Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,044 members, 7,835,523 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (365) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1213592 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:33am On Jul 28, 2017
fehintywealth:
Good Morning All, kudos sir/ma, pls My husband applied for visa 457, please is it convertible to PR after 4 years of working with the sponsor. Please is anybody here that relocate to Australia with visa 457, please can you enlighten us. Thank you and good-luck to us all.

What is your husband's occupation?

@tobe4real,

While a positive assessment is an indication of getting an invitation but your chances are dependent on other factors like number of people in the pool for the occupation, your ability to meet the minimum points etc.

If I were you, my worry at this stage will be getting a positive assessment. You will cross the bridge of invitation when you get there.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bblessed: 10:37am On Jul 28, 2017
Please I need someone to help out. If I have accounting background(bSC) and later enrolled for bachelor in nursing graduate entry two years in Australia. Please how visible is it to get PR with the two years nursing graduate entry after studies. Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by fehintywealth(f): 11:15am On Jul 28, 2017
[quote author=bellong post=58909490]

Thank you for replying me, am highly grateful.

To your question, I think my husband application is similar to that of @tobe4real, we are processing it through an agent who collected scanned copy of my husband's passport and 75k upfront,medical test and he filled a form with his details,the agent promised that is affiliated company in Australia will get my husband job and we will pay the sum of 2.5M withing the space of 12months after arriving in Australia.Few weeks after we paid, the agent gave us VISA PIN( i don't no what it is called),that was when i came online to make inquiry about Visa 457.Now my fear is it seems we have been scam undecided because he gave my husband July 31st as departure date and later called to say it has been reschedule to September.

My Questions
1) Is it possible to process visa without demanding for document like school, marriage,also document proving previous work experience
2) How possible is it to get job for someone without knowing their skills or without interview (though he told us, a test will be written when one gets to Australia and also the individual will be trained)
3) lastly, has anyone experience such or know someone that travel to Australia through such means?

In conclusion, I know we have been scammed cry, so I will drag my husband here to start our PR processing by himself, [b]he studied health education and works with a ministry with over 5 years experience in youth development and empowerment.

thanks.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 11:44am On Jul 28, 2017
@Fehintywealth,

Do you guys stay in Akure?

457 used to be a tool in the hands of the fraudulent people to bring in people. It is why the government clamped down on the subclass and impose strict conditions.

While your agent may probably have a link with those unscrupulous people who use it in Australia as a form of modern slavery, those days are long gone now. I guess it could be why he is posting you guys.

What is your own qualification?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by fehintywealth(f): 11:57am On Jul 28, 2017
bellong:
@Fehintywealth,

Do you guys stay in Akure?

457 used to be a tool in the hands of the fraudulent people to bring in people. It is why the government clamped down on the subclass and impose strict conditions.

While your agent may probably have a link with those unscrupulous people who use it in Australia as a form of modern slavery, those days are long gone now. I guess it could be why he is posting you guys.

What is your own qualification?

OMG, you are absolutely right, the agent is in Akure, we got his contact from my hubby's aunt that lives in akure, though the agent didn't tell us the Visa type, we just guessed after research.

Please do you know this agent?, I need evidence to convince my husband the agent is fake so we can move on with our life, since this travelling process began, our lives has practically been on hold. It revolves around Australia grin, in fact, i know lots of things about Australia most especially Canberra (housing,job,rent, food,clothing,market etc)

My qualification:
B.ed educational Management
I work with an insurance brokers with 4( will be 5 in dec) experience, start as a front desk office, later promoter to administrative personnel
, am now in client service dept.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SegunWamiri(m): 12:26pm On Jul 28, 2017
@ our lives has been in hold. I can imagine my sister. Please rearrange sharply and follow the proper route o jare.

Let's see if bellong would have any occupation suggestions based on either of you or Hubby's profile

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Rooneyboy(m): 12:57pm On Jul 28, 2017
hi bellong , please i'm trying to make payment to vetassess for an assessment but don't know how to go about it.

can you assist me in making the payment OR do you know any trusted person resident in AU that could assist

in the payment while i wire to the person from Nigeria.

OR do you know of any other alternative i could use in making the payment from Nigeria ?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Rooneyboy(m): 1:01pm On Jul 28, 2017
uchenna2017:
Dear All,

Our amiable Bellong is not a she!!!!!!!

If everyone actually read posts he informed us few months ago about his wife's birthday.

Una well-done oooo

Hi , my sister from another mother, i need to make payment to vetassess for an assessment

but don't know how to go about it .

please i will like to know how you made your own payment from Nigeria.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jul 28, 2017
koleefem05:
Finally, the result of the almighty PTE-A written yesterday rolled in. Too bad...too bad...too bad.
L66, R71, W81, S63.
Over to IELTS.
I throway salute o everybody.
Just kinda confused, and limping upon two opinions.
So I need advise based on experiences.
Just taking a look at my awful PTE score, and only 2 marks in Speaking hindered me from at least claiming 10 points.
So I'm just thinking, "why not take PTE again when you don't know how IELTS would turn"?
Please advise. Thank you.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jul 28, 2017
UPDATE FROM VETASSESS

PRIORITY PROCESSING – COMING SOON!
We are pleased to announce that on 1 August 2017, we are launching Priority Processing service for our General Professional Occupation applicants. This premium service will offer applicants the option to fast track their application for an additional fee. We understand that some applications need to be processed with urgency - Priority Processing will ensure that the application is finalised within 10 business days. Consideration for Priority Processing will only be given to new ONLINE applications lodged after 1 August. Full details about this service including the eligibility criteria to be considered will be available on the website from Tuesday 1 August 2017.
This service will not have an impact on our usual skills assessments services, which will continue to be provided in line with our standard processing times.

FEE UPDATES-----Online Application for GST Exempt now $880
To continue to provide you with efficient and high-quality skills assessment services, there will be a modest increase to our skills assessments fees for General Professional Occupations from 1 August 2017.
You can view updated fees in effect from 1 August 2017 here
All applications received prior to 1 August 2017 will be subject to our current pricing schedule.

God help us
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Phlunter01: 1:37pm On Jul 28, 2017
hnmmmmmmm...... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
koleefem05:
UPDATE FROM VETASSESS

PRIORITY PROCESSING – COMING SOON!

We are pleased to announce that on 1 August 2017, we are launching Priority Processing service for our General Professional Occupation applicants. This premium service will offer applicants the option to fast track their application for an additional fee. We understand that some applications need to be processed with urgency - Priority Processing will ensure that the application is finalised within 10 business days. Consideration for Priority Processing will only be given to new ONLINE applications lodged after 1 August. Full details about this service including the eligibility criteria to be considered will be available on the website from Tuesday 1 August 2017.

This service will not have an impact on our usual skills assessments services, which will continue to be provided in line with our standard processing times.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by fuller86: 1:45pm On Jul 28, 2017
Well most of the qualification for TRA are ND, HND which is equivalent to AQF III and AFQ IV, so using your B.eng to apply it shows you are over qualified, so its not a bad option, but the Electrician (general) you are applying for need a minimum requirement of AFQ III which is equivalent to National Diploma in Nigeria.
I applied for same skill with my HND and am awaiting my result

icon2:
Please Gurus in the house I need an advice, I am qualified by the virtue of what I have read online to apply for Electrical Engineers position or Computer and system networks but these positions are very competitive and they seem to have reached their occupation ceiling.

So I want to apply for Electrician(General) since they are less competitive and has much room for more people now under skill level 3. Hope there are no negative implications ?

Summary of my profile

B. Eng
9 years Experience
Self employed since graduation

Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tobe4real(m): 2:11pm On Jul 28, 2017
bellong:

@tobe4real,

While a positive assessment is an indication of getting an invitation but your chances are dependent on other factors like number of people in the pool for the occupation, your ability to meet the minimum points etc.

If I were you, my worry at this stage will be getting a positive assessment. You will cross the bridge of invitation when you get there.
thank you for your time bros..on the south Australia page they say welfare worker English requirement is competent plus but acwa page inludes in their minimum requirements proficient in English..the thing is I'm only 3 marks short of proficient in speaking but much better in other bands..could i be assessed positively with that?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 2:42pm On Jul 28, 2017
This one most assessing bodies Don deh do fast track, DIBP see go soon start their own ooh "+1000AuD" for 20 working days result for those with work experience and I0 working days for those without work experience.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by diggy4real: 3:12pm On Jul 28, 2017
koleefem05:

Just taking a look at my awful PTE score, and only 2 marks in Speaking hindered me from at least claiming 10 points.
So I'm just thinking, "why not take PTE again when you don't know how IELTS would turn"?
If it is just 10points you need from English to be among the 'chosen ones', I would advise you sit for it again, and speak calmly this time without anxiety.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tobe4real(m): 3:12pm On Jul 28, 2017
koleefem05:

which acessessing body is that,I'm like in the same boat with you on this now,same speaking
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 28, 2017
tobe4real:
which acessessing body is that,I'm like in the same boat with you on this now,same speaking
I'm assessing with VETASSESS.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SegunWamiri(m): 3:24pm On Jul 28, 2017
grin grin grin
jayooh:
This one most assessing bodies Don deh do fast track, DIBP see go soon start their own ooh "+1000AuD" for 20 working days result for those with work experience and I0 working days for those without work experience.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 28, 2017
Open a dorm account or better still find someone that has one fund the account with black market dollar and you are good to go.

quote author=Rooneyboy post=58914186]

Hi , my sister from another mother, i need to make payment to vetassess for an assessment

but don't know how to go about it .

please i will like to know how you made your own payment from Nigeria.
[/quote]
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Rooneyboy(m): 3:37pm On Jul 28, 2017
uchenna2017:
Open a dorm account or better still find someone that has one fund the account with black market dollar and you are good to go.

quote author=Rooneyboy post=58914186]

thank you my sister , really i need to give you a bottle of wine . COLD WINE grin
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jul 28, 2017
@fehintywealth if not that insurance broker is only open for Tasmania and you need evidence that you are employable ., I would suggest you nominate Insurance broker as you have good chances of getting positive assessment if you follow Anzsco job description.

They will only deduct few years of experience to cover for your education which is not highly relevant to the field.

Calculate your details to see if you fit in for at list 489 and weigh your options.

To me 489 is better than wasting money on fake agent.

Let Bellong and others put mouth sha.

quote author=fehintywealth post=58912112]

OMG, you are absolutely right, the agent is in Akure, we got his contact from my hubby's aunt that lives in akure, though the agent didn't tell us the Visa type, we just guessed after research.

Please do you know this agent?, I need evidence to convince my husband the agent is fake so we can move on with our life, since this travelling process began, our lives has practically been on hold. It revolves around Australia grin, in fact, i know lots of things about Australia most especially Canberra (housing,job,rent, food,clothing,market etc)

My qualification:
B.ed educational Management
I work with an insurance brokers with 4( will be 5 in dec) experience, start as a front desk office, later promoter to administrative personnel
, am now in client service dept.

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jul 28, 2017
cheesy grin So which one did you finally go for

quote author=Rooneyboy post=58919110]

thank you my sister , really i need to give you a bottle of wine . COLD WINE grin[/quote]
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tobe4real(m): 3:49pm On Jul 28, 2017
koleefem05:

I'm assessing with VETASSESS.
and they require minimum of 65 right?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by icon2: 4:01pm On Jul 28, 2017
@ fuller86

Thanks for the response. Please when did you apply.?Secondly I'm getting cold feet because info from expatforum says it sometimes difficult to get a positive assessment from TRA and they take like ages to respond.

What's your experience like?

Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 28, 2017
tobe4real:
and they require minimum of 65 right?
I don't need it for assessment.
Yes! A minimum of 65 across band is required to have 10 points in the Australia PR point test nomination
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Rooneyboy(m): 4:16pm On Jul 28, 2017
uchenna2017:
cheesy grin So which one did you finally go for

Insurance broker .....
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jul 28, 2017
I have acknowledged your pm send me a mail

Rooneyboy:

Insurance broker .....
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tobe4real(m): 5:11pm On Jul 28, 2017
koleefem05:

I don't need it for assessment.
Yes! A minimum of 65 across band is required to have 10 points in the Australia PR point test nomination
ok....I prefer ielts speaking to pte speaking..but you gotta stick to pte...you'll do better this time..it's not compulsory you describe all those graphs accurately...you could say something like "the picture right here on my screen....bla bla bla to buy time to think,what really matters is oral fluency,how well you could speak without uh ah and all that break and blabbing..and familiarize yourself with the names of the various diagrams so you could say this line graph...this bar graph....this venn diagram....this pie-chart etc,if it's not a picture goodluck!

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by strangest(m): 6:17pm On Jul 28, 2017
incemay:

You can get the polio certificate for your son. Just take him with his immunisation card and passport to port health with the fees. They will issue one for him once they see he has taken and they can choose to give another one, usually the say you can have it more than once.

Sorry how much is the polio certificate?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Rooneyboy(m): 6:50pm On Jul 28, 2017
uchenna2017:
I have acknowledged your pm send me a mail

I'm yet to see your acknowledged mail.
Why don't you send me a message so that I acknowledge from my end.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chidike(m): 9:44pm On Jul 28, 2017
Wow, been reading from page 320, my people I hail. Big ups to everyone, been a long while with no grants, stay positive it'll come. I just wanted to say that it is very important to front load all your docs, CO contact can prolong your application. I know someone with 70 points got CO contact twice in 4 weeks, his last contact was in April, he has not heard back from them or received grant since then. I front loaded and was lucky to receive my grant in 9 days without contact, just my advice.
Also, for those who may not know, your Australian PR gives you automatic PR status in New Zealand on entry. I'm working towards relocating by late August, I've applied for jobs and done some skype interviews - hoping for the best, its not a bad idea to try to get a job before leaving, if you can...it will surely end in praise for us all.

5 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by adeolabilkis002: 9:54pm On Jul 28, 2017
Hello E_fam.God bless you all. lawland ....please what section does Yabatech falls

(1) (2) (3) ... (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.