Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,423 members, 7,812,241 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (553) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1205258 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 8:54pm On Jan 28, 2018
Jesona:

Bro, your thoughts are quite the bitter truth. Do you think NSW has got any likely requirement like TAS? i'm not aware of. I don't know if there would be any downside preparing a chemical Engineer CDR basically on undergraduate studies, without relevant work experience because i will like to package it very carefully to avoid possibly getting an ET outcome which is the worst case scenario at the instance.
I think the requirement for NSW will be to simply meet the base points for which they will be inviting candidates in your field which will be 70-75points. Is your BSC in chemical engineering?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Delovy(f): 11:45pm On Jan 28, 2018
Eeeya. Thank s oga belong for quick response. Will really appreciate sir if u can help ask DM. I don't think I deserve dis cos u don't know me from Adam. However, I think u will want like me had it been u know who I am,cos am nothing but a pencil in the hand of the creator. Will really appreciate if u can link up Sir.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Delovy(f): 11:47pm On Jan 28, 2018
Eeeya. Thank s oga belong for quick response. Will really appreciate sir if u can help ask DM. I don't think I deserve dis cos u don't know me from Adam. However, I think u will want like me had it been u know who I am,cos am nothing but a pencil in the hand of the creator. Will really appreciate if u can link up Sir.

quote author=bellong post=64569100]

Those I know are not on NL. I am not sure they will be willing to have such connection till I ask.[/quote]
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Delovy(f): 11:49pm On Jan 28, 2018
Xkoba:

We are in same shoe..

Really ,then let's collabo
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Delovy(f): 11:50pm On Jan 28, 2018
bellong:

Those I know are not on NL. I am not sure they will be willing to have such connection till I ask.

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 11:55pm On Jan 28, 2018
Delovy:

How many years of experience do you have?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Delovy(f): 3:25am On Jan 29, 2018
bellong:

How many years of experience do you have?

7 years sir. If u don't mind sir,can I pm u in case u need other information s.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SUJYDEE(m): 7:33am On Jan 29, 2018
Denny2017:

I doubt if he will get positive outcome from TRA.you must present a qualification closely related to your occupation.i nominated Metal fabricator and TRA gave negative outcome. Their reason was that my B.Eng Mechanical Engineering was not related to the occupation. If you have a recognised Trade certificate, you can five it a trial.
Permit me to add to your comment........

IMO, since February 2017, TRA way of assessment has changed. TRA don't assess skills / work experience during MSA again, if you want them to assess your work experience.... They expect you to lodge Migration Point Advice after your positive outcome which is another AUD 600, that's why one can still claim maximum points from higher qualifications.

TRA positive outcome statement....... "You are eligible to take the job from XX/XX/XXXX (the date you completed your certificate 3/4)".

For example the gap might be 12 years till date and you have just 6 years work experience because of your BSc or B. Eng programme. TRA will just verify the 3 years work experience requirements and make their decision base on your evidences.

For you to now get your maximum points on work experience, you have to prove to DIBP what you had claimed in your EOI.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Xkoba: 8:37am On Jan 29, 2018
Delovy:

Really ,then let's collabo

Nice I ll mail u

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by webmaster3: 9:03am On Jan 29, 2018
Dear all, i posted sometime ago on this Thread with regards to a negative ACS assessment as my 5year Bachelor degree in Electronics and Computer Engineering was assessed as Associate and had 4 years experience removed. This was due to my peculiar situation of gaining admission through Direct Entry thereby attaining my BSc within 4 years. I sent Emails to ACS on this but always got a response on some certain criteria being used in accessing University degrees and i fall into the associate degree cadre.

I decided to pay 395AUD and appeal the result stating in detail my academic sojourn from OND to BSC. Got an email today with a positive assessment with 4years returned as well as Full Bachelor's degree.

I would advise anyone undergoing ACS evaluation that got into university through Direct Entry to attach some form of cover letter explaining in detail the process in order to avoid going through an appeal as its quite clear ACS does not fully understand the DE mode into Universities.

Thank you all for the advice i got from this thread. its been really helpful. PTE here i come.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Tmex(m): 9:03am On Jan 29, 2018
lakola:
Good day everyone, just wanted to let the house know that I got a positive assessment (Agricultural Scientist) from vetassess as at this morning.
It took 9 weeks and some days, had assessor contact. I want to appreciate @belong for his help, @josh for guiding me through this phase, @koleefem05, @segunwamiri, funbi and everybody that has contributed directly or indirectly. I want to say God bless you all. Love forever
1 year work experience
LU 5 years
B.Agriculture (Animal Science)

Congratulations on your accessment, pls I ll like you to put me through, I just sent a PM.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Jesona(m): 11:16am On Jan 29, 2018
jayooh:

I think the requirement for NSW will be to simply meet the base points for which they will be inviting candidates in your field which will be 70-75points. Is your BSC in chemical engineering?

Ok, that is the normal requirement i have always known of NSW, unlike states like TAS, SA etc, that require entirely different and extra requirement for nomination. I have a B.Eng (Petroleum).
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by frank043(m): 3:59pm On Jan 29, 2018
lakola:
Good day everyone, just wanted to let the house know that I got a positive assessment (Agricultural Scientist) from vetassess as at this morning.
It took 9 weeks and some days, had assessor contact. I want to appreciate @belong for his help, @josh for guiding me through this phase, @koleefem05, @segunwamiri, funbi and everybody that has contributed directly or indirectly. I want to say God bless you all. Love forever
1 year work experience
LU 5 years
B.Agriculture (Animal Science)

Congrats bro... Did VETASSESS make any form of communication with the contact on your reference letter?

Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jan 29, 2018
SUJYDEE:

IMO, since February 2017, TRA way of assessment has changed. TRA don't assess skills / work experience during MSA again, if you want them to assess your work experience.... They expect you to lodge Migration Point Advice after your positive outcome which is another AUD 600, that's why one can still claim maximum points from higher qualifications.

TRA positive outcome statement....... "You are eligible to take the job from XX/XX/XXXX (the date you completed your certificate 3/4)".

For example the gap might be 12 years till date and you have just 6 years work experience because of your BSc or B. Eng programme. TRA will just verify the 3 years work experience requirements and make their decision base on your evidences.

For you to now get your maximum points on work experience, you have to prove to DIBP what you had claimed in your EOI.
@SUJYDEE am not sure I got what you meant. Kindly go through the link below for TRA MSA assessment guidelines.
http://www.tradesrecognitionaustralia.gov.au/Programs/Migration/Pages/default.aspx
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by trastar(f): 6:46pm On Jan 29, 2018
webmaster3:
Dear all, i posted sometime ago on this Thread with regards to a negative ACS assessment as my 5year Bachelor degree in Electronics and Computer Engineering was assessed as Associate and had 4 years experience removed. This was due to my peculiar situation of gaining admission through Direct Entry thereby attaining my BSc within 4 years. I sent Emails to ACS on this but always got a response on some certain criteria being used in accessing University degrees and i fall into the associate degree cadre.

I decided to pay 395AUD and appeal the result stating in detail my academic sojourn from OND to BSC. Got an email today with a positive assessment with 4years returned as well as Full Bachelor's degree.

I would advise anyone undergoing ACS evaluation that got into university through Direct Entry to attach some form of cover letter explaining in detail the process in order to avoid going through an appeal as its quite clear ACS does not fully understand the DE mode into Universities.

Thank you all for the advice i got from this thread. its been really helpful. PTE here i come.

This is great news. Glad you didn't just accept the out come.. did they refund your appeal fee tho?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by webmaster3: 6:18am On Jan 30, 2018
trastar:

This is great news. Glad you didn't just accept the out come.. did they refund your appeal fee tho?

Yes, they confirmed refund would be processed within 6 - 7 working days.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by dmickdx: 7:06am On Jan 30, 2018
trastar:

No post has ever left me more confused than this one.
At poster, you cleared with which embassy in Abuja?

Uk embassy
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by MaSisi: 7:28am On Jan 30, 2018
dapova:
Dear all, do we have anyone on this forum that has successfully processed skilled migrant in this categoru under the customer service mananger JD. What does nominated base salary mean as seen in the attached caveat?

Kindly assist to clarify

Please I'm interested in this too.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 8:25am On Jan 30, 2018
webmaster3:

Great news.
A refund should be in order.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by MaSisi: 8:27am On Jan 30, 2018
Good morning house.
Kudos to you all.

Please can someone help me calculate my points to let me know the next step or make changes.
Thanks in advance.

Age 35
Work experience: over 10 years in customer service and hr
Education: M.Sc HR, B.Sc Sociology. Professional qualification CIPM diploma in HR.
IELTS. Band 7
L7. 5
R6
W75
S7

God bless you all.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 8:29am On Jan 30, 2018
webmaster3:

Yes, they confirmed refund would be processed within 6 - 7 working days.

Great.
Good luck in your English
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Logictinz: 8:31am On Jan 30, 2018
Good day.

Please I have a question after paying the AUD1000 for your skills assessment which in their site takes btw 90days for the outcome after they(TRA) acknowledging receipt of documents/payment, and if successful u ve to then apply for MPA cost AUD600 and wait another 90days ?

The thing is quite confusing please gurus them i need explanation.

Thank you.

SUJYDEE:

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 8:34am On Jan 30, 2018
MaSisi:
Good morning house.
Kudos to you all.

Please can someone help me calculate my points to let me know the next step or make changes.
Thanks in advance.

Age 35
Education: M.Sc HR, B.Sc Sociology. Professional qualification CIPM diploma in HR.
IELTS. Band 7
L7. 5
R6
W75
S7

God bless you all.
English 0
Education is 15...
Others is subject to successful Assesment outcome.
As you already but afraid to admit.
You have to retake your English.
Commence your Assesment and hope for the best.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by MaSisi: 8:36am On Jan 30, 2018
Alphadoor:

English 0
Education is 15...

So I'll have to write English test again right?
I thought the others will make up for the 6.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by crownnygold: 10:21am On Jan 30, 2018
Hi,so you mean just bsc degree in education from a tier 2 university won't get a positive outcome from aitsl
NNBB2012:

Why did you think AITSL would give him positive assessment? Did he study Education at the undergraduate level? Mathematics is not a course under education category. PGDE NTI is not sufficient to earn him positive assessment from AITSL as he does not have underpinning degree in education. And you need at least 1 year experience as Mathematician to get a positive assessment from Vetassess. Don't waste your money on a path that would not get you positive assessment.

Australian Assessing bodies take assessments of overseas qualification very serious than you think. You need at least Bachelor degree in Education from 1st tier Universities from Nigeria to get a positive assessment.

If you have the money, you could try the study option (Teaching/Education).
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SUJYDEE(m): 11:30am On Jan 30, 2018
Logictinz:
Good day.

Please I have a question after paying the AUD1000 for your skills assessment which in their site takes btw 90days for the outcome after they(TRA) acknowledging receipt of documents/payment, and if successful u ve to then apply for MPA cost AUD600 and wait another 90days ?

The thing is quite confusing please gurus them i need explanation.

Thank you.

After making payment you will get a mail to acknowledge the payment and that will serve as the receipt. In 3-5 days after, you will get your reference number and wait for the outcome which takes + or - 12 weeks.

The MPA is not mandatory, in fact you don't need it. Once you are able to get a positive outcome from them, just gather your documents again for DIBP to claim your point for your work experience.

Before now, during MSA TRA used to reduce number of years of work experience but they don't now. I guess they might do that during MPA. What you get now is when you are qualified to take on the nominated occupation and not when you started the nominated occupation.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bod911: 12:47pm On Jan 30, 2018
Please l'll like to know if Australia do refund application fee (1,070,970.0) if the application is refused just like Canada

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by MaSisi: 1:17pm On Jan 30, 2018
Alphadoor:

English 0
Education is 15...

Please do I need to obtain the English result before commencing assessment? Or can I start the assessment procedure while I await IELTS?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jan 30, 2018
MaSisi:

Good morning house.
Kudos to you all.

Thanks in advance.

Age 35
IELTS. Band 7
L7. 5
R6
W75
S7

In my opinion you'll get Canada PR easier and faster.

But if it's Australia you need, your best bet is to have band 8 accross board. That's 20points for English.

Hopefully you'll get 8+ in experience after assessment, that's 15points.

For education, if its 4years in tier 1 uni or 5 years in tier 2 that's 15

Your total points will be 75 then you have a very good chance of getting ITA with the current trend.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Logictinz: 8:31pm On Jan 30, 2018
Thanks a lot for the breakdown, I really appreciate. Please help me with the below concerns.

MPA don't award points for experience DIBP does?

Also, I have HND in Electrical/Electrical Engineering, is it DIBP that will give me the 10 points for it?

SUJYDEE:

After making payment you will get a mail to acknowledge the payment and that will serve as the receipt. In 3-5 days after, you will get your reference number and wait for the outcome which takes + or - 12 weeks.

The MPA is not mandatory, in fact you don't need it. Once you are able to get a positive outcome from them, just gather your documents again for DIBP to claim your point for your work experience.

Before now, during MSA TRA used to reduce number of years of work experience but they don't now. I guess they might do that during MPA. What you get now is when you are qualified to take on the nominated occupation and not when you started the nominated occupation.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by crownnygold: 10:34pm On Jan 30, 2018
Please I need help concerning this tier 2 bsc ed will it not lead to a positive outcome if my bsc ed is not from a tier 1 university, how I wish unilorin is part of tier 1 bayiiii
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by TRed: 10:45pm On Jan 30, 2018
Congrats on the outcome. Best of luck with PTE.

webmaster3:

(1) (2) (3) ... (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.