Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,986 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (496) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (909630 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Johnnyessence(m): 4:30pm On Jul 21, 2017
Cchuks27:

Thanks bro. Well they're supposed to roll out the letters today (July 21, 2017) don't know what's holding it up. I sent my application since first week of June.
well the school ought to have send the status of the admission to your email address. Send messages to the international office of the school. Besides you ought to have been charting with the international office of the school. Like me I do chart with the international office of the school I applied to. They do send their replies to me via my email address. All the best. Do it quick.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jay123000: 4:52pm On Jul 21, 2017
dprinz99:

Thanks
That's a nice idea
Can it be a personal postal address ?
I stay in abuja and I wouldn't mind if it would be sent go mie
Or what about a church postal address ?
Still here on Nigeria?
I have an access to catholic church postal adress here in abuja and I think I can also pick it up from there.
Assuming the above conditions are acceptable ,how about the delay in our postal services?(NIPOST)how fast will I be able to get it?
Thanks

Don't know about Nipost but I know the postal address u present to the skool will they sent it to and for what purpose u stated...
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Touchflex(m): 4:55pm On Jul 21, 2017
Check my signature let's connect on whatsapp...I'm going to Lübeck for biomedical engineering masters and I finished with EE bachelor's in naija.

eMidas:

Nice overview.
Can you shade some light on studying Biomedical Engineering as masters course while having an EEE Engineering Bachelor's in Nigeria.
Thanks.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Touchflex(m): 5:10pm On Jul 21, 2017
What about someone with standard 4semesters masters timeline? Will u tick 'c' for not staying more than 1yr?

pitapromiz:
6. Put school address.
b.single room
c.tick
reference in Germany could be your course coordinator or someone in your program assigned to you.(personal tutor).
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by gabi101(m): 5:10pm On Jul 21, 2017
Tinder:
My deggendorf application just changed to VALID on the application portal.

what course did you apply for? they started giving out admission notice a week go i think...so i guess yours should be out before the end of this month smiley
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Cchuks27(m): 5:12pm On Jul 21, 2017
Johnnyessence:
well the school ought to have send the status of the admission to your email address. Send messages to the international office of the school. Besides you ought to have been charting with the international office of the school. Like me I do chart with the international office of the school I applied to. They do send their replies to me via my email address. All the best. Do it quick.

Thanks I did but they said I should keep checking my application portal.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Johnnyessence(m): 5:23pm On Jul 21, 2017
Cchuks27:

Thanks I did but they said I should keep checking my application portal.
ok good.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by gabi101(m): 6:00pm On Jul 21, 2017
May5ive:
Hello everyone. I'm a newbie. And I'm looking at furthering my education in Germany on a scholarship basis, hopefully, I have a very good first degree in computer science. Currently I'm working to gather funds to begin the process. My first question is this, how much can I gather to start the process? And also to live in Germany at least for the first 1-2months. Thank you for your replies.

hello,welcome to the fam! i really don't know where to help from but i would try. there are three means to get access this country(germany):Blocked account of about 8760 euros(not sure), Sponsorship letter which shows you have someone in Germany whose working and earns atleast 1500euros that can fund your education and lastly scholarship fund. for starting the processing you need to first find the course/courses related to your field(i can help you with this) ,then apply. For masters studies, most schools need your documents sent to them by post while few applications are done online. when you apply you will see the documents each individual school require from you.You need a test of English language certificate or proof of English proficiency as part of application documents...i cut my coat here.you should prepare to apply for summer(oct-dec) or winter(mar-july) application 2018, with dates depending of the schools you intend applying to.If you need help in finding any course you wish to apply to just let me know anytime.

#ENJOY smiley

4 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Evicsholar(f): 6:21pm On Jul 21, 2017
gabi101:

hello,welcome to the fam! i really don't know where to help from but i would try. there are three means to get access this country(germany):Blocked account of about 8760 euros(not sure), Sponsorship letter which shows you have someone in Germany whose working and earns atleast 1500euros that can fund your education and lastly scholarship fund. for starting the processing you need to first find the course/courses related to your field(i can help you with this) ,then apply. For masters studies, most schools need your documents sent to them by post while few applications are done online. when you apply you will see the documents each individual school require from you.You need a test of English language certificate or proof of English proficiency as part of application documents...i cut my coat here.you should prepare to apply for summer(oct-dec) or winter(mar-july) application 2018, with dates depending of the schools you intend applying to.If you need help in finding any course you wish to apply to just let me know anytime.

#ENJOY smiley
Thanks for this. I have found schools that offer my course of choice but the problem now is getting funds. I seriously hope to get scholarship or just settle for schools here that has similar course of study
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nicolea: 6:52pm On Jul 21, 2017
Admission notification for University of Munster was today tho. I got in for MNATS
Tintin933:
Hi guys,
please is there anyone here who applied to tu berlin msc computer science or university of munster msc. information systems

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by eMidas: 7:33pm On Jul 21, 2017
Touchflex:
Check my signature let's connect on whatsapp...I'm going to Lübeck for biomedical engineering masters and I finished with EE bachelor's in naija.

Hmmm. Make the two of us. I beeped you on WhatsApp.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by vowolabi(m): 7:45pm On Jul 21, 2017
Evening.. quick one please... will TUM accept a health isurance certificate from a private insurance company like mawista?..... for enrollment. Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by donkafor(m): 7:49pm On Jul 21, 2017
No, it's clearly stated on their website.
vowolabi:
Evening.. quick one please... will TUM accept a health isurance certificate from a private insurance company like mawista?..... for enrollment. Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Made123: 8:34pm On Jul 21, 2017
Banks in Nigeria are not helping matters at all. How can a bank be charging more(428.66) than black market rate.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Dominicumoh(m): 8:55pm On Jul 21, 2017
Schwartz:

I read your post a while ago and I am moved to answer. Let me share a small story. There is a guy who studied electrical and information technology in university of applied sciences, Hamburg. He started coding at the age 10 and started this course in Germany at the age of 19 in his year 3 he got a good full time job and his visa moved from student visa to work from which he will be eligible for permanent residence any time soon. Another Naija guy wheel chair bound, a student of the same course, same success story. The success stories of people reading this course has been reoccurring. Especially if you're really good at coding. Don't trade working menial jobs at the interim for a future glory.Even in the so called big cities, the work mostly available is still menial jobs. One thing I noticed about Germany, in most places you find yourself is that once you can speak the language you will get something to do. There must be a restaurant were people eat and dishes needed washing, there must be houses that need cleaning, there must be people moving out that need their stuff moved, baby sitting, lawn mowing, gardening etc During holidays you can move in with friends / naija brothers who will take you in for a fee while you work for a substantial amount of money. Holiday jobs in Daimler, Amazon, BMW, factories, production companies, etc. Hard tasking jobs but at least good pay.
If your sole aim is to hustle after euros, do 2 , 3 jobs and send money home then go for big cities; Stuttgart, Munich, Berlin etc but if you wish to get a good well paying and respectable job with the ability to convert your study visa to a permanent stay then go for that elect. & IT course. For others asking about which city to choose, I will give same advice
IT is tough and coding is not a child's play in fact I know people that couldn't weather it they dropped out. But at the end it pays, engineering also. This is just my humble opinion based on experience

Woooooooooooooooow!!
This is just all I needed to make a decision.
Thanks so much for this, I really appreciate!
I can now decide confidently. smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by olaadesie(m): 9:43pm On Jul 21, 2017
gabi101:
I just pm u now. Sincerely I need ur assistance

#ENJOY smiley
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by pompido: 9:55pm On Jul 21, 2017
Passau is a very beautiful city though quite small and to be honest very little to expect in terms of jobs. Standard of living isn't as high as Bavaria though so better in that aspect. I have a friend in Passau that comes to Kiel to work during weeks when he is free (more than 12hrs bus ride, 7hrs by train).

Kiel is a bit better in terms of living cost and the fact that there is an active Nigerian students association there makes life easier for new comers. The guys on ground will also help you settle in quickly and may even find something to hold you work wise if the chance and time are right.

Not sure about Chemnitz as I have no info.

Check out Facebook pages of Nigerian scholars in Germany (country wide), Nigerian students in Kiel.

The universities also have Facebook pages so you can search out contacts from there too.

Cheers

zizytd:

Jigba do u know anything about these three cities chemnitz in Saxony, passau in Bavaria and kiel in Schleswig-Holstein comparing them in terms of jobs and living standard

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by zizytd(m): 10:18pm On Jul 21, 2017
pompido:
Passau is a very beautiful city though quite small and to be honest very little to expect in terms of jobs. Standard of living isn't as high as Bavaria though so better in that aspect. I have a friend in Passau that comes to Kiel to work during weeks when he is free (more than 12hrs bus ride, 7hrs by train).

Kiel is a bit better in terms of living cost and the fact that there is an active Nigerian students association there makes life easier for new comers. The guys on ground will also help you settle in quickly and may even find something to hold you work wise if the chance and time are right.

Not sure about Chemnitz as I have no info.

Check out Facebook pages of Nigerian scholars in Germany (country wide), Nigerian students in Kiel.

The universities also have Facebook pages so you can search out contacts from there too.

Cheers

Thank you, someone told me to get Kiel visa, it takes long. The city is quite slow in issuing visa because of tourists that come there, how true is this?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by pompido: 10:18pm On Jul 21, 2017
Pm me and I will hook you up with a friend in Weimar. Small city but very low living cost and good info as per hold body side jobs.

taiwo92:
anybody going to BH Weimar this winter. pls mke Una answer me ooo

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by pompido: 10:28pm On Jul 21, 2017
Well it depends nothing is cast in stone. I got mine way back 2015 in about 4weeks or so without any pushing and people got theirs in less time.

The best thing to do is to fund before interview and wait for the standard waiting period. If that period passes, send a mail to the alien's office in Kiel and I am sure you will see traction.

zizytd:

Thank you, someone told me to get Kiel visa, it takes long. The city is quite slow in issuing visa because of tourists that come there, how true is this?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Touchflex(m): 10:45pm On Jul 21, 2017
Send to an office in abuja where u can pick it up! They might seldom reject the church idea. I did same and got mine

Cheers

dprinz99:

Thanks
That's a nice idea
Can it be a personal postal address ?
I stay in abuja and I wouldn't mind if it would be sent go mie
Or what about a church postal address ?
Still here on Nigeria?
I have an access to catholic church postal adress here in abuja and I think I can also pick it up from there.
Assuming the above conditions are acceptable ,how about the delay in our postal services?(NIPOST)how fast will I be able to get it?
Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by zizytd(m): 10:50pm On Jul 21, 2017
pompido:
Well it depends nothing is cast in stone. I got mine way back 2015 in about 4weeks or so without any pushing and people got theirs in less time.

The best thing to do is to fund before interview and wait for the standard waiting period. If that period passes, send a mail to the alien's office in Kiel and I am sure you will see traction.

Thanks, I applied to fh kiel IT information engineering, awaiting admission.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by pompido: 11:13pm On Jul 21, 2017
Admission letters have been distributed at least 2 weeks ago. I will advise you email the international center and ask for the status of your application and if possible give you an email address to get a soft copy of the admission letter so you can proceed with visa application.

I know 2 people that already got theirs and we had to go to the office to push for it because they said they stopped sending soft copies and only send the original admission letter. The con of that is you have no clue if you got admitted or not because there is no portal for that.

So email them to first check your status and then try and force out a soft copy from them.

Cheers

P. S: I can't seem to reply new pm. Yahoo always says failure delivery to the Nairaland email address. Am I missing anything?

zizytd:

Thanks, I applied to fh kiel IT information engineering, awaiting admission.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dprinz99(m): 12:17am On Jul 22, 2017
Hello house
A friend needs to study enviromental science/management related course in Germany
I've been searching all site including daad.de and master portal but most courses I've seen are for winter semester 2018 and that's too far.
I'm looking for courses for the coming summer semester in the related field .
OR
IS THere any possibility to apply for winter semester 2018 but travel between febuary or march next year?
Please I need your inputs coz all the courses I've seen are mainly for winter semester invent seen any for summer semester. Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Johnnyessence(m): 12:19am On Jul 22, 2017
pompido:
Admission letters have been distributed at least 2 weeks ago. I will advise you email the international center and ask for the status of your application and if possible give you an email address to get a soft copy of the admission letter so you can proceed with visa application.

I know 2 people that already got theirs and we had to go to the office to push for it because they said they stopped sending soft copies and only send the original admission letter. The con of that is you have no clue if you got admitted or not because there is no portal for that.

So email them to first check your status and then try and force out a soft copy from them.

Cheers

P. S: I can't seem to reply new pm. Yahoo always says failure delivery to the Nairaland email address. Am I missing anything?

thanks for your prompt reply. Why can't you get gmail address too so that you will be able to be replying people PM.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Johnnyessence(m): 12:34am On Jul 22, 2017
dprinz99:
Hello house
A friend needs to study enviromental science/management related course in Germany
I've been searching all site including daad.de and master portal but most courses I've seen are for winter semester 2018 and that's too far.
I'm looking for courses for the coming summer semester in the related field .
OR
IS THere any possibility to apply for winter semester 2018 but travel between febuary or march next year?
Please I need your inputs coz all the courses I've seen are mainly for winter semester invent seen any for summer semester. Thanks
I don't think daad.de have update their website to summer courses. But check for summer courses around the month of august,september and october. I guess their enrollment date will be next year february or march.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ElUmas: 1:09am On Jul 22, 2017
Animal Science. Pls pardon my late response.

olatondo:
Bros......I also applied for Dairy Science but yet to hear from them. Abeg what course did you study in your first-degree?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by zizytd(m): 5:50am On Jul 22, 2017
pompido:

Cheers

Thanks, this is my mail , pls mail me.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Tinder: 5:51am On Jul 22, 2017
gabi101:

what course did you apply for? they started giving out admission notice a week go i think...so i guess yours should be out before the end of this month smiley

BA - International Management, ok tanx i will keep my fingers crossed while i wait 4 d admission letter because time is not our side again oh with embassy refusing to give visa interview date. sad
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lumyehiteryur(m): 6:59am On Jul 22, 2017
Hi house,

Please advice on ds.

No 9 b on Visa application form.

" I intend to stay no longer than one year in the federal capital territory and apply a visa that covers the whole duration of my stay"

Is it to be ticked or left. My program duration is 3 and half yrs BA @ Soest.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dammyAJ(f): 7:23am On Jul 22, 2017
Tintin933:
Hi guys,
please is there anyone here who applied to tu berlin msc computer science or university of munster msc. information systems

Yes, I applied to university of Munster information systems and im yet to get admission letter. Have you?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by mzpleazy(f): 7:54am On Jul 22, 2017
@Negro,

Hi, I have been trying to reach you. I need to clarify some issues as soon as possible. I don't know how best to reach you.

I would appreciate if you sent me a mail

Thanks.
Mayokun,O.A

(1) (2) (3) ... (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.