Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? (19352 Views)

Zimbabwean Pastor, Tito, Arrested For Selling Tickets To Heaven For $500 Each / Born Again Lady, Sylvia Eguonor, Shares Before & After Photos / Are Muslims Going To Heaven? - Daddy Freeze Gives An Answer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by HomoDroid(m): 6:58pm On Apr 17, 2016
A truly born-again Christian can not commit sin! He is simply above The Law. The only law he has to obey is the leading of The Holy Spirit.

Under the New Testament, the only sin is failure to do what you know is the right thing. When this happens and the Holy Spirit convinces you, you must repent immediately and sick forgiveness and find a way to make restitution for whatever evil emanated from your disobedience.

This is the summary of the New Creation called a Born-Again Christian!
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Apr 17, 2016
you have spoken the word. God bless you.
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by hop4best: 7:16pm On Apr 17, 2016
My dear stop fooling urself, if u re waiting till u get to heaven before u know the truth. Do u think u can make it with ur alcohol? heaven is not a place of confusion or settlement is better u know the truth now before is too late.
1) no alcohol drinker will make heaven Gal 5:21, l Cor 6:10 becos
You a king and priest of God Rev 1:5-6, a king must not drink wine Prov 31:4-6
2) talking about Jesus turn water to wine. In olden days nothing like alcoho ho they only have grapefruit for wine - you can ask elders but becos now knowledge has increased they began to use different things for wine including chemicals.
3) God want u to fill with Holy Spirit not alcoho, as ur soul is important to God so also ur body becos is a temple of God. U re defiling it with alcohol.

1 Like

Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by duscollins: 7:20pm On Apr 17, 2016
[color=#990000][/color]
Peritus:
Bible does not condemn taking of alcohol, but condemns and forbids drunkenness.
To your question, yes, it can lead one to hell. If you walk in the spirit, you will discover that alcoholism fights against the spirit because it makes the mind volatile and weakens the body, thereby making it susceptible to sin. You have to avoid, not only sins but circumstances that lead to it.
Proverb 14:12 says that there are ways that seem right but the end is destruction. 1Cor 10:23 says, all thing are lawful for me but not all things are expedient: all things are lawful for me but all things edify not.
The question is: are you at you best behaviour and well positioned to worship God truly in spirit when you take alcohol?
The sole reason one can take one bottle, then add another and another is simply to get high. That getting high is where the problem lies.
Don't get me wrong, you have not committed any sin just by tasting/taking alcohol.
I stopped drinking beer, not because of sin, but because my spirit repulsed it while my body yearned for it.
God bless you. U are a teacher of the gospel indeed.

1 Like

Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by baxton25(m): 7:22pm On Apr 17, 2016
Remember jess turned water into whine not alcohol the only time when that whine can become alcohol is when it has been fermented moreover alcohol is extremely dangerous because it doesn't go through the stomach but through the veins(very bad) and God would never allow anything bad anything that is gonna destroy his temple(our body yea cos our body is the temple of God) to enter his Kingdom so my brother anyone taking alcohol will never see the kingdom of God except they repent
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Apr 17, 2016
YelloweWest:

I understand you bro. But the moment I put my phone down I loose control of myself.
This is just an escapist for me... I have no one to talk to and I'm inconsolable
A times talking to a stranger seems like the only comfort
I really don't know what to do

I know what it feels like losing a love one....
Sorry about your loss once more.....
I'm grieving with you....
may the lord comfort you in this awful moment....

Don't beat yourself too hard..
everything in this life is temporary, so is life itself.

my condolence..

1 Like

Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by PastorOla1: 8:16pm On Apr 17, 2016
Amberon11:
you've said it all. there's no Need for further conflicting comments.
::CAN A MAN GET DRUNK WITHOUT DRINKING. THE BEST WAY TO SOLVE A PROBLEM IS NOT TO START ONE.
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by MrImole: 8:57pm On Apr 17, 2016
YelloweWest:
For every genuine bible believing Christian out there pls say a word of prayer for my family we just lost our baby girl yesterday...
I'm a grieving mother. The pain is so real and crushing. I'm going out of my mind. I don't know what to do....
Thank you Lord because you always hear and answer me.

May you never experience this in your life, your children will live and manifest the Glory of the Lord.

Inner peace I ask for this family in the mighty name of Jesus.

SHALLOM
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by YelloweWest: 9:11pm On Apr 17, 2016
MrImole:

Thank you Lord because you always hear and answer me.

May you never experience this in your life, your children will live and manifest the Glory of the Lord.

Inner peace I ask for this family in the mighty name of Jesus.

SHALLOM
Amen. God bless you bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by gemale(m): 9:44pm On Apr 17, 2016
Peritus:

The question is: how can you measure drunkenness? Is it when one has lost his sanity and is staggering and vomiting around?
Taking of alcohol is discouraged if there is no good cause you intend to achieve through it.
Once you take a bottle+ you may retain a firm mind, but not a firm will. You will know what you are doing but not what is doing you. People who struggle to avoid certain sin (especially the sex related ones) usually fall back to it once they drink because of lack firm control that follows such.
Only if we can "de-categorize" our actions from sin and no sin to whether it pleases the Spirit of God in us/glorify God. Only if we can worry more about what the Spirit desires than what our flesh lusts for. Then, we may understand Proverb 14:12 and worship Him in truth and in SPIRIT.
Did Jesus discourage it (alcohol intake)? If yes, y did He use it 2 signify His blood during d last supper? y wld a person take more dan 1 bottle if he doesnt want 2 get drunk? I
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by gemale(m): 9:48pm On Apr 17, 2016
Peritus:

The question is: how can you measure drunkenness? Is it when one has lost his sanity and is staggering and vomiting around?
Taking of alcohol is discouraged if there is no good cause you intend to achieve through it.
Once you take a bottle+ you may retain a firm mind, but not a firm will. You will know what you are doing but not what is doing you. People who struggle to avoid certain sin (especially the sex related ones) usually fall back to it once they drink because of lack firm control that follows such.
Only if we can "de-categorize" our actions from sin and no sin to whether it pleases the Spirit of God in us/glorify God. Only if we can worry more about what the Spirit desires than what our flesh lusts for. Then, we may understand Proverb 14:12 and worship Him in truth and in SPIRIT.
Did Jesus discourage it (alcohol intake)? If yes, y did He use it 2 signify His blood during d last supper? y wld a person take more dan 1 bottle if he doesnt want 2 get drunk? If 1 cant control 1self in anything, d person needs 2 stop dt habit altogether. However, it is foolish 2 blame d substance or activity 4 d person's lack of control. Hence, d individual who gets drunk is 2 b blamed 4 drunkenness nt alcohol
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by gemale(m): 9:50pm On Apr 17, 2016
PastorOla1:

::CAN A MAN GET DRUNK WITHOUT DRINKING. THE BEST WAY TO SOLVE A PROBLEM IS NOT TO START ONE.
So therefore, 1 shld stop eating 2 avoid d sin of gluttony.
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by Amberon11: 11:36pm On Apr 17, 2016
drinking is a No No. I have never and will never sanction it.
PastorOla1:

Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by Pque(m): 12:05am On Apr 18, 2016
Peritus:
To your question, yes, it can lead one to hell. If you walk in the spirit, you will discover that alcoholism fights against the spirit because it makes the mind volatile and weakens the body, thereby making it susceptible to sin. You have to avoid, not only sins but circumstances that lead to it.
Proverb 14:12 says that there are ways that seem right but the end is destruction. 1Cor 10:23 says, all thing are lawful for me but not all things are expedient: all things are lawful for me but all things edify not.
The question is: are you at you best behaviour and well positioned to worship God truly in spirit when you take alcohol?
The sole reason one can take one bottle, then add another and another is simply to get high. That getting high is where the problem lies.
Don't get me wrong, you have not committed any sin just by tasting/taking alcohol.
I stopped drinking beer, not because of sin, but because my spirit repulsed it while my body yearned for it.

so, if u take two bottles of beer in a whole month, it still works against d spirit right? My answer is, just avoid drunkeness.

Why are u contradicting urself? U said bible does nt condemn alcohol but it can take u to hell. Sin takes one to hell nd u said alcohol is nt a sin but alcohol can take one to hell.

My candid answer: Drunkeness takes one to hell bt moderation does nt. Some catholic Fathers are fond of beer, like everyday water.

Once this year, I took a bottle of beer, shortly after taking it, I was bitten by a rabies invested dog. I took d normal rabies vaccine injection bt my brain had already been infected. After d required dose of injection, I turned to herbal drinks sellers who gave me different kinds of concortions. B4 I had this challenge earlier this year, I was fortunate to come across a book by T.L. Osborn last year titled "Healing d Sick", what saw me through d challenge of that time were d secrets I discoverd from that book, if not, I'am supposed to b 6ft under d ground by now. D dog that bit me died d sunday I took holy communion whereas an herbal trader told me she will do something 4 me wit d blood that comes out from d point of bite and I must give it to d same dog that bit me, she said d dog will die but nothing will happen to me again. I knew given d giant dog dat preaparation in my client's house without d knowledge of anyone will b a problem 4 me, so I ruled it out of d options available 4 me. 3 days later after taking d communion, a colleague told me; " d dog that bit u nd got u paralysed nd sick 4 over a month is dead ", I asked him when does d dog died nd he said, sunday! I don't know what happend but I thank God I'am still alive nd kinky. Every destiny killers over my matter must fail and die instead of me to kick bucket b4 I shine to God's glory. The 3 fingers of God with d middle finger longer than d rest, on my fore head for seconds, at midnight healed me from certain head pain last year. I was nt expecting any other challenge wit my head or brain nt until I took a bottle dis year and I was suddenly attacked by a chained dog I was nt seeing until I trespassed into it's territory because it was dark. I do nt believe that it was d bottle I took that got me into trouble but what I must experience at d time, I must experience. This deadly and short experience increased my faith in Jesus name and expose me to d specialness of Jesus name.

If u drink in moderation, ur consciousness and soberness will nt be taken away and neither will ur faith disappear. If u think my tenses or grammar is wrong, go and hug transformer. Who ur grammar don epp?

Though I still feels disturbance in my head from d intruded rabies virus therin but d pain i would have suffered had been greatly minimised by every actions I took which had weakened d power of d virus nd rendered it to just a toothless bulldog. I knew d best is around though.
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by dandolar: 1:45am On Apr 18, 2016
The way and manner some self acclaimed Christian Brothers and Sister interprets the Bible is quit annoying. This are some of the reasons some people don't like going to Church because of this judgemental attitude of most Christians.

Where is it written in the bible that the intake of Alcohol is sin? The same bible that condemns drunkenness also condemns gluttony yet as a Christian you taste food which can possibly lead to gluttony just the same way drinking alcohol can lead to drunkenness. And you say drinking is sin and eaten is holy.

Well for me I drink bear when I feel like drinking, It helps me get a good night sleep when I have difficulty sleeping, Instead of taking Aspin I'll rather pop a bottle of bear.

Only GOD knows those who truly serve HIM. GOD also rejects and accepts worship. So no body should think in his or her mind that their worship is more acceptable to GOD than that of the next man.
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by Mydazz(m): 5:52am On Apr 18, 2016
Peritus:

Most beautiful answer I've ever got on this question
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by Mydazz(m): 5:52am On Apr 18, 2016
Peritus:

Most beautiful answer I've ever got on this question, Thanks
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by drealdoc89(m): 10:52am On Apr 18, 2016
Peritus:
Your response was so timely and rich.
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by alphyberry: 6:48pm On Apr 18, 2016
Peritus:

It is wrong to see alcohol as sin in a bottle. I gave example of somebody whom the doctor told to be taking a glass of wine daily for his heart. Some extremists would cast and bind. A sister was advised to take a shot of shnapp to induce breast milk.
Some have taught that alcohol is a spiritual poison, forgetting that it could save life. The same way some people came off against blood transfusion, wearing foot wears etc.
The underlining factors are: small quantity and good cause. Both go together.
Gud point.....motif & intention matters alot. Hrd red wine is gud 4 d heart bt ppl abuse it
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by Henycymama(f): 7:20pm On Apr 18, 2016
rawgame:
1 corinthians 6:10. ...drunkards shall not inherit God's kingdom. You can read both verses 9 and 10
that's if u drink it excessively and you eventually got to the peak of Gtin high
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by wirinet(m): 10:40pm On Apr 18, 2016
PastorOla1:

Can a man get gluttonous without eating? The best way to solve this problem is to avoid eating.
Can a man get diabetic without eating sugar? The best way to solve this problem is to avoid sugar.
Can a man get addicted without drinking coffee, tea or even coca cola? The best way to solve these addictions is to avoid them.

So if you want to go to heaven as a Christian, just kill yourself and you will not be liable for any sin.
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by Gigihealth: 6:58pm On Aug 04, 2016
Alcohol use disorder which also involves a level that's sometimes called alcoholism. This is a pattern of alcohol use involving problems in controlling your drinking, always preoccupied with alcohol, continuing to use it even when it brings problems, drinking more to get the same effect, and also having withdrawal symptoms when you rapidly decrease or stop drinking. Click on the link below to know more.
http://www.gigihealth.com/alcohol-use-disorder-causes-treatment/
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by gynny(f): 6:59pm On Aug 04, 2016
Alcohol use disorder which also involves a level that's sometimes called alcoholism. This is a pattern of alcohol use involving problems in controlling your drinking, always preoccupied with alcohol, continuing to use it even when it brings problems, drinking more to get the same effect, and also having withdrawal symptoms when you rapidly decrease or stop drinking. Click on the link below to know more.
http://www.gigihealth.com/alcohol-use-disorder-causes-treatment/
Re: Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? by antispexish(m): 11:39am On Aug 05, 2016
deut 14 :22-27(tithing and alcohol for the isrealites)
22 “You must set aside a tithe of your crops—one-tenth of all the crops you harvest each year. 23 Bring this tithe to the designated place of worship—the place the LORD your God chooses for his name to be honored—and eat it there in his presence. This applies to your tithes of grain, new wine, olive oil, and the firstborn males of your flocks and herds. Doing this will teach you always to fear the LORD your God.
24 “Now when the LORD your God blesses you with a good harvest, the place of worship he chooses for his name to be honored might be too far for you to bring the tithe. 25 If so, you may sell the tithe portion of your crops and herds, put the money in a pouch, and go to the place the LORD your God has chosen. 26 When you arrive, you may use the money to buy any kind of food you want—cattle, sheep, goats, wine, or other alcoholic drink. Then feast there in the presence of the LORD your God and celebrate with your household. 27 And do not neglect the Levites in your town, for they will receive no allotment of land among you.

even the law state say dem fit use tithe money buy alcohol. pastor can I use my tithe to buy alcohol?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bishop Wale Oke: How I Rejected $25 Million Loan Offer By Obeying God / Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? / Tom Kolawole Samson Graduates From University Of Essex, UK (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.