Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,930 members, 7,835,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

HELP A SISTER DECIDE - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / HELP A SISTER DECIDE (726 Views)

I Am Tired Of Waiting, Please Help A Sister. / Help! A Friend Of Mine @31 No Boyfriend Not To Talk Of Marriage. / When You Decide To Pay Your Girlfriend A Surprise Visit In School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP A SISTER DECIDE by iamNotAlone(f): 11:27am On Apr 17, 2016
I am at my breaking point right now. I am about to make an important decision in my life right now and I want to hear your various opinion on it to enable me choose wisely. Trolls pls stay away

I met this dude last year, he's everything u can think of in a man.... . Initially I thought he was acting good but I discovered that's he's person. He understands women perfectly to my taste, he knows the right thing to do without me asking, but he has anger issues and over jealousy but which I can deal.
God bears me witness that I lie not or exaggerate not.
The issue now is... we want to take the rltnshp to another level since I will be going to service soon. I went to meet my spiritual leaders to seek God's approval over the rltnshp. They both ask us to Move on. I went to God personally but He gave me signs that confirm what my pastors said.
But my most elder brother will have none of that.. .. he says he knows the family so much that he can NEVER allow me marry into that family. And he won't state his reasons. He keeps saying that family is bad.
My mom went to pray about this because the issue was causing problems between my brother and I. and was given the same confirmation.

The worse is that my other sisters who are also my senior are taking sides with him. Only my mum is on my side. This is a very sensitive issue.

I told the dude yesterday about my brother's opinion about his family and he cried to my surprise.

Pls, what do I do? Let the senior brothers in the house pls talk to me........
Re: HELP A SISTER DECIDE by Nobody: 11:30am On Apr 17, 2016
Re: HELP A SISTER DECIDE by cruzita(f): 11:30am On Apr 17, 2016
Let your heart decide for you .
Re: HELP A SISTER DECIDE by Nobody: 11:31am On Apr 17, 2016
Look well before you take that step, don't accept any red flag, it will be a big obstacle in the future. If you can't cope with his anger quit now that you can.

1 Like

Re: HELP A SISTER DECIDE by delishpot: 11:40am On Apr 17, 2016
Why don't people pray to know Gods will and seek family opinion even before they start dating? That simple act would have resolved or given time to resolve this issue.
Anyway, you brother may have done some runs with the dude or someone from his family and so he knows that someone from the guys family has dirty hands but he will not say what it is cos, he may be forced to expose himself too. Just like a runs girl may not allow her brother marry a fellow runs girl because she knows what the babe does. But she will never come out clean to say why she is against the union because it will mean exposing her own ass.
For now, I can only say, give it time and things will sort themselves up.

NB since your mom is in support she should ask your brother to tell her why he is against it. He is making no sense as it is now because he can not just say No without giving any good reason for his decision. Make una beg am well. Or ask an elderly male in your family to talk to him. Maybe he will come clean.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: HELP A SISTER DECIDE by SweetieConstie(f): 11:41am On Apr 17, 2016
Follow your heart ma'am... You're the one who's getting married to him and not your family nor your pastors...

Since you said you prayed about it and God approves of him, why then are you allowing your family to cause you confusion?

They're your family members and definitely they'd want to protect your interest by being concerned about your life-partner and happiness, but that shouldn't warrant them dictating to you whom you should and should not marry!

What is your heart telling you? I suggest you think deeply about this and allow your heart guide you! If you love him genuinely, tolerating his bad habits is something you should be willing to do! Do you love him to the extent of accepting his marriage proposal against all odds? This should also be a food for thought!
Re: HELP A SISTER DECIDE by Nobody: 12:01pm On Apr 17, 2016
Tread with caution. Marriage is a huge endeavor.
Re: HELP A SISTER DECIDE by Amahson21: 1:51pm On Apr 17, 2016
Take a time of our own do a research about the dude family background and if nothing serious that could affect you tomorrow that you found then you follow your heart. Marriage is all about love and hapiness
Re: HELP A SISTER DECIDE by wizaro(m): 2:00pm On Apr 17, 2016
I think apart from praying too which is very important u hav to d a background check on d family like ur bro insist he might be saying d truth but pls don't rush or be hasty in taking decisions... It's marriage a life long Union... Jah is ur strength

(1) (Reply)

Bleep... / A Piece Of Good Advice To All Girls (must Read) / Could This Be Real (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.