Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,454 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1207604 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by oknee: 7:00am On Sep 07, 2016
noblealuu:
Thank you so much! @Oknee

What material(s) did you use for preparation in terms of studies?

Can this exams be written from within Australia should one's spouse who is in a different occupation in demand stands a better chance as the primary applicant?!

God bless...

Yea, it can also be written in all the major cities in Australia. Why not begin the assessment now that queensland is nominating MLT.

I used the recommended textbooks from aims.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by oknee: 7:11am On Sep 07, 2016
nelszx:

I'm interested too nelszx@gmail.com. I'm a MLSct thinking towards that line and congrats @oknee
Sent
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by oknee: 7:14am On Sep 07, 2016
iceberg54:
@Oknee, please send to icelander54@yahoo.com as well. Thanks

......loll .but you are not a MLS.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by iceberg54: 7:34am On Sep 07, 2016
oknee:

......loll .but you are not a MLS.

Lol...No, I'm not. A close friend needs it. cheesy
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by LezDiva(f): 9:44am On Sep 07, 2016
kindly help with the questions too am interested xx thanks
oknee:

Have you done the assessment with aims? Exam was OK. for the questions, you can paste your email so I can send the site I posted the questions. Dubai was cool and affordable and the visa was not stressful.

All the best.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by LezDiva(f): 9:46am On Sep 07, 2016
xx
oknee:

Sent
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by noblealuu: 10:13am On Sep 07, 2016
oknee:

Yea, it can also be written in all the major cities in Australia. Why not begin the assessment now that queensland is nominating MLT.

I used the recommended textbooks from aims.

I don't have up to 2yrs post-qualification experience as part of the conditions for Qland nomination.

Still gathering funds before kick-starting the process.

@Ma'am Oknee after the pre-assessment by AIMS and my credentials are found worthy, my designation will be Med Lab Tech pending when I will write the AIMS exams? Can Q'land nominate me just as so? I pray you settle in Aussie soon to dispel my mixed feelings; you've been a source of motivation.

Morso, still on the nomination, what about Financial capacity/sufficient fund as a requirement, what's your take on it?

Hmm it's quite a FAR COUNTRY. God bless @Oknee.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Obiwannn: 1:40pm On Sep 07, 2016
malkinburg:
Hey Peeps have some good news to share, so i just graduated and moved to Sydney from brisbane about a month ago. Today was my first day of work as an Environmental engineer with a reputable company. My advice to folks with engineering degrees, i believe the grass is greener here. you should just know how to apply wisdom in your search for opportunity.

What are the job prospects pleaseof pure chemical engineering guys? I dont really fancy Switching to Environmental eng
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by cuteannie02: 3:34pm On Sep 07, 2016
amazingraze:

Thanks cuteannie02, I really appreciate. My task is focused more on poultry .Does this mean I don't have to bother about the forestry part? Thanks

Yes, u should be fine, u don't have to mention forestry since ur employment reference won't state that, poultry alone is fine, don't forget to draft ur reference letter in line with the anzsco description before signing with ur employer
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by vansledge(m): 4:36pm On Sep 07, 2016
cc: bellong
pls just a quick questions
1. In place of PTE/IELTS can my certification awarded to me by an American body stand in?
2. I am an Electrical Engr by BSc and also a Welding inspector, can i apply as an electrical engr and will i be able to work as a welding inspector (cos both SOL and CSOL has no welding inspection on their list, all i saw was fitter and welder).
thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 4:52pm On Sep 07, 2016
vansledge:
cc: bellong
pls just a quick questions
1. In place of PTE/IELTS can my certification awarded to me by an American body stand in?
2. I am an Electrical Engr by BSc and also a Welding inspector, can i apply as an electrical engr and will i be able to work as a welding inspector (cos both SOL and CSOL has no welding inspection on their list, all i saw was fitter and welder).
thanks

1. The English test is for points, if you don't need point from English, you can ask for exemption but I don't know how you can make 60points without it.

Even if a Briton is to apply, he/she will write an English test to make up for the points.

2. Yes you can apply as an electrical engineer. You only need to write a very good CDR for Engineer Australia. Don't ask me how, I am not an Engineer.
You can work in any area you want when you arrive.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 5:58pm On Sep 07, 2016
Obiwannn:

What are the job prospects pleaseof pure chemical engineering guys? I dont really fancy Switching to Environmental eng
When you get your PR, you can decide on what job/career to focus on.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by oknee: 7:03pm On Sep 07, 2016
noblealuu:

I don't have up to 2yrs post-qualification experience as part of the conditions for Qland nomination.

Still gathering funds before kick-starting the process.

@Ma'am Oknee after the pre-assessment by AIMS and my credentials are found worthy, my designation will be Med Lab Tech pending when I will write the AIMS exams? Can Q'land nominate me just as so? I pray you settle in Aussie soon to dispel my mixed feelings; you've been a source of motivation.

Morso, still on the nomination, what about Financial capacity/sufficient fund as a requirement, what's your take on it?

Hmm it's quite a FAR COUNTRY. God bless @Oknee.

After your initial assessment, aims will classify you as MLT. You ge MLS after you pass the professional exam. Yes, queensland is presently nominating both MLT and MLS. You can apply with MLT if you don't want to use the MLS route.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by oknee: 7:12pm On Sep 07, 2016
iceberg54:

Lol...No, I'm not. A close friend needs it. cheesy
LezDiva:
willybritney85@yahoo.com

Sent
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OmogeNG: 8:04pm On Sep 07, 2016
amazingraze:
Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this wonderful thread, I’ve really benefitted from the wealth of info here. I want to nominate agricultural consultant for assessment with VETASSESS but need to ask a few question before going ahead.

1. What 5 major task does VETASSESS accept for agricultural consultant? I’ve gone through ANZSCO but the occupation task for agricultural consultant seems to be merged with that of agricultural and forestry scientist.
2. Does VETASSESS rate B.Sc. from Ahmadu Bello University as AQF bachelor?
3. I read online that someone got a negative assessment due to low learning/guided hours per week. What number of learning hours per week is appropriate to get positive assessment for agricultural consultant?

@bellong, OmogeNG cuteannie02, Okosay…….and others who are familiar with VETASSESS, your contributions will be appreciated. Thanks

If it is a 5yr degree, it will definitely be assessed positively. I'm sure you did a practical year during the degree. There is a section on the form to add that, and also another section to include your final year project.

You have to choose an aspect of Agriculture you consult in. You can be a crop farming consultant, livestock farming consultant etc. Just pretty much write down what you do in formal language.

Low learning hours? Never heard that before. Anyways...I'm sure your timetable for the degree was Monday to Friday, 6-8hrs per day, so you should have no issues with that.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OmogeNG: 8:24pm On Sep 07, 2016
Ifexsco:
Oga Bellong, good day o
Before i ask some more specific questions, let me ask some general one......
In the grant, it is stated I must nt arrive after 2021....that to return I will need a visa. Pls whats the import of this?
I must enter before 6th feb 2017, any advice on when might be best to enter Oz?
What ways can one making his land over there soft in terms of keeping costs down (accommodation, school for children, etc)?
I was assessed as a Petroleum Engineer and I have mostly lecturing exp, what can you advice i do careerwise? in the shorterm, mid term...I need to start earning asap

Abeg more questions will follow.....

Your PR visa is for 5yrs. It allows you go in and out of the country for 5yrs, and allows you stay indefinitely in the country. It is expected that you would have gotten citizenship within those 5yrs. If by any chance you haven't gotten citizenship within those 5yrs, and you intend leaving the country for whatever reason, you will need a Resident Return Visa (RRV) to re-enter. A RRV takes about 1-2business days to get if you apply onshore, and about 1 week if overseas. There are some eligibility criteria for the RRV though. You must have resided for at least 2yrs in the 5yr period before applying for the RRV. It is not necessarily 2yrs at a stretch, but 2yrs cumulatively.

You must enter before 2017 means you must validate your visa before Feb 2017, as you cannot enter after your medical or pcc expires. It does not mean you have to settle in Australia. You can validate the trip and relocate at a later date.

Family Tax Benefit will considerably help with settling in. If you had a baby less than 12months ago or so (not sure), you can get up to 750 per fortnight...depending on your income. It is hard to give general advice, unless you can say the state you will be settling in and how old your kid(s) is/are. Let me know.

I am huge believer of 'Don't let anyone tell you some jobs are not for migrants'. Don't listen to such advice. If you want a lecturing job, you can get it. Approach the different unis around you, or email their HR dept. You can also look at other job adverts and see what their general requirements are. You might even get here and decide to change careers altogether. However, in the meanwhile, many new migrants do a quick course in disability support or individual care. That will enable you get a job in healthcare support industry. You can get the certificate 3 for free, as many states...if not all...have a certificate 3 guarantee program. Disability support/individual care jobs can pay anywhere from 25 dollars per hr and above, excluding penalty rates.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by utcheylee: 9:03pm On Sep 07, 2016
Hello gurus,

I have a quick question on eoi I noticed it only ielts and oet is showing on the form for prove of English, how can someone with pte upload its result.

I also saw we're they ask why did you choose the visa type,should we just talk about our skills, how we will how add value to the state and whatever we know about the state we are nominating.

I just saw the template online trying to get a hang of it while I wait for vetassess to respond as today makes it 14working days that I submitted my application after advisory services.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ifexsco: 9:44pm On Sep 07, 2016
Wow! So insightful! Thanks. My kids are 1 year 8 months and 4 months at the moment. Not decided on state/city; was thinking Perth cos its like engineering city and more universities doing petroleum engineering programs, am also thinking Sydney. Your suggestions are welcome. When do you think is best to enter? We are definitely coming in to settle. More advice ejoo....
OmogeNG:

Your PR visa is for 5yrs. It allows you go in and out of the country for 5yrs, and allows you stay indefinitely in the country. It is expected that you would have gotten citizenship within those 5yrs. If by any chance you haven't gotten citizenship within those 5yrs, and you intend leaving the country for whatever reason, you will need a Resident Return Visa (RRV) to re-enter. A RRV takes about 1-2business days to get if you apply onshore, and about 1 week if overseas. There are some eligibility criteria for the RRV though. You must have resided for at least 2yrs in the 5yr period before applying for the RRV. It is not necessarily 2yrs at a stretch, but 2yrs cumulatively.

You must enter before 2017 means you must validate your visa before Feb 2017, as you cannot enter after your medical or pcc expires. It does not mean you have to settle in Australia. You can validate the trip and relocate at a later date.

Family Tax Benefit will considerably help with settling in. If you had a baby less than 12months ago or so (not sure), you can get up to 750 per fortnight...depending on your income. It is hard to give general advice, unless you can say the state you will be settling in and how old your kid(s) is/are. Let me know.

I am huge believer of 'Don't let anyone tell you some jobs are not for migrants'. Don't listen to such advice. If you want a lecturing job, you can get it. Approach the different unis around you, or email their HR dept. You can also look at other job adverts and see what their general requirements are. You might even get here and decide to change careers altogether. However, in the meanwhile, many new migrants do a quick course in disability support or individual care. That will enable you get a job in healthcare support industry. You can get the certificate 3 for free, as many states...if not all...have a certificate 3 guarantee program. Disability support/individual care jobs can pay anywhere from 25 dollars per hr and above, excluding penalty rates.

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ifexsco: 10:49pm On Sep 07, 2016
Waiting on you boss! Thanks
bellong:
Ifexsco,

I will give a detailed response to your questions when I have free time.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by adejuwon1: 10:53pm On Sep 07, 2016
Congratulations!!!!!! Wow am happy for u and ur family

Ifexsco:
The Grant with the longest timeline has arrived!!!
The timeline is as follows;
10th December, 2014; sent in my application to Engineer Australia for assessment
5th April, 2015; Got a positive assessment, dated 2nd March.
6th April; submitted an EOI
10th April: received an ITA. The speed made me wonder if the thing na real!
22nd May; lodged my application. Made the payment but wasn’t able to upload documents because my immi account was acting up.
I discovered Nairaland and through the discussions, I discovered I had made a HUGE error- had claimed some prequalification job experience. My points should actually be 60 and not 65. E-family had given me HBP with their comments that I had made a BOGUS claim and therefore jeopardized my application. However, of all these comments, Manmeta said I will be fine…..that he can feel it within his bones. This singular comment did a lot to calm me down.
25th June; by the direction of NNBB abi Bellong, I wrote DIPB a love letter making a passionate appeal for my points to tb corrected to 60. I stated it was an error done in ignorance and not a BOGUS claim.
13th July; they responded saying that it has been noted.
17th July; I was assigned a CO and he requested for documents and medicals. Remembered I was not able to upload my documents. I had put medicals on hold to see the outcome of my plea. I requested for my immi account to be repaired, still gave issues but one day it opened and I was able to upload the docs.
4th August; I and my family went for medicals
4th September; 1st request for outstanding documents! They asked for my form 80 and F1221. I sent the docs as email attachments. They first mail had omitted these forms, I resent it. They got the second mail and yet only decided to open the first one!
11th September; they sent a mail requesting to correct my score from 65 to 60. They said they agree it was an unintentional error. I sharperly consented! At this point my BP normalized…
24th September; 2nd request for outstanding documents! Asking for form 80 and F1221 AGAIN! I discovered they don’t check their mails so I resulted to calling them asap after I have sent a document. However, they also requested for my wife’s evidence of functional English as her certificates submitted is not a proof that the courses were taught and examined in English. Na vernacular we dey use learn for Nigeria
The letter for proof of functional English took 4 weeks to obtain. UNICAL and una registrar I tire for una!
27th November; 3rd request for outstanding documents! They asked for my CV. I had attached it earlier but as usual….. They also asked for my wife’s transcript. Remembering what I passed through to get a simple letter, I acted wisely. I contacted a friend working in the university where my wife was doing her Msc and we were able to retrieve her transcript from the PG school and I photocopied it. Sharp guy!!
28th January 2016; 4th request for outstanding documents! I tire for this people! They asked I should provide the following; address (including street number) for 2 work places I had claimed (I had written only the city where they were situated), Name of family business which I was involved in. (it was a road side unregistered and nameless shop), show evidence of how I supported myself financially during my Msc abroad. Na wa! They thought I had worked during my Msc. I found the electronic receipt of my school fees paid by my father; I sent it as I didn’t have any bank statement for that period.
During all this my wife got pregnant. We thought the grant will come out and we could leave by March. We never heard anything up till March 21st when we put the application on hold.
15th April; they wrote saying my application was decision ready. They informed me of the advantage of delivering the baby onshore and asked for my wife’s due date.
15th June; requested for my application to be reopened. Our baby had arrived May 17th.
23rd June; they requested the baby to go for medicals.
8th July; the baby’s medicals was done and submitted.
2nd September; THE 189 GRANT LANDED for myself, wife and two kids!!!! It has been a dogged journey. It took a lot of will power, PERIODS of despair, anxiety (waking up every night to check mails and so many of those days, they was no mail!). Hope someone will learn from my mistakes. But above all, I believe God allowed it to be so for a reason.
My appreciation goes to God almighty, BossLadyMo, NNBB, Oga Bellong, Manmeta, Izykvision, etc.
The land of Oz, here we come!

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by classichsy(m): 10:58pm On Sep 07, 2016
Pretty informative. Thank you
How about Computer and IT related.
Any preference to particular city?

OmogeNG:

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bumpypat(m): 11:24pm On Sep 07, 2016
Pls i have a degree in civil engineering...has anyone successfully used PTE exam to gt assessment from engineers australia?..am confused cus in their site they accept jt IELTS and started accepting TOEFL jt january 1 2016
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by classichsy(m): 11:33pm On Sep 07, 2016
Congrat man. God bless your hussle.
I did like to klnow the prospect of Computer and IT related. Are they okay outhere cos I relaize you mention medical and engineering. Awaiting your comment.

malkinburg:
Hey Peeps have some good news to share, so i just graduated and moved to Sydney from brisbane about a month ago. Today was my first day of work as an Environmental engineer with a reputable company. My advice to folks with engineering degrees, i believe the grass is greener here. you should just know how to apply wisdom in your search for opportunity.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jelmusboy(m): 11:50pm On Sep 07, 2016
I am a Medical Laboratory Scientist and I am also registered in the UK as Biomedical Scientist with a Licentiate membership of the Institute of Biomedical Science (UK). I am submitting my documents to AIMS for assessment tomorrow with IELTS overall test score of 7.5, 5 years of work experience starting from internship till now.

I just hope AIMS will assess me as a Medical Laboratory Scientist because of my registration and MSc degree in Public Health in the UK. I am yet to read this thread very well but when the need arises, I will come back to it.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 2:10am On Sep 08, 2016
Anyone completed a VETASSESS skill assessment recently? How long does it take to get a reply?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ifexsco: 2:25am On Sep 08, 2016
Thanks so much! Na the Lord do am!
adejuwon1:
Congratulations!!!!!! Wow am happy for u and ur family

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 5:17am On Sep 08, 2016
bumpypat:
Pls i have a degree in civil engineering...has anyone successfully used PTE exam to gt assessment from engineers australia?..am confused cus in their site they accept jt IELTS and started accepting TOEFL jt january 1 2016
EA doesn't accept PTE. Its been said many times. Only IELTS or Toefl.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by simpson2016: 7:43am On Sep 08, 2016
utcheylee:
Hello gurus,

I have a quick question on eoi I noticed it only ielts and oet is showing on the form for prove of English, how can someone with pte upload its result.

I also saw we're they ask why did you choose the visa type,should we just talk about our skills, how we will how add value to the state and whatever we know about the state we are nominating.

I just saw the template online trying to get a hang of it while I wait for vetassess to respond as today makes it 14working days that I submitted my application after advisory services.
Hi, please did vetassess state on their site that their assessment will take two weeks if you go through advisory? I'm asking cos I should have the outcome of my advisory request next Monday and plan to apply for the assessment immediately. I'm curious to know, cos I've read that their assessment takes months.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by iceberg54: 8:23am On Sep 08, 2016
jelmusboy:
I am a Medical Laboratory Scientist and I am also registered in the UK as Biomedical Scientist with a Licentiate membership of the Institute of Biomedical Science (UK). I am submitting my documents to AIMS for assessment tomorrow with IELTS overall test score of 7.5, 5 years of work experience starting from internship till now.

I just hope AIMS will assess me as a Medical Laboratory Scientist because of my registration and MSc degree in Public Health in the UK. I am yet to read this thread very well but when the need arises, I will come back to it.

There was an agreement between IBMS and AIMS sometimes ago. I believe you should be assessed positively, especially with your experience.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by utcheylee: 9:01am On Sep 08, 2016
Hello Simpson,

Someone asked the same question you can read from page 60 to get the info or go through okosay posts.

quote author=simpson2016 post=49171448]
Hi, please did vetassess state on their site that their assessment will take two weeks if you go through advisory? I'm asking cos I should have the outcome of my advisory request next Monday and plan to apply for the assessment immediately. I'm curious to know, cos I've read that their assessment takes months. [/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.