Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,015 members, 7,814,465 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (364) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1206294 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by frank043(m): 7:30pm On Jul 27, 2017
afolaseg:

If you want to go for PTE, it is always advisable to prepare and write the exam on ptepractice.com to know your ability instead of wasting 52k. The real PTE Academic test is set and scored by pearson and you will see where your lapses are. You can check the site. But i have 4 Gold Test Preparation Kit which has SAMPLE QUESTIONS & 2 SCORED PRACTICE TESTS. So you can write the test two times, know your weekness and prepare more before writing the pte exam. You can PM me if you want one.

Hello bro, please I'm also very interested in the materials and link. Thanks. Here's my email fenusn@gmail.com
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Azy123(m): 7:31pm On Jul 27, 2017
You need to have a positive assessment first before you can claim points and I think for VETASSES your employment must be relevant for you have have positive assessment. Others that are more familiar with VETASSES can put mouth.

Without positive assessment you can't claim anything.

jorgan:

Pls I hv carefully followed your last 4 replies, but I hv a question, what if your assessing body in this case vetassess, assesses your qualification as highly relevant to ur nominated occupation and comparable to AQF, but your employment is not relevant? Can u still claim points for qualification for EOI?

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 27, 2017
Azy123:
You need to have a positive assessment first before you can claim points and I think for VETASSES your employment must be relevant for you have have positive assessment. Others that are more familiar with VETASSES can put mouth.

Without positive assessment you can't claim anything.

For you to get a positive assessment from vetassess, both your qualification and employment must be relevant.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by oscarpellenchy: 9:29pm On Jul 27, 2017
lawland:
You didn't mention the qualification.

The qualification is HND. Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tobe4real(m): 9:32pm On Jul 27, 2017
doyen06:

For you to get a positive assessment from vetassess, both your qualification and employment must be relevant.
qualification asper grade like first class or 2nd class upper?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by afolaseg: 9:38pm On Jul 27, 2017
frank043:

Hello bro, please I'm also very interested in the materials and link. Thanks. Here's my email fenusn@gmail.com

You can PM me. But currently, i dont have but should have more supply by tomorrow. If you are interested, you can PM me to place your order.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 9:49pm On Jul 27, 2017
jiangchu:

boda segun grin grin. na she she be oo.

I am not a transgender bro..

I never knew my writings sound feminine....

@tobe4real,

Social Work/intervention is different from youth work,.Though there could be a correlation or application of social Work principles in youth work but it is different.
What type of social Work/ intervention did you do? How many years did you do it for? You probably can assess for welfare worker and if for more than three years for welfare centre manager.

Yes, psychology is very competitive. However, I believe there is quota for international students as that is what will bring money to the universities. The worst that can happen is to be given a graduate diploma before main Masters.

Which university did you finish from? You don't give up on something till you have fought attempted and fought the battle.
You can't be sure of your chances till you put in for it
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 9:57pm On Jul 27, 2017
tobe4real:
qualification asper grade like first class or 2nd class upper?

No, class of degree has no relevance in skill migration. Qualification in this sense means Bachelor degree, masters or PhD.

@Dikachi12,

1. Visa 457 is not processed in South Africa but by the team in Australia.

2. Nobody needs the hard copy of your passport for any visa, including visiting visa, to process your visa. Australia does e-Visa. After the grant, you can ask for a label after paying some amount for it.

From the above and correlating with your submission, there is a clear case of scam going on in your situation. Visa 457 does not have a definite time it will be ready.

What can you do? Collect your passport and money (if possible). Read this thread and digest the content and start your PR yourself.

1.6M is enough to process it if you are a single applicant.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tobe4real(m): 9:57pm On Jul 27, 2017
bellong:

@tobe4real,

Social Work/intervention is different from youth work,.Though there could be a correlation or application of social Work principles in youth work but it is different.
What type of social Work/ intervention did you do? How many years did you do it for? You probably can assess for welfare worker and if for more than three years for welfare centre manager.

Yes, psychology is very competitive. However, I believe there is quota for international students as that is what will bring money to the universities. The worst that can happen is to be given a graduate diploma before main Masters.

Which university did you finish from? You don't give up on something till you have fought attempted and fought the battle.
You can't be sure of your chances till you put in for it
medical aspect of social work/intervention,actually working in government hospital,1 year experience and I graduated from unilag.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jiangchu: 10:01pm On Jul 27, 2017
bellong:

I've misconstrue your identity as a female grin grin grin
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:14pm On Jul 27, 2017
tobe4real:
medical aspect of social work/intervention,actually working in government hospital,1 year experience and I graduated from unilag.

I guess assessing as a welfare worker will be better. You can always package your job descriptions to align with anzsco description of welfare worker.

ACT and NT sponsor it on 190 while most of the states sponsor it on 489.

jiangchu:

Are you single and searching? wink

You probably was thinking about finding a wife... cheesy

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by lawland: 10:19pm On Jul 27, 2017
oscarpellenchy:

The qualification is HND. Thanks
Diploma AQF
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by icon2: 11:07pm On Jul 27, 2017
@Bellong

Pls can you help me out

Please Gurus in the house I need an advice, I am qualified by the virtue of what I have read online to apply for Electrical Engineers position or Computer and system networks but these positions are very competitive and they seem to have reached their occupation ceiling.

So I want to apply for Electrician(General) since they are less competitive and has much room for more people now under skill level 3. Hope there are no negative implications ?

Summary of my profile

B. Eng
9 years Experience
Self employed since graduation

Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 11:14pm On Jul 27, 2017
@Icon2,

Sorry, I missed your post earlier.

Is your company registered?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tobe4real(m): 11:18pm On Jul 27, 2017
bellong:

I guess assessing as a welfare worker will be better. You can always package your job descriptions to align with anzsco description of welfare worker.

ACT and NT sponsor it on 190 while most of the states sponsor it on 489.

thanks bro...please what are my chances with this welfare worker way?should I really halt my nursing study plans and give this a shot?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 11:21pm On Jul 27, 2017
tobe4real:
thanks bro...please what are my chances with this welfare worker way?should I really halt my nursing study plans and give this a shot?

Your chances cannot be known until you put in for it.

Go to the assessing authority's website for requirements (I think it is ACWA). Align your job descriptions with that of anzsco for the occupation and I believe you should be fine.
A 489 visa is better than student visa.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tobe4real(m): 11:26pm On Jul 27, 2017
bellong:

Go to the assessing authority's website for requirements (I think it is ACWA). Align your job descriptions with that of anzsco for the occupation and I believe you should be fine.
thanks so much....you're awesome
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jul 27, 2017
bellong:

grin grin grin
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jul 27, 2017
jiangchu:

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by icon2: 11:32pm On Jul 27, 2017
bellong:
@Icon2,

Sorry, I missed your post earlier.

Is your company registered?

Yes it's registered.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 11:37pm On Jul 27, 2017
icon2:

Yes it's registered.

Since it is Electrical work you do, you can apply for as an electrician. TRA should be fine with your qualification going by what those who have gone that route said..
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by icon2: 11:40pm On Jul 27, 2017
bellong:

Since it is Electrical work you do, you can apply for as an electrician. TRA should be fine with your qualification going by what those who have gone that route said..

Thanks...
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Dikachi12: 12:00am On Jul 28, 2017
Am single.. Am 30yrs a Chemical engineering graduate in 2012. Worked for Halliburton for 2&half years but it's nt a Chemical engineering role... My greatest challenge is getting positive assessment from EA.. How to get enough chemical engineering experience proofs.. And how to write CDR... I dnt know if there is anyone or firm I can pay to write dat for me... As for IELTS I can score 7.5 and above... Plz I need help on this @bellong

bellong:

No, class of degree has no relevance in skill migration. Qualification in this sense means Bachelor degree, masters or PhD.

@Dikachi12,

1. Visa 457 is not processed in South Africa but by the team in Australia.

2. Nobody needs the hard copy of your passport for any visa, including visiting visa, to process your visa. Australia does e-Visa. After the grant, you can ask for a label after paying some amount for it.

From the above and correlating with your submission, there is a clear case of scam going on in your situation. Visa 457 does not have a definite time it will be ready.

What can you do? Collect your passport and money (if possible). Read this thread and digest the content and start your PR yourself.

1.6M is enough to process it if you are a single applicant.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 12:16am On Jul 28, 2017
@Dikachi12

You can write the CDR using your school project and industrial attachment. It is not compulsory to write from work experience.

I didn't study Engineering, I can't be of help in writing a CDR. I believe you can do it yourself. It is a matter of putting your knowledge as a chemical engineer together in a document to proof that you actually understood the principles of Engineering.

Catchdwrdfrmkd, a chemical engineer, can help you to proofread if he is chanced.to do so.

Download the MSA booklet for guidance on writing a CDR.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cottyekundayo(m): 3:37am On Jul 28, 2017
Dikachi12:

Am single.. Am 30yrs a Chemical engineering graduate in 2012. Worked for Halliburton for 2&half years but it's nt a Chemical engineering role... My greatest challenge is getting positive assessment from EA.. How to get enough chemical engineering experience proofs.. And how to write CDR... I dnt know if there is anyone or firm I can pay to write dat for me... As for IELTS I can score 7.5 and above... Plz I need help on this @bellong

I so much dislike when an engineering graduate complains he / she can't write cdr. It's as simple as report writing for your labworks, i.t report, office work report etc, except the engineer's degree is questionable
Report writing is a quintessential part of engineering so it shouldn't be a problem, and considering that you worked for a reputable company, bro Goan write your report. Even the so called cdr writers usually ask clients to submit report of jobs they have done.
All you need is a guideline i.e you can look at past reports for that. Please download the MSA booklet from the EA website. You got yourself in the mess of the agent by not researching by yourself, and you already looking for people to help you write cdr again. Take your time, don't rush and work with a deadline. download the MSA booklet, everything you need to know about assessment is there.
I hope you find this information useful.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tobe4real(m): 6:47am On Jul 28, 2017
bellong:

brother...how true is it ,that once the assessing body approves you, your chances of getting your visa is 101%?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jiangchu: 8:06am On Jul 28, 2017
bellong:

that isn't a bad idea. I'm well above mid twenties. I think I should be. wink wink
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by spyroxy1(m): 8:46am On Jul 28, 2017
nkechima:
@jorgan
Keep trying bro, it will be alright next attempt.

Summarize Text (30-40 w): Following A who did what type format to write
Or
Divide and Conquer - That's how you do it !

Here's a trick some people used. If there are 3 paragraph in the summary text article, They made one line summary of the 3 paragraph and then joined them together or made a summary of the summary.

Describe Graph: following a format/ template.

Tips number 1. You don't need to describe everything. Content doesn't matter, but Pronunciation and Oral Fluency. It is impossible to explain everything in 40s, hence worry about your Flow and Pronunciation.

Template:

Introduction: 10 s

This graph/bar chart/pie/etc shows the (chart name) from (this year) to (this year) or (over this certain year) or similar depending on the question.

Body points: 20s

Choose any point you like, it doesn't matter if you leave the most important data, just don't stop talking. For example, you can say,

1. the maximum is this.
2. the minimum is this

That's just the simplest of example, you can say a variety of that.
That's 2 points, you can also say more points if you have time.

Conclusion: 10 s

Most people don't say conclusion and hence lose marks. It is one of the most important thing. Official guideline say you should try give a conclusion.

You should definitely use either Overall or In conclusion to start the conclusion with so the computer understands you are saying a conclusion.

e.g. In conclusion, the trend shows its rising, or In conclusion, A is always higher than B, etc.

Most important: Don't correct yourself if you make a mistake - it's quite hard as it's our habit to do so, just say the next word, even if its xxxxxxxxxx, just keep on talking : Yes this tip is from Pearson. Computer doesn't care what you say, but how you say it !!!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chebyshev(m): 9:12am On Jul 28, 2017
@dikachi12, send me a pm. I can guide on how to write a CDR for chemical engineer.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 9:59am On Jul 28, 2017
chebyshev:
@dikachi12, send me a pm. I can guide on how to write a CDR for chemical engineer.
bro, you dey rest after positive assessment ni ayam not understanding you oh!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Dikachi12: 10:00am On Jul 28, 2017
Thanks a lot bro

chebyshev:
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chebyshev(m): 10:28am On Jul 28, 2017
mamajaz:

bro, you dey rest after positive assessment ni ayam not understanding you oh!

No be so maami. I have been facing some personal challenges since the beginning of this year, and it's really affecting my pace.

(1) (2) (3) ... (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.