Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,880 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (495) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (911273 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) ... (500) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by makinzwurld(m): 10:46pm On Jul 20, 2017
Just sent another one now, kindly check. Thanks.

donkafor:
PM not received.

Form A was possible last month. Don't know about this month. Which banks did you visit?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by makinzwurld(m): 10:51pm On Jul 20, 2017
I honestly still do not understand how this FORM A at Zenith bank is possible. I visited one and was told that FORM A is not for funding individual or personal accounts, but for corporate accounts. And you said they still funded using FORM A last month? Please I'd really like to know which branch and what was required for the funding to be done.

Thanks in advance.

donkafor:
Zenith charged 405 last month. Don't know the current amount. Actually, form A is sanctioned in USD at 360 per dollar. That's CBN set price. The money will be converted from USD to EUR at the point of entry.

At least, it's still going contrary to some people's claim.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ikechukwu09(m): 10:53pm On Jul 20, 2017
@eke4oseven I am about to apply for a scholarship at Willy Brandt School of Public Policy and the University of Passau. I have my documents ready but I need someone to help me look through my motivation letter to see if it can catch the fancy of the admission board. Can you help me do that or is there anyone you know who could. Boss, baby beg I dry o. Anyone on this thread who can help should reply. Thanks.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by makinzwurld(m): 10:58pm On Jul 20, 2017
Yes. But include your department, i.e. the name of the course you are going for.

For example, you can put:

International Office
Department of Industrial Economics
University of North Rhine WestPhalia
0304625 NRW, Germany.

If you know any specific contact person at the department or the international office there, or the name of the person written on your admission letter (usually the person who prepares and sends the admission letter), you can add their name first before stating the address.

Hope this helps.

uchevolata:
Hello,

Can the reference in Germany also be just the name of the school, phone number and email? It can go right?

reference in Germany could be your course coordinator or someone in your program assigned to you.(personal tutor).

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by okezie007(m): 4:00am On Jul 21, 2017
Schwartz:

I read your post a while ago and I am moved to answer. Let me share a small story. There is a guy who studied electrical and information technology in university of applied sciences, Hamburg. He started coding at the age 10 and started this course in Germany at the age of 19 in his year 3 he got a good full time job and his visa moved from student visa to work from which he will be eligible for permanent residence any time soon. Another Naija guy wheel chair bound, a student of the same course, same success story. The success stories of people reading this course has been reoccurring. Especially if you're really good at coding. Don't trade working menial jobs at the interim for a future glory.Even in the so called big cities, the work mostly available is still menial jobs. One thing I noticed about Germany, in most places you find yourself is that once you can speak the language you will get something to do. There must be a restaurant were people eat and dishes needed washing, there must be houses that need cleaning, there must be people moving out that need their stuff moved, baby sitting, lawn mowing, gardening etc During holidays you can move in with friends / naija brothers who will take you in for a fee while you work for a substantial amount of money. Holiday jobs in Daimler, Amazon, BMW, factories, production companies, etc. Hard tasking jobs but at least good pay.
If your sole aim is to hustle after euros, do 2 , 3 jobs and send money home then go for big cities; Stuttgart, Munich, Berlin etc but if you wish to get a good well paying and respectable job with the ability to convert your study visa to a permanent stay then go for that elect. & IT course. For others asking about which city to choose, I will give same advice
IT is tough and coding is not a child's play in fact I know people that couldn't weather it they dropped out. But at the end it pays, engineering also. This is just my humble opinion based on experience
Schwartz!!! Nice to see your comment AGAIN #CommentMakeSense

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by olaadesie(m): 6:56am On Jul 21, 2017
Lextronggroup:
Which school is this?
Macromedia university
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by May5ive: 8:44am On Jul 21, 2017
Hello everyone. I'm a newbie. And I'm looking at furthering my education in Germany on a scholarship basis, hopefully, I have a very good first degree in computer science. Currently I'm working to gather funds to begin the process. My first question is this, how much can I gather to start the process? And also to live in Germany at least for the first 1-2months. Thank you for your replies.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tallmewarh: 9:56am On Jul 21, 2017
Please has anyone received admission letter from the university of Bonn for this winter semester. I have been waiting endlessly
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dejx: 10:57am On Jul 21, 2017
Thank God for Nairaland, thank you so much Nairalanders especially Nairadean, Pualbets, Necki and all on this thread.

I have finally gotten an interview date.

Please will I have to completely fund the blocked account before interview date?

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Bimbaskiski: 11:15am On Jul 21, 2017
Please were u given today? Because I sent mail to them since Wednesday and they haven't replied me

dejx:
Thank God for Nairaland, thank you so much Nairalanders especially Nairadean, Pualbets, Necki and all on this thread.

Please will I have to completely fund the blocked account before interview date?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sammolarge19(m): 11:19am On Jul 21, 2017
Nice one bro....Please how did you go about it...I'm look for date ohh please help...

dejx:

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by cahnellven: 11:39am On Jul 21, 2017
dejx:
Help please!!!

I just got my opening confirmation of blocked account from Fintiba, so I sent mail to book for appointment immediately, only for me to get an immediate reply.

My own mail:

The German Consulate,
Dear Sir/Madam,

I write to book an appointment for student visa interview, I have been admitted at the Technical University of Munich in the graduate program Masters of Science in Nutrition and Biomedicine (winter semester 2017/2018) whose enrollment dealine is 17th November 2017.

Attached herewith are the letter of admission, opening confirmation of blocked account and my passport data page.

I would like to request you to consider my application and grant me an appointment date. Thank you.

Yours Sincerely,

Their reply:

Dear Sir,

Please note that the Consulate General is already completely booked out in September. We are therefore unable to grant you an appointment date as the processing time of a student visa takes up to at least 5 weeks. You are welcome to reapply for the next semester. Further enquiries concerning your current letter of admission cannot be answered.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely yours,

Visa Section

Consulate General of the Federal Republic of Germany Lagos

15, Walter Carrington Crescent

Victoria Island, Lagos

Federal Republic of Nigeria

Then I sent this:

Dear Sir,

I want to request that you kindly consider my application and grant me an appointment date as the enrollment deadline for the program is November
17th which is a later date than the date written on your website ("...Hence only students with enrolment deadline from November 15th, as well as scholarship holders would get appointment dates."wink.

Thank you for your kind consideration

Yours sincerely

Please what else should I do?

NB: A quick response is highly appreciated, thank you

Its strange that an enrollment deadline was specified on your admission letter.
I hope you know you can enroll online at TUM , so the deadline in principle should not be a problem for you.

If you have paid your semester fee,register with an insurance company, say AOK bayern and upload the registration number/ certificate they provide you with on your TUMonline portal.
Ideally, you should get confirmation of enrollment within a week and you can use same to counter the consulate's line of thought.

Hopefully, your initial response would be enough to get you a date in October.
Best of luck

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Cchuks27(m): 11:39am On Jul 21, 2017
tallmewarh:
Please has anyone received admission letter from the university of Bonn for this winter semester. I have been waiting endlessly

Me too but not to University of Bonn. University of Cologne. Who's applied/received his/her admission letter?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Tinder: 11:42am On Jul 21, 2017
My deggendorf application just changed to VALID on the application portal.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by blackbriar: 11:47am On Jul 21, 2017
Dear prospective new students,

To clarify the payment of the fees:

To enroll at the Universität Stuttgart/ WAREM you will have to transfer the study fees for the winter semester 2017/2018 (175,60 EURO + 1.500,- EURO for Non-EU students) AFTER arrival in September from your German bank account. (Deadline 15. November but not recommended to pay so late because you want to enroll!)

(Students who are already studying WAREM at the Universität Stuttgart must re-register by paying the study fees until 15. August)

If you don't have a German bank account yet (e.g. Deutsche Bank), you will have to open a German bank account after arrival in September (e.g. BW bank on the Universität Stuttgart-Vaihingen Campus or any other German bank)

We and the International Center will help you.

Best regards and have a nice day

Claudia fees
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dprinz99(m): 11:55am On Jul 21, 2017
Hello house
A friend wants to apply for msc in geany
He graduated from uniport and he needs to get his Academic transcript but the university keep telling him that he can't get the transcript but it can only be sent to the university he wants to apply to.
He further told them that he is applying to different schools and different counter but his department still don't want to hand him his transcript.
He requested for the student copy of the transcript and the school has accepted to give him but they told him that the intended school will not honor/accept the student copy of the transcript.
Gurus in the house please I need ur opinion here
Should he go ahead and get the student copy of his academic transcript?
Will it be valid?
Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by blackbriar: 12:03pm On Jul 21, 2017
dprinz99:
Hello house
He graduated from uniport and he needs to get his Academic transcript but the university keep telling him that he can't get the transcript but it can only be sent to the university he wants to apply to.
He further told them that he is applying to different schools and different counter but his department still don't want to hand him his transcript.
He requested for the student copy of the transcript and the school has accepted to give him but they told him that the intended school will not honor/accept the student copy of the transcript.
Will it be valid?
Thanks
yes but he has to authenticate it a federal high court with a stamp and seal.....
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jay123000: 12:13pm On Jul 21, 2017
dprinz99:
Hello house
Will it be valid?
Thanks

Tell him to give the school(uni port) a postal address that he can assess,either his office postal address or any address he would be able to pick up the transcript....they won't give him the transcripts by hand but they would send it to any postal address he gave them
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by neccki: 12:15pm On Jul 21, 2017
dejx:

You are welcome.

dejx:

It is not necessary you completely fund it before the interview.
But the embassy will not forward your documents to the Foreign Office without you funding your block account copletely. So it is important that you completely fund your account so they can process your VISA.

I hope this helps.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Touchflex(m): 12:19pm On Jul 21, 2017
Request enrolment deadline extension note from your school and take it along with you to the interview to avoid refusal...this should be a safety precaution my dear!

Cheers

LolahJ:
Hello people. I must first commend how helping one another isn't such a big deal on this platform, that's rare and very well appreciated... as you're bout helping with mine grin

Got admitted to study Aviation management in Wildau Institute of technology(yes, different from courses and schools I read here + I'm paying big) cry, blocked account with Fintiba sorted in about 48hrs(funding going on in bits), visa interview date immediately requested, got August 10th.

My questions.
1) In a case where my block account hasn't been completely funded on interview day, what is a suitable answer when asked by the visa officer about funding?
2) Date boldly written on my admission letter as programme start date is September 1st(this is only 3weeks from interview date) but lectures starts Oct 9th, 2017.
I'd like to know if I'm at risk of visa refusal.
I read earlier of someone that was refused because there isn't enough time for visa processing.

Thanks in advance wink
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by olatondo: 12:58pm On Jul 21, 2017
Yes
tallmewarh:
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Johnnyessence(m): 1:02pm On Jul 21, 2017
Cchuks27:

Me too but not to University of Bonn. University of Cologne. Who's applied/received his/her admission letter?
I want to ask please when did you apply. I read in uniassist that it takes up to four to five weeks for the school to process the sent documents and send the email of the admission. Just be patient with the school. All the best.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dprinz99(m): 2:28pm On Jul 21, 2017
jay123000:

Tell him to give the school(uni port) a postal address that he can assess,either his office postal address or any address he would be able to pick up the transcript....they won't give him the transcripts by hand but they would send it to any postal address he gave them
Thanks
That's a nice idea
Can it be a personal postal address ?
I stay in abuja and I wouldn't mind if it would be sent go mie
Or what about a church postal address ?
Still here on Nigeria?
I have an access to catholic church postal adress here in abuja and I think I can also pick it up from there.
Assuming the above conditions are acceptable ,how about the delay in our postal services?(NIPOST)how fast will I be able to get it?
Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tallmewarh: 2:30pm On Jul 21, 2017
olatondo:
Yes
I don't why they have been silent. its two months now. No decision made yet on my application to Uni Bonn.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Johnnyessence(m): 2:46pm On Jul 21, 2017
dprinz99:

Thanks
That's a nice idea
Still here on Nigeria?
I have an access to catholic church postal adress here in abuja and I think I can also pick it up from there.
Assuming the above conditions are acceptable ,how about the delay in our postal services?(NIPOST)how fast will I be able to get it?
Thanks
don't try NIPOST here in Nigeria. Try EMS here in Nigeria. It is very fast. Within three to four days it will arrive your base in Abuja.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dprinz99(m): 3:04pm On Jul 21, 2017
blackbriar:

yes but he has to authenticate it a federal high court with a stamp and seal.....
The student copy ahbi?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by blackbriar: 3:25pm On Jul 21, 2017
dprinz99:

The student copy ahbi?
both student and master copy
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Johnnyessence(m): 3:34pm On Jul 21, 2017
tallmewarh:

I don't why they have been silent. its two months now. No decision made yet on my application to Uni Bonn.
ehhhh it is long overdue oo. First go and check your portal now. You have already waited for eight weeks. Send email to the admission office. If you send your documents through uniassist kindly check your portal and send series of email to their address. In twenty four hours they will reply you back. Also try and check the school international office and send emails to them about the admission process. All the best oo.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by uchevolata: 3:51pm On Jul 21, 2017
Hello,

You have succeeded already! Praying that you fully fund your account soonest... Congratulations!

Cheers.

makinzwurld:
I'm doing very great, thanks.

I've not been told yet by the embassy to fund. Today makes it exactly one month (a little more than four weeks though) from my interview.

I'm funding in bits.

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Tintin933: 4:01pm On Jul 21, 2017
Hi guys,
please is there anyone here who applied to tu berlin msc computer science or university of munster msc. information systems

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Cchuks27(m): 4:10pm On Jul 21, 2017
Johnnyessence:
I want to ask please when did you apply. I read in uniassist that it takes up to four to five weeks for the school to process the sent documents and send the email of the admission. Just be patient with the school. All the best.

Thanks bro. Well they're supposed to roll out the letters today (July 21, 2017) don't know what's holding it up. I sent my application since first week of June.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dailydolar(m): 4:29pm On Jul 21, 2017
dprinz99:

Thanks
That's a nice idea
Still here on Nigeria?
Thanks
guy apply pay the school for DHL or FEDEX etc

(1) (2) (3) ... (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) ... (500)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.