Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,699 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (163) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1207097 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 9:07pm On Feb 07, 2017
SUDAN!!! shocked DiaRisGod cry
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chidike(m): 10:11pm On Feb 07, 2017
Bnimz:
SUDAN!!! shocked DiaRisGod cry
Nigerians dey waka sha.
OzyMigrant:

Mhen! e be like sey na this PCC go be wahala for me o (am not there yet though). My wife had her MBBS from Sudan ( she was in and out the country for 6-yrs). I went to their embassy in Abuja to find out how we can get a PCC for her, they said she must travel down, even after explaining to them that she currently has a 2-month old baby on her hand.

Is there any alternative for this kind of PCC?.........we have both already obtained for Nigeria from Alagbon. Plus am already preparing application for mine from the UK, where I also studied.

Going to Sudan is far from being an option o, aside from the financial implications (like 400K), the Journey will be too demanding for her and my kid.
Can't you reach them via the Internet? And see what they have to say.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 234ng44uk(m): 8:23am On Feb 08, 2017
Hi everyone, I just received the decision of my MSA from EA after a very long wait. Can someone please confirm when is the next draw?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Folatem: 9:19am On Feb 08, 2017
234ng44uk:
Hi everyone, I just received the decision of my MSA from EA after a very long wait. Can someone please confirm when is the next draw?

15th February

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OzyMigrant: 9:46am On Feb 08, 2017
OzyMigrant:

Mhen! e be like sey na this PCC go be wahala for me o (am not there yet though). My wife had her MBBS from Sudan ( she was in and out the country for 6-yrs). I went to their embassy in Abuja to find out how we can get a PCC for her, they said she must travel down, even after explaining to them that she currently has a 2-month old baby on her hand.

Is there any alternative for this kind of PCC?.........we have both already obtained for Nigeria from Alagbon. Plus am already preparing application for mine from the UK, where I also studied.

Going to Sudan is far from being an option o, aside from the financial implications (like 400K), the Journey will be too demanding for her and my kid.

Please house, help read this in-between the lines. Considering the highlighted phrase, can I take it that since Sudan is not listed, I might not need to present PCC from there?

Link; http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Char

Police certificates

Police certificates are also known as a penal clearance certificate in some countries. If you need information regarding penal clearance/police certificates for a citizenship application refer to the information on the Good character and offences page on the citizenship website.
When is a police certificate required?

If you are over the age of 16 and have lived in any of the countries listed on this page for a total of one year or more in the last 10 years, you might be asked to get a police certificate from that country.
The certificate must cover the period of time from the issue date back to the age you ceased to be a minor, or must cover the whole time you were in a country.

Africa
Algeria, Angola​
Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi
Cameroon, Cape Verde, Comoros
Congo (Republic of), Congo (Democratic Republic of)
Djibouti
Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia
Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau
Ivory Coast​
Kenya
Lesotho, Liberia
Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritius​
Morocco, Mozambique
Namibia, Niger, Nigeria
Reunion, Rwanda
Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland
Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia
Uganda
Zambia, Zimbabwe​.

Asia-Pacific
Australia
Bangladesh, Brunei Darussalam, Burma (Myanmar)
Cambodia, China (People’s Republic of), Cook Islands
East Timor (Timor Leste)
Fiji, French Polynesia
Guam
Hong Kong
India, Indonesia
Japan
Kiribati, Korea (Republic of)
Laos
Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands (Republic of), Micronesia, Mongolia
Nauru, Nepal, New Caledonia, New Zealand​
Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Palau​
Samoa (US), Samoa (Western), Singapore, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka
Taiwan, Thailand, Tonga, Tuvalu
Vanuatu, Vietnam
Wallis and Futuna​.
Central America, South America and the Caribbean
Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina
Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Bolivia, Brazil
Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Curacao
Dominica, Dominican Republic
Ecuador, El Salvador
French Guiana
Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Guyana
Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica
Martinique, Montserrat
Nicaragua
Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico
Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname
Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands
Uruguay
Venezuela, Virgin Islands (British)
Central Asia
Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan
Tajikistan, Turkmenistan
Uzbekistan

Europe
Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan
Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria
Croatia, Cyprus (Republic of), Cyprus (Turkish occupied areas)
Czech Republic
Denmark (including Faroe Islands and Greenland)
Estonia
Finland, France
Georgia, Germany, Greece
Hungary
Iceland, Ireland, Italy
Kosovo
Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg
Macedonia (Former Yugoslav Republic of), Malta, Moldova
Monaco, Montenegro (Republic of)
Netherlands, Norway
Poland, Portugal
Romania, Russian Federation
San Marino, Serbia (Republic of), Slovak Republic
Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
Turkey
Ukraine, United Kingdom
Vatican City​

Middle East
Bahrain
Egypt
Iran
Israel
Jordan
Kuwait
Lebanon
Libya
Oman​
Palestinian Authority—West Bank and Gaza Strip
Qatar
Saudi Arabia
Syria
United Arab Emirates
Yemen

North America
Canada
Mexico
United States of America​​​
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 11:30am On Feb 08, 2017
234ng44uk:
What was the outcome?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 11:36am On Feb 08, 2017
mctowel01:
What was the outcome?
precisely what i was going to ask... outcome and breakdown of points
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 234ng44uk(m): 11:59am On Feb 08, 2017
"If a certificate cannot be obtained, or if a country is not listed on this page, please contact your nearest Australian Immigration overseas office for further information."

OzyMigrant:

Please house, help read this in-between the lines. Considering the highlighted phrase, can I take it that since Sudan is not listed, I might not need to present PCC from there?

Link; http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Char

Police certificates

Police certificates are also known as a penal clearance certificate in some countries. If you need information regarding penal clearance/police certificates for a citizenship application refer to the information on the Good character and offences page on the citizenship website.
When is a police certificate required?

If you are over the age of 16 and have lived in any of the countries listed on this page for a total of one year or more in the last 10 years, you might be asked to get a police certificate from that country.
The certificate must cover the period of time from the issue date back to the age you ceased to be a minor, or must cover the whole time you were in a country.

Africa
Algeria, Angola​
Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi
Cameroon, Cape Verde, Comoros
Congo (Republic of), Congo (Democratic Republic of)
Djibouti
Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia
Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau
Ivory Coast​
Kenya
Lesotho, Liberia
Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritius​
Morocco, Mozambique
Namibia, Niger, Nigeria
Reunion, Rwanda
Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland
Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia
Uganda
Zambia, Zimbabwe​.

Asia-Pacific
Australia
Bangladesh, Brunei Darussalam, Burma (Myanmar)
Cambodia, China (People’s Republic of), Cook Islands
East Timor (Timor Leste)
Fiji, French Polynesia
Guam
Hong Kong
India, Indonesia
Japan
Kiribati, Korea (Republic of)
Laos
Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands (Republic of), Micronesia, Mongolia
Nauru, Nepal, New Caledonia, New Zealand​
Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Palau​
Samoa (US), Samoa (Western), Singapore, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka
Taiwan, Thailand, Tonga, Tuvalu
Vanuatu, Vietnam
Wallis and Futuna​.
Central America, South America and the Caribbean
Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina
Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Bolivia, Brazil
Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Curacao
Dominica, Dominican Republic
Ecuador, El Salvador
French Guiana
Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Guyana
Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica
Martinique, Montserrat
Nicaragua
Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico
Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname
Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands
Uruguay
Venezuela, Virgin Islands (British)
Central Asia
Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan
Tajikistan, Turkmenistan
Uzbekistan

Europe
Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan
Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria
Croatia, Cyprus (Republic of), Cyprus (Turkish occupied areas)
Czech Republic
Denmark (including Faroe Islands and Greenland)
Estonia
Finland, France
Georgia, Germany, Greece
Hungary
Iceland, Ireland, Italy
Kosovo
Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg
Macedonia (Former Yugoslav Republic of), Malta, Moldova
Monaco, Montenegro (Republic of)
Netherlands, Norway
Poland, Portugal
Romania, Russian Federation
San Marino, Serbia (Republic of), Slovak Republic
Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
Turkey
Ukraine, United Kingdom
Vatican City​

Middle East
Bahrain
Egypt
Iran
Israel
Jordan
Kuwait
Lebanon
Libya
Oman​
Palestinian Authority—West Bank and Gaza Strip
Qatar
Saudi Arabia
Syria
United Arab Emirates
Yemen

North America
Canada
Mexico
United States of America​​​
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OzyMigrant: 12:01pm On Feb 08, 2017
Hello House!

I got an update from EA today asking to upload my Tax return for all the employment stated...........please, those who have scaled through, how did you go about this requirement? Is it compulsory? I have submitted all employment ref, payslips, pension details, and bank accounts details already.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 234ng44uk(m): 12:06pm On Feb 08, 2017
Successful, Professional Engineer (Washington Accord)
mctowel01:

What was the outcome?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jamson: 12:09pm On Feb 08, 2017
234ng44uk:
Successful, Professional Engineer (Washington Accord)

Bros, Professional Engineer on top wetin na

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 12:12pm On Feb 08, 2017
jamson:

i tire myself

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 234ng44uk(m): 12:15pm On Feb 08, 2017
Professional Engineering Qualifications (Washington Accord), does that make more sense to you?
jamson:

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jamson: 12:23pm On Feb 08, 2017
234ng44uk:
Professional Engineering Qualifications (Washington Accord), does that make more sense to you?

Thank God for your Washington Accord, but there is nothing like that on the SOL list. What we are interested in knowing (to be able to help determine your likely ITA date) is your aspect of Engineering....Mechanical? Electrical? Civil?

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 12:27pm On Feb 08, 2017
Abi? Pesin go sha professional ontop something

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 234ng44uk(m): 12:35pm On Feb 08, 2017
Mechanical. Sorry, I didn't quite get what you meant.
jamson:

Thank God for your Washington Accord, but there is nothing like that on the SOL list. What we are interested in knowing (to be able to help determine your likely ITA date) is your aspect of Engineering....Mechanical? Electrical? Civil?

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 12:39pm On Feb 08, 2017
Okay, and your Points?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jamson: 12:40pm On Feb 08, 2017
234ng44uk:

Correct! What is your EOI point?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 12:41pm On Feb 08, 2017
234ng44uk:

Do you have 70 points?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 234ng44uk(m): 12:41pm On Feb 08, 2017
bellong:

Do you have 70 points?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 12:47pm On Feb 08, 2017
Okay, to answer your question, next round is on Valentine's day, 14th February, 1pm UK time.... But don't worry yourself about the next round... The date of effect for Mechanical at 65 never shift reach 2017 at all
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 234ng44uk(m): 1:08pm On Feb 08, 2017
For real? Can you provide link please.
Bnimz:
Okay, to answer your question, next round is on Valentine's day, 14th February, 1pm UK time.... But don't worry yourself about the next round... The date of effect for Mechanical at 65 never shift reach 2017 at all
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 1:18pm On Feb 08, 2017

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 234ng44uk(m): 1:33pm On Feb 08, 2017
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Vinsmuft(m): 1:54pm On Feb 08, 2017
234ng44uk:
Thanks, that was helpful.

What they are trying to tell you is that if you have 65 then you will need to join the queue which is currently at 1/11/2016. You would then need to wait a while before it gets to your turn since your date of effect would be in 2017.

So to fast-track things for you, try to increase your points to 70 or more through English tests, spouse points, or state nomination. That way you are sure to jump the queue and get invited asap.

Best of luck.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 234ng44uk(m): 2:00pm On Feb 08, 2017
My profile:
Age 30 points
Education: 15 points
English: 20 points.
Total: 65 points.
I guess state nomination is my only option. Any advice on states to target.
Vinsmuft:

What they are trying to tell you is that if you have 65 then you will need to join the queue which is currently at 1/11/2016. You would then need to wait a while before it gets to your turn since your date of effect would be in 2017.

So to fast-track things for you, try to increase your points to 70 or more through English tests, spouse points, or state nomination. That way you are sure to jump the queue and get invited asap.

Best of luck.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Vinsmuft(m): 2:19pm On Feb 08, 2017
234ng44uk:
My profile:
Age 30 points
Education: 15 points
English: 20 points.
Total: 65 points.
I guess state nomination is my only option. Any advice on states to target.

Are you married? If so, your spouse could give you 5 points also.

As for state nomination, Mech Engr is on the priority list for New South Wales. Check out these links

http://www.industry.nsw.gov.au/live-and-work-in-nsw/visas-and-immigration/skilled-nominated-migration-190
http://www.industry.nsw.gov.au/live-and-work-in-nsw/visas-and-immigration/nsw-skilled-occupations-list

So you could submit another EOI for subclass 190 for New South Wales.

Best of luck.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SegunWamiri(m): 2:24pm On Feb 08, 2017
What if his spouse doesn't have her occupation in the same nominated occupation as his?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Vinsmuft(m): 2:39pm On Feb 08, 2017
SegunWamiri:
What if his spouse doesn't have her occupation in the same nominated occupation as his?

I think the requirement is that your spouse must nominate an occupation on the same skill occupation list as the principal applicant. What I believe that means is that if your occupation is on SOL, then your spouse's occupation must be on SOL also.

See the requirement below as copied from their site.

Partner skills
---------------
You can receive five points if, when you are invited to apply for this visa, your partner provides evidence that they:
were under 50 years of age
had at least competent English
had nominated an occupation on the same skilled occupation list as your nominated occupation
had been assessed by the relevant assessing authority as having suitable skills for the nominated occupation.

Unless I am missing something.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Tito19: 3:18pm On Feb 08, 2017
Pls I sent you a PM. Could you pls check and respond? Thanks
keleto:

@incemay.
Raphdouglas@yahoo.co.uk
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.