Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,448 members, 7,812,370 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (552) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1205283 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 11:23am On Jan 26, 2018
Jesona:
My E-fam, so after much perusing, my profile is thus;
Age - 30 points
English- 20 points hopefully
B.Eng (Petroleum)- 15 points

Giving the non availabiliy of Petroleum Engineering in any of the lists, i am left with Engineering Technologist option. Veterans and all the generals in the house.... pls what is your advise, should i take the plunge on ET, knownig the situation with that option at the moment? E go quick bring ITA this FY?

My total points now stands at 65 plus possibly any state nomination, that will put me at 70 points. Abeg una help me reason the matter.

Cc: Bellong, Jukeblam, Ifexcso, Chidike, Iceberg, Zanyzara, Jayooh and the general house.
Get your 20points in English first then we can move forward from there. Knowing that even at 65+5 points for state nomination you might have to wait a great deal to get nominated. ET seems at a great disadvantage these days. It was a more palatable outcome in 2015/16
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 11:25am On Jan 26, 2018
Once again, has any member of this great forum gotten 489 nomination from TAS ever before? I need to know more about their financial declaration and any threshold at which they welcome applicants.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ugonology(m): 3:54pm On Jan 26, 2018
Hello Mr bellong, priceless25, iceberg54 and other good people, am confused and would appreciate some clarifications and possibly informatuons. To the gurus or those with experience with TRA(trades recognition Australia) please how positive would an assessment from TRA be if I nominate to be assessed as a bricklayer. The thing is, while in school I did work extensively as a mason, tiller and painter. I
also was able to acquire registrations and certificates from some state based(some informal) associations and bodies back then. I graduated from a science background (Bsc geology) and did continue for some time in the line of bricks layering (for about two years), seeing I hold a bsc in geology(with no experience) and ample experience in brick layering and masonry, how favourable or possible would it be to receive a positive assessment from TRA as a bricklayer(331111) with a degree in geology.
NB
Most payments for my jobs have always been hand to hand so pay slips more be impossible to get
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SUJYDEE(m): 10:53pm On Jan 26, 2018
ugonology:
Hello Mr bellong, priceless25, iceberg54 and other good people, am confused and would appreciate some clarifications and possibly informatuons. To the gurus or those with experience with TRA(trades recognition Australia) please how positive would an assessment from TRA be if I nominate to be assessed as a bricklayer. The thing is, while in school I did work extensively as a mason, tiller and painter. I
also was able to acquire registrations and certificates from some state based(some informal) associations and bodies back then. I graduated from a science background (Bsc geology) and did continue for some time in the line of bricks layering (for about two years), seeing I hold a bsc in geology(with no experience) and ample experience in brick layering and masonry, how favourable or possible would it be to receive a positive assessment from TRA as a bricklayer(331111) with a degree in geology.
NB
Most payments for my jobs have always been hand to hand so pay slips more be impossible to get
You are good to go if you can show evidences for your work experience in the Bricklaying and Masonry occupation and you will have to show at least OND certificate in related qualifications. Don't worry about your BSc for now, you will use that to claim 15 points with DIBP.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ugonology(m): 5:00am On Jan 27, 2018
SUJYDEE:

You are good to go if you can show evidences for your work experience in the Bricklaying and Masonry occupation and you will have to show at least OND certificate in related qualifications. Don't worry about your BSc for now, you will use that to claim 15 points with DIBP.
Thank you for the response bro, but I do not have an OND in masonry. Would it be advisable to enrol for an OND or certificate (i-iv) in one of the technical schools now? what are the future prospects of this occupation in line with pursuing permanent residency in Australia. I noticed it has been on the preferred lists for about 5 years now and counting. My research shows it takes about two years to complete these short courses in Nigeria, is it worth the long wait? I also intend to run an MSC simultaneously, any heads up or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by dapova: 11:39am On Jan 27, 2018
Dear all, do we have anyone on this forum that has successfully processed skilled migrant in this categoru under the customer service mananger JD. What does nominated base salary mean as seen in the attached caveat?

Kindly assist to clarify

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mercyni: 12:31pm On Jan 27, 2018
Gud am nairalanders
All d best i wish all
In our search for greener pasture ijn amen
Pls i want to write PTE soonest
I want to solicit for material in prep for d exams
Guru in d house ds is another call to help a fellow
mightymightytony@gmail.com is my mail ad
Thanks in anticipation.
God bless u...amen
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Delovy(f): 2:55pm On Jan 27, 2018
Gooday house.
Pls is any Medical doctor in the house that had a positive assessment as a primary health organization manager .pls help out. @ my ogasss.bellong, mctowel,n odas,that know a medical doctor in Nigeria that was assessed positively as a primary health organization manager ,pls help
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Delovy(f): 3:08pm On Jan 27, 2018
Oga bellong I remain loyal. Pls sir can u help link to a medical doctor that had a positive assessment in other related job u highlighted. Pls help
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Delovy(f): 3:09pm On Jan 27, 2018
Janecanal4:

thank you so much for quick response , i have many questions to ask you, i want to be the principal applicant, i don't know where to start but i know i have to start somewhere,
Thank you
Oga bellong I remain loyal. Pls sir can u help link to a medical doctor that had a positive assessment in other related job u highlighted. Pls help
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SUJYDEE(m): 9:59pm On Jan 27, 2018
ugonology:

Thank you for the response bro, but I do not have an OND in masonry. Would it be advisable to enrol for an OND or certificate (i-iv) in one of the technical schools now? what are the future prospects of this occupation in line with pursuing permanent residency in Australia. I noticed it has been on the preferred lists for about 5 years now and counting. My research shows it takes about two years to complete these short courses in Nigeria, is it worth the long wait? I also intend to run an MSC simultaneously, any heads up or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Ehya, getting it done now won't help as your eligibility to work in the nominated occupation will start from the date of completion.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Jesona(m): 10:24pm On Jan 27, 2018
jayooh:

Get your 20points in English first then we can move forward from there. Knowing that even at 65+5 points for state nomination you might have to wait a great deal to get nominated. ET seems at a great disadvantage these days. It was a more palatable outcome in 2015/16

@ Jayooh thanks for your input bro. I can tell you that the 20 points in English na must oo, i have no option than to scale up. It is quite worrisome with the situation regarding ET. Just thinking what other related occupation one can nominate between chemical or mining Engineering and prepare a cdr based on that; which shouldn't be a big deal to me. I am not sure how EA go see am. Abeg wetin you think and all the Generals in the house? Abeg make una put mouth for this matter
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:50pm On Jan 27, 2018
Delovy:

Those I know are not on NL. I am not sure they will be willing to have such connection till I ask.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:53pm On Jan 27, 2018
Jesona:

Abeg wetin you think and all the Generals in the house? Abeg make una put mouth for this matter

There is no harm in trying a chemical engineer CDR. The worst that will happen is that you will be given an ET which you are prepared for anyway.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Xkoba: 11:26pm On Jan 27, 2018
Delovy:

We are in same shoe..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chidike(m): 11:48pm On Jan 27, 2018
mercyni:
Gud am nairalanders
All d best i wish all
In our search for greener pasture ijn amen
Pls i want to write PTE soonest
I want to solicit for material in prep for d exams
Guru in d house ds is another call to help a fellow
mightymightytony@gmail.com is my mail ad
Thanks in anticipation.
God bless u...amen
Go to practicepte.com and click on the menu to navigate to free practice. Other materials have been posted on the thread in the past, you may need to go back and search.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Jesona(m): 12:06am On Jan 28, 2018
bellong:

There is no harm in trying a chemical engineer CDR. The worst that will happen is that you will be given an ET which you are prepared for anyway.

I appreciate your thought @Bellong. I think that will make a good try.

Abeg MAJIOUK2002, I need PTE-A Voucher o.

The OZ hustle is getting real
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Jesona(m): 8:20am On Jan 28, 2018
majiouk2002:

Please send a PM.

Bro, check your mail. I have PMed you.

Thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Michaelamo: 10:23am On Jan 28, 2018
ugonology:
NB

To come out positive with TRA you will need a 3 years working experience. I think it is one of their criteria, a very important one. It does not matter if you studied geology in as far as you have the experience it will always go well.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ugonology(m): 11:49am On Jan 28, 2018
Michaelamo:

To come out positive with TRA you will need a 3 years working experience. I think it is one of their criteria, a very important one. It does not matter if you studied geology in as far as you have the experience it will always go well.

Thanks bro...but what if I can proof the 3 years work experience without a corresponding certification in masonry, would it fly?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bod911: 12:25pm On Jan 28, 2018
Good afternoon house, I'm a silence reader on here. I am trying to claim three years experience in the skilled migration from two different jobs. Will I have to get a reference letter from my previous employer also. Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jan 28, 2018
ugonology:

Thanks bro...but what if I can proof the 3 years work experience without a corresponding certification in masonry, would it fly?
I doubt if he will get positive outcome from TRA.you must present a qualification closely related to your occupation.i nominated Metal fabricator and TRA gave negative outcome. Their reason was that my B.Eng Mechanical Engineering was not related to the occupation. If you have a recognised Trade certificate, you can five it a trial.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jan 28, 2018
bod911:
Good afternoon house, I'm a silence reader on here. I am trying to claim three years experience in the skilled migration from two different jobs. Will I have to get a reference letter from my previous employer also. Thanks

Yes, you need reference letter from each employer you have worked with or a statutory declaration.But you must present evidences such as payslip, tax, bank statement or pension statement showing the name of your employers.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bod911: 2:34pm On Jan 28, 2018
Denny2017:

Yes, you need reference letter from each employer you have worked with or a statutory declaration.But you must present evidences such as payslip, tax, bank statement or pension statement showing the name of your employers.

Thanks for the reply, what if I don't have this, can I use something else. About to send my details to asc. I did computer science and I work as a system analyst for a small construction company.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Princelye: 3:33pm On Jan 28, 2018
My Dear Seniors,

I am truly blessed to have discovered this group in December of 2017. I have since taken a bold step of beginning my assessment with EA as a civil engineer. My profile has changed to "Assessment in progress" over a week ago and I'm confident of a positive outcome. In anticipation of creating my EOI profile, kindly assist me with a checklist for that process so i can begin to gather valid information in time. I know some of you might think im being too hasty but my faith is strong and besides my IELTS result (L8,S7.5,R7.5, W7) will expire on the 3rd of December this year.

Oga @Bellong permit me to PM you as i need to confined in you on some decisions im taking.

Cheers
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jan 28, 2018
bod911:

Thanks for the reply, what if I don't have this, can I use something else. About to send my details to asc. I did computer science and I work as a system analyst for a small construction company.
I will advise you check ASC site to know what their requirements are.if you can't get reference letter from your employers, I believe you can do statutory declaration,check page 1 to 10 of this forum for the sample.Also wait for experts in the house to advise you more.
https://www.acs.org.au/msa/information-for-applicants.html
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ugonology(m): 4:14pm On Jan 28, 2018
Denny2017:

I doubt if he will get positive outcome from TRA.you must present a qualification closely related to your occupation.i nominated Metal fabricator and TRA gave negative outcome. Their reason was that my B.Eng Mechanical Engineering was not related to the occupation. If you have a recognised Trade certificate, you can five it a trial.

Thanks and God bless
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Zianluv234: 4:26pm On Jan 28, 2018
Hi, pls am looking interested in the pte materials. Thanks. vivonyeachom@gmail.com
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bod911: 5:04pm On Jan 28, 2018
Denny2017:

I will advise you check ASC site to know what their requirements are.if you can't get reference letter from your employers, I believe you can do statutory declaration,check page 1 to 10 of this forum for the sample.Also wait for experts in the house to advise you more.

Thanks I have the reference letters but don't have my payslip from my previous employer
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 5:34pm On Jan 28, 2018
Jesona:

@ Jayooh thanks for your input bro. I can tell you that the 20 points in English na must oo, i have no option than to scale up. It is quite worrisome with the situation regarding ET. Just thinking what other related occupation one can nominate between chemical or mining Engineering and prepare a cdr based on that; which shouldn't be a big deal to me. I am not sure how EA go see am. Abeg wetin you think and all the Generals in the house? Abeg make una put mouth for this matter

Mining and petroleum engineers don't even qualify for anything these days. So your best beto is still ET, if you can make 20points in English, ITA can still come your way via NSW 190 or TAS 190/489 of you meet their requirements.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Jesona(m): 6:47pm On Jan 28, 2018
jayooh:

Mining and petroleum engineers don't even qualify for anything these days. So your best beto is still ET, if you can make 20points in English, ITA can still come your way via NSW 190 or TAS 190/489 of you meet their requirements.

Bro, your thoughts are quite the bitter truth. Do you think NSW has got any likely requirement like TAS? i'm not aware of. I don't know if there would be any downside preparing a chemical Engineer CDR basically on undergraduate studies, without relevant work experience because i will like to package it very carefully to avoid possibly getting an ET outcome which is the worst case scenario at the instance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.