Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,677 members, 7,816,777 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (453) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (911247 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) ... (500) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by eddiemei(m): 11:33am On Jul 02, 2017
dobeespen:

I would send another email tomorrow if I were you.

Thank you,would do just that.....
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by philip0906(m): 4:17pm On Jul 02, 2017
UncleJudax:

His transcript and supplementary documents will do the job. He should properly arrange and submit his applications (to at least two schools)

His chances are legit.

Thanks a bunch
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by OnePunchMan: 4:20pm On Jul 02, 2017
eddiemei:
Good morning champs and happy New month,

Please who is awaiting feedback from the embassy as regard interview booking?.

I sent mine on Wednesday evening after the close of business till date,no response........

Advice is needed please....

Regards.

Quote your previous mail, state the urgency involved and send it again. They might of jumped and passed
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dobeespen: 5:43pm On Jul 02, 2017
eddiemei:

Thank you,would do just that.....
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by makinzwurld(m): 9:39pm On Jul 02, 2017
To @Uchevolata and all the rest,

Hi!

Happy Sunday.

In addition to @Negro1986's post concerning his interview on June 30, here's a quick one for y'all going for your interviews soon. U can download the attached files and study them. Its a transcript of questions asked during my interview that held on the 20th of June 2017, and some possible answers, and also a copy of my motivational letter and some other useful docs that might be of help in preparing for the interview (please don't copy and paste word for word, just simply improvise from them, thanks!) My experience was quite a great one, and I pray its even better for you all.

As for preparations, its important you do the following if you can:

1. Pray and trust God that you've gone to Germany already by faith. Eliminate fear and anxiety in prayers. Resist and cast down thoughts of failure that come. Trust God and have a high level of confidence.

2. Go to the embassy a day before your interview (if you can, to avoid rushing or disorganization on your interview day), say around 11 am when they aren't really attending to anyone again. Soak in the air around the environment there. Don't worry, you won't be harassed by any MOPOL or our friendly Mr Paul (I think that's his name.) You can even introduce yourself to him and tell him your interview is the next day and you just came to make inquiry. He will tell you what you need to know, cos he can actually be that nice. Just familiarize yourself with the environment, especially if you've not been there before. Note that the VISA FEE is #20,500. Have the exact amount with you. You should also get to the car park and ask for the FedEx stall where you will get your prepaid envelope (within 350-3000 naira if you are sending within Lagos depending on the location, and 1000-4000 naira for outside Lagos depending on the state you're sending it to. PH is 3,700 naira with FedEx) The ladies there know how to address the envelope appropriately, just give them your details. Get your passports if you don't have them yet (White background, 35mm x 45mm) there at the embassy car park too. Don't patronize touts please. It could cost you more. I had to re-trim the 2 pictures I used to the required specs after paying #1,200 (I know that's cheap, it could be more, say, #1,500 - #2000 depending on your bargaining power.)

On the day of the interview, please arrive at least 30 mins before the time given to you. It is expected that the time given to you is the time you should be inside and not the time you're just arriving the embassy. Its one reason our dear Mr Paul bounces people. Also, arrange your documents as a set of originals and two photocopies in the same order. Staple one of your passports to your application form and detach one. You may have to leave the signature part of your visa application form unsigned till you're in front of the VO. That was how I did mine, though I don't think you'll be penalized if you've signed it already. Please note that the "verification of applicants data" form in the checklist is not needed at the embassy (I wonder why they left it on the checklist undecided ) You only need the Declaration according to section 54 bla bla bla form. Make sure all your documents (both originals and photocopies) are in order while collating. Endeavor to remove your international passport from its jacket, it won't be needed at the embassy.

Lastly, be as sincere and truthful as you can be during the interview. Don't be too rigid or dogmatic. For example, If you currently work, let them know and attach proof. If you don't know the answer to any question, just be sincere about it that you "can't answer such a question at this time because you aren't sure." Prepare well and read/study/memorize/practice over and over and over again. Remember, its only an interview and not a firing squad. The VOs are nice people when you cooperate with them and do what they ask you to do promptly. The young dark tall lady that interviewed me speaks German as well as Yoruba (She's Nigerian of course) and she was benevolent enough to exercise patience with me while I answered my questions. Just don't go there tense. Its not a firing squad I repeat.

Okay, I'm tired of typing. Let's make do with this for now. If any other thing comes to my mind I'll post it here.

I pray for great unprecedented success all the way for y'all going for your interviews this month and next month.

God's Speed, God's best!

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Litolysis(m): 10:30pm On Jul 02, 2017
Please i need to know names of bank for blocked account. I wish to create blocked account but my passport is not with me presently but I have the scanned data page. Can I open blocked account with that? Someone please help a brother.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ninered: 10:31pm On Jul 02, 2017
makinzwurld:

Hi!

Happy Sunday.

In addition to @Negro1986's post concerning his interview on June 30, here's a quick one for y'all going for your interviews soon. U can download the attached files and study them. Its a transcript of questions asked during my interview that held on the 20th of June 2017, and some possible answers, and also a copy of my motivational letter and some other useful docs that might be of help in preparing for the interview (please don't copy and paste word for word, just simply improvise from them, thanks!) My experience was quite a great one, and I pray its even better for you all.

1. Pray and trust God that you've gone to Germany already by faith. Eliminate fear and anxiety in prayers. Resist and cast down thoughts of failure that come. Trust God and have a high level of confidence.

2. Go to the embassy a day before your interview (if you can, to avoid rushing or disorganization on your interview day), say around 11 am when they aren't really attending to anyone again. Soak in the air around the environment there. Don't worry, you won't be harassed by any MOPOL or our friendly Mr Paul (I think that's his name.) You can even introduce yourself to him and tell him your interview is the next day and you just came to make inquiry. He will tell you what you need to know, cos he can actually be that nice. Just familiarize yourself with the environment, especially if you've not been there before. Note that the VISA FEE is #20,500. Have the exact amount with you. You should also get to the car park and ask for the FedEx stall where you will get your prepaid envelope (within 350-3000 naira if you are sending within Lagos depending on the location, and 1000-4000 naira for outside Lagos depending on the state you're sending it to. PH is 3,700 naira with FedEx) The ladies there know how to address the envelope appropriately, just give them your details. Get your passports if you don't have them yet (White background, 35mm x 45mm) there at the embassy car park too. Don't patronize touts please. It could cost you more. I had to re-trim the 2 pictures I used to the required specs after paying #1,200 (I know that's cheap, it could be more, say, #1,500 - #2000 depending on your bargaining power.)

On the day of the interview, please arrive at least 30 mins before the time given to you. It is expected that the time given to you is the time you should be inside and not the time you're just arriving the embassy. Its one reason our dear Mr Paul bounces people. Also, arrange your documents as a set of originals and two photocopies in the same order. Staple one of your passports to your application form and detach one. You may have to leave the signature part of your visa application form unsigned till you're in front of the VO. That was how I did mine, though I don't think you'll be penalized if you've signed it already. Please note that the "verification of applicants data" form in the checklist is not needed at the embassy (I wonder why they left it on the checklist undecided ) You only need the Declaration according to section 54 bla bla bla form. Make sure all your documents (both originals and photocopies) are in order while collating. Endeavor to remove your international passport from its jacket, it won't be needed at the embassy.

Lastly, be as sincere and truthful as you can be during the interview. Don't be too rigid or dogmatic. For example, If you currently work, let them know and attach proof. If you don't know the answer to any question, just be sincere about it that you "can't answer such a question at this time because you aren't sure." Prepare well and read/study/memorize/practice over and over and over again. Remember, its only an interview and not a firing squad. The VOs are nice people when you cooperate with them and do what they ask you to do promptly. The young dark tall lady that interviewed me speaks German as well as Yoruba (She's Nigerian of course) and she was benevolent enough to exercise patience with me while I answered my questions. Just don't go there tense. Its not a firing squad I repeat.

Okay, I'm tired of typing. Let's make do with this for now. If any other thing comes to my mind I'll post it here.

I pray for great unprecedented success all the way for y'all going for your interviews this month and next month.

God's Speed, God's best!
Your write up is really great, my interview is this month and the info you gave is truly helpful. I don't know if its my phone but unfortunately I'm unable to download the files you posted
Goodluck, you are there already

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dobeespen: 10:38pm On Jul 02, 2017
To those who are doing the Skype interview with ESB Business School as part of the admission process, what article were you given?

I was given one on Trump and the steel tariff he plans to impose on American steel imports. I wanna know if we all got the same article.

The article is a bit ambiguous to read, so it would help to look up more news on the article that makes it easier to understand.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dobeespen: 10:41pm On Jul 02, 2017
makinzwurld:

Hi!

Happy Sunday.

God's Speed, God's best!

Thanks very much for the insight. My interview is this month but I'm not too nervous. I schooled in the US for 4 years and was just about to graduate, but had to move back when forex hit the roof. So I have a general idea of what they're asking for. Still, it was great to read your perspective on the visa interview. Wishing you love and light on your journey to Germany.

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dobeespen: 10:46pm On Jul 02, 2017
Litolysis:
Please i need to know names of bank for blocked account. I wish to create blocked account but my passport is not with me presently but I have the scanned data page. Can I open blocked account with that? Someone please help a brother.

Deutsche Bank and Fintiba. I don't know if you can use a scanned copy to open a blocked account so I'll leave it to people who are familiar with this subject.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by uchevolata: 11:02pm On Jul 02, 2017
Hello @makinzwurld

First off, i'd like to say a big thank and on behalf of everyone here. THANK YOU!

Your write up was really soothing and will be very much helpful to us.

Congratulations on your visa given! For being open? God bless your heart.

I have a question? Please have you funded your account? If yes, how? With form A? Kindly put us through with that if funded.

Until next time..my very best wishes.

Cheers

makinzwurld:

Hi!

Happy Sunday.

God's Speed, God's best!

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by phemmisky(m): 11:30pm On Jul 02, 2017
Guys pls, I need your help. I just tried opening a blocked account. And uploaded my documents , and my status was "waiting for verification " for the six phases what further steps do I need to take from here pls help me.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dobeespen: 11:47pm On Jul 02, 2017
phemmisky:
Guys pls, I need your help. I just tried opening a blocked account. And uploaded my documents , and my status was "waiting for verification " for the six phases what further steps do I need to take from here pls help me.

Nothing more to do. Wait for them tonverify your documents.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tomshare16: 11:53pm On Jul 02, 2017
Hi... a friend wants to apply for his Masters in Germany. He studied Nursing for his degree. Does anyone here know of any good option. Tried searching but most were for Medical, Biomedical or Pharmacy oriented students
Vielen Dank
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Touchflex(m): 11:58pm On Jul 02, 2017
I presume it's fintiba, then you're good to go...within 48hrs you'll get your blocked account details and contract agreement docs when the verification is a success...

Thereafter, you then book for visa interview appointment attaching your admission letter, the make transfer doc that contains your blocked acc details and the data page of your passport

phemmisky:
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Touchflex(m): 12:04am On Jul 03, 2017
This is a challenging situation...I faced it too...I only waited until I got my passport and took the selfie stuff...find a way to access your passport and boom you're good to go!

Litolysis:
Please i need to
know names of bank for blocked account. I wish to
create blocked account but my passport is not with me presently but I have the scanned data page. Can I open blocked account with that? Someone please help a brother.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by phemmisky(m): 12:22am On Jul 03, 2017
Touchflex:
I presume it's fintiba, then you're good to go...within 48hrs you'll get your blocked account details and contract agreement docs when the verification is a success...

Thereafter, you then book for visa interview appointment attaching your admission letter, the make transfer doc that contains your blocked acc details and the data page of your passport

@ Touchflex , Brother, God bless you for the swift response . You even took your time to give me a primer on the next steps. Thanks once again sir. Good morning

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dobeespen: 12:31am On Jul 03, 2017
tomshare16:
Hi... a friend wants to apply for his Masters in Germany. He studied Nursing for his degree. Does anyone here know of any good option. Tried searching but most were for Medical, Biomedical or Pharmacy oriented students
Vielen Dank

Does he want to get a masters in nursing? Can't he get it in a related field? I hardly see any nursing masters program.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tomshare16: 12:48am On Jul 03, 2017
dobeespen:

Does he want to get a masters in nursing? Can't he get it in a related field? I hardly see any nursing masters program.

Not necessarily Msc in Nursing but any related fields... Most of what we have checked are cut out basically for Medical and Biomedical students in terms of requirements
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by makinzwurld(m): 5:18am On Jul 03, 2017
uchevolata:
Hello @makinzwurld

First off, i'd like to say a big thank and on behalf of everyone here. THANK YOU!

Your write up was really soothing and will be very much helpful to us.

Congratulations on your visa given! For being open? God bless your heart.

I have a question? Please have you funded your account? If yes, how? With form A? Kindly put us through with that if funded.

Until next time..my very best wishes.

Cheers

I'm yet to fund. I have a euro account with gtb and intend to fund with it once my euro is complete. But I'm still looking for other means too... anyone that comes first and cheaper.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by makinzwurld(m): 5:24am On Jul 03, 2017
ninered:

Your write up is really great, my interview is this month and the info you gave is truly helpful. I don't know if its my phone but unfortunately I'm unable to download the files you posted
Goodluck, you are there already

Try using a different browser like chrome, firefox, UC or Puffin. Alternatively, use ur system. You should be able to download it through any of these means.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lumyehiteryur(m): 5:58am On Jul 03, 2017
Hi house,

I have a Bsc business administration with a 2.2. I have tried applyin for a masters 2 years straight no admission. A friend advised it would be easier if I applied another Bachelor which i did and have gotten admission for BA business infomatics. Am currently expecting an interview date.

In readiness, Any tips on how to convince the VO why i need another bachelor will be appreciated.

One love
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by eddiemei(m): 6:24am On Jul 03, 2017
makinzwurld:

Hi!

Happy Sunday.

God's Speed, God's best!

Thanks for the insight .....
Please can you upload those files again most especially the possible interview questions.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 7:24am On Jul 03, 2017
dobeespen:

If the school usually issues just soft copies then it's valid. i know some schools issue both which is why I suggest going to the embassy with the original copy of the school provides that. The school will even tell you to apply for a visa with the original and not the soft copy.
Yea sure. If/when the original admit letter is available, you can't leave it at home.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by iluminati: 7:57am On Jul 03, 2017
hello guys,

who has used the service of Fintiba to open a blocked account? Which do you recommend between Fintiba and Deutsche bank blocked account opening?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Eke40seven(m): 8:08am On Jul 03, 2017
iluminati:
hello guys,

who has used the service of Fintiba to open a blocked account? Which do you recommend between Fintiba and Deutsche bank blocked account opening?
I'm not so current but I think Fintiba is easier because you won't need to go to the embassy to open it as against Deutsche Bank. However, I think in terms of services when you land in Germany, Deutsche Bank is the way to go but if I need to open an account fast here because of time and convenience, Fintiba it is.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Eke40seven(m): 8:13am On Jul 03, 2017
lumyehiteryur:
Hi house,

I have a Bsc business administration with a 2.2. I have tried applyin for a masters 2 years straight no admission. A friend advised it would be easier if I applied another Bachelor which i did and have gotten admission for BA business infomatics. Am currently expecting an interview date.

In readiness, Any tips on how to convince the VO why i need another bachelor will be appreciated.

One love
Read about the course and curriculum of your new programme, examine how different it is from your Bsc. Plus your work experience, highlight how it's going to make you better or what it can add to what you currently have and link it with your future goals.

I guess informatics has something to do with business IT solutions, (I'm not sure) you can explain that informatics is the way to go in providing new business solutions and you didn't really acquire the skills and it's an area not really explored in Nigeria and where they depend so much on expatriates....blah blah blah...

Search, "German embassy interview" in your search word on Nairaland, you will find how many were able to go through this particular hurdle.

I hope you find this useful.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Eke40seven(m): 8:16am On Jul 03, 2017
CC: justwise, I think this thread is getting a bit too "bulky" and would be difficult to read. Don't you think it's time to wave that your magic wand? grin

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dobeespen: 8:40am On Jul 03, 2017
tomshare16:

Not necessarily Msc in Nursing but any related fields... Most of what we have checked are cut out basically for Medical and Biomedical students in terms of requirements

He can try masters of public health or something.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Stargpressy: 8:41am On Jul 03, 2017
May God bless you abundantly Amen.
makinzwurld:

Hi!

Happy Sunday.

God's Speed, God's best!

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Stargpressy: 8:48am On Jul 03, 2017
I downloaded but couldn't open it please convert it to PDF and upload so that we can download and view....bitter....
makinzwurld:

Hi!

Happy Sunday.

God's Speed, God's best!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:04am On Jul 03, 2017
Eke40seven:
CC: justwise, I think this thread is getting a bit too "bulky" and would be difficult to read. Don't you think it's time to wave that your magic wand? grin

Yea you are right..lets have it done when it clicked 500 pages

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) ... (500)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 187
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.