Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,534 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (254) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (910596 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (500) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lobito007(m): 12:01pm On Oct 14, 2016
AM mail just dropped like it's haaat!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Seancypher: 12:22pm On Oct 14, 2016
hello people, I am about to enroll for undergraduate degree program in NOUN (national open university of Nigeria).
please I want to know if I can use the 100L transcripts to apply for schools in germany?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by KayPapi: 12:34pm On Oct 14, 2016
Anyone at or applying to Duisburg Essen or Steinbeis ?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by mostyg(m): 12:41pm On Oct 14, 2016
lobito007:
AM mail just dropped like it's haaat!

congrats
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by krasavchikMD: 12:43pm On Oct 14, 2016
Its been 4 weeks but since abuja don't send A.M mails, i'm just going to pretend like i cant spell 'tension' and keep waiting on that DHL love cry

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Youpele52: 12:47pm On Oct 14, 2016
Nosky247

After sending my documents to a school in Germany via NIPOST ordinary mail, if I ought to get a reply from the school will it be posted to my home address or I'll have to go the post office to receive it?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Keji74: 12:57pm On Oct 14, 2016
Seancypher:
hello people, I am about to enroll for undergraduate degree program in NOUN (national open university of Nigeria).
please I want to know if I can use the 100L transcripts to apply for schools in germany?
Yes you can
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lmuhopeful: 1:10pm On Oct 14, 2016
Eke40seven:
Okay, based on popular request, to follow the tradition here, i will like to invite our Bosses to the podium for this interview....

I use this opportunity to invite, oye11, victz, Hollaytan, LMUhopeful, Cahnellven, etc... All the other bosses that i have forgotten their moniker, you are all invited.

1. Please, introduce yourself, course, school and city. (if applicable)

My name is Ayodeji studying Geophysics at LMU Muenchen.

2. How does German educational system differ from the system you were used to?

The German system is quite more challenging. To score a 1.0(highest grade) you usually need 95% and above and with 75% or so, you'll be around 2.3 or 2.7. The professors are really smart and mostly want the best for you. I love that I can drink beer in my class. I don't know about others oo smiley

3. What academic challenge(s) did you face or are you facing currently and how are/did you tackling/tackle them?

I faced a few challenges as I had a BSc in Electrical Engineering and now studying geophysics msc. I took advantage of the office hours of the professors and they taught me a lot personally.

3. What is your (academic) advise to prospective Nigerian student coming over to study?(summarized)

You need to understand why you want to come here. It's not about just leaving Nigeria or doing an MSc. If one just needs an MSc the UK may be better as it's easy to pass there. It's very hard to succeed here and a lot of hard work is needed. Example, 20 students from the previous set of my masters started the program and only 4 graduated. The remaining 16 were either expelled due to bad grades or left coz it was difficult. So I advice to be fully sure of your abilities and not see a German msc admission as a ticket out of Naija.

4. Do your school have a size-able number of international students and what is the state of interaction like with them?

The LMU is very international. I don't attend university events so I don't know about interacting with them. I however meet many friendly students daily and interact with them.

5. Did you find it difficult integrating into the society and how were you able to overcome it if you had?

It's easy to integrate here. Come with an open mind and no stereotypes. Talk freely with people as you would in Nigeria. It's really simple: if a person wants to talk or hang out with you they will. If not, move ahead.

6. In your opinion, do you think a hard working Nigerian student with a particular result can maintain his/her academic performance in Germany with the same efforts? A scale will be appreciated, I know time is not the only or the best measure of hard work but For instance, A spends 6 hours of study everyday in Nigeria, GPA=4 ". ". ". ". ". ". ". in Germany GPA=?

If you work hard in Nigeria you'll succeed here. It's not easy to convert these things into numbers. Work as hard as you can and take advantage of the library, tutor hours etc.

7. Like in any society, there are distractions or factors that reduces performance, what are the major culprits in Germany for an unenlightened
Nigerian JJC?

I don't know. I party and all but in moderation. Moderation is key.

8. Most of the male or even females at one time or the other would have fantasized having a German Prince or princess, what are their chances? Do the shy Germans gals take to Nigerians? Can Painpills, stharrie, etc get their prince/princess charming easily?

With relationships, keep an open mind. You don't necessarily need a German to be happy in a relationship. You could meet a Polish lady or guy, or Russian or Thai or Mexican. There's almost every nationality represented here so go with an open mind and find someone or people you're attracted to irrespective of nationality.

9. List 5 most important items an intending new comer should bring along to Germany.

Don't bring an expensive jacket. It's cheaper to buy good jackets and winter shoes here. Nothing I can think of. Maybe Rothmans and Benson(I haven't found those here smiley)

10. Give 5 most important tip to surviving in Germany, jobs and all.

1) Study hard
2) Hustle. The money is good
3) Guys, talk to women here. You'd be surprised how receptive many of them are
4) Be calm and plan for the future. The msc isn't the end of it all
5) Party, drink, booze, enjoy your life. This is the only life we got.

11 on a scale of 1-10 rate your city in terms of hustle and the closest best place in terms of jobs to your city

12. Just give your opinion on these claims below by indicating with an Agree (A), Neutral (N) or Disagree (D)

a. Germans are cold
D

b. They hate late coming
N
c. They are racist
A few
D. They don't have time for chitchat
D
E. They are introverts
D
F. They love beer
A

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ohakskid: 1:43pm On Oct 14, 2016
BiafranBushBoy:

CIT is present sir smiley
any word 4rm CIT yet?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by mavenprosper: 2:49pm On Oct 14, 2016
idrisaleo1:

I don't think there is, but you can contact them. are u staying in ilorin, give me ur numba make we relate
Am also stayin in ilorin, xo can we relate
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Kasich(m): 3:00pm On Oct 14, 2016
michV:
If any1 has applied to university of bremen for CIT for summer start,Lets keep in touch.also if there is any intended applicant for technical university Hamburg for information and communication systems and also for Technical university munchen for masters power engineering for winter start,lets rubby mind together via PM ourselves. cool...all the way from Canada thread i came from to embrace german thread for a successful admission/visa next year.

Any other school opened for admission now please i wld like to be informed to apply as i studied Electrical Electronics Engineering.if such school requires toefl,ielts,gre...it wldnt interest me

Jesus Christ of Nazareth.... Guy how far you
You filled thesame courses with me, its like you do extensive research like me

I actually chose the CIT programme at Uni Bremen to test my eligibility for a masters course with high application, my main focus is on Power Engineering at TUM because of my exposure i am getting at the moment in a hydro power station, but i know it will be easy to get communications engineering because of my CGPA and the courses i offered in school (*actually did electronics option)...

Anyways lets keep in touch hopefully we may end up in thesame class like LOBITO n PLOSMIL
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Dronoms: 3:25pm On Oct 14, 2016
Hey guys, I have been messaging student@lago.diplo.de for the past 10 days to get an appointment date but they haven't replied to my emails, Any had or have this problem or gotten an appointment/email from them in the last 10 days?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by BiafranBushBoy: 4:13pm On Oct 14, 2016
ohakskid:
any word 4rm CIT yet?
nofin bro...
I applied for both CIT and CMM
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Cherokee(m): 6:03pm On Oct 14, 2016
Obiwann,
Just in case, you see this. I have tried getting across to you via pm, you replied but I can't get to you. I don't know why. All the same, I would want we talk. By the way, finally, Germany good, Germany bad, it all depends on what part of Germany you find yourself. Stay true to yourself & don't forget where you are coming from. Cut your cloak according to your cloth. Erase every negativity & feed the postivity. Peace be unto you.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 7:03pm On Oct 14, 2016
Kasich:

Jesus Christ of Nazareth.... Guy how far you
You filled thesame courses with me, its like you do extensive research like me

I actually chose the CIT programme at Uni Bremen to test my eligibility for a masters course with high application, my main focus is on Power Engineering at TUM because of my exposure i am getting at the moment in a hydro power station, but i know it will be easy to get communications engineering because of my CGPA and the courses i offered in school (*actually did electronics option)...

Anyways lets keep in touch hopefully we may end up in thesame class like LOBITO n PLOSMIL
abi..with my UG background in Electrical Electronics Engineering i am balance in both communications and power.i am preparing to apply to Hamburg too which their admission starts 1st of December for their communications too but for TUM is my main target cos i have grounded background and excellent grades in power courses than in electronics in my undergraduate.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 7:33pm On Oct 14, 2016
krasavchikMD:
Its been 4 weeks but since abuja don't send A.M mails, i'm just going to pretend like i cant spell 'tension' and keep waiting on that DHL love cryBro I also did my interview in Abuja.I want to send them mail to remind them.My enrollment deadline is 28 oct.send me mail on justinanukam5@gmail.com
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by johnsonnob: 8:29pm On Oct 14, 2016
Thanks man
OJCITY22:

As far as am concerned, it is legit
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by etinergy: 8:31pm On Oct 14, 2016
Dronoms:
Hey guys, I have been messaging student@lago.diplo.de for the past 10 days to get an appointment date but they haven't replied to my emails, Any had or have this problem or gotten an appointment/email from them in the last 10 days?
Send your next mail by 6:30am Monday morning
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by johnsonnob: 8:44pm On Oct 14, 2016
Thanks a lot for the information, I'm actually planning to apply for a M.Sc program at LMU and in that department (Geophysics)>>>> Very soon, i will need your help, i hope i'll get it
lmuhopeful:

The German system is quite more challenging. To score a 1.0(highest grade) you usually need 95% and above and with 75% or so, you'll be around 2.3 or 2.7. The professors are really smart and mostly want the best for you. I love that I can drink beer in my class. I don't know about others oo smiley

3. What academic challenge(s) did you face or are you facing currently and how are/did you tackling/tackle them?

I faced a few challenges as I had a BSc in Electrical Engineering and now studying geophysics msc. I took advantage of the office hours of the professors and they taught me a lot personally.

3. What is your (academic) advise to prospective Nigerian student coming over to study?(summarized)

You need to understand why you want to come here. It's not about just leaving Nigeria or doing an MSc. If one just needs an MSc the UK may be better as it's easy to pass there. It's very hard to succeed here and a lot of hard work is needed. Example, 20 students from the previous set of my masters started the program and only 4 graduated. The remaining 16 were either expelled due to bad grades or left coz it was difficult. So I advice to be fully sure of your abilities and not see a German msc admission as a ticket out of Naija.

4. Do your school have a size-able number of international students and what is the state of interaction like with them?

The LMU is very international. I don't attend university events so I don't know about interacting with them. I however meet many friendly students daily and interact with them.

5. Did you find it difficult integrating into the society and how were you able to overcome it if you had?

It's easy to integrate here. Come with an open mind and no stereotypes. Talk freely with people as you would in Nigeria. It's really simple: if a person wants to talk or hang out with you they will. If not, move ahead.

6. In your opinion, do you think a hard working Nigerian student with a particular result can maintain his/her academic performance in Germany with the same efforts? A scale will be appreciated, I know time is not the only or the best measure of hard work but For instance, A spends 6 hours of study everyday in Nigeria, GPA=4 ". ". ". ". ". ". ". in Germany GPA=?

If you work hard in Nigeria you'll succeed here. It's not easy to convert these things into numbers. Work as hard as you can and take advantage of the library, tutor hours etc.

7. Like in any society, there are distractions or factors that reduces performance, what are the major culprits in Germany for an unenlightened
Nigerian JJC?

8. Most of the male or even females at one time or the other would have fantasized having a German Prince or princess, what are their chances? Do the shy Germans gals take to Nigerians? Can Painpills, stharrie, etc get their prince/princess charming easily?

With relationships, keep an open mind. You don't necessarily need a German to be happy in a relationship. You could meet a Polish lady or guy, or Russian or Thai or Mexican. There's almost every nationality represented here so go with an open mind and find someone or people you're attracted to irrespective of nationality.

9. List 5 most important items an intending new comer should bring along to Germany.

Don't bring an expensive jacket. It's cheaper to buy good jackets and winter shoes here. Nothing I can think of. Maybe Rothmans and Benson(I haven't found those here smiley)

1) Study hard

11 on a scale of 1-10 rate your city in terms of hustle and the closest best place in terms of jobs to your city

12. Just give your opinion on these claims below by indicating with an Agree (A), Neutral (N) or Disagree (D)

a. Germans are cold
D

b. They hate late coming
N
c. They are racist
A few
D
E. They are introverts
D
F. They love beer
A
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 14, 2016
lmuhopeful:

Nigerian JJC?

1) Study hard

a. Germans are cold
D

b. They hate late coming
N
c. They are racist
A few
D
E. They are introverts
D
F. They love beer
A

Nice one bro, but please you guys should post your undergraduate CGPAs here so that we go know how to dey hope. Nice one
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kenkels: 9:22pm On Oct 14, 2016
lmuhopeful:

Nigerian JJC?

1) Study hard

a. Germans are cold
D

b. They hate late coming
N
c. They are racist
A few
D
E. They are introverts
D
F. They love beer
A

What are the chances of getting a job after masters Rate on a scale of 1-10 and explain
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by themmydhayhor(m): 9:43pm On Oct 14, 2016
idemudian1:

guy i am in Rostock,i wish u where coming to rostock now,i for help.enough student dom here

new here need some help bro
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by centmoses: 10:46pm On Oct 14, 2016
Good evening brothers and sisters in Berlin I need accommodation and contact
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Chiznonso: 10:57pm On Oct 14, 2016
Y don't guys on this thread try out RWTH Aachen ,

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Chiznonso: 10:59pm On Oct 14, 2016
I used Barmer as my health insurance for travel, hope it's ok
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 11:12pm On Oct 14, 2016
johnsonnob:
Thanks man
Jah bless.....
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by browndegreat: 11:16pm On Oct 14, 2016
The big boss i'm seriously closing marking you all the way from canada thread too bro. I did Electrical Electronics Engineering too Buh i graduated with a low cgpa whats the way foward here bro?

michV:
If any1 has applied to university of bremen for CIT for summer start,Lets keep in touch.also if there is any intended applicant for technical university Hamburg for information and communication systems and also for Technical university munchen for masters power engineering for winter start,lets rubby mind together via PM ourselves. cool...all the way from Canada thread i came from to embrace german thread for a successful admission/visa next year.

Any other school opened for admission now please i wld like to be informed to apply as i studied Electrical Electronics Engineering.if such school requires toefl,ielts,gre...it wldnt interest me
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 2:02am On Oct 15, 2016
Chiznonso:
Y don't guys on this thread try out RWTH Aachen ,
don't they require IELTS from Nigerians?..i avoid some schools because i have got no time for that
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 2:06am On Oct 15, 2016
browndegreat:
The big boss i'm seriously closing marking you all the way from canada thread too bro. I did Electrical Electronics Engineering too Buh i graduated with a low cgpa whats the way foward here bro?

What's ur cgpa? Cos a CPGA of 2.9 or 3.0 in Nigeria when converted to german scale can be qualified for their minimum requirements in some schools i feel.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Dronoms: 5:08am On Oct 15, 2016
Did that couple of times this week but got no response from them which is weird because all emails should be replied within 48 hours at most
etinergy:
Send your next mail by 6:30am Monday morning
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dennisMOD(m): 6:00am On Oct 15, 2016
Chiznonso:
I used Barmer as my health insurance for travel, hope it's ok
Finally gotten your AM mail bro? Congrats then.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by etinergy: 6:39am On Oct 15, 2016
Dronoms:
Did that couple of times this week but got no response from them which is weird because all emails should be replied within 48 hours at most
I've never really understood the importance of prayers until this visa waka, now get on your knees and speak to your letter.. .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (500)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.