Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,493 members, 7,812,527 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (551) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1205329 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by dmickdx: 10:38am On Jan 22, 2018
mamajaz:

Jane, I've responded to your mail twice but not sure it dropped. You may check your mail again.

Good day.

I've failed in a bid to go through to Australia after clearing with the embassy at Abuja.
I Still have 6 months left of my IELTS. please how may I go about gaining an employment from here to Australia.
I'm a mechanical engineer. I'm 32yrs old.

dmickdx@gmail.com, WhatsApp me pls 07051126865
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by dmickdx: 10:38am On Jan 22, 2018
Good day.

I've failed in a bid to go through to Australia after clearing with the embassy at Abuja.
I Still have 6 months left of my IELTS. please how may I go about gaining an employment from here to Australia.

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by trastar(f): 11:33am On Jan 22, 2018
dmickdx:

Good day.

No post has ever left me more confused than this one.
At poster, you cleared with which embassy in Abuja?

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ireayomide2015: 12:12pm On Jan 22, 2018
Hi, sorry for not responding on time. I only got my documents ready,am yet to do anything about it, since I don't know what I can assess for.
Nazor83:

Hello Ireayomide, I sent you a PM please respond. I actually want to confirm if your WES was able to accept and evaluate your PGDE from NTI.

Thanks in advance.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Mcslize: 1:10pm On Jan 22, 2018
koleefem05:
Lols...thanks man. Appreciate your concern. I’m doing both Canny and Aussie PR...so IELTS is cost effective for me. I already have 10 points with IELTS and 0 points with PTE. I guess I’ll do better in IELTS than PTE.

Noted.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 2:50pm On Jan 22, 2018
@Koleefem05,

Did your friends nominate same occupation as you?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jan 22, 2018
bellong:
@Koleefem05,
Did your friends nominate same occupation as you?
Yes Boss
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by prettysussie: 10:42pm On Jan 22, 2018
wittyshey:
Hello everyone,
I will really appreciate if i can be guided on the next step to take.
I am currently studying Master of Professional Accounting @ ECU, Perth at the moment, so i decided to take another IELTS in order to change my course and i got 8.5 with minimum band 8.0 ( that's 20points) giving me a total point of 65 with my age and degree. This prompted me to try my luck with PR and all my research has even confused me further.
My challenge is this: i don't know the appropriate occupation to nominate because i currently have BSc Geography from OAU and the only experience i have is in Banking (3yrs).
The only related course to Geography on the list is "Cartographer" however VETASSES website states that atleast one year experience is required.
Please, i am open to any suggestion.
Thank you
You can use your MSc accounting for SMIPA
SMIPA
The Skilled Migration Internship Program: Accounting (SMIPA) is a professional year program approved by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) (formerly known as the Department of Immigration and Citizenship), available to overseas students who have an Australian accounting degree qualification as a result of at least two years' study in Australia.

SMIPA involves:

a minimum of 44 weeks' training, including a 12-week internship placement with a relevant host company
professional development and practical hands-on learning, with an emphasis on workplace preparation: Culture, ethics and expectations
recognition as a pathway for 485 visa holders seeking permanent residency under general skilled migration (GSM)
Successful completion of SMIPA may attract additional points under the GSM points test.

SMIPA was developed by CPA Australia, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand and the Institute of Public Accountants. It is delivered by registered providers who have been approved by all three professional accounting bodies. You can check CPA website for more details.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by prettysussie: 10:45pm On Jan 22, 2018
koleefem05:
Lols...thanks man. Appreciate your concern. I’m doing both Canny and Aussie PR...so IELTS is cost effective for me. I already have 10 points with IELTS and 0 points with PTE. I guess I’ll do better in IELTS than PTE.
I guess some of us are not just lucky with PTE. I had 34 in speaking while in IELTS, I had 8.5 in speaking. Whereas in writing, PTE was 90, IELTS 6.5
You see me so?

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by trastar(f): 11:01pm On Jan 22, 2018
koleefem05:
Yes Boss

So you guys have exactly same points gotten via same factors and applied for same 190 with VIC and yet one person's application was rejected?.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Chiking0001: 11:47am On Jan 23, 2018
Please can someone help me out here,I have been trying to pay for TRA assessment fee with my first bank naira debit card and diamond dollar card but to no avail,it would only show transaction declined contact your financial institution, of which I did they said that the problem is not from them,please what might be the problem.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jan 23, 2018
Chiking0001:
Please can someone help me out here,I have been trying to pay for TRA assessment fee with my first bank naira debit card and diamond dollar card but to no avail,it would only show transaction declined contact your financial institution, of which I did they said that the problem is not from them,please what might be the problem.

You may need to fund your account in excess of the required fee..exchange rates fluctuate and even if available fund is lower by a dollar the transaction wont go through...
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mercyni: 5:18pm On Jan 23, 2018
Gd day nairalanders,thanks a million for helping each others to fulfil a destiny,av bn a silence readear for ages,i blv its high i time i join d elite qlick of informed nigerian seeking greener pasture in a foreign clime...my profile is as follw:
Qulification :BTech chemica engineering
Work exp: 3yr still counting
Ielts: in process
Am abt submitting my credentials for EA fpr assesment but my major concern is that although am a chemical engineer i work as a laboratory assistant in a govt owned...can i drop my work experience as a lab sssistant since i want to be assessed as a chemical engr...if i still go ahead and prepare my cdr including my work experiemce what effect will it has on my assessment...my work is still relevant and closely related to a chemical engr core duties or i shud go ahead writing a cdr based on my proffesion sincr i mostly perform chemical engr duties but being paid as lab asst u know nigeria civil service dichotomy?...i know somebody will help bf i starting commiting error i also blv am nt alone with ds perculiar issues thank for ur response.

[sub][/sub]
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mercyni: 5:59pm On Jan 23, 2018
@mercyni am waiting patiently for any advice that will be of help.thanks

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Chiking0001: 6:26pm On Jan 23, 2018
You may need to fund your account in excess of the required fee..exchange rates fluctuate and even if available fund is lower by a dollar the transaction wont go through..
(Misoke)
Thanks
I have enough money in my account,is there any other alternative.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Chiking0001: 6:38pm On Jan 23, 2018
Misoke:

You may need to fund your account in excess of the required fee..exchange rates fluctuate and even if available fund is lower by a dollar the transaction wont go through...
I have enough money in my account,please is there any other means.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sunshine4715: 7:15pm On Jan 23, 2018
Good day Honorable gurus in the house, please am a little bit confused and need a guide as regards choosing a good job on the list. studied economics. have like 12years experience which are as follow;
airline- revenue officers 2yrs
oil & gas- logistics mgr 2yrs
hmo- unit agency, sales consultant 4yrs
hotel - acting general manager--- 7mnts
building & construction- 2yrs sales & marketing mgr

wanted to go for sales and marketing mgr OR supply and distribution manager but been hearing a lot about AIM assessment.

please gurus in the house, which can i apply for.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 9:21pm On Jan 23, 2018
koleefem05:
Yes Boss

With 20 points in English, you should bag the ITA. Canada is a nice country but if you get the ITA for Australia, it is better.

4 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 9:24pm On Jan 23, 2018
mercyni:

If your current position is chemical engineering related, you should have nothing to worry about. Just use it by adopting a better title to suit the occupation. Most important thing is your job descriptions.

However, you can write your CDR using your final year thesis and year industrial attachment. You can also use from your experience. In essence, you have nothing to worry about.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jan 23, 2018
bellong:

With 20 points in English, you should bag the ITA. Canada is a nice country but if you get the ITA for Australia, it is better.
Yes Boss. 20 points in English is non-negotiable. That’s the only way to go. Getting ITA with 65 points with the current trend is just my concern. Any which way, we must move ahead. How’s Mrs B? My regards Sir.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Tmddy: 10:00pm On Jan 23, 2018
Hi everyone. Just a quick one, anybody in Melbourne that needs a one bedroom apartment should pm me asap. This apartment is located in West Footscray.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by highway007(m): 12:10am On Jan 24, 2018
Gurus
Please I am about applying for assessment. On vetassess website as part of the requirements, is to send payslips (ideally the first and the last). Am I to submit the first and the last for each year or my first ever payslip and the latest one.
I want to nominate agricultural consultant and maybe seek Victorian nomination
Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 4:58am On Jan 24, 2018
@highway007, sending more than just two will make your application more seamless. You wouldn’t like them requesting for additional documents (like more payslip). I’ll advice you get one per year, notable ones, earliest or latest, salary increase or the one showing when your allowances we paid. Wishing you a positive outcome. BTW, Agric Scientist seems to be better ATM, as some states are removing Consultant from their list.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by highway007(m): 8:20am On Jan 24, 2018
Thanks
I started working in this firm since 2016, and there has been yearly increase in salary in 2014 and 2015. If I requested for 2 payslip per year(first month and last month of each year and of course the increment was effected in January of each year) will be ok?
Consultant and scientist have the same job description so I think I can easily switch to it if need be
God bless
koleefem05:
@highway007, sending more than just two will make your application more seamless. You wouldn’t like them requesting for additional documents (like more payslip). I’ll advice you get one per year, notable ones, earliest or latest, salary increase or the one showing when your allowances we paid. Wishing you a positive outcome. BTW, Agric Scientist seems to be better ATM, as some states are removing Consultant from their list.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by iceberg54: 11:07am On Jan 24, 2018
mercyni:

If your duties are related to chemical engineering, then you have nothing to worry about. The fact that you're being paid as a lab assistant doesn't matter. Just try to be silent about the job title. You can write one or two of your episodes based on your IT or final year project.

Oya start writing...

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mercyni: 7:37pm On Jan 25, 2018
thanks for responding to my question pls dont be annoyed that am asking again...?...learnt that i have to upload my employement letter as part of the documents for assesement criteria by EA,the issue is my emplyement letter does not carry chemical engineer but laboratory asssistant,...should i drop this work experience and stick to my final year thesis and IT as my work experience...pls how do i go about the procees?...pls a brother.thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jan 25, 2018
Can someone pls explain to me the MS Word attached assessment.

Thank you

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Priceless25: 12:56am On Jan 26, 2018
tmdr:
Can someone pls explain to me the MS Word attached assessment.

Thank you

It's saying that with your nominated occupation, you can only apply for visa subclass 190 (state sponsored) and 489 (regional sponsored) respectively.. You can't apply for visa subclass 189 because you don't have sufficient score (60 points), this is rightly so because they didn't get information on your education, hence the column for that on the report is 0. If you read page 0, you wouldn't have asked the question, even the result of survey you posted here explained it there.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Jesona(m): 8:32am On Jan 26, 2018
My E-fam, so after much perusing, my profile is thus;
Age - 30 points
English- 20 points hopefully
B.Eng (Petroleum)- 15 points

Giving the non availabiliy of Petroleum Engineering in any of the lists, i am left with Engineering Technologist option. Veterans and all the generals in the house.... pls what is your advise, should i take the plunge on ET, knownig the situation with that option at the moment? E go quick bring ITA this FY?

My total points now stands at 65 plus possibly any state nomination, that will put me at 70 points. Abeg una help me reason the matter.

Cc: Bellong, Jukeblam, Ifexcso, Chidike, Iceberg, Zanyzara, Jayooh and the general house.

(1) (2) (3) ... (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.