Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,955 members, 7,814,238 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (363) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1206203 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by icon2: 8:21am On Jul 27, 2017
Please Gurus in the house I need an advice, I am qualified by the virtue of what I have read online to apply for Electrical Engineers position or Computer and system networks but these positions are very competitive and they seem to have reached their occupation ceiling.

So I want to apply for Electrician(General) since they are less competitive and has much room for more people now under skill level 3. Hope there are no negative implications ?

Summary of my profile

B. Eng
9 years Experience
Self employed since graduation

Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tobe4real(m): 8:22am On Jul 27, 2017
bellong:

Why would you refer to anybody as a "nigga"?

Your friend didn't complete his story. SA sponsors Youth worker only on 489 visa, if the state is really desperate in need of youth workers, it will also be on 190.
Nevertheless, there are jobs in youth work in the state for those who can meet the requirements.

What your friend didn't tell you is that you have to have experience in youth work and not just study psychology. If you have experience in youth work, go ahead with your assessment with Vetasses and seek nomination from SA or Northern Territory.

Why think of studying nursing when you can actually continue with Psychology? Psychology is as lucrative as nursing if not more lucrative sef. Except it is not what you have passion for. You can start your psychology consultancy when you become a clinical psychologist.
nigga is not an abusive word na,its used to describe a pal or a homie....he told me psychology there is like World Cup...and they don't take people with 2nd class lower...I have some social work/intervention experience with the government...what do you think? I'm I good to go?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Rooneyboy(m): 8:33am On Jul 27, 2017
uchenna2017:
Also note they have high unemployment rate.

This is my fear about Tasmania.

I've read about the place and very skeptical about it..
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by korlahwarleh: 8:46am On Jul 27, 2017
korlahwarleh:
Please I need your advice.

I am applying for professional engineer (mechanical), and I am about to submit my assessment. I reckoned that the maximum points I can get is 65 (assuming I have 20 points in my PTE, which I will have by God's grace). However, seeing that mechanical engineering is now very competitive, do i still have hope with my points or i should work for two more years so that i can claim 5 points for work experience, as I just started working recently?

Please help, as I don't want to waste money on EA assessment without anything tangible in sight.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cottyekundayo(m): 9:26am On Jul 27, 2017
[quote author=korlahwarleh post=58873147][/quote]
No one knows how long the occupation may remain on the Mltssl for subsequent years. I suggest you do your thing, fill the EOI at 65 and wait, while you are working . The EOI lasts for as long as 2 years, and while waiting you may get an invite.
Be reminded, nothing is certain
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 9:42am On Jul 27, 2017
Me too they even wrote you must show up to 5 to 8 job advert that is not more than 6weeks old. Also you should not go for something lower than your occupation eg nominate for customer service manager and bring advert for customer service representative it will not fly.

But it's for 489 requirement don't know of 190 if you must have a job offer or not.

All the same people still get it, the truth is insurance job are hard to find didn't see a single advert not to talk of getting 5 job placement to submit. cheesy

Whatever you want go for it and believe that your case is different.

Best of luck.

Rooneyboy:

This is my fear about Tasmania.

I've read about the place and very skeptical about it..
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by lalaazo: 10:18am On Jul 27, 2017
afolaseg:

OzyMigrant, i av sent DIBP another mail yesterday and i got the below responce today.
Dear Sir,

Regards
Position Number: 600******
Economic and Skilled Visa Programme Branch | Visa and Citizenship Management Division Visa and Citizenship Services Group Department of Immigration and Border Protection
E: gsm.allocated@border.gov.au

Pls is the above signature same as yours when your got a response from them? I PM you but you didnt reply me.
Please in as much as I appreciate peeps wanting to boost morale and hope of the thread; I strongly advice not to put CO's name here, just a thought.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by lawland: 10:22am On Jul 27, 2017
oscarpellenchy:

Thanks for this valuable info. Please which AQF equivalency and section is a state polytechnic, Moshood Abiola Poly precisely.Thanks in advance.
You didn't mention the qualification.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by icon2: 10:49am On Jul 27, 2017
Please house I'm waiting for your advice. Thanks

icon2:
Please Gurus in the house I need an advice, I am qualified by the virtue of what I have read online to apply for Electrical Engineers position or Computer and system networks but these positions are very competitive and they seem to have reached their occupation ceiling.

So I want to apply for Electrician(General) since they are less competitive and has much room for more people now under skill level 3. Hope there are no negative implications ?

Summary of my profile

B. Eng
9 years Experience
Self employed since graduation

Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 11:00am On Jul 27, 2017
uchenna2017:
Me too they even wrote you must show up to 5 to 8 job advert that is not more than 6weeks old. Also you should not go for something lower than your occupation eg nominate for customer service manager and bring advert for customer service representative it will not fly.

But it's for 489 requirement don't know of 190 if you must have a job offer or not.

All the same people still get it, the truth is insurance job are hard to find didn't see a single advert not to talk of getting 5 job placement to submit. cheesy

Whatever you want go for it and believe that your case is different.

Best of luck.

Are you saying Tasmania will accept job advert placements in place of a proper letter of offer of employment to nominate applicants?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SegunWamiri(m): 11:22am On Jul 27, 2017
Sure! For 489 though

Employability

If you are an overseas applicant with no employment in Tasmania (Category 3A), attach evidence that are, currently, sufficient employment opportunities in your nominated occupation that are relevant to your skill set and recent experience. The evidence must include:

Personal research into recent advertised positions relevant to the nominated occupation (a minimum of five vacancies and not more than eight. You must provide a copy of the full advertisement (saved as a .pdf):
It is essential that the date of the job advertisement as well as the location of the job are clearly displayed
Web links alone are not acceptable and, if provided without the accompanying advertisement, will result in the criterion not being met

jayooh:

Are you saying Tasmania will accept job advert placements in place of a proper letter of offer of employment to nominate applicants?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Rooneyboy(m): 11:27am On Jul 27, 2017
uchenna2017:

Nne, the whole thing just tire me , I've sent you a PM so that we could chat privately.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Dikachi12: 12:10pm On Jul 27, 2017
Okay belong, I think it's the457 Temporary work visa..
I am nt the one doing the application myself a Travel agent here in Nigeria is the one processing it.. He said it's a 2year work visa... He demanded my hard copy of my international passport and 300k fr visa fees.. And a balance of 1.2million naira wen the visa is out... He said my passport will be DHL to South Africa for the visa processing... I hav Alrdy deposited 150k and my passport... He said the visa will be ready by September... 2 months upwards..
My questions is if I can easily change jobs with such visa and if there is any limit to wat I can do with it... Plz guys Alrdy in Australia I need your advice so I dnt make a mistake... Thanks
I can ask dem back if you guys suspect it's a bad route to live n work in Australia thanks

bellong:
@Dikachi12,

What is the subclass of the visa?

How did you apply for it?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cottyekundayo(m): 12:23pm On Jul 27, 2017
Dikachi12:
Okay belong, I think it's the457 Temporary work visa..
I am nt the one doing the application myself a Travel agent here in Nigeria is the one processing it.. He said it's a 2year work visa... He demanded my hard copy of my international passport and 300k fr visa fees.. And a balance of 1.2million naira wen the visa is out... He said my passport will be DHL to South Africa for the visa processing... I hav Alrdy deposited 150k and my passport... He said the visa will be ready by September... 2 months upwards..
My questions is if I can easily change jobs with such visa and if there is any limit to wat I can do with it... Plz guys Alrdy in Australia I need your advice so I dnt make a mistake... Thanks
I can ask dem back if you guys suspect it's a bad route to live n work in Australia thanks

OMG!!!! Sorry sorry o ( IN FELA'S VOICE). I think you have been duped mate!!! Find a way to collect your passport back ASAP. I can't remember the last time anyone sent passport to SA o!!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jiangchu: 1:13pm On Jul 27, 2017
I still can not wrap my head with the consistency bellong had put into responding and guiding people despite her tight schedule in Australia.

sometimes I question whether she is getting commission from Aussie government grin grin for bringing in people.

I really commend you effort. may God grant your secret desire as you help in lifting others up. thanks

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by yungmin: 1:15pm On Jul 27, 2017
jiangchu:
I still can not wrap my head with the consistency bellong had put into responding and guiding people despite her tight schedule in Australia.

sometimes I question whether she is getting commission from Aussie government grin grin for bringing in people.

I really commend you effort. may God grant your secret desire as you help in lifting others up. thanks

So Bellong na she? Wow

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by petetherock: 1:31pm On Jul 27, 2017
Azy123:
Even on other forum we still get conflicting information. Yet there has been people granted VISA in the past without assessing their highest qualification. I am in this situation as well and I do not plan to assess. Unless if someone can tell me that it has change.

I think the emphasis is on Over claiming point

As long as you are sure of the point you should be save

The above are my opinion. And I stand by it, If wrong please someone correct me with following info...

1) point claim
2) Name of school and country of school
3) Equivalent according to CEP ( lawland can help us out here)

It will help me and others too

Our ogas dem please come and put mouth ..

cc Bellong, NNBB2012 etc

please i would like to know what section does University of Benin falls under, is it section 1 or 2? . I did a 4 years Bachelors course in computer science and about to do my assessment under ACS thank you.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Azy123(m): 1:54pm On Jul 27, 2017
@ petetherock

From what we know about ACS so far. They are very flexible unlike VETASSES. Some 4 year course in section 2 university had been assessed by ACS as equivalent to AQF degree as evidenced from Alphadoor past post.

So, for ACS, you will never know until you applied. upload ur documents and apply. ACS is worth the risk. Make sure you have enough years for them to deduct just in case they see ur qualification as less than their AQF degree.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SegunWamiri(m): 2:03pm On Jul 27, 2017
grin grin grin
Cottyekundayo:

OMG!!!! Sorry sorry o ( IN FELA'S VOICE). I think you have been duped mate!!! Find a way to collect your passport back ASAP. I can't remember the last time anyone sent passport to SA o!!

@ Dikachi: it's quite painful that you already paid a deposit before coming on this thread to present your case. Your passport isn't needed in South Africa. It is lying in his office or home right now!

How long ago has your application been? Before you ask for your passport and a withdrawal, try getting details for logging into your immi account.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SegunWamiri(m): 2:05pm On Jul 27, 2017
yungmin:

So Bellong na she? Wow

She ke? No ooo!

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jiangchu: 2:51pm On Jul 27, 2017
yungmin:

So Bellong na she? Wow

yes. very fascinating
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by afolaseg: 3:15pm On Jul 27, 2017
lalaazo:

Please in as much as I appreciate peeps wanting to boost morale and hope of the thread; I strongly advice not to put CO's name here, just a thought.

Pls, what effect does that have posting CO names? kindly educate. Is Co searching for there names on Nairaland or will that affect peoples application?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by lalaazo: 3:24pm On Jul 27, 2017
afolaseg:

Pls, what effect does that have posting CO names? kindly educate. Is Co searching for there names on Nairaland or will that affect peoples application?

For one; privacy, second is the morality clause.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jul 27, 2017
Dear All,

Our amiable Bellong is not a she!!!!!!!

If everyone actually read posts he informed us few months ago about his wife's birthday.

Una well-done oooo

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Dikachi12: 3:27pm On Jul 27, 2017
I just paid on Monday... The passport was sent on Sunday evening... My cousin knows the agent... I want to call him and ask him some questions.. If he dsnt giv me a good answer I will recall my passport... And money...
Just dat PR visa cost is going up daily am chemical engineering graduate with about 2years work experience with Halliburton Nigeria... Lost my job last year... Dnt know if 1.6mill can be enuf to process my Australian PR visa.... Plz I Need more advice and guidance...
@bellong plz I need ur comment

SegunWamiri:
grin grin grin

@ Dikachi: it's quite painful that you already paid a deposit before coming on this thread to present your case. Your passport isn't needed in SA. It is lying in his office or home right now!

How long ago has your application been? Before you ask for your passport and a withdrawal, try getting details for logging into your immi account.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by frank043(m): 3:29pm On Jul 27, 2017
damoche64:

Any CV format will be ok, if u are not assessing experience but if u are assessing experience becareful not 2 fall into their pit like me cos ur reference letter has 2 align with ur CV. I will inbox my CPD.

Nice and timely info, man! I won't also wana fall into that their pit. Please, kindly inbox me your CPD, cos I will be assessing for experience. I won't mind a sample reference letter, cos I will need to align my CV in that order. Thanks. Here's my email fenusn@gmail.com
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SegunWamiri(m): 4:12pm On Jul 27, 2017
jiangchu:

yes. very fascinating

Helloooooo. I hope someone hasn't given you a fake call claiming to be SHE bellong o cheesy

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SegunWamiri(m): 4:45pm On Jul 27, 2017
Dikachi12:

The passport was sent on Sunday evening... Do you have evidence for this? .. And money... Hmmmn, let's see how this goes
Dnt know if 1.6mill can be enuf to process my Australian PR visa.... If you're as determined in getting this temporary one, you'll certainly be able to raise any amount involved. As far as I'm concerned, 1.6m is good enough to kick off if you're single

English test- 52-70k, assessment- 250-300k, medicals- 45k (Not too sure), Visa fee- 920-950k. All of these is about 1.3m. So you'll just have to add some more money to the change for your flight fare.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jorgan(m): 4:58pm On Jul 27, 2017
Azy123:
Plunge already taken since grin that is why I claimed 15 points. That was what I believed to be true but started doubting and fearing when I saw comments. As it is, nothing has changed.

CASE CLOSED. This case was open on this forum and closed before with the same conclusion.

Thanks lawland for the example from experience. If we like we can read all blogs but one single comparable experience helps put the mind at rest.
Thanks NNBB2012 for the info. Alphadoor #5 pt_movement#

Summary for others

As far as you have a positive assessment from an assessing body and the point you are claiming is clearly supported by CEP. the following applies...

1) If you have a positive assessment with one qualification and have another qualification that is higher you can use the higher qualification to claim point.
2) If your assessment authority is silent on the higher qualification - you can claim point for it
3) If the qualification is not related to your occupation - you can claim point for it
4) Even if you complete the highest qualification yesterday - you can claim point for it today

@ZoeW edit your 189 EOI Asap congrat on your ITA in advance grin

Pls I hv carefully followed your last 4 replies, but I hv a question, what if your assessing body in this case vetassess, assesses your qualification as highly relevant to ur nominated occupation and comparable to AQF, but your employment is not relevant? Can u still claim points for qualification for EOI?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jorgan(m): 5:00pm On Jul 27, 2017
jorgan:

Pls I hv carefully followed your last 4 replies, but I hv a question, what if your assessing body in this case vetassess, assesses your qualification as highly relevant to ur nominated occupation and comparable to AQF, but your employment is not relevant? Can u still claim points for qualification for EOI?
pls @lawland lawland help with this question I beg
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 5:27pm On Jul 27, 2017
SegunWamiri:

Helloooooo. I hope someone hasn't given you a fake call claiming to be SHE bellong o cheesy
I laugh in Swahili
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jiangchu: 6:16pm On Jul 27, 2017
SegunWamiri:

boda segun grin grin. na she she be oo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.