Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,802 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:33 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (909840 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (500) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by takeastep: 9:58am On Apr 27, 2016
Why are you doing this? This same question was answered on this thread not quite long. Take a breather and read back. Haba!

Stop suffocating this thread with repetitive questions. That's why its called a thread. If your question hasn't been answered before, then you are free to ask.

Please......

I will answer again. Hopefully for the last time.

Its not compulsory you travel on the same date your insurance commences. You can travel on a later date. Just ensure you travel before your visa/insurance expires.

abilitipaxino:
Hello house, pls for the insurance stuff ,must you travel exactly the same day u choose while doing the insurance or can u travel later than that day
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by BlessedSamson: 10:03am On Apr 27, 2016
abilitipaxino:
Hello house, pls for the insurance stuff ,must you travel exactly the same day u choose while doing the insurance or can u travel later than that day

have u got your visa mail?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Williamso(m): 10:27am On Apr 27, 2016
stanogb:
Am applying for MSC computer science. I have Bsc statistics, PgD computer science. I believe all qualifications I obtained are needed.
You believe. Are you sure? As far as I know, PGD is as irrelevant as naira notes as far as Germany is concerned (obviously I can't know it all; I may be wrong here). Two emails should be enough to save you time and maybe money: One to uniassist asking if it's necessary and another to the school asking same.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dprinz99(m): 11:31am On Apr 27, 2016
dolpaz:

Lolz. Well I learnt German up to A2 at Goethe Institute. Anyway, I could still better my sentence construction especially mit the "dass" keyword und It's usage.

Frankly speaking, a native german would understand by reading this but may find it hard to comprehend by listening. Why you could see some fault was because you learnt it in a german environment. It would have been the same if I enjoyed the same feat. But you know, from Goethe institute, the next noise behind you is "Obalende" 50 naira bus... enter with ya change oo grin

But with time, all go pure.

Bit William, you gats come do some write ups oo. At least we would like to hear your own side of the deutschland dream.

Deine Tapferkeit liebe ich.das muss ich natürlich loben.
Obwohl ihr Satzstellung nicht sehr gut IST.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dolpaz: 1:09pm On Apr 27, 2016
honourableseyi:

Oga, I am not here to argue with you. But what you were referring to as seal in your previous write up was out of it. I uploaded two photos to differentiate to you the difference between seal and stamp some schools or uniassist are demanding from us. Stamp is stamp and seal is seal. As for your lawyer friend, let him laugh till tomorrow all he wants, cause been a lawyer will not make uniassist or the schools wave their requirements and procedures. He might also be ignorant of the subject under discuss cause been a lawyer alone is not enough for you to know more than what people that offering their selfless service here have in their disposal; make he pocket him lawyer, i get them plenty. Shalom

Seyi, I will still re-iterate my prayer to you..
God bless you real good bro. I have never been wrong choosing you as my right hand man.. (no let your head dey swell grin). Maybe we go end up as Merkel lawyer, so we fit dey maga some pipu cheesy cheesy

But truth of the matter is this: Some pipu needs to go back to school to do some more learning (Most especially english language). Imagine someone had to consult a dictionary to convince us about seal/stamp. grin grin and them say na over sabi book dey worry us. Issokay. As for me, I dont need to consult the dictionary at least for issues like this, neither do I need to inform a charge and bail lawyer to educate me on what has been written everywhere on Uni-assist and some respective school's website

ogagaejay:

Na ova know book dey worry you
WOOD MOUNT RUBBER STAMPS are basic wood handle stamps that are used in conjunction with a stamp pad.
SELF-INKING RUBBER STAMPS are mechanical stampers which have their own internal stamp pad. Self-inkers are re-inkable and great for multiple stamping.

Oga, If english is your problem, that's none of my business but telling me na over sabi book dey worry me shows you are not "well-cultured". most times, you give out wrong information & advice and when we try correcting you, you take it down south. whereas, your case and duel with the German embassy is still fresh in our RAM memory. we wont bring that further cos its of no need. So bros, biko wise up and be mindful of your public conduct.

Aufwiedersehen !

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by LGDON: 1:10pm On Apr 27, 2016
Help

Am trying to do notary public in federal high court

Am surprised no one wants to help, they said they can only certified as true original with a stamp

But my school demand for a seal

A private notary is very expensive I don't have the fund for that.. 5 k per document
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ichommy(m): 1:22pm On Apr 27, 2016
LGDON:
Help

Am surprised no one wants to help, they said they can only certified as true original with a stamp

A private notary is very expensive I don't have the fund for that.. 5 k per document

Then visit the embassy. If your location is far to Lagos den send it to someone yo help you.

#Chikena

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Dam12: 1:26pm On Apr 27, 2016
Are u based in lagos? If yes u can go to high court ikeja or the one in lagos island (Igbosere) the seal is 1k per document. This was what I was told when I went in February bh they can reduce a bit for u sha if u hv a lot of documents or u can visit the embassy as well.
LGDON:
Help

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ichommy(m): 1:27pm On Apr 27, 2016
dolpaz:

God bless you real good bro. I have never been wrong choosing you as my right hand man.. (no let your head dey swell grin). Maybe we go end up as Merkel lawyer, so we fit dey maga some pipu cheesy cheesy

But truth of the matter is this: Some pipu needs to go back to school to do some more learning (Most especially english language). Imagine someone had to consult a dictionary to convince us about seal/stamp. grin grin and them say na over sabi book dey worry us. Issokay. As for me, I dont need to consult the dictionary at least for issues like this, neither do I need to inform a charge and bail lawyer to educate me on what has been written everywhere on Uni-assist and some respective school's website

Oga, If english is your problem, that's none of my business but telling me na over sabi book dey worry me shows you are not "well-cultured". most times, you give out wrong information & advice and when we try correcting you, you take it down south. whereas, your case and duel with the German embassy is still fresh in our RAM memory. we wont bring that further cos its of no need. So bros, biko wise up and be mindful of your public conduct.

Aufwiedersehen !

4 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Dam12: 1:30pm On Apr 27, 2016
Hehehe Mr dolpaz, I comment my reserve cheesy grin grin
dolpaz:

Aufwiedersehen !

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Femizi: 2:04pm On Apr 27, 2016
ichommy:

Fellow Rhine Waal Aspirant, Your head get Oil grin. Oya, Make I answer your question ASAP.

1. Brother, Rhine Waal accept only IELTS or TOEFL. no bother to find English Proficiency.

2. U re still in ya undergraduate right? den u need transcripts.

3. International Relations is NC o. I mean Restricted admission. which means limited space. E.g 40 students pere. You go fear those India & Chinese if U see dere Qualifications. I no discourage u o. your GP bad too cheesy.

4. I will advice you not to apply to only International Relations, check courses like:

International taxation & Law

Gender & Diversity

ETC

I don't know how to convert Nigeria GPA to my Country GPA cheesy read back for d information on GPA.

Thanks i intend on writing ielts soon then and the gp gives a boost right?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by honourableseyi: 2:06pm On Apr 27, 2016
LGDON:
Help

Contact OGAGAEJEY, he has a lawyer friend that can help out grin grin. That is on a lighter ground though. Follow what people have said but your location will determine the next step for you to take. Shalom

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jaybmich: 2:25pm On Apr 27, 2016
My people, I thank you for clarifying the differences and importance of Stamp and Seal. I just came back from the high Court for the seal. They collected 3k for 5 docs after plenty negotiation. Thanks y'all.

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by LGDON: 3:05pm On Apr 27, 2016
ichommy:

Then visit the embassy. If your location is far to Lagos den send it to someone yo help you.

#Chikena

Lagos is very far from where I de
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Keji74: 3:06pm On Apr 27, 2016
jaybmich:
My people, I thank you for clarifying the differences and importance of Stamp and Seal. I just came back from the high Court for the seal. They collected 3k for 5 docs after plenty negotiation. Thanks y'all.
Now we can clearly see the difference between a stamp and a seal. Case closed
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by LGDON: 3:09pm On Apr 27, 2016
jaybmich:

You mean high court has official seal and they refuse to help me

I just left river state judiciary now, they charged me 5 k per document
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chrisley024(m): 3:25pm On Apr 27, 2016
Nawa o! Which schools are demanding for this seal cos it is expensive? Since it is needed just to confirm the authenticity of the photocopied docs and the original would still be presented during enrollment if admitted.

These are certifications(stamp) I did at the cost of N50 per page at the Enugu high court.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ogompaul(m): 4:23pm On Apr 27, 2016
In as much as a few schools would insist on seal certification, most schools and uni-assist accept stamps also. I used stamp ie certification of true copy at federal high court Enugu at #30 a page and I got admission from both direct applications and through uni-assist as well.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chrisley024(m): 4:48pm On Apr 27, 2016
@ogompaul, hi! What courses and schools gave your admission?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ohakskid: 5:10pm On Apr 27, 2016
LGDON:

Pls where is the river state judiciary located @? Will love to try my luck.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ohakskid: 5:15pm On Apr 27, 2016
Williamso:

What school/course?
Will send them to you soon.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jaybmich: 5:43pm On Apr 27, 2016
LGDON:

Wow 5k? That's deep. The normal standard fee should be 1k per docs
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ichommy(m): 6:45pm On Apr 27, 2016
Femizi:
Thanks i intend on writing ielts soon then and the gp gives a boost right?
Yes Sir
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by LGDON: 6:51pm On Apr 27, 2016
ohakskid:

Pls where is the river state judiciary located @? Will love to try my luck.

Moscow road, if you are going to Lagos bus stop
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ohakskid: 7:14pm On Apr 27, 2016
Williamso:

What school/course?
Wil send them to you soon.tnx
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by mikky4all(m): 8:54pm On Apr 27, 2016
Good evening alles. Has anyone made use of Nipost (lagos international airport) to send documents to germany. How many days did it take to get delivered and were you able to make use of the tracking number given by the woman.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 9:24pm On Apr 27, 2016
mikky4all:
Good evening alles. Has anyone made use of Nipost (lagos international airport) to send documents to germany. How many days did it take to get delivered and were you able to make use of the tracking number given by the woman.
tracking number? grin No. Timeframe - just give it like 2wks, weekends not included. Just forget abt tracking so u avoid haert attack. Lol.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by acedboss(m): 10:06pm On Apr 27, 2016
#NowPlaying: T.K.O (Remix)- Justin Timberlake ft. A$ap Rocky, J.Cole & Pusha T

Somebody cannot even play with Uncle Dolpaz again! see pure & applied wickedness! chai

dolpaz:

Aufwiedersehen !
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lobito007(m): 10:56pm On Apr 27, 2016
pompido:

I have read its content and there really isn't anything to it. It shouldn't scare you because worse is going on in Nigeria and still people are getting jobs daily. Your primary concern is to get the education first, finish with a good grade and then start the search. I haven't been here long but I have already seen three (make that 4 if i include my Indian acquaintance) people that graduated last summer and winter semesters and already have jobs. I was told one was actually posted to Amsterdam to work on a project. The funny part of it is that we were were both struggling with our german in the A1.2 class in January, so I know for a fact that his german isn't good (and he is not a programmer).

So my 2 cents is that you take things one step at a time. Finish your studies with a reasonable grade and then start worrying about how to get a job.
Ok. Can take some cue from this. What courses did these peeps study, and which city are you?

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ogagaejay: 12:32am On Apr 28, 2016
honourableseyi:

Oga, I am not here to argue with you. But what you were referring to as seal in your previous write up was out of it. I uploaded two photos to differentiate to you the difference between seal and stamp some schools or uniassist are demanding from us. Stamp is stamp and seal is seal. As for your lawyer friend, let him laugh till tomorrow all he wants, cause been a lawyer will not make uniassist or the schools wave their requirements and procedures. He might also be ignorant of the subject under discuss cause been a lawyer alone is not enough for you to know more than what people that offering their selfless service here have in their disposal; make he pocket him lawyer, i get them plenty. Shalom

I do not pick words with people, but I just need to buttress my point further. You are not the only one who have applied to uniassist.ev and other schools making this request. Everyone schooling here in germany did. Since you were intelligent enough to refer only to a rubber red instriped seal as a seal, I had to show you the ink too. As far as I know none of our documents that were properly sealed with what you call stamp and not a seal was ever rejected. I do not know why I am still typing this. Just coming back from work and I am very tired. Abeg carry first good night.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ogagaejay: 1:17am On Apr 28, 2016
Imagine someone had to consult a dictionary to convince us about seal/stamp. grin grin and them say na over sabi book dey worry us. Issokay. As for me, I dont need to consult the dictionary at least for issues like this, neither do I need to inform a charge and bail lawyer to educate me on what has been written everywhere on Uni-assist and some respective school's website

Aufwiedersehen ![/qu[/b]ote]

At least I consulted the dictionary. You should have done that. Thank you for reminding me that we applied for visa the same day. Maybe I should tell the big story that is fresh in you memory. My documents copies were not complete and I had to go outside the embassy to make copies. after which dolpaz's cousin refused to let me in Lol. At least they never said that uniassist.ev did not accept my document because I used a stamp and not a seal. Finally we all arised in Germany so what is the big issue that you cannot forget? Anyway please keep it in your memory and if you have any other thing to add please do.

You said, I give wrong information . I have only advised the person in question to go to the court with an envelope and ask them to seal it just as demanded . I don't see how that amount to wrong information. Maybe it is, please correct me. I am tired of these attacks we do here. I[b] got info from here when I needed it. To all you new guys, just read from previous pages there is nothing new here. [/b]
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by westerwelle: 4:31am On Apr 28, 2016
Mein Bruder.. U just killed it..going to Hannover summer Semester aber via Studienkolleg..thanks for the piece
victz:
I think it's time for me to share my 6 months experience in Germany(Tübingen) to be precise. Please, note that I am only sharing what I have experienced so far in Tübingen. Students in other cities especially the bigger cities may not have similar experience. Let me use the same format lmuhopeful used:

1. Education: Studies here has been really nice and very tough. I'm currently studying MSc in Management and Economics. There are only one University in Tübingen which is the famous/prestigious University of Tübingen. The University spread across the length and breath of the entire city. There is no where you will go in Tübingen that you will not feel the presence of the University. Our professors here are very brilliant and smart. Educational system in Germany is highly intensive. If you are going for any Economics or Finance related courses you have to be very good in calculations. In fact very good is just an understatement you have to be extremely good in Maths. Be prepared to see some Mathematical symbols you have never came across in your entire life. And also try as much as possible to learn/improve on your computer skills. Be also prepared for presentations. I have 3 individual presentations to carry out this semester. I did two last semester they were fantastic. I never knew that I will be able to get it right because I was not used in making public speech. Exams are really tough here and grading system here is different from what we have in Nigeria. Professors don't award marks easily you have to work very hard to earn your grades. The marking scheme here is absolutely strict. To score a 1.0 here you need 95% and above. In general anything from 2.5 and below is considered good especially if an institute is doing high quality research like lmuhopeful rightly said.

2. Housing/Accommodation: Living in student dormitory is cheap you can get an accommodation shared/flat for 208, 217 Euros etc in old buildings. There are a lot of ancient buildings here dated back to the time of Johann Wolfgang Goethe and Martin Luther the reformer. If you want to live in the same building Goethe lived when he was writing his poetry it is possible grin grin grin and also from 245Euros for accommodation in skyscrapers. Private accommodation are a little bit expensive but not as in big cities.

3.Transportation: Tübingen semester ticket is not encouraging at all. Stuttgart is just 30km which is less than one hour drive by bus or train yet our semester ticket does not even cover Esslingen let alone Stuttgart. In fact Barden Wuttemberg semester tickets are like that. You can only enjoy semester ticket in this state if you are studying in a big city like Stuttgart and semi-big cities like Mannhiem, Kalshure, Freiburg etc. If you want to get a VVS semester ticket that covers Stuttgart you will be spending close to 400Euros which is not worth it.

Student Jobs: If you are coming to Tübingen with the hope of getting a student job you better have a rethink. There are no companies here. Tübingen can be best described as a rural area. Getting a job in few restaurants around is extremely difficult. Tübingen is a university village where 2 out of every 3 people you see on the streets are students. Tübingen is such a boring town. Loneliness want kill me here ooo!. You can hardly find Nigerians here except for few Nigerian refugees. There are very few Nigerians here. There are also not too many blacks in this school. From time to time you can only come across 1 or 2 Nigerians studying here. But if you are coming to Tübingen with the sole aim of studying, I can assure you that you will get the very best of education here because Tübingen is a world-class university. Some of the best professors in Europe are here. An ex-president of Germany (Horst Köhler) is also here as one of my professors.

People:
What I have seen here is not encouraging. Tübingen is not a friendly town. People here are not friendly I don't know if it's because Tübingen is relatively a small town. I have been to Stuttgart and Frankfurt people are more friendly there than in Tübingen. Sometimes they will be looking at you as if you are an Alien from another planet. A friend of mine who is in Engineering faculty often complained of racism in his faculty. No one wants to sit with him in the class. No one wants him in their assignment group. I was lucky to have few German friends in my department that are liberal minded. They are more than nice to me. I happened to be the only black in my faculty but was lucky to have those great German guys as friends.

Food: Since I came here I have never bought cooked food outside. I have always prepared my own food at home by myself. It helps you to minimize cost if you can be able to be cooking/preparing your own meal. Their own foods self no dey hungry me. This people wey dey chop bread like say tomorrow no dey. They have different verities of Bread. More than 50 or more different kind of breads. There are African shops here where you can get food items like Yams, Plantain, Beans, Fish, Meat, Egwusi, Ogbono, Okra, palm oil etc, but they are not cheap oooo!

Babes: Hmmmmn! Like I said before this is not a friendly town. This people discriminate a lot. They even discriminate against other whites let alone blacks. But it may be a different experience in bigger/International German cities. So if na babe you want come here come find be ready to work extra hard for it. And also be prepared to face so many rejections you maybe lucky at last sha! As some people were lucky to find one in the long-run. If you are a lady, I don't really know because I haven't seen whites guys going out with the few black girls that are here.

African People: There are few Africans here are they are really nice. Some people will tell you not to get close to Nigerian refugees that are here. Well experience differs, Almost all the Nigerian refugees I met here are very nice people they see me as their brother and have always been willing to help they don't even discriminate on basis of tribe. They have been really helpful even more than the 2-3 Nigerians studying here. I know of a Nigerian student that did not drop his tribalism behind in Nigeria. He brought his tribalism here with him. Aduro is the popular name given to those refugees. But this Aduro people are very very nice to me I don't know about other Nigerian students experience ooo!.

German language: The language is as important as the degree you are coming here to acquire. You need the language to be able to interact effectively with people here even if it's broken/basic German. I will also advise anyone coming to Germany to get at least a B1 language proficiency before boarding that plan. Life can be extremely difficult here without the language.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (500)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.