Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,086 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1209914 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Dfavouredone: 5:23pm On May 21, 2016
chuckdee13:
Dfavouredone

Go to border.gov.au and navigate to the skill select page. A way to get there is by clicking on working visa n then u will see skill select there on the left pane. On the skill select page u will see occupation ceiling as one of the options there.

Thanks so much.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Jetspeed: 7:34pm On May 21, 2016
Spoke with my normal Nigerian accent oo. Exam venue was UKEAS Opebi- if it would help; the setup was quite ok with minimal noise distractions.
[/quote]

How much did you pay for the exams
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chebyshev(m): 8:04pm On May 21, 2016
malmo:

If you have google drive, access the materials here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9OCs-sEequQeXhDbEdVaThfM3c/view?usp=sharing

I have tried opening the materials via google drive but the files were not clickable. What could be the issue?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jukeblam(m): 8:04pm On May 21, 2016
chuckdee13:
Congrats jukeblam I really do tap into this.

Thanks chuckdee13; wish you the best too.

Are you done with your CDR yet?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chuckdee13(m): 8:48pm On May 21, 2016
Thx bro...yes I am,its about to be reviewed. I'm nominating petroleum engineering so I had to race for time. Did u pay for ur pte online?
jukeblam:

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 1:39pm On May 22, 2016
chebyshev:

I have tried opening the materials via google drive but the files were not clickable. What could be the issue?
copy and paste it on your browser.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jukeblam(m): 3:00pm On May 22, 2016
chuckdee13:
Thx bro...yes I am,its about to be reviewed. I'm nominating petroleum engineering so I had to race for time. Did u pay for ur pte online?

Couldn't pay online with a GTB card, so I purchased a voucher from the centre. Paid into the centre's account and got the voucher code sent to me.

Jetspeed:

How much did you pay for the exams

I paid NGN 36,000 when I registered in February.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Jetspeed: 3:38pm On May 22, 2016
jukeblam:

Couldn't pay online with a GTB card, so I purchased a voucher from the centre. Paid into the centre's account and got the voucher code sent to me.

OK Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chuckdee13(m): 11:43pm On May 22, 2016
Ok I'll try my Stanbic card. Someone told me he also had a problem paying online but got a voucher for 45,000 almost around the same time u got urs. Thanks for the info
jukeblam:

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Esty4eva: 9:06am On May 23, 2016
Please my e-family i want to find out as the primary applicant and want to include a spouse will my spouse also go through any assessment or write the English test

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mrsoje(f): 10:25am On May 23, 2016
Congrats jukeblam, so happy for you.

will be contacting you for some info as am in the processing of applying for assessment from EA too as soon as we land Australia on student visa

jukeblam:
Hello house,
This here is just another grant story!

Woke up this morning to the 'mysteriously exciting' sound of my phone alarm; after turning it off, I checked my emails and therein, lined one after another smiley smiley smiley, were 3 emails containing 189 visa grants for spouse, baby and I! Good start to the day for sure!

My timeline goes thus:

11/07/2015 - IELTS L/R/W/S: 9/9/7/7.5 10 points
22/02/2016 - PTE-A L/R/W/S: 90/87/90/89 20 points
07/03/2016 - EA Assessment submitted (Fastrack)
16/03/2016 - Positive assessment received
16/03/2016 - EOI lodged with 65 points
23/03/2016 - EOI Invite received
05/03/2016 - Medicals and PCC
17/04/2016 - Visa lodged
27/04/2016- CO Contact for transcripts and baby polio certificate
17/05/2016- Transcripts uploaded
19/05/2016- Grant!

With PTE-A score of 20 points, I applied without claiming work experience points.

Thanks to everyone on this thread who answered queries, dropped their 2cents et al. They were quite helpful!
And for those still waiting, you shall receive!

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mrsoje(f): 10:37am On May 23, 2016
Dear Gurus,

Am in the processing of gathering information and documents in order to apply for permanent resident, we have our student visa already. i just have few things i need clarifications for, how do one get points for partners skill qualifications and the point for still studying in australia.

also advise on the required documentation we need to get before leaving Nigeria as school resume soon and we are relocating.

bellong:
As explained earlier, the skilled migration program is a point based system and requires minimum of 60 points for you to be invited to apply. The points are calculated below...

ENGLISH LANGUAGE ABILITY: yet to write
SKILLED EMPLOYMENT: - 3 years experience.. (5 Point)
QUALIFICATION:A bachelor degree from an Australian educational institution or other degree of a recognised standard..15 point

Australian Study Requirements.... This is only for those who studied or are studying in Australia... [/b]One or more degrees, diplomas or trade qualifications awarded by an Australian educational institution and meet the Australian study requirements 5 Points.
Partner skill qualifications 5 POIINTS

NOMINATION/SPONSORSHIP (WHERE REQUIRED)[/size][/b]

A. Nomination by state or territory government (visa subclass 190 only)..... 5 POINTS

B. Nomination by state or territory government or sponsorship by an eligible family member to reside and work in a
specified/designated area (visa subclass 489 only).......................... 10 POINTS
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sammywemmy: 10:46am On May 23, 2016
Goodmorning Bellong. Hope this meets you well. I need your assistance to review my three career episodes. I will Rili appreciate ur help.
bellong:
This thread aims at providing guide, instructions and genuine advice to prospective applicants for Australian permanent resident visa through the skilled migration program. For those looking to apply for study (student) visa, the link below will be more useful as it has enough information about applying to schools and Australian study visa. This new thread is specifically for permanent resident visa application.

Prospective students, follow this thread.. https://www.nairaland.com/2338380/general-australian-visa-enquiries-part

By way of introduction, Australia has a number of pathway to getting permanent resident status but the easiest is the skilled migration. Skilled migration, as the name implies means opportunity for both "academic skilled and technical skilled" people to migrate legally and permanently to Australia. The program was originally designed to address skill shortages in the country generally, so they came up with a system that attracts people who can meet the minimum requirements.

There are five visa subclass in the skilled migration pathway namely Subclass 189 (Independent), 190 (State sponsored), 489 (Regional/nominated provisional), 132 (Business Talent) and 188 (Business Innovation and investment, provisional). I will be talking strictly on the first three. See link for Australian Border Force's website for the skilled migration.. http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Skil

The three visa subclass, 189, 190 and 489 are for professionals, technologists, artisans and trade workers who can meet up to minimum of 60points for 189, 55points for 190 and 50 points for 489. I will explain how the points are calculated, occupation list and application in the subsequent posts.

CC:
NNBB2012
Scrollmeout
Johnsontade
Izykvision01
Crestline

Please, avoid sending PMs, except for special circumstances, ask your question on this thread so others can benefit from it to prevent unnecessary repetition of questions. Thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sammywemmy: 10:47am On May 23, 2016
Hello jukeblam. Congrats on ur grant. I need ur help to review my career episodes, before I submit to EA.
jukeblam:

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sammywemmy: 10:49am On May 23, 2016
Hello jukeblam. Congrats on ur grant. I need ur help to review my career episodes, before I submit to EA. I will Rili appreciate ur help. Thanks.
jukeblam:

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 11:42am On May 23, 2016
sammywemmy:
Goodmorning Bellong. Hope this meets you well. I need your assistance to review my three career episodes. I will Rili appreciate ur help.

I am sorry, I can't be of help in this instance. I am not an Engineer .

Mrsoje,

To get points for partner skill, your partner must get a positive assessment from skills assessment and English test.

You can't claim point while still studying, it must be after you earn the qualifications.

All the documents needed are specified in all the links provided.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mrsoje(f): 11:48am On May 23, 2016
Thank you bellong for your prompt response

bellong:

I am sorry, I can't be of help in this instance. I am not an Engineer .

Mrsoje,

To get points for partner skill, your partner must get a positive assessment from skills assessment and English test.

You can't claim point while still studying, it must be after you earn the qualifications.

All the documents needed are specified in all the links provided.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by akinnawou(m): 12:17pm On May 23, 2016
did mine too at ukeas opebi,i was actually the only one there dt day,so there was no distractions from any candidate which could arise while doing the speaking. also like u mentioned earlier, while doing the speaking, neva pause for more than 3 seconds,even if u run short of words, just fill up that time gap by saying "em,em,em,uh",until u can come up with words quickly..
jukeblam:

'Once again', thanks!

I hope bellong's explanation suffices. Cheers!

Spoke with my normal Nigerian accent oo. Exam venue was UKEAS Opebi- if it would help; the setup was quite ok with minimal noise distractions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by simplynola(m): 1:30pm On May 23, 2016
doyen06:
@protutor have sent it.

Dear Doyen06, can i get a copy too please! Thanks. Forward to: nuritbuttercup@gmail.com
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tunai(m): 8:01pm On May 23, 2016
Do not fall mugu, google UKeas online and check Info on their opebi center, its still 36K, I contacted them today and also intend to pay tomorrow morning before they change their mind, they say they would send the voucher to my email ones I pau to their company account and I can still schedule exam wherever I want

chuckdee13:
Ok I'll try my Stanbic card. Someone told me he also had a problem paying online but got a voucher for 45,000 almost around the same time u got urs. Thanks for the info
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jukeblam(m): 12:15am On May 24, 2016
sammywemmy:
Hello jukeblam. Congrats on ur grant. I need ur help to review my career episodes, before I submit to EA. I will Rili appreciate ur help. Thanks.

Not a problem. Email is jukeblam at yahoo dot com.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chuckdee13(m): 9:10am On May 24, 2016
Ok thx a lot for the info.
I'll do just that...though I'm in ph. I'll contact the center here if online payment fails.
tunai:
Do not fall mugu, google UKeas online and check Info on their opebi center, its still 36K, I contacted them today and also intend to pay tomorrow morning before they change their mind, they say they would send the voucher to my email ones I pau to their company account and I can still schedule exam wherever I want

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by akinnawou(m): 11:03am On May 24, 2016
its almost certain u wont b able to pay online. when i did mine, i called UKEAS opebi if i could make payment through them, n i was told they dont arrange or receive payment for the exam that they only provide facilities for the exam. I then contacted a PTE representative who told me i can get a voucher thru them and i actually paid above the stipulated amount of N38,640 on the website..
chuckdee13:
I'll do just that...though I'm in ph. I'll contact the center here if online payment fails.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tunai(m): 12:19pm On May 24, 2016
You can send a mail to them, they would send the company account number to you, make online payment and send receipt back to them.

I just did same and have successfully registered.

Cheers.
chuckdee13:

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Dfavouredone: 12:51pm On May 24, 2016
Please house, Just a quick question.

Must i get an assessment from EA (Engineers Australia) before been employed as an engineer?

And if I an assessed by EA under mechanical engineer occupation, can i work as engineer in other engineering discipline; say project engineer or maintenance engineer.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Tomiccell: 1:59pm On May 24, 2016
I don't quite understand your first question, But, you must be assessed by EA if you intend going PR route.

Being accessed for one particular occupation does not restrict you from seeking employment in other areas, so yes, you can work as an engineer in other engineering discipline

Dfavouredone:
Please house, Just a quick question.

Must i get an assessment from EA (Engineers Australia) before been employed as an engineer?

And if I an assessed by EA under mechanical engineer occupation, can i work as engineer in other engineering discipline; say project engineer or maintenance engineer.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Dfavouredone: 2:47pm On May 24, 2016
Tomiccell:
I don't quite understand your first question, But, you must be assessed by EA if you intend going PR route.

Being accessed for one particular occupation does not restrict you from seeking employment in other areas, so yes, you can work as an engineer in other engineering discipline

Thanks for your response.

My first question was, is it possible to get an employment as an engineer without EA assessment. I already have a temporary resident working visa (for 18 months), the Skilled Recognise Graduate Visa Subclass 476 which i can use to work before applying for PR. Though i still intends to get EA assessment later and apply for PR.

So, pending when i get a positive EA assessment, can i get employ and work as a engineer? Like i said, i already have a valid working visa for a space of 18 months.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Tomiccell: 4:25pm On May 24, 2016
Yes you can.
Subclass 476 allows you live and work anywhere in Australia and engage in any type of employment.

Dfavouredone:

Thanks for your response.

My first question was, is it possible to get an employment as an engineer without EA assessment. I already have a temporary resident working visa (for 18 months), the Skilled Recognise Graduate Visa Subclass 476 which i can use to work before applying for PR. Though i still intends to get EA assessment later and apply for PR.

So, pending when i get a positive EA assessment, can i get employ and work as a engineer? Like i said, i already have a valid working visa for a space of 18 months.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Dfavouredone: 4:39pm On May 24, 2016
Tomiccell:
Yes you can.
Subclass 476 allows you live and work anywhere in Australia and engage in any type of employment.

Thanks so much for your response!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by dayo4(m): 9:10am On May 25, 2016
akinnawou:
its almost certain u wont b able to pay online. when i did mine, i called UKEAS opebi if i could make payment through them, n i was told they dont arrange or receive payment for the exam that they only provide facilities for the exam. I then contacted a PTE representative who told me i can get a voucher thru them and i actually paid above the stipulated amount of N38,640 on the website..
Hello bro, I'm a fresh graduate of Electronic & Electrical Engineering (Telecoms option), I would like to chat with you about writing the CDR, can I add you on Facebook or BBM?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Jetspeed: 9:26am On May 25, 2016
Hello House,

Can someone who has applied for point test advice -( point for work experience) walk me through the process of application. I have read through the vetassess site and everything seems confusing. Is it only paper base application or i can apply online? I already had a positive assessment from vetassess in December 2014. Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Jetspeed: 9:34am On May 25, 2016
@ Bellong et al. Pls i need your advice. My spouse vetassess skilled assessment is about to be submitted. But iam skeptical in adding her Maters in Personnel Psychology (MPP) she had in 2014.

She is nominating Customer Service Manager and she had other qualifications HND Estate Management 2000 and MBA in 2003. She already had over 12years post MBA experience as a CSM.

Since vetassess start counting work experience from the last qualification obtained, they might start counting from the year she had her MPP instead of counting from her MBA 2003.

Should i add her MPP to the online application or i should ignore it and only add her HND and MBA?

Kindly advice.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.