Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,057 members, 7,953,195 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:09 PM

Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? (19688 Views)

Zimbabwean Pastor, Tito, Arrested For Selling Tickets To Heaven For $500 Each / Born Again Lady, Sylvia Eguonor, Shares Before & After Photos / Are Muslims Going To Heaven? - Daddy Freeze Gives An Answer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by P0intBlank(m): 2:10pm On Apr 17, 2016
sarzy:

So collecting tithes, playing football, drinking garri, solving calculus and wearing trousers are sins, right?

add getting married
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by rawgame(m): 2:11pm On Apr 17, 2016
abumeinben:

He did not say drunkards, broda rawgame.

By the way, haven't u seen those those drinking "small stat" grin
you did not understand me. Happy sunday
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by rawgame(m): 2:16pm On Apr 17, 2016
Taiwo20:

Deut 14 v 21-26
Emphasis on verse 26
my post was to discourage people from getting drunk. Well I pointed out what the Holy Spirit hates which is also in the scriptures
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by rawgame(m): 2:19pm On Apr 17, 2016
doskie:
drunkard you say. not drinkers
Yes drunkards.
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by Theophinio(m): 2:19pm On Apr 17, 2016
Peritus:
Bible does not condemn taking of alcohol, but condemns and forbids drunkenness.
To your question, yes, it can lead one to hell. If you walk in the spirit, you will discover that alcoholism fights against the spirit because it makes the mind volatile and weakens the body, thereby making it susceptible to sin. You have to avoid, not only sins but circumstances that lead to it.
Proverb 14:12 says that there are ways that seem right but the end is destruction. 1Cor 10:23 says, all thing are lawful for me but not all things are expedient: all things are lawful for me but all things edify not.
The question is: are you at you best behaviour and well positioned to worship God truly in spirit when you take alcohol?
The sole reason one can take one bottle, then add another and another is simply to get high. That getting high is where the problem lies.
Don't get me wrong, you have not committed any sin just by tasting/taking alcohol.
I stopped drinking beer, not because of sin, but because my spirit repulsed it while my body yearned for it.
This is it
More Grace is upon you Sir
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by squarelead(m): 2:20pm On Apr 17, 2016
My question is.... If you see your pastor taking alcohol... What impression will that bring.
Taking a bottle might not get you high but the urge for more may come

1 Like

Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by mesoprogress(m): 2:24pm On Apr 17, 2016
Peritus:
To your question, yes, it can lead one to hell. If you walk in the spirit, you will discover that alcoholism fights against the spirit because it makes the mind volatile and weakens the body, thereby making it susceptible to sin. You have to avoid, not only sins but circumstances that lead to it.
Proverb 14:12 says that there are ways that seem right but the end is destruction. 1Cor 10:23 says, all thing are lawful for me but not all things are expedient: all things are lawful for me but all things edify not.
The question is: are you at you best behaviour and well positioned to worship God truly in spirit when you take alcohol?
The sole reason one can take one bottle, then add another and another is simply to get high. That getting high is where the problem lies.
Don't get me wrong, you have not committed any sin just by tasting/taking alcohol.
I stopped drinking beer, not because of sin, but because my spirit repulsed it while my body yearned for it.
Good points. I do take alcohol but very little at a time. A glass or two of red wine, not more than one can of beer. No spirits! As a Christian, I even do this sparingly and socially not to appear holier than thou. God bless you.
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by eagleonearth(m): 2:31pm On Apr 17, 2016
Peritus:
you can't be more correct bro, if every man were to take a can of stout and be merry for some time without violating any of God's law at the moment, there wouldn't have been problem. The issue is the tendency to abuse it is always there. U can hardly stay in d midst of alcoholics without hearing or seeing stupid things u hate said or done. Personally, I don't buy anyone or accept it from anyone to avoid being unequally yoked and being tripped in my walk wt my maker. I must admit however that I occasionally take just a bottle of small stout and that'll be all even if I have a million naira in my pocket. Discipline is key and seeing humans are destitute of it, I remain a teetotaller to everyone except my wife who knows me too well.
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by solidman59(m): 2:33pm On Apr 17, 2016
The wine of yesterday is still the wine of today and it's alcohol
parisbookaddict:

Lol.. Psuedo-Christians often misinterpret the bible.

Jesus himself drank wine (even the Jews criticized him for it) and he shared wine during the last supper. And do not start saying its non-alcoholic because that would be a baseless assumption.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with wine / alcohol.
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by kingsley1996(m): 2:38pm On Apr 17, 2016
If our body is truly the temple of God, we will not do any thing to defile it. No one found guilty of any sin shall make it heaven.
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by joey150(m): 2:48pm On Apr 17, 2016
rawgame:
. Please get out of my mentions.
am happy to do that, once you learn and stop spreading false knowledge.
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by YelloweWest: 2:49pm On Apr 17, 2016
bolaji3071:

Father, please in your mercy comfort this family in
this time of loss. It is always so hard to understand
when one is called home so young and that pain of
the loss is so very great. Father...draw them near to
you and minister to them.. I pray that all are saved
and that they know therefore they will see her again
in heaven. Father...while we know they must grieve, I pray that your presence and your love will be felt by this family to help to get them through it and that in time their love for her and theirs for them will be a joy to recall. In Jesus name...Amen!
Amen. Thanks and God bless
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by YelloweWest: 2:50pm On Apr 17, 2016
Niyinficient:

Am sorry abt urloss!

BT wait a min! Shud u b here on nairaland viewing and commenting on a thread?
Just an escapist measure...
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by joey150(m): 2:52pm On Apr 17, 2016
winner01:
Did you mean the numerous threads about the misdeeds of pastors.
that is also part of it. Am talking of the fact that they turn thr bible to favour whatever situation or scenario. One was telling me one day, drinking is a sin so why dont you put that money for drinks with friends as offering and challeneg God.. Just imagine talk.
All in a quest to make the pastor happier and maybe buy a bigger car. At my own expense? Thinking i cant read and understand whats in the bible.
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by YelloweWest: 2:52pm On Apr 17, 2016
ClinicalHope:
Heavenly Father please heal her pain and comfort her family. Ma I believe God will keep you, hold you with his hand of love and never let you Go... please be strong and don't lose faith in God.
Amen thanks

1 Like

Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by Theophinio(m): 3:06pm On Apr 17, 2016
YelloweWest:
For every genuine bible believing Christian out there pls say a word of prayer for my family we just lost our baby girl yesterday...
I'm a grieving mother. The pain is so real and crushing. I'm going out of my mind. I don't know what to do....
Divine comfort from above is upon your family
IN THE NAME OF JESUS

1 Like

Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by dcncorneils: 3:06pm On Apr 17, 2016
YelloweWest:
For every genuine bible believing Christian out there pls say a word of prayer for my family we just lost our baby girl yesterday...
I'm a grieving mother. The pain is so real and crushing. I'm going out of my mind. I don't know what to do....
may d LORD dats rich in grace console u n give u d fortitude to bear d irreparable lost

1 Like

Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by ClinicalHope(f): 3:08pm On Apr 17, 2016
YelloweWest:

Amen thanks
you are welcome.
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by rawgame(m): 3:10pm On Apr 17, 2016
joey150:
am happy to do that, once you learn and stop spreading false knowledge.
I have asked you to leave me alone but you refuse. Well, I know you. U are the king of Tyre. If I start with you now, you will be wondering if this is 1943 but that will not suffice. Well, wait till Armageddon war when you will finally be defeated.
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by Theophinio(m): 3:22pm On Apr 17, 2016
Well Op
Alcohol has a way to lure you to it. Some folks tries to take a little measure that won't intoxicate them, but end up being intoxicated.
Why do you want to engage in something you have little or no control of.
Bearing in mind that a drunkard cannot inherit God's kingdom
#PEACE

1 Like

Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by bedspread: 3:33pm On Apr 17, 2016
YES! ESPECIALLY WEN IT IS DONE KNOWINGLY
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by Irreplaceable48(f): 3:35pm On Apr 17, 2016
preacherz:

Do U blv dat in a marriage ceremony where Elders aren't found wanting, that the term"wine" would rather mean a non alcoholic drink
why not? Nt every1 drinks
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by HITTED(m): 3:39pm On Apr 17, 2016
Not at all tongue
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Apr 17, 2016
theoptimist298:
It can't stop u from going to heaven bro. Alchohol sweet me embarassed
Hi saw the mail notification on my page, unfortunately I can't view PMs. wosup?
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by YelloweWest: 4:09pm On Apr 17, 2016
dcncorneils:
may d LORD dats rich in grace console u n give u d fortitude to bear d irreparable lost
Amen. Thanks
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by YelloweWest: 4:10pm On Apr 17, 2016
Theophinio:

Divine comfort from above is upon your family
IN THE NAME OF JESUS
Amen. Thanks
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by joey150(m): 4:42pm On Apr 17, 2016
rawgame:
I have asked you to leave me alone but you refuse. Well, I know you. U are the king of Tyre. If I start with you now, you will be wondering if this is 1943 but that will not suffice. Well, wait till Armageddon war when you will finally be defeated.
what are you saying? Its a rhetorical question..dont border answering. 1943? King of tyre? Armageddon war?

Oh lord! Am lost. Are you sure you are not high or drunk? Dont answer either grin
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by Alani86: 5:15pm On Apr 17, 2016
parisbookaddict:

No it is not a sin. I challenge anyone who says other wise to Cite a bible verse saying its a sin. Don't forget that the first miracle of Christ was turning water to wine. There are also health benefits to drinking wine in moderation. Getting drunk tho is shameful and condemned in the bible.

No. But it condemns drunkenness as it condemns gluttony, sloth, greed etc

If it did Christ would have mentioned it.

Hope this helps. Dude if u can't drink without getting drunk then for sanity sake don't drink.

Invariably, you are simply telling others (and maybe yourself inclusive), who can "manage"/"control" themselves after some bottles to continue; it is not a sin?! The truth is, you don't even have to tell a genuine born again (spirit-filled) before he/she will stop. The bible says the Holy Spirit will teach us all things. God searches the heart and judges the reason(s) for our actions. The question is; "why are you taking alcohol/beer? Or "why must you take alcohol/beer"?
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by Praktikals(m): 6:07pm On Apr 17, 2016
YelloweWest:
May the good lord comfort you and may you never experience such again IJN

1 Like

Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by Praktikals(m): 6:15pm On Apr 17, 2016
SPG4U:
[size=20pt]i only drink non alcoholic alcohol [/size]
gringringringrin gringringringrin
gringringrin gringringrin
gringrin gringrin
grin grin
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by YelloweWest: 6:20pm On Apr 17, 2016
Praktikals:

May the good lord comfort you and may you never experience such again IJN
Thanks my brother, amen

1 Like

Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by Rimamsirufun(m): 6:31pm On Apr 17, 2016
LIBERTY1980:
Alot and much have been said about alcohol, my question is, do you guyz think that, drinking alcohol is a sin?
Does bible forbid a christian from drinking beer,strong drink, alcohol,
Can drinking alcohol stop a believer from making it to heaven at last?
Your contribution can be of help to someone.

Galatians 5:21 Envyings, murders, DRUNKENNESS, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Reasons You Must Tithe! / Bishop Oyedepo Honors Wife, Says She Hasn't Stressed Him In 32 Years / Maiduguri Sunday Explosions, Routine Equipment Testing – Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.