Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,688 members, 7,816,801 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (597) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1207139 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by inagbe1: 11:02pm On Apr 07, 2018
Good evening everyone, my occupation is available for only state/regional nomination and i am considering either of Tasmania or Southern Australia.Does any of these two regions require POF
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 11:20pm On Apr 07, 2018
Adunnee:

He can get up to 70, from the points calculator.

As it stands today, he needs at least 85points as an accountant to be assured of an invite. Victoria and two other states sponsor Human Resource managers. You both can do the skill assessment if you have the resources and then take it from there.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by kech1981(f): 12:41am On Apr 08, 2018
Goodmorning everyone,i ran into this thread while searching info online on exactly this.I have read extensively the earlier pages of this thread.I am presently trying to get my statements of service from both my current employers and previous including NYSC place of primary assignment(i hope it is part of it).Please has anyone from the legal proffession or a judicial officer walked this path?so i may be appropriately guided.I plan to assess my skills and qualifications with VETASSESS sometime this month.Pls anyone with the experience to share?Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Adunnee: 4:38am On Apr 08, 2018
bellong:

As it stands today, he needs at least 85points as an accountant to be assured of an invite. Victoria and two other states sponsor Human Resource managers. You both can do the skill assessment if you have the resources and then take it from there.

Thank you Bellong. Please one more clarification:

1. We will do skills assessment as advised. Does it mean that we will state EOI separately, then whoever gets picked becomes the principal applicant?

2. Can you please tell me the two other States. It will make my search easier. I've checked Victoria.

Thank you so much.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cuetosh: 7:07am On Apr 08, 2018
inagbe1:
Good evening everyone, my occupation is available for only state/regional nomination and i am considering either of Tasmania or Southern Australia.Does any of these two regions require POF

I guess your POF means Proof of Fund. Australian Skilled Immigration does not require POF.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cuetosh: 7:12am On Apr 08, 2018
yungmin:

Thanks for responding. But is this visa same as the sub class 189?

Please read the differences between visa 189 and 190 on page 0 of this thread
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by fruitful2015: 7:20am On Apr 08, 2018
@bellong
Let me introduce myself.
Am 30 years old, studied social work but not practicing I head my department basically trading and production in my unit with 5 years experience, though I raised to the top early in my career.

My husband is an I. T manager with 10 years experience he is 35years old.

Am so confused on where and how to start.
I need a proper guide so that I don't mess it all up, because I don't want to take chances it's quite expensive to be refused at the end of the day.
From changing my passport to my husband's name, account name to husband's name, writing English exam, sending transcript, skill assessment and all, employment reference letter.

With your experience is it also worth the whole stress, getting a skilled job in Australia and then getting a citizenship.

Am so sorry for the long post.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by FCCA2012: 8:24am On Apr 08, 2018
Is it possible to assess different occupation with the same assessing body?

I actually got a positive assessment from ICAA for general accountant and I will like to assess as a finance manager because of the long queue for accountants.

Although I am aware IPA and CPA also assesses but I found ICAA lenient after my experience wt vetassess.

For those that have assessed wt CPA or IPA how was your experience with them ?

cc: bellong, mamajaz and others please any advice will be appreciated. I currently have 75 points.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Adunnee: 9:01am On Apr 08, 2018
Hello House,

Please I have another question. I have a Bachelors degree in Zoology and a Masters degree in Human Resources. My current occupation is Human Resources Management. Do I need to send my Bachelors degree transcript or just my Masters degree transcript for assessment?

Thank you
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tunlex01(m): 10:58am On Apr 08, 2018
bellong:

Chai....85 points when my points calculation is 70.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Neks001(f): 11:59am On Apr 08, 2018
Hello House,

Please I have another question. I have a Bachelors degree in Zoology and a Masters degree in Human Resources. My current occupation is Human Resources Management. Do I need to send my Bachelors degree transcript or just my Masters degree transcript for assessment?

Thank you

Yes, you have to send your bachelors and Masters transcripts...do u have upto 3 managers reporting to you, and then 3 managers reporting to those mangers under u? If the answer is no, there's no point wasting ur money, Aim is very strict.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 4:00pm On Apr 08, 2018
yungmin:

Thanks for responding. But is this visa same as the sub class 189?

The 190 visa differs from the 189 in that you must be nominated by a state and have a moral obligation to reside in such a state for 2years upon arrival in Australia, while the 189 is independent has its name implies and you can choose to live in your most preferred location. But as far as knowledge can serve me they possess similar privileges in term of government support and residency status.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by praiseisgood: 4:01pm On Apr 08, 2018
FCCA2012:
Is it possible to assess different occupation with the same assessing body?

I actually got a positive assessment from ICAA for general accountant and I will like to assess as a finance manager because of the long queue for accountants.

Although I am aware IPA and CPA also assesses but I found ICAA lenient after my experience wt vetassess.

For those that have assessed wt CPA or IPA how was your experience with them ?

cc: bellong, mamajaz and others please any advice will be appreciated. I currently have 75 points.

Hi FCCA2012,

CPA is cool and objective. Why not check ICAA as well because some of the assessing bodies allow for dual assessment only that you can only use one of the assessment at a time (i.e you can't use both concomitantly).

Have you submitted EOI for NSW? With your 75 points and 5 points SS you should be on 80 points. I have read (on expatforum) of G-Accountant nominated by NSW recently with 80 points (SS inclusive) giving the fact that they have Superior English and work experience (both of which you have).

Also, have you considered your MBA (obtained in Australia)? That should give you additional point if you have concluded it.

I think you should look at your options critically before committing resources to additional assessment.

Your profile (from my point of view) is good to go.

All the best.

It will end in praise.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 4:09pm On Apr 08, 2018
inagbe1:
not proof per say, but require you to make a financial declaration. They might then go ahead to ask you for proof or not. But most cases I have heard never asked for the proof
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 4:11pm On Apr 08, 2018
Adunnee:

Thank you Bellong. Please one more clarification:

1. We will do skills assessment as advised. Does it mean that we will state EOI separately, then whoever gets picked becomes the principal applicant?

2. Can you please tell me the two other States. It will make my search easier. I've checked Victoria.

Thank you so much.
Exactly what he implied. grin
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by trastar(f): 4:44pm On Apr 08, 2018
Adunnee:
Hello House,

Thank you

Assessing as a human resource manager will mean you being an actual manager like @Nekks has pointed out. If you aren't, don't waste your money.
However, your husband is a better person to apply as a PA. His years of experience is more than enough.
Talk to people who have gone through Acs assessment. Gather his documents and he should be good to go.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Adunnee: 4:51pm On Apr 08, 2018
trastar:

Assessing as a human resource manager will mean you being an actual manager like @Nekks has pointed out. If you aren't, don't waste your money.
However, your husband is a better person to apply as a PA. His years of experience is more than enough.
Talk to people who have gone through Acs assessment. Gather his documents and he should be good to go.

Thanks. As Nekks advised, I'm thinking of using HR Adviser. I'm currently reading up on 489 visa and 407. If I have further questions, I will throw it in. Thank you all.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Adunnee: 4:53pm On Apr 08, 2018
jayooh:

Exactly what he implied. grin

Thank you. I needed to confirm.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by inagbe1: 5:17pm On Apr 08, 2018
jayooh:
not proof per say, but require you to make a financial declaration. They might then go ahead to ask you for proof or not. But most cases I have heard never asked for the proof
Thank you very much, i really appreciate.Either of the two states (Tasmania and Southern Australia) will require me to make a financial declaration?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by FCCA2012: 12:11am On Apr 09, 2018
[quote author=praiseisgood post=66536200]

Thanks for your advice, I will be waiting for 190 then. Fingers crossed
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by afosahid: 4:01am On Apr 09, 2018
Please PM me
Jesse090:
hello bro pls I need your help wit Pte material and advice on the exam
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 11:00am On Apr 09, 2018
inagbe1:
Thank you very much, i really appreciate.Either of the two states (Tasmania and Southern Australia) will require me to make a financial declaration?
Yes they would
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by kooledge: 7:32pm On Apr 09, 2018
My people good evening. I really need to hear from some of us here that have recently done EA assessment. I applied for fast track assessment on February 27 o and up till now I have not been assigned. Have called them twice and they kept telling me they are clearing Christmas backlog. This thing done tire me o. What should I do?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by TRed: 7:48pm On Apr 09, 2018
For South Australia, you only need to complete the declaration when submitting your application online and it is just stating the cash available in one space, and other assets' monetary values in another space. The sum of these two should cover the amount required for your family composition. Check this for more info: http://www.migration.sa.gov.au/skilled-migrants/nomination-process/skilled-nomination-requirements

inagbe1:
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by inagbe1: 8:38pm On Apr 09, 2018
TRed:
For South Australia, you only need to complete the declaration when submitting your application online and it is just stating the cash available in one space, and other assets' monetary values in another space. The sum of these two should cover the amount required for your family composition. Check this for more info: http://www.migration.sa.gov.au/skilled-migrants/nomination-process/skilled-nomination-requirements

Thank you very much, God will bless you

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by piusford: 11:27pm On Apr 09, 2018
[quote author=adeomoade post=66436524]Got my grant today,

Congratulations, bro.

@Joshlight, congratulations.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 11:34pm On Apr 09, 2018
adeomoade:
Got my grant today, SC 489 .
IELTS : 25/03/2017
NT NOMINATION: 17/10/2017
VISA APPLICATION: 28/12/2017
CO CONTACT: 22/03/2018
GRANT: 04/04/2018
IED: 28/12/2018.
TOTAL POINTS: 70 POINTS.
CO advised me to withdraw my niece application. I withdrew it on 29/03/2018.

My sincere appreciation goes to Oga Bellong, Oknee, Jaybwoi, Piusford, Iceberg and all others for your assistant and guidance on this journey. Thank you all.
Congrats bro.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by charlie111(m): 1:02am On Apr 10, 2018
Hello friends, can I pay for PTE-A using my dollar card? Otherwise can I get the voucher ASAP from anyone here?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 2:45am On Apr 10, 2018
kooledge:
My people good evening. I really need to hear from some of us here that have recently done EA assessment. I applied for fast track assessment on February 27 o and up till now I have not been assigned. Have called them twice and they kept telling me they are clearing Christmas backlog. This thing done tire me o. What should I do?

Bro I feel you but you have to wait...there's not much you can do....guess that's the ripple effect of having loads of people wanting to do skill assessment for migration.Hope you hear from them soonest.Goodluck!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Blezedchild: 4:01am On Apr 10, 2018
Pls my seniors in d house, I av already written my ielts exam twice and I am nt able to score d required 10 pts. My best score presently is ( L6.5,R6.5,W6.5,S7.5) I have 8yrs working experience as a statistician. I have a diploma in Statistics and a degree in Industrial Mathematics. Can I possibly evaluate both certificates. Can it give me a boost. Also I will like to know, how to check for d states where my profession is in demand. Secondly the financial implication of d process. And thirdly it seems my profession falls under the temporary skill shortage (M) program is it advisable to apply for d TSS(M).Pls pardon me for d long post
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by afosahid: 8:21am On Apr 10, 2018
I experienced exactly the same thing. I applied for fast track on 21st Feb and a case officer was not assigned until 28th March. Average time before your CDR gets assigned now is 26 working days for fast track. However, once they start your review, they will give you an outcome quickly as long as you provide whatever additional documents they require as soon as they request it. All the best!

kooledge:
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tomalin: 11:08am On Apr 10, 2018
Hi guys ,

Just in case you are not qualified for skilled immigration , you should consider coming to study in Australia for a start and to get your foot in and this is how .

To study in Australia you'll need to apply for both admission to an institution and also for a student visa from the Australian Government.
There are a number of steps you must go through including:
• Deciding on your preferred course and institution.
• Submitting your application to the institution.
• Receiving and accepting a Letter of Offer.
• Receiving your electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE).
• Applying for your student visa.

There is a range of entry requirements that you will need to meet both for you institution application and your visa application. This can include:
• Academic requirements.
• English language requirements.
• Evidence of funds to support your study.
• Overseas student health cover.

If you're already living or working in Australia, you may still be able to apply to study here as an international student.

Appointed Education Agents
Education agents in your home country can also help you with applying to study in Australia. It is a requirement under the ESOS Act, that all institutions maintain a list of their appointed agents and for that list to be published on their website. Please visit the institution's website at which you intend to study to view a list of their agents near you.

Education agents:
Once you've made the decision to study in Australia and you know where you want to study and which course you want to undertake, you can enroll directly with the institution. If, however, you need more help with the admission application process, or the Australia visa application process, you can choose to use an education agent.
An education agent can tell you about your options for studying and living in Australia and assist with your visa and institution applications. In many cases, agents have had experience studying in Australia and can share their experiences with you. In addition, because they are dealing every day with application and visa application requirements they will be able to give you guidance for your particular situation.

Here are some tips for choosing an agent:
• Under Australian Government law, every Australian education institution that uses the services of an education agent needs to have a contract with that organization.
• Australian education institutions usually have more than one education agent appointed in a country so speak to more than one agent – collect and compare information.
• Under Australian Government law, every Australian education institution has to list on their website every education agent it has appointed to represent them in each country.
• Choose an education agent with experience helping students study in Australia – they will have a good knowledge of the Australian education system, visas and life in Australia.
• Make sure that the agent is an authorized representative of the institution that you want to apply to. You can ask to see their letter of appointment from the institutions if you want.
• Ask about any fees that may be levied for using their services.
• Have a third party or friend help you understand the documents before you sign any documents.
• Remember, education agents cannot guarantee a permanent visa or work placement in Australia after you graduate. Their job is to help with applications, so if it sounds too good to be true, keep looking. A reputable agent will be honest about the application process.
If you need migration advice use a migration agent who is registered in Australia. Some Registered Migration Agents are located overseas or have representatives in international markets. If an education agent is based in Australia, it is against the law for them to provide you with migration advice, unless they are also a Registered Migration Agent.

NOTE: In most cases you may require an education agent to help you file your application to the school and your visa with the department of home affairs.

So, in a nut shell, decide on the course and institution you want to study at, approach the school for admission, approach an education agent (lists are on the schools website) and start working towards studying in Australia in the next student intake!!!!!
Good luck !!

Source: http://www.afroaussieforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=101

(1) (2) (3) ... (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.