Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,294 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (366) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1214184 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 10:08pm On Jul 28, 2017
Diggy4real, how was your PTE-A?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tobe4real(m): 10:11pm On Jul 28, 2017
bblessed:
Please I need someone to help out. If I have accounting background(bSC) and later enrolled for bachelor in nursing graduate entry two years in Australia. Please how visible is it to get PR with the two years nursing graduate entry after studies. Thanks
are you currently doing this course in Australia?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Eladua(m): 10:30pm On Jul 28, 2017
icon2:
@ fuller86

Thanks for the response. Please when did you apply.?Secondly I'm getting cold feet because info from expatforum says it sometimes difficult to get a positive assessment from TRA and they take like ages to respond.

What's your experience like?

Thanks

Yes it takes about 2-3 months before you get their outcome, and yes TRA can be strict but I got a positive outcome with a BSc from them.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by diggy4real: 11:16pm On Jul 28, 2017
mamajaz:

@Mama bought the voucher, yet to fix a date ooo....still doing "check and balance"- I mean more preparation. Hopefully, before nextweek runs out.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 12:00am On Jul 29, 2017
bblessed:
Please I need someone to help out. If I have accounting background(bSC) and later enrolled for bachelor in nursing graduate entry two years in Australia. Please how visible is it to get PR with the two years nursing graduate entry after studies. Thanks

If you enrol for the course in Australia, after the 2 years/end of the course, you are entitled to a graduate visa. With that visa, you can work towards PR

It's a point based system
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cottyekundayo(m): 12:06am On Jul 29, 2017
diggy4real:

@Mama bought the voucher, yet to fix a date ooo....still doing "check and balance"- I mean more preparation. Hopefully, before nextweek runs out.
There is no real preparation until you have a date. You will be surprised at how your prep will go when you commit your money. I had to change my test date and the thought of having paid extra for change of date gave me some inspiration + I didn't want to waste the money I didn't really have at that time.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cottyekundayo(m): 12:09am On Jul 29, 2017
koleefem05:

I don't need it for assessment.
Yes! A minimum of 65 across band is required to have 10 points in the Australia PR point test nomination
Maybe you should aim for minimum 79+ cross bands. That way you win both ways.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cottyekundayo(m): 12:10am On Jul 29, 2017
jayooh:
This one most assessing bodies Don deh do fast track, DIBP see go soon start their own ooh "+1000AuD" for 20 working days result for those with work experience and I0 working days for those without work experience.
Good thinking.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 1:28am On Jul 29, 2017
@Fehintywealth

I have heard of the guy's scam in Akure. It is unfortunate that many will still fall into his scam as Nigerians are averagely gullible and looking for shortcut to things.

Either you request for a refund of your money (not sure it is possible) or threaten him with the law.

Moving forward, you can assess for customer service manager or an insurance agent. Northern territory sponsors customer service on 190 and 489 and South Australia on 489.

Queensland sponsors insurance agent on 489. I think you are better with the customer service manager.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 1:32am On Jul 29, 2017
@tobe4real,

You have no choice than to comply with the assessing authority's requirements. Without an assessment result, you wouldn't get invitation from any state.

I can see you are fixed on South Australia. Queensland and Northern territory also sponsor the occupation. If I were in your situation, one of those will be my option and not SA at this period.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tobe4real(m): 3:05am On Jul 29, 2017
bellong:
@tobe4real,

You have no choice than to comply with the assessing authority's requirements. Without an assessment result, you wouldn't get invitation from any state.

I can see you are fixed on South Australia. Queensland and Northern territory also sponsor the occupation. If I were in your situation, one of those will be my option and not SA at this period.

yea you're right,i am looking at SA because of flinders in Adelaide,still got my nursing in mind and don't want anything to deter me from actualizing that even if I get to Aussie with a visa other than student
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by spyroxy1(m): 3:05am On Jul 29, 2017
chidike:
Wow, been reading from page 320, my people I hail. Big ups to everyone, been a long while with no grants, stay positive it'll come. I just wanted to say that it is very important to front load all your docs, CO contact can prolong your application. I know someone with 70 points got CO contact twice in 4 weeks, his last contact was in April, he has not heard back from them or received grant since then. I front loaded and was lucky to receive my grant in 9 days without contact, just my advice.
Also, for those who may not know, your Australian PR gives you automatic PR status in New Zealand on entry. I'm working towards relocating by late August, I've applied for jobs and done some skype interviews - hoping for the best, its not a bad idea to try to get a job before leaving, if you can...it will surely end in praise for us all.

Please what do you mean by 'front loading' ? I am still waiting for my EA assessment though, buh will like to know please.
Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by spyroxy1(m): 3:07am On Jul 29, 2017
mamajaz:

Hello mama

Any particular advice on the test ...? my PTE-A date is coming.. thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by spyroxy1(m): 3:12am On Jul 29, 2017
diggy4real:

Bros please where did you get your voucher and how munch is it?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 5:14am On Jul 29, 2017
chidike:
Wow, been reading from page 320, my people I hail. Big ups to everyone, been a long while with no grants, stay positive it'll come. I just wanted to say that it is very important to front load all your docs, CO contact can prolong your application. I know someone with 70 points got CO contact twice in 4 weeks, his last contact was in April, he has not heard back from them or received grant since then. I front loaded and was lucky to receive my grant in 9 days without contact, just my advice..

In which month did u apply n get ur visa?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OzyMigrant: 6:25am On Jul 29, 2017
Eladua:

Yes it takes about 2-3 months before you get their outcome, and yes TRA can be strict but I got a positive outcome with a BSc from them.

Please can you give more details on how you got TRA assessment?

Do they consider first Degrees? Thought they only look at vocational skills/diplomas and experience.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SegunWamiri(m): 7:41am On Jul 29, 2017
bellong:
@Fehintywealth

I think you are better with the customer service manager.
bellong bellong smiley wink I knew for sure you'll come up with something. God bless you always
I was actually going to suggest Customer services manager too but I just said let me leave it for my boss cool

So @fehintywealth: Seconded

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 8:40am On Jul 29, 2017
tobe4real:
yea you're right,i am looking at SA because of flinders in Adelaide,still got my nursing in mind and don't want anything to deter me from actualizing that even if I get to Aussie with a visa other than student

Flinders is not the only University offering graduate entry to Nursing.

Charles Darwin University in Darwin does as well some universities in Queensland.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 8:58am On Jul 29, 2017
Went back to read her post again CSM it is then.

@Bellong and Segun remember she's just a customer service officer not manager, she needs to prove she has staff working under her and just 4years in the Job?

To me insurance agent will be ideal but anyone sha our oga has spoken.

Just my thoughts.

SegunWamiri:
bellong bellong smiley wink I knew for sure you'll come up with something. God bless you always
I was actually going to suggest Customer services manager too but I just said let me leave it for my boss cool

So @fehintywealth: Seconded

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 8:58am On Jul 29, 2017
@Rooneyboy,

I think I can help you make the payment if you can't find any other means.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 9:02am On Jul 29, 2017
uchenna2017:

@Bellong and Segun remember she's just a customer service officer not manager, she needs to prove she has staff working under her and just 4years in the Job?

To me insurance agent will be ideal but anyone sha our oga has spoken.

Just my thoughts.

That is not difficult to proof. It is easier with Vetasses compared to AIM. 4 years is enough..

Customer service will give her options than the insurance. It is how she package it that matters.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Rooneyboy(m): 9:26am On Jul 29, 2017
bellong:
@Rooneyboy,

I think I can help you make the payment if you can't find any other means.

Okay sir, I'm ready, how do we get started ?

#supergrateful
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 9:38am On Jul 29, 2017
Noted smiley

quote author=bellong post=58938849]

That is not difficult to proof. It is easier with Vetasses compared to AIM. 4 years is enough..

Customer service will give her options than the insurance. It is how she package it that matters.[/quote]
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Blitzenkreig66: 9:38am On Jul 29, 2017
Bro, can you please check on Immitracker the status for EOI with 65 points Mechanical Engr? My OIE fdate is 7 Jan 2017. Did NSW 190 In Feb. Dont even know if tgose guys are nominating sef.
Alphadoor:

Even with 70pts, you are covered. at least based on track record. EOI with DOE 06/06/2017 got invited yesterday (as seen on immitracker)

this is indeed an interesting topic.
am with doyen and NNBB2012 on this one until proven otherwise
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bankole1790: 9:50am On Jul 29, 2017
bellong:
@Fehintywealth

I have heard of the guy's scam in Akure. It is unfortunate that many will still fall into his scam as Nigerians are averagely gullible and looking for shortcut to things.

Either you request for a refund of your money (not sure it is possible) or threaten him with the law.

Moving forward, you can assess for customer service manager or an insurance agent. Northern territory sponsors customer service on 190 and 489 and South Australia on 489.

Queensland sponsors insurance agent on 489. I think you are better with the customer service manager.

Mr bellong can you pls send to me your e-mail or phone number there is an issue I want to discuss with you.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by diggy4real: 10:25am On Jul 29, 2017
Cottyekundayo:

There is no real preparation until you have a date. You will be surprised at how your prep will go when you commit your money. I had to change my test date and the thought of having paid extra for change of date gave me some inspiration + I didn't want to waste the money I didn't really have at that time.

Thanks, I will pick anyday within the upcoming week, I am just being meticulous, so I don't blow away this opportunity.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by afolaseg: 10:41am On Jul 29, 2017
spyroxy1:

Hello mama

Any particular advice on the test ...? my PTE-A date is coming.. thanks

Hi spyroxy1, Any update with your PTE mock exam? have you written it? how was your performance and which component are you having issue with?

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chytai(f): 10:47am On Jul 29, 2017
Hello everyone, my husband have NABTEB (advanced level) certificate on mechanical engineering from Benin technical college and he wants to assess as metal fabricator from TRA. Please we want to know if anyone has ever assess with the certificate before and have positive outcome, please we want your opinions before we part with 1000 dollars assessment fee. He has been self employed for about 9years now and he has a registered company.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SegunWamiri(m): 10:48am On Jul 29, 2017
uchenna2017:

To me insurance agent will be ideal

Hmmmn, You're right as per proving staff working under her. I believe by now having left front office to administrative personnel and now in client service dept.she should have one or two people reporting to her. Anyways, as bellong said, it has to do with packaging.

As per the insurance option, I feel she is more involved in the official duties than in the actual selling of insurance (maybe until recently in the client service dept.) though she works with an insurance company. The three roles occupied so far is a good progression and solid basis for nominating CSM.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Eladua(m): 11:43am On Jul 29, 2017
OzyMigrant:

Please can you give more details on how you got TRA assessment?

Do they consider first Degrees? Thought they only look at vocational skills/diplomas and experience.

Yes, they do consider first degree, I never knew too until I gave it a try, so far it is in line with the occupation and they did not even deduct a single day of work experience.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bankole1790: 12:22pm On Jul 29, 2017
pls what is the assessing body for accountants and what are there requirements?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by diggy4real: 12:26pm On Jul 29, 2017
spyroxy1:

Bros please where did you get your voucher and how munch is it?

Ukeas,52k

(1) (2) (3) ... (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.