Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (135) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (913181 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (500) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Fesobi92: 10:28pm On Jul 09, 2016
Fesobi92:
please your advise and opinion needed!!!
Got admission from university of Gottingen and expecting Heidelberg's decision too. at the same time, I applied to some usa universities for spring 2017 (starting January 2017) with a possibility of a full ride scholarship. am in confusion as to what to do. Do I proceed with the admission from Germany? if I do? what r my chances if I apply for a USA visa in Germany? (less than 3months of arrival into Germany).
Make no mistake Germany is a good country with one of the best education. however, schooling in USA is a dream.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by styles2009: 11:28pm On Jul 09, 2016
I hope many newbies in Germany would follow the last part of your comment, e really make sense. smiley

DiBoss:
Dear prospective students,

I believe in hope, I believe in opportunity and I am optimistic! No place on earth is rosie, but with the way things are going in our belove nija, I won't blame a banker who resigns and chooses to pursue a degree and career abroad. But I won't advise anyone to sell landed propert or take loans to come here cos that's gonna make u desperate and put more pressure on u.

Life is more than a pay check! Sometimes we also desire to be in a society and be respected as humans regardless of ur family name and background.

As a student, do not allow ur family back home put pressure of sending money to them on u and also do not paint any picture of having a goldmine in Germany. Cut ur coat according to ur material, do not be in a hurry take out time to search for cheap accommodation. Do not run down ur block account before implementing plan B. As soon as u settle, look for a mini job of atleast 450 euro basis. life in Germany is all about proper planning. 3 years ago during my BSc program, I had a class mate who was working and and he spent all his savings on flight ticket just to visit Nija. I told him that he was out of his mind. And here are my reasons. U are running to Nija to spend ur summer holidays when other students are staying back to pick up full time jobs to enable them save and work less during school session. He succeeded in visiting Nija, came back broke and was working hard during school session and in the cold winter to meet up. That's ridiculous! As a student, u should plan. There is time for everything, I rather stay back during summer, work full time job save some money that I can fall back on during school sessions. If u work and save during summer, u can conveniently work a mini job during school session and ur studies won't lack.

And my last advice...there are 2 kinds of foreigners in Germany. Those that wanna pursue a career here after studies, and those that wanna return back to Nija to pursue a career after studies. Clearly define the part u belong and chase ur dream.

Good luck my people and God bless all ur efforts!

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by acedboss(m): 2:53am On Jul 10, 2016
kenniez26:
@fesobi92. Someone who is deny visa has the right to collect his or her money back from Deutsch bank.the form to fill is on Deutsche Bank website so far u can give them evidence that the embassy deny u visa. It is different from someone who is already a student in Germany and want to go to another country to study. I don't think the person will b able to retrieve his money back until the end of one year.please house I stand to b corrected

wrong! if you get your admission to the US, you can apply for the visa from germany, close your blocked account and withdraw all your money. I know of someone in Bonn who did exactly this last winter.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by acedboss(m): 3:02am On Jul 10, 2016
Unku Cindi! The oga patapata and Daddy G.O himself!
me just Pam for corner with pop corn and zobo dey look people dey yarn. Max hailings to my oga Nevilbot, you handled the matter in your usual mature manner regardless of the personal attacks from the other party.

Like Cindino said, anyone who thinks Germany is really bad and unbearable, there's nothing stopping you from packing your luggage and returning home...really, I think deep down the german people will be happy as there is one less foreigner to worry about!

Cindino20:

If ah hear say war over...baba na ceasefire o....

Take cover cheesy grin..them nor wan throw tantrums for weekend.

But some of una dey curse for state..walahi...willy2000 u be legend....

so person cannot play with u guys again? grin cheesy

Make I take cover before I get hit by crossfire....

Like I said sometime ago ..if Germany is that bad as some pple claim..there is a 10:05 pm flight from frankfurt to lagos
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by urchman101(m): 6:44am On Jul 10, 2016
DiBoss:

I believe in hope, I believe in opportunity and I am optimistic! No place on earth is rosie, but with the way things are going in our belove nija, I won't blame a banker who resigns and chooses to pursue a degree and career abroad. But I won't advise anyone to sell landed propert or take loans to come here cos that's gonna make u desperate and put more pressure on u.

Life is more than a pay check! Sometimes we also desire to be in a society and be respected as humans regardless of ur family name and background.

As a student, do not allow ur family back home put pressure of sending money to them on u and also do not paint any picture of having a goldmine in Germany. Cut ur coat according to ur material, do not be in a hurry take out time to search for cheap accommodation. Do not run down ur block account before implementing plan B. As soon as u settle, look for a mini job of atleast 450 euro basis. life in Germany is all about proper planning. 3 years ago during my BSc program, I had a class mate who was working and and he spent all his savings on flight ticket just to visit Nija. I told him that he was out of his mind. And here are my reasons. U are running to Nija to spend ur summer holidays when other students are staying back to pick up full time jobs to enable them save and work less during school session. He succeeded in visiting Nija, came back broke and was working hard during school session and in the cold winter to meet up. That's ridiculous! As a student, u should plan. There is time for everything, I rather stay back during summer, work full time job save some money that I can fall back on during school sessions. If u work and save during summer, u can conveniently work a mini job during school session and ur studies won't lack.

And my last advice...there are 2 kinds of foreigners in Germany. Those that wanna pursue a career here after studies, and those that wanna return back to Nija to pursue a career after studies. Clearly define the part u belong and chase ur dream.

Boss I hail oh.
Please what can you say about Bayreuth
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Cindino20(m): 7:25am On Jul 10, 2016
acedboss:
Unku Cindi! The oga patapata and Daddy G.O himself!
me just Pam for corner with pop corn and zobo dey look people dey yarn. Max hailings to my oga Nevilbot, you handled the matter in your usual mature manner regardless of the personal attacks from the other party.

Like Cindino said, anyone who thinks Germany is really bad and unbearable, there's nothing stopping you from packing your luggage and returning home...really, I think deep down the german people will be happy as there is one less foreigner to worry about!

Baba Hailings o.......

Omo u don talk am finish..DiBoss nice write up.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nnamdyjoe: 7:44am On Jul 10, 2016
I sent my document true nipost registered mail to uniassist since first week of june , till now nipost can't account for my document, uniassist said dey havnt seen my documents, I can't track the document, deadline is 15th, cry Don't know wat to do....Help
Principe:
Good evening fam

How many days does it take EMS to deliver documents to Germany?I sent documents to uni asist on monday 4/7/2016 via EMS.

The lady I met there told me that it takes seven working days;unfortunately FGN extended the public holidays by a day;now I have six working days left before the deadline(15 July).

I have been trying to track the documents online without success and thei customer care line is not connecting.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Armaniii: 8:12am On Jul 10, 2016
This is one of the best piece of advice i have seen here. Thanks man!

DiBoss:

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kenniez26: 8:15am On Jul 10, 2016
@fesobi92 if what acedboss said is true.I believe u can follow the Germany procedure after u gained usa admission in Germany u can apply for your visa in Germany and withdraw all ur money from Deutsch bank.I hope this one help.thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by omojaiyejaiye: 8:38am On Jul 10, 2016
Good morning people, please can I send my documents to uni-assist for summer application 2017 from now?

I'm just wary of the postal system.

Please I'd need advice on this

Thank you
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 9:37am On Jul 10, 2016
omojaiyejaiye:
Good morning people, please can I send my documents to uni-assist for summer application 2017 from now?

I'm just wary of the postal system.

Please I'd need advice on this

Thank you

I think it is way too early, and your fear of the postal system (Nipost) is over the top.

Nevertheless, if you are able to apply for a program against SS 17 on uni-assist portal, why not.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Atobzey123: 9:44am On Jul 10, 2016
Pls is there any institution or centre where I can learn german language in d western part of nigeria?(ibadan or osun state)
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lakesidepapa(m): 10:15am On Jul 10, 2016
Atobzey123:
Pls is there any institution or centre where I can learn german language in d western part of nigeria?(ibadan or osun state)

There's a place in osun state(oshogbo precisely) where u can learn the language, I'm going to start with them very soon..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ogagaejay: 10:51am On Jul 10, 2016
celestialAgent:
15euro to unassist

And 317 to anoda

Some one has offered to help already. If he/she doesn't, you can contact me.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bolajesu: 11:01am On Jul 10, 2016
lakesidepapa:

There's a place in osun state(oshogbo precisely) where u can learn the language, I'm going to start with them very soon..
@mrlakesidepapa...dt ur name...rings a bell ooo...u dey patronise lakeside hotel for osogbo...?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Neyoalao(m): 11:17am On Jul 10, 2016
this oga DiBoss ehn his advices are something else always touching. Thanks very much for the other day I must say that advice has never left my life the same and am looking forward to hear from you again sir.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by celestialAgent(m): 11:30am On Jul 10, 2016
ogagaejay:

Someone has offered to help already. If he/she doesn't, you can contact me.
his quote is kinda of high..

At what rate can u help ?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by omojaiyejaiye: 12:43pm On Jul 10, 2016
UncleJudax:

I think it is way too early, and your fear of the postal system (Nipost) is over the top.

Nevertheless, if you are able to apply for a program against SS 17 on uni-assist portal, why not.

Thanks so much. I'm actually not applying yet as application hasn't started in most of the schools . Just wanted to know if I can send documents to them prior to the start of applications?

Best regards
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lakesidepapa(m): 1:09pm On Jul 10, 2016
bolajesu:

@mrlakesidepapa...dt ur name...rings a bell ooo...u dey patronise lakeside hotel for osogbo...?

Nein, are u living in OS?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 10, 2016
And that's how winter hopefuls have broken visa booking appointment server in less than 24hrs. Una well done o. Embassy go hail. Lol

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mille: 3:06pm On Jul 10, 2016
Please, I'm completing my E-visa application (not Germany) and I can see Travel health insurance there. How do I go about it?

And secondly, there require an airline ticket (compulsory), Why should I buy a ticket when the visa isn't sure in the first place.

Please help me.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by mostyg(m): 4:09pm On Jul 10, 2016
Dreams(Plans) and realities

Dedicated to Lady Schwartz

5 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jul 10, 2016
Mille:
Please, I'm completing my E-visa application (not Germany) and I can see Travel health insurance there. How do I go about it?

And secondly, there require an airline ticket (compulsory), Why should I buy a ticket when the visa isn't sure in the first place.

Please help me.
are u traveling to Afghanistan or Hiroshima. Lol. How can we help u when ur facts are not clear, if anyone here has experience wt *other* countries how can they help u when u didn't state the country in question.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by okezie007(m): 4:35pm On Jul 10, 2016
mostyg:
Dreams(Plans) and realities

Dedicated to Lady Schwartz

Lol! Hope your not trying to start it again
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mille: 5:14pm On Jul 10, 2016
biglord:
are u traveling to Afghanistan or Hiroshima. Lol. How can we help u when ur facts are not clear, if anyone here has experience wt *other* countries how can they help u when u didn't state the country in question.
Lolz.

It's Romania. They don't pick calls, don't reply emails. No information online. I'm even regretting why I chose to go to Romania first.

The embassy is at Abuja. If there's anyone who has gone for Erasmus program before, Pls help me with details.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jul 10, 2016
Pls how long will it take to process visa for Hannover? My interview date is 25th of August. I'm planning to resume at TU berlin but will be using Hannover for the visa application but I must be in Germany before Oct 1 in orde to meet the deadline. I need as many opinions as possible. Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by surdik(m): 6:08pm On Jul 10, 2016
Hello everyone.. Please do I need to booking an appointment for opening a block account.?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ogagaejay: 6:11pm On Jul 10, 2016
celestialAgent:
his quote is kinda of high..

At what rate can u help ?

I can only offer at black market rate, sorry.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Scorpioborn: 7:00pm On Jul 10, 2016
Nnamdyjoe:
I sent my document true nipost registered mail to uniassist since first week of june , till now nipost can't account for my document, uniassist said dey havnt seen my documents, I can't track the document, deadline is 15th, cry Don't know wat to do....Help

Try and use this tracker http://wheremy.com/ems-post-tracking/
i sent documents out to GErman on 23rd of june, same EMS ooo, docs dint deliver till 07/07 ooo, and to make matter worse i cudnt track on their site, just got the confirmation wt wheremy.com...got 2 know dt my doc didnt liv Nija till 27th june oo..
Wud advice you to speak to uni-assist tru their contact form, attach soft copy of all docs to them, explain situation of tins to dem, it could be of help..

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (500)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.