Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,292 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1211583 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 11:38pm On Jun 02, 2016
kinnkw:

Can i be assessed on Engineers Australia without claiming Work Experience and the one i have is in Info Tech not related to my engineering.

If you can write a convincing CDR, I believe you should be able to get positive assessment as it is what EA mainly use.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by kinnkw(m): 8:16am On Jun 03, 2016
bellong:

If you can write a convincing CDR, I believe you should be able to get positive assessment as it is what EA mainly use.

So in that case what will my CDR besed on, My Undergraduate experiences or My Work experience as an IT support?

And how will this relate to my intended course of nomination (production and Plant Engineer or Mechanical Engr).
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 9:01am On Jun 03, 2016
kinnkw:

So in that case what will my CDR besed on, My Undergraduate experiences or My Work experience as an IT support?

And how will this relate to my intended course of nomination (production and Plant Engineer or Mechanical Engr).

Your CDR must be based on an expertise in your nominated occupation.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by kinnkw(m): 10:49am On Jun 03, 2016
bellong:

Your CDR must be based on an expertise in your nominated occupation.

Oh thank you, I get the hang of it.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jukeblam(m): 11:39am On Jun 03, 2016
chuckdee13:
Jukeblam

I sent u an email. Pls check,thank a lot.

kinnkw:

Hey Bro,

I really need to talk to you to ask some specifics.
I am a mechanical/production engineer just like you and i think your application kind of mirrors what i hope to do too.
I am still going through your post to learn a little about your application but i will appreciate if you can respond to my PM so i can ask specific.
I also wish not to claim work experience as my work experience is in Information Technology.

Replied already
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 12:05pm On Jun 03, 2016
chymadi:

Thanks oknee,

You mean from 1st July, the occupational ceilings for all SOL occupations will be reset to zero?
Please what is the meaning of occupational ceiling?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chymadi: 5:06pm On Jun 03, 2016
mamajaz:

Please what is the meaning of occupational ceiling?

see the link http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Skil#tab-4
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ceasare: 10:57pm On Jun 03, 2016
Hi to everyone on the thread.i want to know if am writing IELTS instead
Of PTE-A is Australia requiring the general one or it must be academic
Cos I intend using the IELTS for both Canada WES assessment and aussie's
VETASsESS

Cc bellong
Jukeblam
Other members.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 11:03pm On Jun 03, 2016
^^^^^^^^^^

You will write any of IELTS, TOEFL or PTE. Not compulsory to be academic except your assessing authority specify academic.

And you don't need English for VETASSES assessment.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ceasare: 11:06pm On Jun 03, 2016
I mean for the Eoi I hv a high chance of been picked based on the criteria on the 1st page
But I want to kill 2 birds with one stone that's why am asking or do I first do the VETASSESS
And get a +ve assessment before taking d English test ? Which is advisable.thnks for d prompt response

bellong:
^^^^^^^^^^
You will write any of IELTS, TOEFL or PTE. Not compulsory to be academic except your assessing authority specify academic.
And you don't need English for VETASSES assessment.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 1:01am On Jun 04, 2016
ceasare:
I mean for the Eoi I hv a high chance of been picked based on the criteria on the 1st page
But I want to kill 2 birds with one stone that's why am asking or do I first do the VETASSESS
And get a +ve assessment before taking d English test ? Which is advisable.thnks for d prompt response

I already answered your question.

You can do assessment first and you can do it concurrently.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by gunpoint(m): 1:25am On Jun 04, 2016
Observant:
Good morning everyone

Please can anyone help clarify, how does a Mechanical Engr with Work Experience is Information Technology get accessed?
I mean by which assessment body, Engineers Australia or Australia Computer Society?

Intended nominated skill -- System anaylst
Hmmm...
ACS will not assess you positively in my opinion. I have seen ACS assessment feedbacks and you can go to their website too to see what you must have studied to qualify for a positive assessment, mechanical engineering wont cut it and its quite expensive to say screw it and just try.
I think you are better off assessing as just a mechanical engineer with no experience under EA.
All just my opinion tho
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by gunpoint(m): 1:32am On Jun 04, 2016
stanCJ:
Hello all, I just got my PR 189. Can anyone advise on the best websites for Oz telecommunication job applications....
Jora.com.au
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ideamaster(m): 5:22am On Jun 04, 2016
We are about completing our 18 months Masters in Australia. we are not qualified for the graduate visa hence we are considering our options. I just wanted to find out if anyone applied for a 476 visa using an Engineering Masters degree from Australia. The aim is to buy time so as to gain 20 points from English.

Is the 476 visa possible with an Engineering degree from Australia? has anyone here tried it before? thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tosomaju(m): 10:03am On Jun 04, 2016

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:15am On Jun 04, 2016
^^^^^^

1.. no you can only get maximum of 15points for your BSc.

2. For migration purpose, not really important as you can get your immigration visa without it except for some occupations that it is compulsory. Mechanical engineering is not one of them.

3. Engineer Australia, go to their website for more information.

4. If you have experience in mechanical engineering, why waste money and time applying for student visa. You can do the Skilled migration at once,. It is cheaper and profitable.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tosomaju(m): 12:07pm On Jun 04, 2016
bellong:
^^^^^^

1.. no you can only get maximum of 15points for your BSc.

2. For migration purpose, not really important as you can get your immigration visa without it except for some occupations that it is compulsory. Mechanical engineering is not one of them.

3. Engineer Australia, go to their website for more information.

4. If you have experience in mechanical engineering, why waste money and time applying for student visa. You can do the Skilled migration at once,. It is cheaper and profitable.
my experiences preced my bsc. Of which it's a combination of internships and trainee programme.
How relevant are these trainings
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cecegal: 12:10pm On Jun 04, 2016
Good day Everyone,

Thank you so much@Bellong for this thread the general thread was so confusing to read and a big thanks for all your contributions i had no idea Aussie PR was this simple lots of information from reading has saved us the headache of sourcing the web.I do have a few questions and would sincerely appreciate your inputs and suggestions.

We are a family of 3 looking to relocate for PR purposes looking at Canada and Australia currently at crossroads on deciding so response to my questions will go a long way in aiding us.

1.Hubby has a B.Eng Electrical and M.Sc oil and gas Engineering,Currently has a career in oil and gas,what States in Aussie has the best opportunities for him?@Engineers with PR in the house mbok help a sister.

Also can anyone help with a template or sites to get estimates for cost of living in Aussie we love to plan way ahead,Rents,childcare,groceries etc

2.Someone mentioned the Professional Engineer thingy about Engineers Australia so when he is filing for his assessment should he include his M.Sc or B.Eng will do?He is going to stick to the Electrical Engineer role since Pet Engine is being pulled out of SOL effective July 1st.

3.Anyone with sample of CDR template please help urgently needed,Also what documents will he need to access his work experience so we can claim points for it will reference letter do?

4 Like the Canada EE is it possible for us to do Individual applications then withdraw the other once either of us gets PR.

Lastly,If our stats is:25 for Age,15 for Education,routing to claim 20 points for English via PTE [Already did IELTS for Canny waka results not good enough to claim 20 points here] If we achieve this we will be on 60 points we are considering claiming some points for work experience to get 65 maybe we will get ITA faster but am wondering if this is even necessary as Electrical Engineering seems to have a good skill cap[This Year's own as of date is on 657 out of the over 1200 required and two more draws to go for the year.

Thank you for your anticipated contributions.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 1:06pm On Jun 04, 2016
tosomaju:

my experiences preced my bsc. Of which it's a combination of internships and trainee programme.
How relevant are these trainings

With Engineer Australia, you only have to write a good CDR to get positive assessment.

Put all the experience you have and you will be given the number of years you can claim for point.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 1:20pm On Jun 04, 2016
@Cecegal,

You have asked plenty questions... I hope I will be able to answer them.. cheesy

1. The oil field is in Western Australia and northern part of Queensland, he can consider more of Western Australia.

You will have to google the template as it differs for each state. Averagely 2 bedroom is about $250/week, groceries depends on where you shop. Abt $100/week or fortnight depending on how you eat, childcare btw $75-$120/day subsidized to 50-80% for PR holders depending on income, movie $20

2. His BSc is enough. BSc and MSc earn 15points, he can keep the MSc.

3. If you go to Engineer Australia's website, there's a template for the CDR there and all required documents are also listed.

4. What is your occupation?

5. If you can get points from work experience, it is good to add it.

Goodluck
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ceasare: 1:48pm On Jun 04, 2016
bellong:

I already answered your question.
You can do assessment first and you can do it concurrently.

Thanks bellong
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by hordunayodt: 9:57pm On Jun 04, 2016
bellong:
@Cecegal,

You have asked plenty questions... I hope I will be able to answer them.. cheesy

1. The oil field is in Western Australia and northern part of Queensland, he can consider more of Western Australia.

You will have to google the template as it differs for each state. Averagely 2 bedroom is about $250/week, groceries depends on where you shop. Abt $100/week or fortnight depending on how you eat, childcare btw $75-$120/day subsidized to 50-80% for PR holders depending on income, movie $20

3. If you go to Engineer Australia's website, there's a template for the CDR there and all required documents are also listed.

Goodluck

Sir bellong, i just sent you a pm, pls check sir.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by deesmom(f): 1:09pm On Jun 05, 2016
bellong:

Have you checked the Skilled Occupation lists for an occupation that closely match your skills?
Boss, I checked oooo, nothing close to banking (operations officer)
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cecegal: 7:19pm On Jun 05, 2016
Thank you so much Bellong for taking time to respond.

All your points are well noted.

I have a B.ED but have all my career experience in Admin so am at lost as the Customer Service Manager occupation is only on the CSOL i really do not understand how occupations on CSOL work yet except that it has something to do with State nomination which looks a little rigorous so am not sure.

bellong:
@Cecegal,

Goodluck
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 7:46pm On Jun 05, 2016
Pls anyone, but what's the cost for the IELTS exam?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Palla: 8:42pm On Jun 05, 2016
jayooh:
Pls anyone, but what's the cost for the IELTS exam?
52k naira
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 9:52pm On Jun 05, 2016
@Deesmom,

What's your qualifications?

@Cecegal,

It is good for your husband to be the principal applicant. Don't even bother about the customer service manager occupation, you can't meet the conditions imposed on it.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 7:00am On Jun 06, 2016
To the distinguished Engineers in d house, does EA accept scanned transcript or it must be sent directly from issuing institutions?
Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bblessed: 9:24am On Jun 06, 2016
Hello house,what are the advantage or disadvantage to have worked with only one employer for eight years since after youth service that is if one is to be assessed by vetassess.thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:08am On Jun 06, 2016
bblessed:
Hello house,what are the advantage or disadvantage to have worked with only one employer for eight years since after youth service that is if one is to be assessed by vetassess.thanks

No disadvantage...
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bblessed: 11:48am On Jun 06, 2016
bellong:

No disadvantage...

Thanks boss
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jukeblam(m): 1:51pm On Jun 06, 2016
jayooh:
To the distinguished Engineers in d house, does EA accept scanned transcript or it must be sent directly from issuing institutions?
Thanks

Scanned transcript is what you need, actually. You upload it to the EA portal by yourself.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.