Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,252 members, 7,811,698 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (251) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (909494 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (500) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Chiznonso: 6:41pm On Oct 11, 2016
I emailed my Db confirmation letter to Embassy on Monday 2.30 pm, when do U think i should get A.M mail? I am waiting eagerly for it, I actually did my visa interview in May 2016
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by debrubbies: 7:42pm On Oct 11, 2016
Please do you have any idea if Rhine Waal offers Bsc international business Pleeeeeese
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kenkels: 8:00pm On Oct 11, 2016
debrubbies:
Please do you have any idea if Rhine Waal offers Bsc international business Pleeeeeese
Want to apply for that school too, for Msc environmental geology
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by debrubbies: 8:12pm On Oct 11, 2016
Ok, which do you want to apply, winter or summer?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 10:00pm On Oct 11, 2016
hello everyone, just a heads up for those who just got to germany this winter and need money but waiting for 1 - 2 weeks for their account to be unblocked, unblocking your deutsche bank account takes two working days, its the sending of your internet banking details and debit card that takes upto 1week+ or less. so once u apply for unblocking you can start withdrawing at the bank after two working days. Also you do not need your place of residence registration to unblock, what you need is an address for them to send it your details, your account number and bank branch bank number, then ur IDs. So if you have an address you can give them, fine, if you dont, thats also fine. They can unblock for you to withdraw and when you have an address you can present that for them to send you internet banking details and atm card. Even if you dont have a place yet, get to your school's student centre to give u a mailing address to recieve your deutsche bank details. My humble findings here in Germany. There's no need being cash strapped for a whole week in a country u just got to. YOU CAN START WITHDRAWING AFTER TWO DAYS.

10 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by seanaddy(m): 10:31pm On Oct 11, 2016
seanaddy:
Hello friends, I am interested in going for my masters in Germany. Got information of this program and need your professional opinions.
They call it a pre-masters course buts its a 6months German language course in Ibadan (Inseberg-Coast International Technoscience Institute) , after the course and exam I obtain a B2 certificate which I use for processing my student visa... There is no evidence of cost of living money required for the visa. Then when I get to Germany I start another 6weeks course for a C1 certificate which is another level of the German language and is required for job. After acquiring the C1 certificate you can then process for admission in any tuition free university if choice over there...

Its not costing much but I'm yet to see evidence or get much information about the Program online...

Pls I need help on how to ho about all this procedures... Someone should pls kindly review and help a brother out.. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:04pm On Oct 11, 2016
seanaddy:
Hello friends, I am interested in going for my masters in Germany. Got information of this program and need your professional opinions.
They call it a pre-masters course buts its a 6months German language course in Ibadan (Inseberg-Coast International Technoscience Institute) , after the course and exam I obtain a B2 certificate which I use for processing my student visa... There is no evidence of cost of living money required for the visa. Then when I get to Germany I start another 6weeks course for a C1 certificate which is another level of the German language and is required for job. After acquiring the C1 certificate you can then process for admission in any tuition free university if choice over there...

Its not costing much but I'm yet to see evidence or get much information about the Program online...

What masters course are you going to study in Germany?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by idrisaleo1: 11:16pm On Oct 11, 2016
biglord:
hello everyone, just a heads up for those who just got to germany this winter and need money but waiting for 1 - 2 weeks for their account to be unblocked, unblocking your deutsche bank account takes two working days, its the sending of your internet banking details and debit card that takes upto 1week+ or less. so once u apply for unblocking you can start withdrawing at the bank after two working days. Also you do not need your place of residence registration to unblock, what you need is an address for them to send it your details, your account number and bank branch bank number, then ur IDs. So if you have an address you can give them, fine, if you dont, thats also fine. They can unblock for you to withdraw and when you have an address you can present that for them to send you internet banking details and atm card. Even if you dont have a place yet, get to your school's student centre to give u a mailing address to recieve your deutsche bank details. My humble findings here in Germany. There's no need being cash strapped for a whole week in a country u just got to. YOU CAN START WITHDRAWING AFTER TWO DAYS.
This is something I love reading, I always cherish optimists. Thanks so much as I am saving this

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by praiseovie(m): 1:35am On Oct 12, 2016
seanaddy:

Pls I need help on how to ho about all this procedures... Someone should pls kindly review and help a brother out.. Thanks in anticipation.

yeah, mention what master course, which school, the course of study (English or German taught).
in fact for travelling to Germany for studies, you can just pay and learn the German language anywhere. Then if you need recognised certificate for the German language (A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, C2) depending on what the school listed in their requirements, all road leads to Goethe Institut Lagos, and Goethe fix their exams like 3 times a year. you can Google their website, or even place a call.
90% of students who has even gotten to Germany through student visa either for bachelor or masters didn't use any form of agent, so you can research more about your course and school (either one or preferably many schools). that would help you share less of your money with any so-called agent, and avoid some unnecessary mistakes.
At the end of the day, you must do your visa interview when the time comes, at the consulate in Lagos yourself (interview questions and answers are posted here in this nairaland forum, then additional answers can be found via internet/google).
you must prove means of sponsorship either through 1)Scholarship, 2)Guarantor by someone living in Germany, but not necessarily a German person, could be a Nigerian with good records and high income, or 3) Deutsche bank blocked account of €8790 currently (€150 euro inside is the bank commission).
Since it is masters you are planning for, you can apply to many schools yourself that has your course or similar course, using www.daad.de for easy search using options, keywords and criterias, or via the school website. the schools would require online application, then the printed and signed form, together with certification of photocopied documents, (either embassy certification, or some accept court notarization). which you would post to them in Germany. some through a body called uniassist (charges is required for uniassist applications).
If you are lucky to get more than one admission, you can select. most English taught programs don't need German requirement at all sef, your learning the language would be personal advantage, and its cheaper to learn in Naija, especially Goethe institut Lagos. There are also programs partially taught in both English and German. But German taught usually need B1 or B2, and no matter where or how you learn the language, you must write and pass the exam in Goethe institut Lagos, to get the certificate.
so do your analysis and research, summer 2017 applications are already on the go, and each school has their various deadlines. except you are targeting winter 2017.
I think you need to research well, or check the school website of this your so-called (Inseberg-Coast International Technoscience
Institute) and premasters, and know what it's really about, and what the school wants as requirement. is it a German school with branch affiliation in Nigeria, or just a language school.
Shikena!

7 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by seolala: 3:03am On Oct 12, 2016
Chiznonso:
I emailed my Db confirmation letter to Embassy on Monday 2.30 pm, when do U think i should get A.M mail? I am waiting eagerly for it, I actually did my visa interview in May 2016
@Chinoso, I also opened my DB account around MAY, and the required blocked amount is 8040. I hope I can get DB confirmation when the required 8040 is paid. I have already done the transfer and simply waiting for confirmation. Pls respond
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Chiznonso: 4:20am On Oct 12, 2016
seolala:
@Chinoso, I also opened my DB account around MAY, and the required blocked amount is 8040. I hope I can get DB confirmation when the required 8040 is paid. I have already done the transfer and simply waiting for confirmation. Pls respond

U are to transfer 8090 euros @ least not 8040, u will get an alert if u do that

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 5:41am On Oct 12, 2016
Please house, let me throw this open.
A Bsc(ed) graduate in. Geography
I want to put in for Msc Geoinformatics in universitat munster. So I wrote the coordinator for inquiry and eligibilty purpose. Below is what I got as a response;

To be admitted, we require students to have at least 30 ects in math, computer science and software engineering ; for geography students this is often not the case. Wbr,

My question:
Hence, any idea as to what he meant? Please help a. Brother
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by seolala: 6:42am On Oct 12, 2016
yes, i transferred 8200 euro...how long does it take before I will get the alert? My dom account has already been debited for the amount
Chiznonso:

U are to transfer 8090 euros @ least not 8040, u will get an alert if u do that
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by mostyg(m): 6:48am On Oct 12, 2016
OJCITY22:
I want to put in for Msc Geoinformatics in universitat munster. So I wrote the coordinator for inquiry and eligibilty purpose. Below is what I got as a response;

To be admitted, we require students to have at least 30 ects in math, computer science and software engineering ; for geography students this is often not the case. Wbr,

My question:
Meaning the school do not admit geography students because they do not always meet their admission requirement
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by mostyg(m): 6:50am On Oct 12, 2016
seolala:
yes, i transferred 8200 euro...how long does it take before I will get the alert? My dom account has already been debited for the amount
For transfer it takes 3 working days while cash deposit takes 1 day.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chinok97: 7:44am On Oct 12, 2016
Na the official info about the stuff be that..at times it takes longer..I really don't know what's up with dB now, lot of people awaiting blocked confirmation..make dem no use our money clear the Gbese wey dem get o
mostyg:

For transfer it takes 3 working days while cash deposit takes 1 day.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by idrisaleo1: 8:52am On Oct 12, 2016
OJCITY22:

My question:
As a geography graduate, it means their might be different condition or no condition applicable to you. All other interested applicants have to fulfill this requirement of passing these courses atleast once. Cos 30 ects means one semester while 60 equates one full academic calender in Nigeria. Hope it helps
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Seancypher: 9:11am On Oct 12, 2016
AgentONE:
Good work to all the contributors, I've been a ghost follower of this great thread... I've learnt a lot already.
Thanks everyone who has contributed.God willing my testimony will be counted among 2017 applicants.
#Team_Winter2017
agent one, same with me..let's hook up
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Chiznonso: 10:00am On Oct 12, 2016
Chiznonso:

Somebody help me answer
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Chiznonso: 10:04am On Oct 12, 2016
Nosky247:
If you want your documents to get to Germany within one week through NIPOST, send it as ordinary mail, don't register it. I've done it twice using the one in ikeja.

How much did U fix in your blocked acct? Were they insisting on the 8640€
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Seancypher: 11:16am On Oct 12, 2016
hallo mein Volk, ist es jemand hier, dass Deutschland durch Studienkollegs oder Vorbereitungskurs gegangen. bitte ich brauche Richtlinien hier
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by johnsonnob: 11:17am On Oct 12, 2016
Has anyone registered TOEFL In Lagos of recent, if yes...please let me know the amount and where you registered yours??
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 12:26pm On Oct 12, 2016
mostyg:

Meaning the school do not admit geography students because they do not always meet their admission requirement

This is serious Oooo. Cheiii. Thanks for the explanation boss
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 12:28pm On Oct 12, 2016
idrisaleo1:

As a geography graduate, it means their might be different condition or no condition applicable to you. All other interested applicants have to fulfill this requirement of passing these courses atleast once. Cos 30 ects means one semester while 60 equates one full academic calender in Nigeria. Hope it helps

Does it mean there is no harm in trying or probably ask the grad coord very well
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nosky247: 1:04pm On Oct 12, 2016
Chiznonso:

How much did U fix in your blocked acct? Were they insisting on the 8640€
Fix 8790€ and above
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Chiznonso: 1:11pm On Oct 12, 2016
Nosky247:
Fix 8790€ and above

When did U open your deutsche account, I opened mine in june
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Pervic(m): 1:58pm On Oct 12, 2016
bolt000:
i'm also applying, havent applied, the portal isnt open yet? which school are you going for?

Yea winter 2017
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dennisMOD(m): 2:18pm On Oct 12, 2016
Chiznonso:

Somebody help me answer
You mean Monday, two days ago? Take some more chill pill man. It is well. We're both waiting for same thing. Sent mine since last week Tuesday. God dey.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Chiznonso: 2:38pm On Oct 12, 2016
dennisMOD:

You mean Monday, two days ago? Take some more chill pill man. It is well. We're both waiting for same thing. Sent mine since last week Tuesday. God dey.

Are U sure, there isn't a problem here? The other guy sent his last week Friday and he has received A.M mail, is it because of the amount we deposited what's the issue, I am running outta time
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by baggylips(m): 3:04pm On Oct 12, 2016
Chiznonso:

Are U sure, there isn't a problem here? The other guy sent his last week Friday and he has received A.M mail, is it because of the amount we deposited what's the issue, I am running outta time
@ Nonso...resend ur dB details by 8.00am tomorrow and this time around add your passport number,your visa application number,the date of your interview and cc all the mail addresses they have used to send e-mails to you.Hope this helps.Goodluck!!!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by mostyg(m): 3:07pm On Oct 12, 2016
Chiznonso:

The AM mail has not been sent because the embassy has not gotten approval from the alien authority yet. I got mine after one month and two days.
You may contact the alien office of your city and the international office of your school. It was after I got the mail from the the international office that my visa has been approved that the embassy AM mail arrived.

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (500)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.