Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,145 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

Hot Topics- Everyday Woman (women Come And Talk About Your Deepest Fears) - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Hot Topics- Everyday Woman (women Come And Talk About Your Deepest Fears) (10733 Views)

"I Beat My Wife Everyday, Yet We Are The Best Couple On Earth" – Pastor Jackson / Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos / What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hot Topics- Everyday Woman (women Come And Talk About Your Deepest Fears) by mrphysics(m): 7:27pm On Dec 07, 2017
U1:

I have sent you a message request, sir. Thanks.
Received. Will send tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Hot Topics- Everyday Woman (women Come And Talk About Your Deepest Fears) by Tinalex(f): 11:13pm On Dec 07, 2017
Omaa1:

Why don't you talk to him about it. Sex is a huge part of marriage that one shouldn't ignore.

Do you guys talk about sex?
I guess you don't. It ain't too late to start talking about it.
You can get this book marriage music or sheet music by Kelvin Leman, the both of you need to read it.
Thanks a lot...will give it a try
Re: Hot Topics- Everyday Woman (women Come And Talk About Your Deepest Fears) by Harmonyemerald(f): 5:08am On Dec 08, 2017
kristen12:
Marriage pressure is very very real and crazy especially when your parents are not understanding. I never thought it will get to me at all.

My relationship of 5 years got broken because the guy wanted someone from another tribe and it's like I'm starting from the beginning again. Nobody is coming at all.

The one I'm with right now isn't really ready for it cos of money and some other issues and my parents aren't even trying to understand. I've not gotten a job yet and there's no money to start a business and they're talking about marriage.

It's frustrating, wish I could run away and start my life quietly somewhere else.

Hehehehhehe mine is sometimes praying that I wake up with amnesia in a far away place n start over
Re: Hot Topics- Everyday Woman (women Come And Talk About Your Deepest Fears) by crackhaus: 11:27pm On Dec 13, 2017
Lavendra:
well... I think I should comment. I feel cursed, any relationship I enter doesn't last I end up getting hurt, I try as much as possible to avoid guyd, but of seems like every guy I have in my life have either asked me out or is still trying his luck, I'm trying to say there are just too many guys around but I no longer have the heart to love because of my emotional scars, the pain is too much, I don't think I plan to get married, my parents should please forgive me if I don't. Now I barely have friends, I'm scared of being close to anyone, I'm scared of talking to anyone about my deepest fears, I cut myself off from pipz around me because I'm scared of being hurt most people think I'm weird, no guy wants a wife who loves living with dogs, cats, birds, animals in general, no guy wants a wife who likes driving a bike around town or a wife who is in love with driving speed boats or swimming in rivers but these are the things that makes me happy, dogs, agriculture, swimming, adventure its just part of me, it doesn't make me a bad person. I accept whatever fate awaits me in life after all we won't live forever. my last relationship taught me a really big lesson...
Correct this thinking.

2 Likes

Re: Hot Topics- Everyday Woman (women Come And Talk About Your Deepest Fears) by chii8(f): 8:34pm On Dec 14, 2017
What
Re: Hot Topics- Everyday Woman (women Come And Talk About Your Deepest Fears) by Harmonyemerald(f): 8:08am On Jul 10, 2018
Hello people.... good morning.... longest time. How is everyone doing..it's been long.... Today's topic will be short... it's about the "alpha female". I work in a place filled with young people of both sexes and it takes guts and some level of confidence to call the shots... we thrive on confidence hence most of the ladies there are seen as Alpha female.... and for some men that is a turn off to me... "it's hard to date an alpha female... she wi'll be the boss and the man in the relationship" they say.

Ladies are you an alpha female, confident, strong personality , fearless and strongly opinionated, a go getter, independent.... How do you make your relationship work so that your man doesn't feel less of a man.. what kind of guy is well situated for an alpha female and how do you make it work.

Guys in the house... what is your take on dating an alpha female... what are the things she does that shakes your ego and how do you make it work?

The floor is open......... lets share our thoughts
Re: Hot Topics- Everyday Woman (women Come And Talk About Your Deepest Fears) by Harmonyemerald(f): 8:27am On Jul 10, 2018
Re: Hot Topics- Everyday Woman (women Come And Talk About Your Deepest Fears) by Harmonyemerald(f): 8:27am On Jul 10, 2018
mrphysics:

Lol. Kindly PM me. I will send you a book I personally wrote on fiverr. With practicable steps, it has helped people get started comfortably on fiverr.
Note: I DON'T SELL IT. I

Mrphysics, I want to start writing on fiverr for extra income. Any pointers? Please
Re: Hot Topics- Everyday Woman (women Come And Talk About Your Deepest Fears) by bukatyne(f): 8:30am On Jul 10, 2018
Harmonyemerald:
Hello people.... good morning.... longest time. How is everyone doing..it's been long.... Today's topic will be short... it's about the "alpha female". I work in a place filled with young people of both sexes and it takes guts and some level of confidence to call the shots... we thrive on confidence hence most of the ladies there are seen as Alpha female.... and for some men that is a turn off to me... "it's hard to date an alpha female... she wi'll be the boss and the man in the relationship" they say.

Ladies are you an alpha female, confident, strong personality , fearless and strongly opinionated, a go getter, independent.... How do you make your relationship work so that your man doesn't feel less of a man.. what kind of guy is well situated for an alpha female and how do you make it work.

Guys in the house... what is your take on dating an alpha female... what are the things she does that shakes your ego and how do you make it work?

Happy new year.

What is your definition of an 'Alpha female' with examples.
Re: Hot Topics- Everyday Woman (women Come And Talk About Your Deepest Fears) by bukatyne(f): 8:31am On Jul 10, 2018
Omaa1:
Bukatyne, U1, and Barristter07!

Thanks so much, your input means a lot to me.

Once more thanks and God bless

You are welcome.

Happy new year.

How are things now?
Re: Hot Topics- Everyday Woman (women Come And Talk About Your Deepest Fears) by Harmonyemerald(f): 8:49am On Jul 10, 2018
bukatyne:

Happy new year.

What is your definition of an 'Alpha female' with examples.

Alpha female has some attributes of a man.... she is usually the glue that holds her friends together.. tge central hub of her friends when she is not there , a vacuum is created... people sometimes thinks she is manipulative.
She stands for what she believes in.... people think she is bossy.

She is very confident and they think her arrogant

She is resilient

She is loyal to the core

She derives joy in extreme self dignity and respect... she doesn't compromise her basic principles

She has a strong personality

Risk takers, always the top of whatever they set their mind to do cos they are strongly determined and never quits.

The female leader

Not scared of being alone.

Etc..... Google has a million other characteristics
Re: Hot Topics- Everyday Woman (women Come And Talk About Your Deepest Fears) by bukatyne(f): 8:57am On Jul 10, 2018
Harmonyemerald:

Alpha female has some attributes of a man.... she is usually the glue that holds her friends together.. tge central hub of her friends when she is not there , a vacuum is created... people sometimes thinks she is manipulative.
She stands for what she believes in.... people think she is bossy.

She is very confident and they think her arrogant

She is resilient

She is loyal to the core

She derives joy in extreme self dignity and respect... she doesn't compromise her basic principles

She has a strong personality

Risk takers, always the top of whatever they set their mind to do cos they are strongly determined and never quits.

The female leader

Not scared of being alone.

Etc..... Google has a million other characteristics

I am not talking of 'Google definition'. I am asking what made you call lady A an alpha female.

And I do not understand 'the attributes of a man' thingy.

Are there different attributes for men & women?
Re: Hot Topics- Everyday Woman (women Come And Talk About Your Deepest Fears) by mrphysics(m): 9:18am On Jul 10, 2018
Harmonyemerald:

Mrphysics, I want to start writing on fiverr for extra income. Any pointers? Please
Yeah, I think this is the best time to start. But you have to move in with strategy because the competition is high. It's still paying

Re: Hot Topics- Everyday Woman (women Come And Talk About Your Deepest Fears) by crackhaus: 9:31am On Jul 10, 2018
Harmonyemerald:

I like the alpha female.

I will be the house-husband and take good care of the home while she goes out to make all the cheddar. I will also be expecting my monthly upkeep and maintenance money plus annual vacation. Enjoyment galore...

I can't be with an alpha-female who will want to be bossing me around, having her way and being in control...then still want to be eating my money on top.
Is she mad?

3 Likes

Re: Hot Topics- Everyday Woman (women Come And Talk About Your Deepest Fears) by bukatyne(f): 9:35am On Jul 10, 2018
crackhaus:

I like the alpha female.

I will be the house-husband and take good care of the home while she goes out to make all the cheddar. I will also be expecting my monthly upkeep and maintenance money plus annual vacation. Enjoyment galore...

I can't be with an alpha-female who will want to be bossing me around, having her way and being in control...then still want to be eating my money on top.
Is she mad?

I know this is sarcasm however, do you think the bold is ok once the person drops the cheddar?

Do you think it is ok for the husband to be like that because he provides financially?

What happens when the wife also earns, out earns or is the sole earner?
Re: Hot Topics- Everyday Woman (women Come And Talk About Your Deepest Fears) by crackhaus: 10:38am On Jul 10, 2018
bukatyne:

I know this is sarcasm however, do you think the bold is ok once the person drops the cheddar?

Do you think it is ok for the husband to be like that because he provides financially?

What happens when the wife also earns, out earns or is the sole earner?
If the man is the one dropping all the cheddar, then he is boss. And by this I don't mean that when he says "lick my anûs", the woman will say "yes sir and get on her knees".
Being the boss does not mean ABSOLUTE power.

When the wife also earns and contributes significantly, then it is sensible for a man to also let her make some decisions or better still be a critical part of what should go and what shouldn't.
Talking about who earns more is trivial and quite frankly not a prerequisite for balancing power. As long as both partners are contributing financially in proportion to their earning power, then they're equal partners through and through.

If the wife is the sole earner, and by sole earning I mean the man is bringing in NOTHING, then she is the BOSS.
Me I like this arrangement, as long as my financial needs are met and my account is funded steadily, I will do house-husband duties effectively.. grin
Unfortunately, NO WOMAN likes to be this kind of boss because y'all can't handle it.

An alpha-female must be an alpha-female all round, just like alpha-males.

1 Like

Re: Hot Topics- Everyday Woman (women Come And Talk About Your Deepest Fears) by Harmonyemerald(f): 1:18pm On Jul 10, 2018
mrphysics:

Yeah, I think this is the best time to start. But you have to move in with strategy because the competition is high. It's still paying

I will pm you cos I need pointers my brother
Re: Hot Topics- Everyday Woman (women Come And Talk About Your Deepest Fears) by TheExclusive: 10:48pm On Jul 10, 2018
Harmonyemerald:

My take: Alpha female ends once we are married. Decision making in my family should be by mutual consent and understanding of myself and my wife no matter who earns more.

Thou it wont be easy, we may have to consciously imbibe it in our lifes and way of thinking.

1 Like

Re: Hot Topics- Everyday Woman (women Come And Talk About Your Deepest Fears) by Harmonyemerald(f): 11:43pm On Jul 10, 2018
TheExclusive:

My take: Alpha female ends once we are married. Decision making in my family should be by mutual consent and understanding of myself and my wife no matter who earns more.

Thou it wont be easy, we may have to consciously imbibe it in our lifes and way of thinking.

That I can agree with you..
Re: Hot Topics- Everyday Woman (women Come And Talk About Your Deepest Fears) by Omaa1(f): 7:50pm On Aug 23, 2018
bukatyne:

You are welcome.

Happy new year.

How are things now?

Sorry for the late response.
Things are gradually falling in place, not there yet but God is been faithful, learning to worry less

1 Like

Re: Hot Topics- Everyday Woman (women Come And Talk About Your Deepest Fears) by Harmonyemerald(f): 7:13am On Oct 15, 2018
Good morning folks

How are you all doing.

Something I want to bring to the house is about emotional cheating, how it starts, how it can be managed and what's wrong with it

Emotional cheating often describes a bond between two people that mimics the closeness and emotional intimacy of a romantic relationship while never being physically consummated. An emotional affair is sometimes referred to as an affair of the heart. An emotional affair may emerge from a friendship, and progress toward greater levels of personal intimacy and attachment. What distinguishes an emotional affair from a friendship is the assumption of emotional roles between the two participants that mimic of those of an actual relationship - with regards to confiding personal information and turning to the other person during moments of vulnerability or need.

The intimacy between the people involved usually stems from a friendship with confidence to tell each other intimate aspects of themselves, their relationships, or even subjects they wouldn't talk with their partners. While not physical, this relationship can quickly pass that barrier, and while the first physical contact can take a long time to happen (e.g. a kiss), what follows next is usually followed quickly due to the such high levels of intimacy already existent between the two.

Am of the opinion that this is wrong because the only thing preventing the physical intimacy from where am standing is distance

So my question to the house is how do one prevent themselves from an emotional affair.

Who is currently in one now? For starters I think I am in one

How can one permanently get out of this.... I have tried blocking all forms of contact yet after some months that force clouds by better judgement

Please let's discuss... this is a safe place
Re: Hot Topics- Everyday Woman (women Come And Talk About Your Deepest Fears) by revolt(m): 8:55am On Oct 15, 2018
Harmonyemerald:

the alpha female begs to be married then starts running shoulder sith the man. After some months or years will just keep suffering emmotionally and lack of care( no man will show cate yo an alpha female) in her home till she starts banging outside n her husband finds a side chic who may eventually become main wife . Then she loses the marriage and has custody of the kids. Life goes on.
Re: Hot Topics- Everyday Woman (women Come And Talk About Your Deepest Fears) by Harmonyemerald(f): 9:09am On Jun 22, 2019
Hello Fam,
Longest time. How have we all been doing?

Today’s discuss would be “inter-racial relationship”

Recently I have been seeing a lot of inter-racial relationship turn to happy marriages and it’s been giving me something to think about.
How does it work? Inter-tribal seems like a lot of work already to even think of inter-racial

Would you date one if you happen to see one that you have a connection with bearing in mind that you guys are different in even the little things.... choice of food, drinks, music, culture, idea, everything.

For people dating, how is it working out.... maybe that would be the nudge I need to step out of my comfort zone of Nigerian men.
Re: Hot Topics- Everyday Woman (women Come And Talk About Your Deepest Fears) by bukatyne(f): 9:36am On Jun 22, 2019
kristen12:

Because he's not coming out to say anything about marriage plus it's a long distance thing and she doesn't really believe in it.

Sorry just stumbled on this.

How are you doing?
Re: Hot Topics- Everyday Woman (women Come And Talk About Your Deepest Fears) by bukatyne(f): 9:38am On Jun 22, 2019
Harmonyemerald:
Hello Fam,

Recently I have been seeing a lot of inter-racial relationship turn to happy marriages and it’s been giving me something to think about.
How does it work? Inter-tribal seems like a lot of work already to even think of inter-racial

Would you date one if you happen to see one that you have a connection with bearing in mind that you guys are different in even the little things.... choice of food, drinks, music, culture, idea, everything.

For people dating, how is it working out.... maybe that would be the nudge I need to step out of my comfort zone of Nigerian men.

I think opened minded interracial would work better than intertribal in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Hot Topics- Everyday Woman (women Come And Talk About Your Deepest Fears) by Harmonyemerald(f): 10:06am On Jun 22, 2019
bukatyne:

I think opened minded interracial would work better than intertribal in Nigeria.

Really? I just think if same open mind is applied to inter-tribal it might also work

Never really done any though but I don’t wanna object to it if it happens
Re: Hot Topics- Everyday Woman (women Come And Talk About Your Deepest Fears) by bukatyne(f): 10:09am On Jun 22, 2019
Harmonyemerald:

Really? I just think if same open mind is applied to inter-tribal it might also work

Never really done any though but I don’t wanna object to it if it happens

We are too culturally inclined especially in marriages and intertribal marriage would mean wading a lot of waters.

Goodluck.
Re: Hot Topics- Everyday Woman (women Come And Talk About Your Deepest Fears) by LewsTherin: 10:40am On Jun 22, 2019
I have enough problems with people of my own tribe, of my own region, of my own race.

But then again, I am happily married so I guess it's really non of my business! grin

But in all honesty, I've never really cared where a person comes from. I care only what a person's character is. Other issues that come from culture can always be handled on a case by case basis as long as a person is of good character and has a spine. A spine strong enough to defend what they care for.

1 Like

Re: Hot Topics- Everyday Woman (women Come And Talk About Your Deepest Fears) by Harmonyemerald(f): 10:45am On Jun 22, 2019
bukatyne:

We are too culturally inclined especially in marriages and intertribal marriage would mean wading a lot of waters.

Goodluck.

I have to agree on the part of us being too culturally and I have to add spiritually inclined.... it’s annoying.why can’t we let our heart open and just feel without thinking
Re: Hot Topics- Everyday Woman (women Come And Talk About Your Deepest Fears) by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jun 22, 2019
Harmonyemerald:
Hello Fam,

I am very open to interracial relationships and marriages. I am working towards having one. I would advise our women, most especially, to give it a try if they see any opportunities. This is 2019. It is time to think outside the box and expand our dating options. Nigerian women should stop restricting themselves. Love knows no colour or race.

1 Like

Re: Hot Topics- Everyday Woman (women Come And Talk About Your Deepest Fears) by Harmonyemerald(f): 7:31am On Jun 23, 2019
Sophyrocks:

I am very open to interracial relationships and marriages. I am working towards having one. I would advise our women, most especially, to give it a try if they see any opportunities. This is 2019. It is time to think outside the box and expand our dating options. Nigerian women should stop restricting themselves. Love knows no colour or race.

Thank you. Are you currently in one? Any pointers on how to manage the numerous differences that are bound to come up
Re: Hot Topics- Everyday Woman (women Come And Talk About Your Deepest Fears) by Nobody: 10:07am On Jun 25, 2019
Harmonyemerald:

Thank you. Are you currently in one? Any pointers on how to manage the numerous differences that are bound to come up

For now, No. I am still reviewing my options.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Childless For 9 Years: Help! I'm Losing My Mind To Depression! / 14yr Old Stepdaughter Likes To Sleep In Our Bed / How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.