Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (359) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1206086 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jul 24, 2017
@koleefem05 no vex (Iruko lohun ro o) .
@Rooneyboy abeg control your temper small ooo. U C the moment wey u decide to ask for help here eeeh u Don become part of the FAM be dat.

The truth be sey no one knows it all, we try to help each oda based on the informations we gathered from oda forum, DIPB website, Assessors, individual and collective experiences so dia for if @koleefem05 word pain u Jo baba oko mi fi owo wonu ki o jebu re. Please, your choice of words no dey welcomed at all. Deep inside of U residents untapped potential( permit me to use DAT oyinbo). Abeg no let dis tidy mistake deprive U of ur Oz dream, so try read page1-5 first ooooo

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 11:06pm On Jul 24, 2017
OzyMigrant:

No in my own case...........same was imprinted in almost all the documents I used for EA (+ve) and visa lodgement (in progress).

But the dpi it's giving ain't up to 300, though docs are quite clear. Does it matter or is there a way I can set it to 300dpi? Currently giving me 96

Baba OzyMigrant attend pls
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 11:47pm On Jul 24, 2017
@Nkechima,

You sabi Yoruba well to even know how to write it.. Good...

OGIYEN:
Pls the link to that,the occupation is mechanical engineering HND,worked as 2nd and 3rd in vessels with a work experience of about 6yrs.thanks bellong

I don't really understand what you have written.

What is your question?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Teejah80: 12:51am On Jul 25, 2017
[quote author=OzyMigrant post=58788698]

Trust you didn't read my comment right bro....."front-loading doesn't NECESSARILY translate to a direct Grant".
He bro,I sent a mail to DIBP as per application status,na auto reply I got,saying application to be review in 28 days.don't understand DIBP.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by lalaazo: 1:33am On Jul 25, 2017
OzyMigrant:

Saw it this morning, the thing weak me no be small!!!!

When last did you here from GSM/CO?
it's been 90days now after lodgment (CO Contact:June 13,2017);Status now shows : Assessment in progress. cry
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OzyMigrant: 6:24am On Jul 25, 2017
@teejah80;

There's nothing to worry about, it depends on when you supplied the last required information - if it's up to 28days ago, then it might have been attended to, except the case is caught up in the newly released time line.

You are likely to get a real update from them within two weeks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OzyMigrant: 6:34am On Jul 25, 2017
lalaazo:

it's been 90days now after lodgment (CO Contact:June 13,2017);Status now shows : Assessment in progress. cry

When did you supply the required information?

If it's up to 6weeks you can send them a reminder........It might take them ages to reply but they sure will advice you on the status of your application.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OzyMigrant: 6:45am On Jul 25, 2017
jayooh:

But the dpi it's giving ain't up to 300, though docs are quite clear. Does it matter or is there a way I can set it to 300dpi? Currently giving me 96

Baba OzyMigrant attend pls

To be honest I never checked resolutions - as you know, the outputs are usually incredibly clear.

Why not go the conventional scanning way if not comfortable.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 7:39am On Jul 25, 2017
OzyMigrant:

To be honest I never checked resolutions - as you know, the outputs are usually incredibly clear.

Why not go the conventional scanning way if not comfortable.

It's quite clear though, just wanted to clarify if yours was same in resolution output or I need to change a setting somewhere. Thanks all d same
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sofi05(m): 8:57am On Jul 25, 2017
Hi all!
My wife is one of my secondary applicants. When we applied in January she had her old passport in her maiden name. Now we applied for a change of name and a new passport has been issued. How do I notify DIBP? Remember it is a case of change of name and also passport no.
Thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 9:11am On Jul 25, 2017
Alphadoor:
HI e-fam,

What type of certificate does an Hairdresser need for Migration purpose.

What Authority issue this certificate in Nigeria

The person in question is already practicing the trade as a stylist in a good saloon but not the owner.

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 9:17am On Jul 25, 2017
EoI's supposed to be rolling in today, let's flood the thread with joy ooh. Make una no cover the cooked yam with hand o
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cottyekundayo(m): 9:19am On Jul 25, 2017
jayooh:
EoI's supposed to be rolling in today, let's flood the thread with joy ooh. Make una no cover the cooked yam with hand o
ITA NI!

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 9:43am On Jul 25, 2017
Cottyekundayo:

ITA NI!
Yes ITA ni, the output of EoI
So what's the update? Abi time never reach?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cottyekundayo(m): 10:13am On Jul 25, 2017
jayooh:

Yes ITA ni, the output of EoI
So what's the update? Abi time never reach?
Few Hours LO KU!!!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by greeneophyte: 10:17am On Jul 25, 2017
Guys,

I just received an IMMI Assessment Commencement E-Mail about two hours ago (I applied 10 May) just when I was about sending DIBP a reminder as advised by Ozymigrant. Well, no document is requested in the mail. I guess I have to wait now.

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:29am On Jul 25, 2017
jayooh:

It is in the midnight Wednesday Australian time which falls on Tuesday in GMT + 1 zone.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 10:43am On Jul 25, 2017
bellong:

It is in the midnight Wednesday Australian time which falls on Tuesday in GMT + 1 zone.

3PM to be precise grin

@azy123.... Tick tock my brother
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ZoeW: 10:58am On Jul 25, 2017
Finally, after what seems like an eternity I have gotten a positive assessment from ACS for ICT Business Analyst (ANZSCO 261111). A big thank you to Azy123 and Alphadoor for your help. God bless una!!

I got 20 points from my PTE done 2 weeks ago (after a battle with IELTS) so we are good to go. EOI submitted.

But as we all know in this process there is always one k-leg or the other so house please advice me: Since I went through the RPL route, ACS did not assess my degree, rather the assessed a professional qualification which I have as follows:

Your Certified Information Systems Auditor from Information Systems Audit and Control Association completed October 2014 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Diploma with a Major in computing.

This gives me 10 points instead of 15. So I have 70 points with a break down below:

Age - 30
English - 20
Experience - 10
Education - 10

Let me inform the house that this ANZSCO code is very competitive and people with 75 points were not invited last round. Do you think I should get my degree assessed by VETASSESS? How long does it take on average? Or should I wait it out till number for this ANZSCO drops? (How long would that take?) Abi to do state nomination? I am just confused right now.

Hoping for ideas guys. Thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ZoeW: 11:00am On Jul 25, 2017
mamajaz:

Talk of rugged faith, immovable faith, unshakable trust in God...I love the spirit.
Yes o!! That's all we have! Our own is to do our part and leave the rest for Him to do!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by greeneophyte: 11:05am On Jul 25, 2017
greeneophyte:
Guys,

I just received an IMMI Assessment Commencement E-Mail about two hours ago (I applied 10 May) just when I was about sending DIBP a reminder as advised by Ozymigrant. Well, no document is requested in the mail. I guess I have to wait now.

Guys I just did some google search on this immi assessment commencement email and I got confusing interpretations. Anyone with a better understanding on what this email is about. Does it means I have to wait longer for further processing?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by salt1: 11:17am On Jul 25, 2017
bellong:
You will begin to ask yourself, what do I do after knowing how the points are calculated. The first step is to know whether your skill/occupation is among the skills/occupation required or needed for migration. There are two (2) types of list which I will explain below.

1. Skilled Occupation List (SOL)... Find the link below

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists/SOL

2. Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List (CSOL).... Find the link below.

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists/CSOL

[b] With effect from 19 April, 2017, the SOL/CSOL lists have been replaced with Medium and Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) and Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL). Continue reading for links and details.

Where your occupation is in any of the two lists will determine what subclass you can apply for. If you see your occupation in MLTSSL list, you can apply for subclass 189, if it is on STSOL list, you can apply for either 190 or 489 which are states/regional areas sponsored visa. However, you can find your occupation in both list, it means you can apply for any of the three if you don't meet up to 60 points on your own, you will need either 5 or 10 points from State or Regional area as the case may be.

1. If you are applying for Visa subclass(es) 189, 489 (Family Nominated) or 485 (Graduate work stream), you must nominate an occupation on the Medium and Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL). Find link below

http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists/mltssl

In the MLTSSL list, there are 16 occupations with double asterisk. This means that these occupations are not available for a 457 sponsored visa in the new structure.

2. Although there is no separate list for Short-Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL), however there is a combined list of eligible occupations for those seeking to apply for Visa subclass(es) 190 and 489 (State or Territory nominated). These two are our business on the list. Below is the link to the list

http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists/combined-stsol-mltssl

If your occupation can only be found in the combined occupation list (STSOL), it means you require a state or territory government to sponsor you. The link below has the websites of all the States. Check each to confirm if your occupation is being sponsored by any state.
https://skillselect.govspace.gov.au/2013/04/26/i-am-seeking-state-or-territory-government-nomination

[/b]

On the list, in front of each occupation is ANZSCO code and Assessing authority. The code is the occupation code for easy reference and the assessing authority is the body responsible for assessing your claimed skill/occupation and qualification.

Once you find your occupation on any of the list and in the case of STSOL, there is a state sponsoring it, go to the assessing authority website to know requirements needed for your assessment. Each assessing authority has different requirements, so it is not a one size fits all. All the assessing authority can be reached by clicking them on any of the list (it will direct you to their website). Below is the link to all the assessing authorities.
http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/assessing-authorities

Some assessing authorities require that you meet a minimum level in English language by writing IELTS/TOEFL/OET/PTE while some do not require English language score. Detailed information can be found on your assessing authority's website.

Because you need points from English language test, there is no rule as which is to do first, either write English or assess your skill. However, for those that their assessing authority requires English language test, you must write one first before submitting application for assessment. If your body doesn't need the test before assessment, you can write later or same time as assessment. Endeavour to score at least a proficient score as outlined above to get minimum of 10 points depending on your circumstances.

Once you get a positive response/assessment from your assessing authority, you are 80% done with the application. Next step is to fill in the Expression of Interest which can be found in the link here https://skillselect.gov.au/SKILLSELECT/ExpressionOfInterest/PreReg/Start

After filling the EOI, wait to be invited, once invited, apply for your visa... do medical test and police report, then wait for your visa approval, which unlike before is no longer slow to be approved.

If you are diligent and follow the process through, it should take you maximum of 9 months from scratch to visa approval going by the current trend...
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 11:23am On Jul 25, 2017
bellong:

OK thanks. Thats afternoon right here
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 11:25am On Jul 25, 2017
Cottyekundayo:

Few Hours LO KU!!!
Iroyin Ayo yio po
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Michaelamo: 11:49am On Jul 25, 2017
ZoeW:
Finally, after what seems like an eternity I have gotten a positive assessment from ACS for ICT Business Analyst (ANZSCO 261111). A big thank you to Azy123 and Alphadoor for your help. God bless una!!

I got 20 points from my PTE done 2 weeks ago (after a battle with IELTS) so we are good to go. EOI submitted.

But as we all know in this process there is always one k-leg or the other so house please advice me: Since I went through the RPL route, ACS did not assess my degree, rather the assessed a professional qualification which I have as follows:

Your Certified Information Systems Auditor from Information Systems Audit and Control Association completed October 2014 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Diploma with a Major in computing.

This gives me 10 points instead of 15. So I have 70 points with a break down below:

Age - 30
English - 20
Experience - 10
Education - 10

Let me inform the house that this ANZSCO code is very competitive and people with 75 points were not invited last round. Do you think I should get my degree assessed by VETASSESS? How long does it take on average? Or should I wait it out till number for this ANZSCO drops? (How long would that take?) Abi to do state nomination? I am just confused right now.

Nice one, about the PTE exam. Please I will need some info from you. I have sent a PM. Thanks in advance.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 25, 2017
ZoeW:

Yes o!! That's all we have! Our own is to do our part and leave the rest for Him to do!
Yes o...just like I've finally done my PTE-A too. Over to God now. #GOE.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Phlunter01: 12:28pm On Jul 25, 2017
ZoeW:

Age - 30
English - 20
Experience - 10
Education - 10

@ZoeW, In my opinion, i will advice you go for state nomination depending on the states that sponsor the nominated occupation, reason being that VETASSESS might take a while, and they do not assess degree in isolation. the only way they will assess your degree alone in Point test assessment is if you have been referred to them by a particular assessing body https://www.vetassess.com.au/skills-assessment-for-migration/points-test-advice (i stand to be corrected oh)
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ZoeW: 12:49pm On Jul 25, 2017
Phlunter01:

@ZoeW, In my opinion, i will advice you go for state nomination depending on the states that sponsor the nominated occupation, reason being that VETASSESS might take a while, and they do not assess degree in isolation. the only way they will assess your degree alone in Point test assessment is if you have been referred to them by a particular assessing body https://www.vetassess.com.au/skills-assessment-for-migration/points-test-advice (i stand to be corrected oh)
Thank you. I have updated my EOI and selected NSW. I even think am sef, to spend $230 for VETASSESS and wait for at least 4-6 weeks for additional 5 points? It doesn't seem worth it. Make I carry my 'diploma' dey go!! grin
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by junebaby: 12:59pm On Jul 25, 2017
With all the silence by dipb and all. Should I continue with assessment, just starting out.

Also anyone who recently got transcript from oou should please help with any leads and assistance. I can't go personally.

Thank you
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OzyMigrant: 1:09pm On Jul 25, 2017
greeneophyte:

Guys I just did some google search on this immi assessment commencement email and I got confusing interpretations. Anyone with a better understanding on what this email is about. Does it means I have to wait longer for further processing?

It means your file has just been assigned to a CO......he/she will contact you (only God knows when) if u need to supply further document or approve your file for a direct Grant.

Your application status should have changed to ASSESSMENT IN PROGRESS now from RECIEVED.

But this your case get as e be o........Just being assigned CO since May 10. Mine was assign within 3weeks back in March.

This goes a long way to show that GSM processing time has long been prolonged before updating it on their site yesterday. Only God knows what the real current processing time is.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OzyMigrant: 1:11pm On Jul 25, 2017
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 1:20pm On Jul 25, 2017
Aal iz well

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.