Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,104 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (452) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (919026 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) ... (500) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dobeespen: 8:06pm On Jul 01, 2017
phemmisky:

Congratulations brother

Don't you need to know German up to B2 to be admitted to a German studienkolleg? If you do know German up to that level double kudos to you! Damn didn't know anyone actually learned German up to that level here oh.
I just finished my A1 and I was sweating profusely the whole time.
Thankfully I don't need it for admission, just wanted to familiarize myself with a bit of German before heading for school.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by honourableseyi: 8:08pm On Jul 01, 2017
Mrbigman1:

Onithsa

Go to the HQ of either FedEx or DHL and tell them you need a local prepaid envelope for a visa interview. They will address it to your house as the receiver and also embassy as the sender. Alternatively, if you will be in Lagos like 2 days before your interview, you can get it at the embassy or airport road; you don't need more explanation to do in that case cause they know how it works. Shalom

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by hrmdesk: 8:15pm On Jul 01, 2017
Aikchosen:
Hello NL,

I just received my admission letter to study at the University of Freiburg Germany.
I have a few questions, please.
How can I open a German blocked account?
What is the minimum amount that will be needed to fund this account for the acquisition of a German student visa?
when I arrive Germany, can I send some part of the money back home to refund my contributors?

Please, your answers will be very helpful.

Please, how are you able to receive the official admission letter? I was admitted too but i have not got my official letter.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mrbigman1(m): 8:17pm On Jul 01, 2017
honourableseyi:

Go to the HQ of either FedEx or DHL and tell them you need a local prepaid envelope for a visa interview. They will address it to your house as the receiver and also embassy as the sender. Alternatively, if you will be in Lagos like 2 days before your interview, you can get it at the embassy or airport road; you don't need more explanation to do in that case cause they know how it works. Shalom

Thanks bro.
I'd rather do it at d embassy.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by honourableseyi: 8:29pm On Jul 01, 2017
ninered:
Pls I got a question
I applied and was issued my new passport yesterday coz the old one is going to expire this October.
I used my old passport to apply for every thing applicable, from school to certifying docs at embassy, Fintiba, admission,booking appointment etc.
I know I can go ahead to inform embassy of changes but my problem is FINTIBA...
Coz my passport serial no. is now different. This bank does everything online and the slightest change of a word or number fit cause wahala. I'm about paying the 8729euro and I don't want to hear stories.
How do I go about informing Fintiba of the changes or should I just go ahead with the payment?
Thanks in anticipation of your warm responses

None of this is a problem. Just attach the two together until you have made the necessary adjustment in all the necessary places, that will settle it. Shalom
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by hrmdesk: 8:44pm On Jul 01, 2017
Jigba:

Heyyy I got my admission letter yesterday for studienkolleg. Was actually waiting for their mail but they sent it through post instead
But you know I must write an entrance exam in Maths and German before I can get admitted.

Would like to study computer science when I'm done with studienkolleg

Please i have been expecting mine. how where you able to do it? was it sent to you nigerian address directly by the school?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 01, 2017
hrmdesk:

Please i have been expecting mine. how where you able to do it? was it sent to you nigerian address directly by the school?

Did you also apply to Studienkolleg Hannover??

I live in Germany and it was sent to my address

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ninered: 8:53pm On Jul 01, 2017
honourableseyi:

None of this is a problem. Just attach the two together until you have made the necessary adjustment in all the necessary places, that will settle it. Shalom
Ok I'll do just that...Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Canterbury: 9:34pm On Jul 01, 2017
Please who applied or is studying any chemistry related course, both MSc and BSc I need to get some heads up from you
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dailydolar(m): 9:50pm On Jul 01, 2017
Canterbury:
Please who applied or is studying any chemistry related course, both MSc and BSc I need to get some heads up from you
what do you want to know about chemistry are you going for winter or summer
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Reddev: 10:03pm On Jul 01, 2017
Finally! A response! Thanks for responding. Have you replied the mail you were sent?
ElUmas:

I did bro. MSc Dairy Science. Got my mail yesterday. You
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sainttyayo(m): 10:11pm On Jul 01, 2017
Canterbury:
I,m in Nigeria. how can I know if from my admission letter from University of Freigurg is already released?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by hrmdesk: 10:20pm On Jul 01, 2017
Jigba:

Did you also apply to Studienkolleg Hannover??

I live in Germany and it was sent to my address

No... I applied to Freiburg. Can they send my admission letter to me in Nigeria. can they send it though speed post (DHL, UPS, FedEx) if I send them mail to do so?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chidi4eze(m): 11:37pm On Jul 01, 2017
GermanDreamer:
bro you are not alone, mine is since MAY too. though they said 4-6weeks in their response. dunno the manner in which uni.assist processes this application. some people i know within that date have got their application processed and forwarded. as mine enters 5weeks by next week,I will start disturbing them from monday..
okay
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sawhite: 11:58pm On Jul 01, 2017
Jigba:

Heyyy I got my admission letter yesterday for studienkolleg. Was actually waiting for their mail but they sent it through post instead
But you know I must write an entrance exam in Maths and German before I can get admitted.

Would like to study computer science when I'm done with studienkolleg
undecided
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by seunny4lif(m): 2:05am On Jul 02, 2017
dobeespen:

Don't you need to know German up to B2 to be admitted to a German studienkolleg? If you do know German up to that level double kudos to you! Damn didn't know anyone actually learned German up to that level here oh.
I just finished my A1 and I was sweating profusely the whole time.
Thankfully I don't need it for admission, just wanted to familiarize myself with a bit of German before heading for school.
Depending on school
B1 is just needed by some schools
LMU sometimes require only B1

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by futurewise11(m): 3:04am On Jul 02, 2017
sainttyayo:

I,m in Nigeria. how can I know if from my admission letter from University of Freigurg is already released?

Check their portal or send an email to your school to ascertain your admission status.They may reply you with attached email pdf admission letter IF its possible.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ikechukwu09(m): 3:22am On Jul 02, 2017
Ikechukwu09:
How, I am about applying for the Willy Brandt School of Public Policy Program on DAAD scholarship. I have read through this thread and observed that many people here have misgivings against it, and even DAAD, because, according to them, the agency doesnt give scholarship to those aiming for a masters.

However, I want to know if those who have still gone ahead to apply through DAAD got the scholarship under any of DAAD's packages?

Abeg o! I need answer to this inquiry, my people. Help a brother
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ifedee06: 7:37am On Jul 02, 2017
futurewise11:

Check their portal or send an email to your school to ascertain your admission status.They may reply you with attached email pdf admission letter IF its possible.

Hello everyone.A massive thanks to all those contributing to this thread.God bless you all. This might seem like a dumb question but please I'd appreciate a response. Should the admission letter from the the uni in Germany be sent by post or will the one sent via email suffice for the visa application?Can it be printed and taken to the embassy if it's the stamped copy?

Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Haywhy1987: 7:37am On Jul 02, 2017
Good morning beautiful people with kind heart.
Pls has anyone used "Form A" to fund blocked account successfully?
Thanks.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dobeespen: 8:49am On Jul 02, 2017
Ifedee06:

Hello everyone.A massive thanks to all those contributing to this thread.God bless you all. This might seem like a dumb question but please I'd appreciate a response. Should the admission letter from the the uni in Germany be sent by post or will the one sent via email suffice for the visa application?Can it be printed and taken to the embassy if it's the stamped copy?

Thanks

You can apply for a visa interview with the soft copy. However, you need to do with the original copy for the interview.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by SleekAB: 9:06am On Jul 02, 2017
dobeespen:

You can apply for a visa interview with the soft copy. However, you need to do with the original copy for the interview.

But HS Rhein-Waal only issues soft copies that you have to download from their application portal. So how does one work around that for the visa interview?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ifedee06: 9:09am On Jul 02, 2017
dobeespen:

Thanks for your response.I appreciate it.I requested for the admission letter to be sent to me by post but the school said I should print the pdf copy sent and take with me to the embassy. I'm confused now.Although the copy is stamped all.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 9:11am On Jul 02, 2017
SleekAB:

But HS Rhein-Waal only issues soft copies that you have to download from their application portal. So how does one work around that for the visa interview?
It depends on the school. Soft copy admit letters are usually valid without stamp and/or signature.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Horlalaykon: 9:12am On Jul 02, 2017
dobeespen:

The text in bold is not true. Print out of the soft copy is okay for interview

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by SleekAB: 9:44am On Jul 02, 2017
UncleJudax:

It depends on the school. Soft copy admit letters are usually valid without stamp and/or signature.

Thanks man, really appreciate!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kingdaveid: 11:07am On Jul 02, 2017
Blackanada:

Isnt form A only used for tuition payment and don't you need tuition fee invoice for that?

Can you use it to transfer to your own blocked account?

Yeah initially it is for tuition payment but most banks know the procedures for german schools so they are aware about the whole blocked account funding. So yeah you can use it for blocked account. For the invoice take your blocked account details from either deutsch or fintiba on the amount to be sent, also try and print out a portion from your school website that they talked about the cost of living. But before doing all these go and make enquiries at your bank to know more (preferably the headquarters, since they are better informed) and know the requirements.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by eddiemei(m): 11:16am On Jul 02, 2017
Good morning champs and happy New month,

Please who is awaiting feedback from the embassy as regard interview booking?.

I sent mine on Wednesday evening after the close of business till date,no response........

Advice is needed please....

Regards.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dobeespen: 11:24am On Jul 02, 2017
UncleJudax:

If the school usually issues just soft copies then it's valid. i know some schools issue both which is why I suggest going to the embassy with the original copy of the school provides that. The school will even tell you to apply for a visa with the original and not the soft copy.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dobeespen: 11:26am On Jul 02, 2017
eddiemei:
Good morning champs and happy New month,

Please who is awaiting feedback from the embassy as regard interview booking?.

I sent mine on Wednesday evening after the close of business till date,no response........

Advice is needed please....

Regards.

I would send another email tomorrow if I were you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) ... (500)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.