Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,170 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (328) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1204909 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 11:09pm On Jun 30, 2017
crest2j:
Hello fellow NL How do I contact IOM and what is the name of there website?

Which visa are you on?
kehinde1947:

he said its 2 years employment visa.

Ask him for the visa subclass
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by disectur(m): 12:16am On Jul 01, 2017
Good morning my people.
There's a positive update on my earlier timeline. I have been in holy shock since things started to move fast.

NSW Invitation to Apply Stream 2: June 22, 2017
NSW Application: June 26, 2017
NSW Nomination: June 28, 2017
DIBP Invitation to Apply: June 28, 2017
Medicals and Police Report for me, wife and child: 3rd week of July 2017
VISA I90 Application: End of July 2017
GRANT:?
DATE OF FIRST ENTRY: Feb/March 2018?
disectur:
Hello, Aussie Family.
I've been following this thread for weeks and although my journey is still incomplete, only now am I confident enough to share my timeline.

July 2015: Left Nigeria for the first time on a 2 day visit to Dubai and knew I, my family and my nation deserved a better life. Travelled again to the US in June 2016 and my decision to leave permanently became an obsession. After flirting with New Zealand, Australia became my ONLY logical choice.

IELTS GENERAL: July 22, 2015 - (L6.5,W7,R7,S7)
Skill Assessment for Graphic Designer lodged with Vetassess ($810AUD): Dec 13, 2016
Vetassess Positive Outcome: Feb 10, 2017 (but out of 8 years experience, I was only deemed skilled for 2.6 years)
IELTS GENERAL: April 8, 2017 - (L8.5,W7,R7.5,S8)
Vetassess Reassessment lodged ($450 AUD): April 20, 2017
Vetassess Reassessment Positive Outcome : May 31, 2017 (5.4 years which equals 10 points)
EOI Submission Subclass 190 NSW Stream 2: June 1, 2017 (60 points plus 5 state nomination points)
NSW Invitation to Apply Stream 2:?
NSW Nomination:?
DIBP Invitation to Apply:?
Medicals and Police Report for me, wife and child:?
VISA I90 Application:?
DATE OF FIRST ENTRY: 2018?

Now I am in a mode of per second prayer.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by lakola: 12:22am On Jul 01, 2017
OlalekanKad:
Bros PM me, I know someone who lives in waga waga and for how many days will you be wanting to stay? you know people like their privacy and it won't be nice one turn to mario when someone offers to help you with their living space. I will talk to the person on your behalf and he is also on this forumn, am sure he will help.

Sent you a mail Sir.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SegunWamiri(m): 4:19am On Jul 01, 2017
kehinde1947:

he said its 2 years employment visa.

Chai! I hope you haven't paid him in advance. Let him tell you the SUBCLASS OF VISA.. If he can't answer that, please no near airport ooo angry
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by kehinde1947(m): 4:33am On Jul 01, 2017
iceberg54:

hope you never pay sha. ......
I did not pay him, he said i will pay him after the visa is out, and their company will be the one to buy the air ticket also. mine is just to pay after i confirmed everything.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 5:00am On Jul 01, 2017
doyen06:

Don't bother doing another assessment. Both business and system analyst are more competitive than developer programmer. I'll advice you gather more point for 189 or simply fill a seperate Eoi for and pick NSW as your preferred state, you might get state nomination.
@elirab.. I couldn't agree more
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 5:49am On Jul 01, 2017
Please i need PTE _A practice materials
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ogbevireo(m): 6:35am On Jul 01, 2017
Good morning all.
Kindly go through the links for changes announced.

http://www.border.gov.au/News/Pages/july-web-changes.aspx

As hinted some time back, visa fees have changed.
http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Fees

see specific changes to subclass 189.
http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/189-

see specific to changes to subclass 190.
http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/190-

The points table.
http://www.border.gov.au/visas/supporting/Pages/skilled/the-points-table.aspx

I have refrained from putting the changes in my own words, hence the links.
I do hope this comes in helpful.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 6:53am On Jul 01, 2017
disectur:
Good morning my people.
There's a positive update on my earlier timeline. I have been in holy shock since things started to move fast.

NSW Invitation to Apply Stream 2: June 22, 2017
NSW Application: June 26, 2017
NSW Nomination: June 28, 2017
DIBP Invitation to Apply: June 28, 2017
Medicals and Police Report for me, wife and child: 3rd week of July 2017
VISA I90 Application: End of July 2017
DATE OF FIRST ENTRY: Feb/March 2018?
congrats and godspeed

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Michaelamo: 7:33am On Jul 01, 2017
yungmin:
please, someone should help me with a sample CPD (Continuous professional development) report for EA assessment. thanks.
Please send to joenakoko@gmail.com

Pm me.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 8:28am On Jul 01, 2017
BADNEAT:
Please i need PTE _A practice materials
Send me a mail....just add atyahoodotcom to my id.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by kehinde1947(m): 8:48am On Jul 01, 2017
SegunWamiri:

Chai! I hope you haven't paid him in advance. Let him tell you the SUBCLASS OF VISA.. If he can't answer that, please no near airport ooo angry
I did not pay him, he said i will pay him after the visa is out, and their company will be the one to buy the air ticket also. mine is just to pay after i confirmed everything.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 9:06am On Jul 01, 2017
kehinde1947:

How much are you paying for it?

What is your qualification?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Solitin40: 9:23am On Jul 01, 2017

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Vivebere: 9:44am On Jul 01, 2017

[/b]
bellong:
In summary, find below the steps in applying...

1. Check if your occupation is on MLTSSL/STSOL or nominate a closely related occupation that you can prove. Also check the quota percentage to know if you still stand a chance. You can search for occupations and assessment info on www.anzscosearch.com & Dibp site.

2. Write English test (PTE, IELTS, Toefl) based on your preference and your skill assessment body requirement.

3. Check your assessment requirement from your assessing body and submit your application providing them with the necessary documents.

4. Calculate your points based on your situation.

5. Submit your EOI if you have up to 60 points and wait for invitation.

6. Lodge visa and make payment after invitation. Frontload medicals, PCC and form 80 may help fasten your processing.

[b]
NB

For some occupations like Doctors, Nurses,(Most medical and health related professions), Social workers, Lawyers and Psychologists, you will first need to be registered with the registration body of each profession before you can start Permanent resident visa processing. Some require that you write some exams before you are registered while some don't. Detailed information can be found on the body's website.
I am a Medical Laboratory Scientist and I'm based in Nigeria. How can I get registered with the registration body from here
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 01, 2017
Hello everyone.im new here but ve read through the comments.i have two questions or clarifications to make from my dear gurus:
1. If my nominated occupation has reached it's ceiling (Ict business analyst) can I still express Interest using visa category 189 or would it be possible only with 190?will they be consiering my eoi under category 189 at all?can i do both 190 and 189?what so you advise?
2.how long did it take those that assesses with ACS to get thier assessment result assuming you provided all the info they require?
I will appreciate your response because I want to make some estimates.thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 01, 2017
Ehen then please Is there a particular amount I must have in my account/stocks eye before my pr visa application is granted?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:13am On Jul 01, 2017
Vivebere:

[b][/b] I am a Medical Laboratory Scientist and I'm based in Nigeria. How can I get registered with the registration body from here

CC: Oknee

The person copied has more information. She is a medical laboratory scientist.

@Misoke,

A ceiling is just starting. The one you saw was for last financial year. New year starts today.

From comments here, ACS turn around is between 2-4weeks.

There is no requirement for proof of fund except you some states for those who seek state nomination.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 01, 2017

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 11:22am On Jul 01, 2017
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cecegal: 12:59pm On Jul 01, 2017
Good morning,
Were they closed before?We submitted an application in June and they acknowledged receipt do we need to submit another one?�

quote author=Alphadoor post=58013434]Victoria State Nomination is now open for FY17/18

http://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au/visas-and-immigrating/skilled-visas/skilled-nominated-visa-subclass-190#.WVd3f58o_qA [/quote]
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by kehinde1947(m): 2:15pm On Jul 01, 2017
bellong:

How much are you paying for it?

What is your qualification?

The company said 2 million naira to be payable 10 times because they are the one to make arrangement for everything. i have National diploma in Quantity surveying.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by adeomoade: 2:47pm On Jul 01, 2017
Get more info on AIMS assessment on the link below:
https://www.aims.org.au/documents/item/88
jaybwoi:

Are you asking about how to get 'assessed'?

Getting 'registered' and getting 'assessed' are two different things oo

What stage are you at? Have you written an English test within the last 2 years? If yes, what English test is that and what are your scores?

How many years of work experience do you have (Inclusive of internship & NYSC)?

What is your age?

I'm also a Medical Laboratory Scientist
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 2:49pm On Jul 01, 2017
They were closed for ICT occupations, didn't know other occupation were allowed
Thanks

Cecegal:
Good morning,
Were they closed before?We submitted an application in June and they acknowledged receipt do we need to submit another one?�

quote author=Alphadoor post=58013434]Victoria State Nomination is now open for FY17/18

http://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au/visas-and-immigrating/skilled-visas/skilled-nominated-visa-subclass-190#.WVd3f58o_qA
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by lalaazo: 3:06pm On Jul 01, 2017
kehinde1947:

The company said 2 million naira to be payable 10 times because they are the one to make arrangement for everything. i have National diploma in Quantity surveying.
***Caveat: This screams scam in my own opinion but why no use a MARA agent if you are so inclined to use an agent. However be rest assured folks here are equally up to the task of assisting you; provided you drop your concise profile.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jul 01, 2017
@Misoke,

A ceiling is just starting. The one you saw was for last financial year. New year starts today.

From comments here, ACS turn around is between 2-4weeks.

There is no requirement for proof of fund except you some states for those who seek state nomination.[/quote]

Yaay!...2 to 4 weeks not bad.another ceiling starts to day great!are you saying i would not need to prove i have complete funds when doing the main application (after eoi has gone tru?)...thought that would be a major req
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SegunWamiri(m): 3:44pm On Jul 01, 2017
kehinde1947:

Time wasters. Please don't let them waste your time and slow down your progress. Let them tell you what subclass of visa it is, then read up on it. If they can't tell you anything else than Work Visa, withdraw your application and documents from them and let's see how Nairaland folks could be of help. Cheers.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SegunWamiri(m): 3:48pm On Jul 01, 2017
Misoke:

Yaay!...2 to 4 weeks not bad.another ceiling starts to day great!are you saying i would not need to prove i have complete funds when doing the main application (after eoi has gone tru?)...thought that would be a major req

Nope. Not a major requirement except when seeking sponsorship from Northern territory and Queensland. Though one is advised to have a 6 month settlement fund just in case

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mabeline1: 4:31pm On Jul 01, 2017
To add to what Segun said on POF, Brisbane (Queensland) and Western Australia that's Perth require proof of fund.

SegunWamiri:

Nope. Not a major requirement except when seeking sponsorship from Northern territory and Tasmania. Though one is advised to have a 6 month settlement fund just in case

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SegunWamiri(m): 4:51pm On Jul 01, 2017
mabeline1:

To add to what Segun said on POF, Brisbane (Queensland) and Western Australia that's Perth require proof of fund.

Oh really @ WA? Didn't know o. It's becoming quite a number of them that has begun to make it a requirement then
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Rett0: 5:12pm On Jul 01, 2017
First Draw July 2016-17= 2,202
First Draw July 2017-18=1,000
Second draw July 2017-18=1,000

Hope all is well.....
Is this an indication that an higher score will be required to get an ITA?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jul 01, 2017
Brothers and Sisters,
I salute you all.
Abeg your boy needs reference on Agric consultant. Your help is deeply appreciated.

(1) (2) (3) ... (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.