Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,272 members, 7,836,225 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (273) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1214047 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by akfemmy1(m): 5:30pm On May 15, 2017
please, what is PTE?
also help with the list of required documents all through the process

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by teewhysafe(f): 5:36pm On May 15, 2017
Seriously?

#GMPC grin..

akfemmy1:
please, what is PTE?

4 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kamal474: 5:52pm On May 15, 2017
I think u guys only reply to Nigerians
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zobay(m): 6:01pm On May 15, 2017
It Seems we don't have any one that has applied for actuary/mathematician/statistics in d house.

Can someone that studied statistics or mathematics apply for actuary?

What's the chance of getting positive assessment from vetassess?

Thank you
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 6:21pm On May 15, 2017
[quote author=Kamal474 post=56547586][/quote]

When you submitted for assessment with EA, did you asked for your experience to be assessed too?

Civil engineering is not as competitive as other Engineering occupations, why not assess as a civil engineer straight to prevent all these complications?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 6:25pm On May 15, 2017
zobay:
It Seems we don't have any one that has applied for actuary/mathematician/statistics in d house.

Thank you

Did you perform the functions of an actuarial scientists?

If you read vetasses website for general occupation requirements, you will read specific instructions about the occupation.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 6:26pm On May 15, 2017
Kamal474:

?

Your name doesn't even look foreign. Nigerians bear Kamal too.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 6:40pm On May 15, 2017
bellong:

When you submitted for assessment with EA, did you asked for your experience to be assessed too?

Civil engineering is not as competitive as other Engineering occupations, why not assess as a civil engineer straight to prevent all these complications?
In that case, with 60pts man can still hit 189 easypeezy I suppose?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 6:51pm On May 15, 2017
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by piusford: 7:21pm On May 15, 2017
Please how can Mechanical/Production Engineer (HND) get assessment from EA?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 7:27pm On May 15, 2017
Kamal474:

Do u see flags beside usernames

9 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 7:28pm On May 15, 2017
akfemmy1:
please, what is PTE?
teewhysafe:
Seriously?

#GMPC grin..

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by JERRYMAG4(m): 7:58pm On May 15, 2017
Guru in the house, please I need ur help especially from people who have scaled thru the huddles of ACS assessment. I need to arm myself to the teeth with adequate info before I apply for the assessment. I don't want any story with this fx. I just want to ask if I can copy directly from the ACS website the job descriptions I saw there for different fields. I am applying for ICT business analyst. My employer has given me that opportunity to add or substract from my job descriptions that will suite my purpose. Please help if you have this info.

Cc
Bellong.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by disectur(m): 8:02pm On May 15, 2017
doyen06:
I got my NSW approval after 5 working days,all glory be to almighty God. Thanks to some old members who have helped from
Day 1-Bellong,ayaboyo, bossladymo,scrollmeout,nnbb1, fermandiko and kikiade to mention but a few. The journey has just started.

Hi, You're a web designer, right? Im a graphic designer with 50 points, just waiting for vetassess so i can claim 10 - 15 employment points. I am also applying for NSW Stream 2. We should connect before we both leave to Aussie by Gods grace
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 8:17pm On May 15, 2017
JERRYMAG4:
Guru in the house, please I need ur help especially from people who have scaled thru the huddles of ACS assessment. I need to arm myself to the teeth with adequate info before I apply for the assessment. I don't want any story with this fx. I just want to ask if I can copy directly from the ACS website the job descriptions I saw there for different fields. I am applying for ICT business analyst. My employer has given me that opportunity to add or substract from my job descriptions that will suite my purpose. Please help if you have this info.

Cc
Bellong.

Pls don't try to copy it ... it's called Plagiarism and that's an offense that can lead to ban from ACS or DIBP.

That's said... For ICT business analyst. Comb this thread Wella, I think bolaobby assessed same,

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 8:37pm On May 15, 2017
Kamal474:
I s
Just apply as a civil engineer. Inude all your work experience along. Since you have 7.5 years experience as a civil engineer, it should not be a problem.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 8:47pm On May 15, 2017
duuduu:
@bellong @doyen06 @all I need your candid advice about situation
I have done my ACS assessment for COMPUTER NETWORK AND SYSTEMS ENGINEER it is as follows:

Qualification : AQF degree .... 15 points
Experience: 4years............... 5 points
PROFICIENT ENGLISH(PTE)...10 Points

In all I have 60 points , should I go for NSW nomination? what do u advice... i heard the occupation has reached the ceiling , should i wait till july when there will be a reset? I need your candid advice here , thank you

Yes go for nsw and while your on the queue, try to get more point from
English language as it will better your chance come July.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 8:55pm On May 15, 2017
JERRYMAG4:

Cc
Bellong.

PM me, I can share my letter with you and you will see how I paraprahsed the duties. Also I'll advice that you take it easy assessing for ICT business analyst, it's number 1 ACS profession to avoid except you have high point say 65 minimum. Check your transcript very well and see other closely related occupation. I rushed to assess for it too and I got positive but without invite for over a year.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 8:57pm On May 15, 2017
disectur:

Hi, You're a web designer, right? Im a graphic designer with 50 points, just waiting for vetassess so i can claim 10 - 15 employment points. I am also applying for NSW Stream 2. We should connect before we both leave to Aussie by Gods grace

I pray you get a positive assessment and sure. Y Gods grace we will connect.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Jbelieve: 8:59pm On May 15, 2017
akereconfi:
Hello guys, I'm at the stage of IELTS and was adviced start gathering my documents (Police report from the UK since i did my BSc there and also Police report from Nigeria)

I've applied for the one from the UK and about to go for the Nigerian own.

Please am I to go to any Police station and request for Police criminal certificate. ?

I'm in Port Harcourt and wanted to go to the Head Quarters at Moscow Road.

Can it be done online, please who ever has done theirs , please how did you go about it, what documents did they ask and how much did it cost

Hi please can you let me know about how you applied for UK PCC and how much it cost.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 9:44pm On May 15, 2017
Alphadoor:

Brilliant question! Oyah, answer nah. Person go come answer wetin hin no sabi & mislead a bearded man like you grin
Alphadoor:

Brilliant question! Oyah, answer nah. Person go come answer wetin hin no sabi & mislead a bearded man like you
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 9:47pm On May 15, 2017
[quote author=JERRYMAG4 post=56553689] Don't forget to paraphrase oh...

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OlalekanKad(m): 10:21pm On May 15, 2017
piusford:
Please how can Mechanical/Production Engineer (HND) get assessment from EA?

Bro, you won't be able to use HND for Mechanical Engineer assessment with EA. Mechanical Engineering is Skill Level 1 and the equivalent education to use is at least a Bachelor Degree. HND is an associate degree which is Skill level 2 and you can only claim Mechanical Engineering Draftperson with HND which ofcourse is not on independent skilled occupation list.

My advice: Please go for TRA assessment, it is even the best route for all Mechanical HND holders. HND is not equivalent to BSC in Australia...Aussie is not United States that equate HND to BSC. I have OND, HND, BSC Mechanical so I know about the struggle bro. Go go TRAAAAAAAAAAAA.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 11:08pm On May 15, 2017
Jbelieve:

Hi please can you let me know about how you applied for UK PCC and how much it cost.

You can do it online these days..

https://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

It costs 45 quid and its ready after 10 days..if you want it in 2 days, you'll pay 80..

International delivery will cost you 48 quid and its through Royal Mail..

I hope this helps..
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kamal474: 11:27pm On May 15, 2017
[quote author=bellong post=56551075]

[well I have already submitted as engineering manager coz civil engineering is flagged and reaching ceiling very fast, my question was related to the aspect that engineering manager is supposed to have worked in his basic engineering before to be considered as engineering manager, this makes occupation as civil engineer related to engineering manager, I am not very clear about how experience is calculated by DIBP? What is the procedure? Do they consider experience of closely related occupations? And thanks for clearing the air, it was just the lighter part when I said it regarding Nigerians @bellong
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by JERRYMAG4(m): 11:28pm On May 15, 2017
doyen06:

PM me, I can share my letter with you and you will see how I paraprahsed the duties. Also I'll advice that you take it easy assessing for ICT business analyst, it's number 1 ACS profession to avoid except you have high point say 65 minimum. Check your transcript very well and see other closely related occupation. I rushed to assess for it too and I got positive but without invite for over a year.

Thanks bro. So maybe I should just go for System analyst. From the description given, they are similar.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kamal474: 11:29pm On May 15, 2017
mctowel01:

Just apply as a civil engineer. Inude all your work experience along. Since you have 7.5 years experience as a civil engineer, it should not be a problem.

I have already applied as engineering manager with 13 years of total experience bro
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kamal474: 11:31pm On May 15, 2017
bellong:

well I have already submitted as engineering manager coz civil engineering is flagged and reaching ceiling very fast, my question was related to the aspect that engineering manager is supposed to have worked in his basic engineering before to be considered as engineering manager, this makes occupation as civil engineer related to engineering manager, I am not very clear about how experience is calculated by DIBP? What is the procedure? Do they consider experience of closely related occupations? And thanks for clearing the air, it was just the lighter part when I said it regarding Nigerians @bellong
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kamal474: 11:35pm On May 15, 2017
mctowel01:

I have already applied as engineering manager, coz I am an engineering manager , my postgraduate degree and PMP suggest that, the I have had in mind is not knowing procedure that dibp use to calculate experience, do they consider closely related experience or not
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sunvick(m): 11:37pm On May 15, 2017
Like she advised, If you can hit 65points then go for either of them (Business Analyst or System Analyst). ICT has reached its occupation ceiling. Do all you can so you can join the queue of early birds starting from July the new calendar year.

SV

JERRYMAG4:

Thanks bro. So maybe I should just go for System analyst. From the description given, they are similar.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by izykvision0: 11:56pm On May 15, 2017
zobay:

Thank you

I studied Statistics. Dont venture assessing under Actuary or Mathematics if you studied pure statistics. It's a sure negative outcome, even if u went to Havard. The 3 paths are close , but have very different course contents.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 12:05am On May 16, 2017
Kamal474:
Hello everyone, can someone please guide me regarding engineers Australia assessment system, I have applied as an engineering manager, in msa guide of EA, it is written that an engineering manager should typically have seven years of experience in his basic engineering field to show competencies as engineering manager, I have submitted episodes in which I show 7.5 years as civil engineer working on sites and 5.5 years as engineering manager, a total of 13 years, my question is that if this assesment comes through can I claim 15 points for experience as engineering manager or will I be only able to use 5.5 years of experience? I believe that it's overall experience in the occupation plus the related occupation, please apprise, regards
Well, since you ve already applied, there is nothing much you can do. Besides, your management experience is about 5.5 years, and in my opinion, I dont think EA will consider the non managerial roles. I advise you just keep calm and await the assessment outcome, you dont know if some years may be deducted or added to your already claimed 5.5 years managerial experience. I can't tell and I doubt whether EA will consider the non managerial experience, but who knows.

(1) (2) (3) ... (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.