Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,317 members, 7,811,945 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (373) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (909566 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) ... (500) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 10:00pm On May 04, 2017
zizytd:

When did you apply.
12th April
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 10:08pm On May 04, 2017
Olanrewaju92:

Not even a congratulatory message. @pitapromiz congratulations oooooo. Ours is coming Monsha Allah. Start the German Visa hustle ASAP
thanks Bruder surely ASAP... Yours is on.the.way
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kalushaiyke(m): 10:40pm On May 04, 2017
chi555:

Yes I applied to TU Clausthal
Can I pm you please.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by donkafor(m): 10:46pm On May 04, 2017
Aptitude test 1 is based on point system. Each criteria stated for admission has a specific point. These criteria include undergraduate result, reference letters, GPA, motivation letter et al. You will be assessed and if your total point is above cut off, you will be invited to the second stage which involve interview.

Note: Criteria differ per course

sshola:
Hi GURUS,

Does anyone know about the aptitude test 1 for applicants to Technical University of Munich (TUM) ?
PLEASE enlighten me Abeg. I just did an application to the school and I have certified, analysed and sent my application documents today.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Williamso(m): 11:03pm On May 04, 2017
Blackanada:
Hello house, this is my first post and I have just once question regarding the €8,000 deposit.

Is this a one time deposit (required only when seeking visa) or are you required to replenish it every year while in Germany?

Someone told me that they monitor the account through out your studies and you're meant to top it up every year. If you don't top it up, what happens?
It depends on the city; some cities will give you more than 1 year residency to start, some can renew with other proofs of financial stability, some require part of it (anything from 2k to 5k), some require the entire 8k :-)
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Williamso(m): 11:05pm On May 04, 2017
pitapromiz:
Admission letter just dropped from Ruhr universität Bochum. Computational engineering winter 2017. Thanks guys so far.
oga eke40seven cindino20 futurewise11 . Honorablseyi every every oga for deutschland what are your say on Bochum Nordrhein westfalen
Great city!!!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by donkafor(m): 11:07pm On May 04, 2017
Please, do you know about Munich and Hamburg?

Williamso:

It depends on the city; some cities will give you more than 1 year residency to start, some can renew with other proofs of financial stability, some require part of it (anything from 2k to 5k), some require the entire 8k :-)
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Williamso(m): 11:09pm On May 04, 2017
donkafor:
Please, do you know about Munich and Hamburg?

Yes I do. They are cities in Germany; respectively the 3rd and 2nd largest cities in Germany...
grin grin grin grin

Hamburg gives 2 years straight (not too recent news, I don't know if things have changed), and I don't know about Munich

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by donkafor(m): 11:15pm On May 04, 2017
Thank you grin grin grin

Williamso:

Yes I do. They are cities in Germany; respectively the 3rd and 2nd largest cities in Germany...
grin grin grin grin

Hamburg gives 2 years straight (not too recent news, I don't know if things have changed), and I don't know about Munich
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Williamso(m): 11:24pm On May 04, 2017
Hello beautiful guys and girls on here, been a long time I posted anything... I dunno if anyone would remember me from the days I used to be very active (sucks for me). Just want to drop a thing or two here for whoever will read this: if you're coming to Germany or already here, especially if you want to study an IT related course, learn programming!!! Eat it, breathe it, crave it, die on top it sef if you can. I know in the past I have said German is more important than programming; but being here long enough and having knowledge of the 2, I am confident enough to say my programming skills have opened more doors than my German.

Just thought to check on you all!!! Success in your applications to school/visa/both cheesy cheesy wink

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by hadassaheke(f): 6:08am On May 05, 2017
sshola:
Hi GURUS,

Does anyone know about the aptitude test 1 for applicants to Technical University of Munich (TUM) ?
PLEASE enlighten me Abeg. I just did an application to the school and I have certified, analysed and sent my application documents today.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by blackbriar: 8:47am On May 05, 2017
Blackanada:
Hello house, this is my first post and I have just once question regarding the €8,000 deposit.

Is this a one time deposit (required only when seeking visa) or are you required to replenish it every year while in Germany?

Someone told me that they monitor the account through out your studies and you're meant to top it up every year. If you don't top it up, what happens?
you top it up every year but if u re astute in spending u shud have abt 3k euros savings,

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 8:47am On May 05, 2017
donkafor:
Aptitude test 1 is based on point system. Each criteria stated for admission has a specific point. These criteria include undergraduate result, reference letters, GPA, motivation letter et al. You will be assessed and if your total point is above cut off, you will be invited to the second stage which involve interview.

Note: Criteria differ per course

Thank you bro
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Williamso(m): 8:59am On May 05, 2017
Hey people. For those sending PMs, for some very strange reasons, I'm unable to successfully reply anyone (cc @seun)... maybe mention me and drop something I could use to contact you and I will smiley
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chi555: 11:20am On May 05, 2017
kalushaiyke:

Can I pm you please.
Sure
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 11:44am On May 05, 2017
Williamso:
Hello beautiful guys and girls on here, been a long time I posted anything... I dunno if anyone would remember me from the days I used to be very active (sucks for me). Just want to drop a thing or two here for whoever will read this: if you're coming to Germany or already here, especially if you want to study an IT related course, learn programming!!! Eat it, breathe it, crave it, die on top it sef if you can. I know in the past I have said German is more important than programming; but being here long enough and having knowledge of the 2, I am confident enough to say my programming skills have opened more doors than my German.

Just thought to check on you all!!! Success ins to school/visa/both cheesy cheesy wink
which programming in particular boss.?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by massaben: 1:37pm On May 05, 2017
Hello, Anyone planning to study at University of Siegen - Winter 2017?

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Williamso(m): 2:50pm On May 05, 2017
pitapromiz:
which programming in particular boss.?
Anyone! Doesn't matter which one, just be good at anyone you choose

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 2:52pm On May 05, 2017
massaben:
Hello, Anyone planning to study at University of Siegen - Winter 2017?
yeah i applied there for Mechatronics. anything?

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 2:54pm On May 05, 2017
Williamso:

thanks will work on that.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Blackanada(m): 4:53pm On May 05, 2017
Hello guys I got a question about the €8,000 fixed deposit. Sorry if this is an obvious question, I'm new here.

Please how is the deposit made in Nigeria? Is it at the embassy?

And what exchange rate is typically used?

Thanks.

Honorable mentions: @blackbriar @Williamso @everyoneElse
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Blackanada(m): 4:57pm On May 05, 2017
Williamso:

Will C++ be good? Or I need more industrial languages like ASP. NET, Javascript etc... Is web and app development more common like in Nigeria?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ElDadd: 5:58pm On May 05, 2017
eke40seven cindino20 futurewise11 . Honorablseyi
Has anybody used the sponsorship letter route recently?
Someone said they now request that you open a blocked account inspite of having a sponsorship letter..

Please is this true?

Thank you.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by massaben: 6:22pm On May 05, 2017
pitapromiz:
yeah i applied there for Mechatronics. anything?
Not really, I was just checking if I have colleagues applying to the same school. I have been admitted to study Economic Policy Masters in winter. Have you received admission?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by donkafor(m): 6:23pm On May 05, 2017
TUHH MEM REJECTED embarassed
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 7:02pm On May 05, 2017
massaben:

Not really, I was just checking if I have colleagues applying to the same school. I have been admitted to study Economic Policy Masters in winter. Have you received admission?
ok. I was informed that admission decision would be made by 21st of may.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Neyoalao(m): 7:25pm On May 05, 2017
donkafor:
TUHH MEM REJECTED embarassed
Don't let us give up bro. We are in the same shoes now. Two schools have rejected us. I know how it feels but we've gotta press on Bro.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by hadassaheke(f): 8:02pm On May 05, 2017
ElDadd:
eke40seven cindino20 futurewise11 . Honorablseyi
Has anybody used the sponsorship letter route recently?
Someone said they now request that you open a blocked account inspite of having a sponsorship letter..

Please is this true?

Thank you.
No. That's not true
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 8:08pm On May 05, 2017
TUM has not asked for application fee o. Can anyone relate to this? Abeg o. Before deadline go pass
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Williamso(m): 8:45pm On May 05, 2017
Blackanada:

Will C++ be good? Or I need more industrial languages like ASP. NET, Javascript etc... Is web and app development more common like in Nigeria?
Like I wrote ANYONE!!!! It doesn't matter as long as you're good at it!

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Blackanada(m): 9:18pm On May 05, 2017
Blackanada:
Hello guys I got a question about the €8,000 fixed deposit. Sorry if this is an obvious question, I'm new here.

Please how is the deposit made in Nigeria? Is it at the embassy?

And what exchange rate is typically used?

Thanks.

Honorable mentions: @blackbriar @Williamso @everyoneElse

Abeg make person help out.

@Williamso boss!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Sessegyon: 9:54pm On May 05, 2017
haybellfire:
Guys pls my school insisted they can't gimme my transcript by hand BT I need it for different schools can I tell them to send it to unassist since am applying all the schools through unassist thanks
yes u can

(1) (2) (3) ... (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) ... (500)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.