Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (911748 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (500) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by futurewise11(m): 12:40pm On Jun 15, 2016
rapidosings:
Nope, according to vanguard nigeria, the rate will remain intact for students.

Please can you post the link where student was explicitly mention?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Leprof1(m): 12:41pm On Jun 15, 2016
Here are some interesting articles (one humorous and the other serious) that I think everyone should reads.

Please note that this article is tailored for American audience, but I think it applies to us Nigerians as well

The 5 Students You'll Meet in Germany
http://www.eighthoursandchange.com/blog/2016/4/14/five-students-youll-meet-in-germany

What's an NC? Everything you need to know about Numerus Clausus
http://www.eighthoursandchange.com/blog/2016/5/26/whats-an-nc-everything-you-need-to-know-about-numerus-clausus

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mille: 12:50pm On Jun 15, 2016
rapidosings:
Nope, according to vanguard nigeria, the rate will remain intact for students.

Policy Implications

By the new exchange rate regime, CBN would allow the
Naira to float against the US dollar at the inter-bank
market, rather than holding on to a fixed peg.

What this means, however, is that buyers of foreign
exchange for importation of goods, holiday, school
fees, medical tourism, online payments etc, will have to
source from the inter-bank market-determined rates
and will no longer be able to buy forex at N199 or
whatever official rate the CBN decides to adopt.

Excerpts from same Vanguard.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/forex-cbn-throws-naira-into-open-market/
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by louisilva: 1:03pm On Jun 15, 2016
Mille:

Policy Implications

By the new exchange rate regime, CBN would allow the
Naira to float against the US dollar at the inter-bank
market, rather than holding on to a fixed peg.

What this means, however, is that buyers of foreign
exchange for importation of goods, holiday, school
fees, medical tourism, online payments etc, will have to
source from the inter-bank market-determined ratesi
and will no longer be able to buy forex at N199 or
whatever official rate the CBN decides to adopt.

Excerpts from same Vanguard.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/forex-cbn-throws-naira-into-open-market/
Pls stop posting outdated post. The vangard article is dated may 25 but CBN is yet to announce its new policy which was sheduled for noon today.
Whatever d case keep ur fingers crossed
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mille: 1:06pm On Jun 15, 2016
louisilva:

Pls stop posting outdated post. The vangard article is dated may 25 but CBN is yet to announce its new policy which was sheduled for noon today.
Whatever d case keep ur fingers crossed

Still the same policy. But I pray we get it at the same CBN rate.

Well, CBN press conference is at 2pm today. An hour left.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chrisley024(m): 1:10pm On Jun 15, 2016
Well, I saw only US Dollar from the post not Euro. My hope! grin

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by louisilva: 1:20pm On Jun 15, 2016
chrisley024:
Well, I saw only US Dollar from the post not Euro. My hope! grin
Lol, euro still follow for Forex.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by napoleonsmart: 2:25pm On Jun 15, 2016
Hello House, Good afternoon to everyone.

I have been crating my Uni assist profile yesterday, please I need help with some sections

1. Knowledge of German (0/2) *
Do you have knowledge of German? * :
Yes
No

PS: I don't have Knowledge of German at all, is it safe to pick no?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by louisilva: 2:30pm On Jun 15, 2016
napoleonsmart:

I have been crating my Uni assist profile yesterday, please I need help with some sections

Yes
No

*swears in Chinese*dude u answered it already. Y would u pick yes when u dnt knw german. U dnt knw it so pick no. No need to complicate issues dat are simple.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 2:36pm On Jun 15, 2016
napoleonsmart:

Yes
No

Hian! Some Nigerians and insincerity eh. So you don't know you will be required to back up your YES with genuine documents?

You had better select No, and move on.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jun 15, 2016
Please bro, I'm applying for my M.Sc. the problem I will be having is with the 8,000k deposit. Actually my sister is sponsoring me. Is there any other option apart from the outright blocked deposit? Justwise eke40seven please help me
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nosky247: 2:42pm On Jun 15, 2016
chibolic:
@ Nosky247, does it mean that ur documents were nt certified b4 u apply 2ru uni assist cuz i taught that d documents hv 2 be certify b4 one can scaned and upload 2 uni assist website. Pls i nd ur reply on this.
My schools are not through uni-assist
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chifathus: 3:05pm On Jun 15, 2016
Leprof1:
My Journey So Far (More Paper Work: May-June 2016)

First of all, I will like to extend my sincere apologies to everyone for not receiving updates from me. Since my last update, its been a busy period for me. I added another year in May, and I was travelling a lot too, and wasn't stable to be able to post my updates. Big shout out to Vampire2020 for reaching out to me and reminding me of my commitment to this thread.

My documents arrived in Germany on time after I had them certified. Actually It arrived 4 days later (instead of 3 days) because it was a holiday on the 3rd day in Germany, and DHL does not deliver on weekends and holidays. Anyway once the language school had signed for the delivery, my student advisor called me to acknowledge receipt of the documents and that everything was in order. So he would begin to make the applications immediately. Also while the document was en-route, my sponsor had paid the required amount for my language course and the university placement. So there were no delays whatsoever.

My student advisor and I have this interesting relationship, because I am a very hands on person when it comes to my application, which he appreciates alot. Sometimes he would email me at 11pm, waaay past office hours, and we would email back and forth, either answering my questions or just bouncing ideas off each other on how to make the process go smoother. He has done this things countless number of time for students around the world and has had lots of experience with these things such as visa applications etc. But he said that I am quite different from most students has handled. Its helps to do your research people.

I have already received a scanned copy of my offer letter for my language course. Now the next step is for the university and studienkolleg to send my conditional offers. During one of our conversations with my student advisor one sunday evening, a friend of mine buzzed me via whatsapp. It so happens that this friend of mine is an academic Dr and also a professor at a university in Germany just to check in on me as it had been a while since we talked. So to help add further credibility to my application, the professor has written and sent in a personal reference letter to be attached to my application.... *Air First Pump*.... My student advisor says this will go a long way with my application..

A little bit of Vitamin B (or what Germans call Beziehungen) goes a long way.

My sponsor had gone to the Ausländerbehörde (Immigration office) at the end of May to get my sponsorship letter sorted. I should state here that anyone who is being sponsored by a German citizen or resident has to book for an appointment weeks in advance to get a date at the Ausländerbehörde. Everything is sorted there and he had it sent via DHL to me. While on a trip to Kaduna, I purchased my WAEC Access PIN, just to be safe, I took a photo of it and stored it in my email, in case i loose this pin, cos WAEC no longer makes it in a CARD format (like recharge cards should be). Now is just a small piece of paper, similar to what you would get when you go to a cybercafe.

All in all I think I am 90% ready. I have already typed out my motivational letter and will transcribe it later by hand. I know some people has stated that it is not necessary to write this per se, but its better to be safe than sorry.

My only concern now is, do I need to purchase health insurance before hand as well as the prepaid courier, or I can buy the health insurance after the embassy says i should come for collection and forget the prepaid courier. Because I am slightly worried of making the trip back and forth to Lagos. I would rather just buy the insurance and attach it to my documents and return to Abuja and wait for my documents and passport to be delivered to me, rather than to fly back to Lagos for a day to simply pick it up and present my insurance. Thoughts and suggestions please?

Cheers

Hi guys.. please does anyone know if NECO Certificate is acceptable in place of WAEC and if so, where can I get the scratch card.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chrisley024(m): 3:39pm On Jun 15, 2016
CBN has announced the new flexible forex regime. cry

Those doing Form A should help inform the house on the new exchange rate
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Leprof1(m): 3:46pm On Jun 15, 2016
louisilva:

*swears in Chinese*dude u answered it already. Y would u pick yes when u dnt knw german. U dnt knw it so pick no. No need to complicate issues dat are simple.

UncleJudax:

Hian! Some Nigerians and insincerity eh. So you don't know you will be required to back up your YES with genuine documents?
You had better select No, and move on.

I feel answering in such a manner is unwarranted, he asked a legitimate question, it probably may have been clear-cut for both of you, it might not be the same for others. Can either one of you beat your chest proudly and say that you were not lost or confused at least ONCE, for something that was glaringly simple or easy out of fear or nervousness.

For fear of having his application rejected, he asked the said question and you are calling him insincere? How did you come to that conclusion exactly?

We should all learn to be empathetic here on this forum sometimes.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Leprof1(m): 3:51pm On Jun 15, 2016
chifathus:

Hi guys.. please does anyone know if NECO Certificate is acceptable in place of WAEC and if so, where can I get the scratch card.

The checklist states WAEC, so i think you should follow that instruction, or you can contact the embassy to clarify that.

Have you been offered admission? if yes, did you apply using your NECO result or your WAEC result?

I suggest you check their website to find our locations where to buy their scratch cards. But I dont think NECO can be checked online, I could be wrong though
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by honourableseyi: 3:57pm On Jun 15, 2016
chifathus:

NECO is acceptable and you can get the card at cyber cafe or business centers. You can also try post office too. Shalom
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mille: 4:00pm On Jun 15, 2016
chrisley024:

Do you understand what they said. The only thing I understood out of the long epistle is that the new rate will be out by Monday.

Don't blame me. I studied Agriculture: D
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by DiBoss: 4:08pm On Jun 15, 2016
7Alexander:
Please bro, I'm applying for my M.Sc. the problem I will be having is with the 8,000k deposit. Actually my sister is sponsoring me. Is there any other option apart from the outright blocked deposit? Justwise eke40seven please help me

Two Options:
1. Block account.
2. A German residence with a high paying job that is enough to cover his/her own expenses and still got enough to take care of your needs as a student. For example, U have an uncle that earns 1,200 euros monthly Lets say that he's monthly flat rent is 600, utilities 120, car loan 100. That is a total of 820.When you subtract 820 from 1,200 he is left with 380. Such person cannot sign as your sponsor because according to German law, students must have at least 670 euro to survive monthly. So take for example he gets 2,200 euro monthly salary then u are good to go because he got enough income to sponsor you after taking care of his own bills. I hope u are cleared. Thanks

4 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by louisilva: 4:11pm On Jun 15, 2016
chrisley024:

1USD=N10000 cool
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by DiBoss: 4:23pm On Jun 15, 2016
Bandeco:

Hmmmmmm.... What a rare gem you are! Despite my use of harsh and abusive words to you, you responded with class, civility and deference. I am just short of words my brother. I was expecting a more venomous response from you but you I was "disappointed" . If the world was populated by persons like you, we would be living in a very peaceful world. I am indeed overwhelmed.

Sorry for my abusive wordz. You won already. May God bless you richly and turn the hot - tempered into people of peace like you

No man is an island! Together we shall succeed. I appreciate you my brother!

6 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Tiofat: 4:50pm On Jun 15, 2016
I went to the bank for my form A. The bank listed some documents but out of them was mentioned payment advice. That is why I brought it the gurus in d house to Pls explain it n how n where to get it. Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chibolic(m): 4:50pm On Jun 15, 2016
Nosky247:
My schools are not through uni-assist
okay my dear,is it a tuition free schl pls can i get d name of d school. Urgent response pls i wld like 2 visit d nw.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ravensburger: 5:14pm On Jun 15, 2016
Tiofat:
I went to the bank for my form A. The bank listed some documents but out of them was mentioned payment advice. That is why I brought it the gurus in d house to Pls explain it n how n where to get it. Thanks

Your Deutsche bank letter stating amount to be blocked comes to mind.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Tiofat: 5:19pm On Jun 15, 2016
ravensburger:

Your Deutsche bank letter stating amount to be blocked comes to mind.
I
Thanks bro
I opened my block account early dis year for summer admission but now that am processing for winter can I use the deutsche bank letter or request for another one.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chifathus: 5:38pm On Jun 15, 2016
Leprof1:

The checklist states WAEC, so i think you should follow that instruction, or you can contact the embassy to clarify that.

Have you been offered admission? if yes, did you apply using your NECO result or your WAEC result?

I suggest you check their website to find our locations where to buy their scratch cards. But I dont think NECO can be checked online, I could be wrong though
Thanks for the reply.. I used NECO to apply and was offered admission
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by fab11: 5:39pm On Jun 15, 2016
My application status on uniassist is saying "Application incomplete"....is this normal or what? And pls what should i do.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chifathus: 5:42pm On Jun 15, 2016
honourableseyi:

NECO is acceptable and you can get the card at cyber cafe or business centers. You can also try post office too. Shalom

Thanks Seyi.. will definitely go look for it in those places. Please another question, how do I get the prepaid courier envelope ?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by napoleonsmart: 5:46pm On Jun 15, 2016
Please House I need names of Schools that are still accepting applications for Admission for the September/October Session. i am seeking Masters Admission.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jun 15, 2016
fab11:
My application status on uniassist is saying "Application incomplete"....is this normal or what? And pls what should i do.
it's normal
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ravensburger: 6:16pm On Jun 15, 2016
Tiofat:
I
Thanks bro
I opened my block account early dis year for summer admission but now that am processing for winter can I use the deutsche bank letter or request for another one.

Use it bro.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by fab11: 6:16pm On Jun 15, 2016
biglord:
it's normal

Ok thanks, so i should wait? no need for me to panic or call them bah?

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (500)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.