and don't lose faith in God.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? / How To Handle Dating And Sexual Purity / Woman Reports Noisy Church To LASEPA. Forces Them To Change Venue Of Vigil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.