Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,962 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1207767 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 9:52am On Sep 09, 2016
chidike:

I spoke "Phoney", but it was clear and I ensured I pronounced correctly. You also need to "flow", I believe if you sound tensed or not relaxed it will come out in your speech as you might have breaks like "er", and I was also the only one in the room, I'm sure my voice was loud. I heard speaking brings guys down a lot. I was lucky, got 90.
What was your score in other bands?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sandysprax(m): 11:00am On Sep 09, 2016
sandysprax:
Hi guys,

I've been following for a while now and I understand the basics at this point. I have a B.Sc in Computer Science & an M.sc in information security and audit but most of my work experience is in Banking as I have been working in a bank for some 3 years now. Considering that I didn't do work related to my qualification.

Are they going to assess my qualification or work experience? Do I stand a chance with this immigration process?

Somebody should pls answer this o abeg.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by classichsy(m): 11:05am On Sep 09, 2016
Very Informative. Thank you, you far too kind....
I salute and don my hat for gurus in the building.
However, I did like to know the best bet to go about changing a tourist Visa to work permit visa category.
your best piece of advice is welcome.
Thank you in advance...

bellong:
@Ifexsco and to whom it may concern

OmogeNG has answered your questions, nothing for me to add really.

However, I will make one or two comments.

I can't tell you authoritatively the city to reside in as a Petroleum engineer because the oil and gas as well as the mining industry are experiencing a downturn which is a global phenomenon. About two weeks ago, someone living in Perth told me he has plan to relocate to Sydney as Engineers in Perth are becoming jobless due to the downturn.
Nevertheless, the petroleum centre of the country still remain Western Australia and Northern part of Queensland. When things get settled, you might want to beam your light there.
For environmental engineering or science, there are jobs available in most of the states/ major cities.

For the guy asking about ICT jobs, you might want to consider Melbourne or Sydney. Melbourne seems to be the SIlicon Valley of Australia as per ICT roles.

On securing a temporary jobs, as a start I should tell you that in this country, there is dignity in labour. It doesn't matter what you do, you will be able to afford basic things and pay your bills. The first step is to decide on what you want to do and the career path you want to follow. Once you reach that stage, identify requirements of the position and start working towards fulfilling them. Once you believe you meet it, begin throwing in application.
To help the initial bill payment, there are lots of unskilled jobs to do. Like Omoge said, you can do short course in disability and aged care if it is something you can do or do a three day course in forklift. You could be lucky to get something in your field immediately, there is no rule that says you can't.

If you have interest in policing, you can apply to join any of the police in any of the state except the Federal Police as citizenship is required to join.

When applying for your jobs, your cover letter or selection criteria address is more important than your CV. It is what will give you opportunity for interviews. Importance of a good cover letter cannot be overemphasized and you cant just write blank statement about your skills, you need to supply an example of how you have used the skill using the STAR format -Situation, Task, Action and Result (google how to answer behavioural questions)

What to do immediately you land.... Apply for TFN (tax file number)
Register with Medicare and family Tax benefit if you are travelling with your family immediately.
Start looking for job. I will advice you to suspend the Family tax benefit payment to yearly once you find a job to avoid paying back overpayment at the end of the financial year.

As per your short term, mid and long term career.. Only you know what you want out of life. Decide on what you want to do and go for it. You have the opportunity to do anything you want to do once you have the minimum requirement/qualification.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by metrecube(m): 11:09am On Sep 09, 2016
simpson2016:
Omo all these engineers Chai, EA giving positive assessment everywhere, while I'm still waiting for the outcome of my vetassess advisory service. It's well. Congrats to you all!
Is it upto 20 working days? We are in d same shoe. Waiting for their response too. i lodged on 30th of August. I know it wont pass 20 working days.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by metrecube(m): 11:27am On Sep 09, 2016
OmogeNG:

You sef know abi? Lol. Northern Territory Police even gives free housing join sef.

The Police Custody Officer position in Melbourne is another good one. They are actively recruiting now, and the recruiting process is quite fast. Not as highly paid (Nothing in Melbourne is highly paid anyways yimu), but a starting salary of about 55k - 60k (penalties included). You also have the Police Auxiliary in NT. They are sworn members as well, but with slightly different duties. It does not have a swimming requirement or a high physicals requirement. It has 3 streams, and only 1 even requires a physical.
Hi sis, i pmd you. is d starting salary of 55k per year or month. I am a Project Builder, i will make more research about Darwin as you suggested. Thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 12:09pm On Sep 09, 2016
lizybos:
Did my PTE yesterday at UKEAS in Ikeja, result came out today. Not so good.
I had W 86, R 72, L 81, S 66.
One of the candidates was screaming on top of his voice and this made me not to hear some of my questions especially the Speaking session.
Please does any one know a better center with less distraction.
Thanks
Hello sis, if you did hours on 7th what set were you, noon abi?, please I need answer ' cos mine was 7th too but morning and I'm yet to see the result.
How did you get your results? Was it sent to your mail, please reply ASAP, thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 12:17pm On Sep 09, 2016
metrecube:

Hi sis, i pmd you. is d starting salary of 55k per year or month. I am a Project Builder, i will make more research about Darwin as you suggested. Thanks.

Who will pay you 55k per month?

You shouldn't ask this one...

7 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Teejah80: 3:13pm On Sep 09, 2016
@Lizybos, I pm you kindly reply please.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by metrecube(m): 3:59pm On Sep 09, 2016
bellong:

Who will pay you 55k per month?

You shouldn't ask this one...
Was suprised at d figure bro. Im use to nigeria system of monthly salary. Thanks for clarifying this.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by hordunayodt: 5:59pm On Sep 09, 2016
Good day all
Pls, I'm having issues splitting the signature page of form 1221 and form 80. Try using small pdf, but not going, then other online splitters not doing what I want, pls who has a better option as to how I can get this done. Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chidike(m): 6:13pm On Sep 09, 2016
mctowel01:

What was your score in other bands?
I got 90 in all of them.

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by hordunayodt: 6:50pm On Sep 09, 2016
Good day all
Pls, I'm having issues splitting the signature page of form 1221 and form 80. Try using small pdf, but not going, then other online splitters not doing what I want, pls who has a better option as to how I can get this done. Thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by lizybos(f): 6:58pm On Sep 09, 2016
piusford:

You might want to try Pearson center, there at Ikeja, after Shoprite. Your score is good. I scored W 90, R 76, L 74, S 58.
Any idea how to tackle speaking session? piusfords@gmail.com. Thank you.

You can check E2 language webinar on you tube to learn some tips on the Speaking skills.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by lizybos(f): 7:01pm On Sep 09, 2016
metrecube:

This score gives you 10 points. Are you targeting 20 points?

Yep, was targeting 20points.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 7:05pm On Sep 09, 2016
chidike:
I got 90 in all of them.
Woah!! Brilliant..*handsup*

5 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by lizybos(f): 7:11pm On Sep 09, 2016
Teejah80:
@Lizybos, I pm you kindly reply please.
Pm replied
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 2:13am On Sep 10, 2016
piusford:

You might want to try Pearson center, there at Ikeja, after Shoprite. Your score is good. I scored W 90, R 76, L 74, S 58.
Any idea how to tackle speaking session? piusfords@gmail.com. Thank you.
Did you do yours on 7th too? You must be the tall fair- complexioned young man at one corner there.
I was the only "she", amidst you.

....but for the speaking, your scores would have been close to perfect!
Yet to get my result though;
... in addition to Lizbos', you must shout to the computer, but that UKEAS testing room dey too small now, unless PTE just want to be gulping people's money, they should expand the room or reduce the number of test takers to two per session!!!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 2:16am On Sep 10, 2016
chidike:
I got 90 in all of them.
correct chap!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 2:35am On Sep 10, 2016
My status still showing :not reportable oh, on PTE-A line oh, make them shaperly collate my result and lemme see how he be oh, meanwhile lemme continue preparing again while waiting. My reading was ...hmmmmm...
Nobody to blame ohhhh, nah me carry infant go exam all and she disturbed me Weller that I loss concentration!
...but those UKEAS Ikeja workers are great, before I came out one of them had straddled her on her back.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by lizybos(f): 6:04am On Sep 10, 2016
mamajaz:
My status still showing :not reportable oh, on PTE-A line oh, make them shaperly collate my result and lemme see how he be oh, meanwhile lemme continue preparing again while waiting. My reading was ...hmmmmm...
Nobody to blame ohhhh, nah me carry infant go exam all and she disturbed me Weller that I loss concentration!
...but those UKEAS Ikeja workers are great, before I came out one of them had straddled her on her back.
It's not easy to combine nursing with exam. God will see you through.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bblessed: 8:05am On Sep 10, 2016
chidike:
I got 90 in all of them.

Bro could you pls tell me the steps,dos and don't you followed that made you score 90 overall. And did you speak very loud in your reading?

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Tunatebabe: 2:15pm On Sep 10, 2016
Please doyen
Can you please forward the PTE material to my email.
idenigbefortunate@gmail.com
I shall be very grateful thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by steroid: 2:32pm On Sep 10, 2016
What does high availability mean in the Skills list
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nickoko: 7:26pm On Sep 10, 2016
Can you forward me your study materials. Nicholasokoduwa1@gmail.com Please, Kindly help me, am in crazy need of 20points in PTE . Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ifexsco: 8:36pm On Sep 10, 2016
Bros how far? How is your relocation plan?
jukeblam:

'Hif! Hif!! Hif!!!'...
Congrats to you and your family! Omo, the timeline long true true- but na past tense now!! Congrats!!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ifexsco: 8:53pm On Sep 10, 2016
Hello Bro.....I sent you a mail....abeg respond. Thanks
scrollmeout:
Congrats Ome24
Hi folks. It's been ages I dropped something here. Make una nor vex. It's been exactly 1 month and 4 days we arrived in Sydney. God has been faithful. It's great to have Johnsontade around and Bellong and NNBB2012 on call. I finally got full time work and will be starting on Friday. Looking forward to it.

Chuckdee13, all the best. Wish your grant drops soonest.
More importantly, thanks to all the people who helped us in settling here, including the silent reader who accommodated my family and I for 3 weeks before we got our own place. God bless you and your family
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by noblealuu: 9:23pm On Sep 10, 2016
OmoAussie:
@Oknee
Yes I have done the paper assessment and the exam has been fixed for March 2017.
Again what was the cost -APPROXIMATE- Ticket visa and accommodation? I wish to compare with South Africa.
Are you on pinoyau.info
The questns, can reach me ; mycpdandme@yahoo.com
Tnx!

Did you do you MLS in nigeria?

What English Test did you do IELTS or PTE?

Finally, will a prospective candidate be mandated to write AIMS exam soon after a successful evaluation?

what is the current exam fee for the AIMS exam and will one be granted 15 points automatically when the exam is passed?

Pardon the myriad of questions and pls nne @oknee kindly do justice to ommoausie's above stated enquiries. Thannk you!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 9:28pm On Sep 10, 2016
chidike:
I got 90 in all of them.

wait o, isn't 90 the maximum possible score?? shocked shocked
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 6:47am On Sep 11, 2016
Bnimz:

wait o, isn't 90 the maximum possible score?? shocked shocked
Lol.. Azn eh! Pte is the way forward.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by timikenzo2(f): 7:59am On Sep 11, 2016
Nickoko:
Can you forward me your study materials. Nicholasokoduwa1@gmail.com
Please, Kindly help me, am in crazy need of 20points in PTE . Thanks
Please help send the pte material to me too, ademoksb@gmail. com. Many thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by timikenzo2(f): 8:11am On Sep 11, 2016
doyen06:

Please can we comment on this post please

It all depends on your case officer and if there is any peculiarity about your assessment application.
In my case it took about 8months(August 2015- April 2016) for me to get a response from Vetasses, I was so worried and kept mailing them almost every month after the elapse of the official 12 weeks, and they kept replying that there were carrying out integrity and security checks.
Sincerely, they confirmed all documents submitted from My company, do not try to play smart with them just in case you are trying to. (All documents will be checked and confirmed )
My result came out positive but 9yrs of experience reduced to 7. 8 yrs, I should have qualified for the 190 but now I have got to seat for pte to get at least 10points.
You may be lucky to get assessed within the 12 weeks though.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by piusford: 1:50pm On Sep 11, 2016
@Timikemzo2

You mean, your assessing body called your employers?

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.