Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,126 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:45 AM

Nigeria: Ghana Plans To Be Major Electricity Exporter To Nigeria, Others - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: Ghana Plans To Be Major Electricity Exporter To Nigeria, Others (12409 Views)

Obama Pledges $7bn For Electricity In Nigeria, Others / Malian Jihadist Group Threatens To Attack Nigeria, Others / Ghana Plans To Sell Electricity To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria: Ghana Plans To Be Major Electricity Exporter To Nigeria, Others by londoner: 11:38pm On Aug 09, 2009
Wait, why are the Ghanaians here getting ahead of themselves? Has Nigeria requested that you begin to supply Nigeria with electricity, or is it an "ambition" of Ghana to export electricity to Nigeria?

People are talking about being grateful and thinks of that ilk, when it seems no Nigerian has asked you to help out (rightly or wrongly).

Are you planning to smuggle the electricity in? I doubt the President will allow it, he would rather put his foot down (finally) and get it done by Nigerians.

Nigeria may be a failed/failing state, but what is very disturbing, is that many Ghanaians like it that way.
Re: Nigeria: Ghana Plans To Be Major Electricity Exporter To Nigeria, Others by alias64: 12:36am On Aug 10, 2009

All this, “Nigeria is a failing state” stuff is just a slight of hand trick

Most countries in the world are on the failing states lists; it just depends where on it your country appears.

For example, United States is ranked 159 on the list

So one could conceivably argue that America may be on the failing states list but I would like to visit sometime
Re: Nigeria: Ghana Plans To Be Major Electricity Exporter To Nigeria, Others by londoner: 12:49am On Aug 10, 2009
@alias64, we Nigerians all know the sorry state of the country. Its obvious to all.
Re: Nigeria: Ghana Plans To Be Major Electricity Exporter To Nigeria, Others by alias64: 12:56am On Aug 10, 2009

That is not my point. My point is that it is all relative. The point about the list is a good one
Re: Nigeria: Ghana Plans To Be Major Electricity Exporter To Nigeria, Others by londoner: 1:01am On Aug 10, 2009
Ok even if it is "relative" what difference does that make in reality, ?

IMO the point was not a good one, if it was offered to somehow disprove Nigeria as a failing state simply because America could be on the list.
Re: Nigeria: Ghana Plans To Be Major Electricity Exporter To Nigeria, Others by alias64: 1:08am On Aug 10, 2009
That it serves no useful purpose using the adjective Failing except it you want to demoralise young Nigerians.
Re: Nigeria: Ghana Plans To Be Major Electricity Exporter To Nigeria, Others by Thor(m): 9:28am On Aug 10, 2009
alias64:

All this, “Nigeria is a failing state” stuff is just a slight of hand trick

Most countries in the world are on the failing states lists; it just depends where on it your country appears.

For example, United States is ranked 159 on the list

So one could conceivably argue that America may be on the failing states list but I would like to visit sometime

LMAO grin grin grin

How desperate can a person get comparing the USA to Nigeria. It is like comparing a gold bar to a pile of horse shit grin
Re: Nigeria: Ghana Plans To Be Major Electricity Exporter To Nigeria, Others by londoner: 11:17am On Aug 10, 2009
@thor, you cant compare Ghana and the USA either.

Ghana is third world just like every other country in Africa, so stop going above your station , with your condescending tone.

You need a reality check.

The electricity and violent free elections which you have celebrated are but the bare minimum, there is nothing especially exemplary about it on the world scale, even though its something to celebrate within Africa.

@Alias64, yes I agree that we should distance ourselves from that type of language for the sake of making our tomorrow greater than our today.

We both agree on that.
Re: Nigeria: Ghana Plans To Be Major Electricity Exporter To Nigeria, Others by Gbawe: 11:51am On Aug 10, 2009
George_D:

my brother gbawe, you have spoken well once again. it just seems to me that some of our
friends in ghana have fallen to that 'i'm better better than my neighbor' syndrome and will
say anything to try and buttress the point
-even if it means putting out false or imaginary
claims.

Bruv, I really don't get why we Africans are obsessed with doing that !!! I can only conclude that it is testimony to the legacy and efficacy of the Colonialist 'divide and conquer' strategy laid down long ago. It is a shame it is still working so well till date despite our claims to unity and enlightenment.

Ghana  , like many African nation , has a lot of work to do to diminish poverty, illiteracy,poor access to credit for the populace,  insufficient healthcare, infrastructural innadequacies, brain-drain and many other issues that sees most African nations significantly lagging behind developed nations  . Objective Ghanaians understand this to the point that they would rather face the challenge at hand instead of getting distracted with a  desire to "school" anyone.

I am not sure this forum has objective Ghanaian members.
Re: Nigeria: Ghana Plans To Be Major Electricity Exporter To Nigeria, Others by alias64: 12:16pm On Aug 10, 2009
Thor
It is like comparing a gold bar to a pile of horse shit
shocked

You have the mentality of those primitives who on seeing white people for the first time handed over to them their children in exchange for the miracle of a looking-glass. You’re blind and have my pity.

Ironically, the value of gold surpasses that of horshsit because of this world of America and Europe, otherwise, in human terms, manure is more valuable than gold.
Re: Nigeria: Ghana Plans To Be Major Electricity Exporter To Nigeria, Others by Thor(m): 12:36pm On Aug 10, 2009
alias64:

Thor shocked

You have the mentality of those primitives who on seeing white people for the first time handed over to them their children in exchange for the miracle of a looking-glass. You’re blind and have my pity.

Ironically, the value of gold surpasses that of horshsit because of this world of America and Europe, otherwise, in human terms, manure is more valuable than gold.

I can see that the truth hurts  grin grin

If you are correct that manure is more valuable than gold, Nigeria must be the wealthiest nation on the planet  grin grin
Re: Nigeria: Ghana Plans To Be Major Electricity Exporter To Nigeria, Others by alias64: 12:45pm On Aug 10, 2009
Thor
If you are correct that manure is more valuable than gold, Nigeria must be the wealthiest nation on the planet

What you stated makes no sense to me.

Manure is in fact more valuable than gold. Without manure, the world would cease to exist. Fact

Nigeria must be the wealthiest nation on earth because of manure. Makes no sense.
Re: Nigeria: Ghana Plans To Be Major Electricity Exporter To Nigeria, Others by alias64: 12:52pm On Aug 10, 2009
Where has he gone, probably gone to Photoshop and image or something?
Re: Nigeria: Ghana Plans To Be Major Electricity Exporter To Nigeria, Others by Thor(m): 12:55pm On Aug 10, 2009
alias64:

Thor

What you stated makes no sense to me.

Manure is in fact more valuable  than gold. Without manure, the world would cease to exist. Fact

Nigeria must be the wealthiest nation on earth because of manure. Makes no sense.

Manure is shit, so as Nigeria is so full of shit (like you), it must be extremely wealthy  grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria: Ghana Plans To Be Major Electricity Exporter To Nigeria, Others by alias64: 1:06pm On Aug 10, 2009
Oh, I see, you mean that, as there are over 150 million Nigerians i.e. there most be a lot of shiting going on. Well that’s a strange way of looking at things.  In any case, America has over 303,824,640 people so, to borrow your puerile way of seeing things, there is a whole load more shit in America. That America is shitier than Nigeria! LOL

But what has this quaint imagery got to do with the fact that you are refusing to accept that manure is necessary for human survival? And that it is in fact more valuable than gold.
Re: Nigeria: Ghana Plans To Be Major Electricity Exporter To Nigeria, Others by Thor(m): 1:34pm On Aug 10, 2009
Manure is very little used in farming today. Chemical fertilizer is used instead!

The difference between the shit in the USA and the shit in Nigeria is that in the USA the shit is not left on the streets but gets processed at a sewage works!
Re: Nigeria: Ghana Plans To Be Major Electricity Exporter To Nigeria, Others by londoner: 1:40pm On Aug 10, 2009
Some fools just need to be ignored.
Re: Nigeria: Ghana Plans To Be Major Electricity Exporter To Nigeria, Others by nex(m): 2:12pm On Aug 10, 2009
Please, please, please. You people should take it easy on the fellow Thor. He's not used to holding logical discussion on the politics section. He's mostly found on the sexuality threads discussing anal sex, bestiality and the likes. So don't blame him. It will take a little time for him to adjust into this kind of more advanced discussion. Just give him some time.

I have said it time without number that in this decade, no country has gone backwards more than the USA.

1. How many full scale wars is Nigeria (0) involved in compared to the USA (3)?

2. How many major comprosations have collapsed in the USA (more than 20) compared to Nigeria (0)

3. How many jobs are being lost monthly in Nigeria (less than 1000) compared to the USA (120,000).

4. How much has been lost to government officials, company executives and private citizens on the count of corruption in Nigeria (billions of Naira) compared with the USA (tens of billions of dollars). In fact, that Madoff fellow by himself took care of tens of billions by himself. Besides, how much did the Governor of Chicago want to sell Obama's Senate seat for? Add that to the others.

5. The National Debt of Nigeria ($10 billion or 3% of GDP) compared to the USA ( is $12 trillion or 92% GDP) . 92% GDP means if the USA decides to pay It's debt today, only one state will get a budget allocation next year, and it will only get half of what it usually does.

6. In as much as we hear kidnappingp everyday in Nigeria (less than 5000 people kidnapped annually) compared to the USA (more than 300,000 children alone annually. If we include adults, it may get to 1 million). And most of those kidnapped in the USA are by serial killers.

7. The Nigerian Central Government has more control of It's state and regions compared to the USA in which every state can shove the laws of the Central Government aside an do their own will.

So please, using the criteria someone posted earlier, is the USA not as failed as Iraq and Afghanistan?
Re: Nigeria: Ghana Plans To Be Major Electricity Exporter To Nigeria, Others by MrCrackles(m): 2:13pm On Aug 10, 2009
Who cares if Sudan or Burkina Faso plans to be major electricity supplier, as long as electricity is not rudely interrupted all the time! angry
Re: Nigeria: Ghana Plans To Be Major Electricity Exporter To Nigeria, Others by Thor(m): 2:25pm On Aug 10, 2009
MrCrackles:

Who cares if Sudan or Burkina Faso plans to be major electricity supplier, as long as electricity is not rudely interrupted all the time! angry

Precisely, who cares as long as there is continuity of supply!

Let the people who object sit in their dark houses and whine angry
Re: Nigeria: Ghana Plans To Be Major Electricity Exporter To Nigeria, Others by vigasimple(m): 2:47pm On Aug 10, 2009
This idea that Ghana will supply electricity to Nigeria is simply an illusion.

YOU CANNOT GIVE WHAT YOU DON'T HAVE OR in this case, that Ghana will never have in the forseable future.  

GHANA is simply rubbing salt to Nigeria already soured wounds and it serves us right when we have a very dodgy President leading able bodied men and women.

Simple political propaganda to make the ordinary Ghanaians feel better about their 'superiority' as against Nigerians. It is like Nigeria claiming that they will supply USA cars, when they hardly manufactured any in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria: Ghana Plans To Be Major Electricity Exporter To Nigeria, Others by GeorgeD1(m): 2:51pm On Aug 10, 2009
Thor:

Precisely, who cares as long as there is continuity of supply!

Let the people who object sit in their dark houses and whine angry

nobody is objecting to anything here. we are only being objective. if your junior brother
who is receiving 20K a month comes up and starts boasting that he can loan you 20M,
what will you say? now, that is the issue here. ghana is producing 2,000MW of electricity
at best and even at our low, low production levels of 4,000MW we are still higher than
them. if they export even 5MW to us, they will be finished!
Re: Nigeria: Ghana Plans To Be Major Electricity Exporter To Nigeria, Others by sherrylo: 2:54pm On Aug 10, 2009
Ghanaians have a complex problem,they feel inferior to Nigerians and always feel Nigerians are out to oppress them.Leave them to wallow their dirty ass in the pool of poverty and before you know what they are in Nigeria with dozens of letters and entourage of people rolling on the ground and begging for aid.Them kuku know how to beg well well even up to their president.

The 50million dollars debt Nigeria forgave Ghana during Babagida/Rawlings tenor is part of our ever kindness to this bunch of ingrates,even Baba Iyabo gave a lot of aids to this people even up to constructing roads for them the [Obasanjo way off 37 road] while his own state roads are left in a terrible situation yet this ingrates will never appreciate.
Re: Nigeria: Ghana Plans To Be Major Electricity Exporter To Nigeria, Others by sherrylo: 3:05pm On Aug 10, 2009
@ Thor, yes people will sit in their dark houses but not whine! Nigerians empower themselves more than the government does. Maybe you will plead to your government who is showboating to go and see to people in Kobruisu and Accanteen in the Eastern region who has no access to electricity just two hours away from Accra.
Re: Nigeria: Ghana Plans To Be Major Electricity Exporter To Nigeria, Others by alias64: 3:05pm On Aug 10, 2009
Like Londoner stated you’re a fool, Thor, but I just couldn’t ignore your ignorance below

thor
Manure is very little used in farming today. Chemical fertilizer is used instead!

The natural world, the one  ultimately important to human survival or extinction, depends on old fashioned carrion and manure

Nevertheless, that is beside the point. Unfortunately you took and aside of mine and sort to be smart-assed about it and in response I was only trying to show you that nothing is as simple as you want to believe. 

And as Nex is trying to show you, in real terms comparisons with Nigeria, taking the history of America into account Nigeria would emerge in better light.

In all this, I ignore Ghana; she is irrelevant and small to Nigerians. However, good luck to her.
Re: Nigeria: Ghana Plans To Be Major Electricity Exporter To Nigeria, Others by Thor(m): 3:20pm On Aug 10, 2009
sherry lo:

@ Thor, yes people will sit in their dark houses but not whine! Nigerians empower themselves more than the government does. Maybe you will plead to your government who is showboating to go and see to people in Kobruisu and Accanteen in the Eastern region who has no access to electricity just two hours away from Accra.

I don't know the meaning of the word power cut, I live in the UK grin grin
Re: Nigeria: Ghana Plans To Be Major Electricity Exporter To Nigeria, Others by sherrylo: 3:31pm On Aug 10, 2009
@Thor dear I lived in the UK for four years too, but we are talking about Nigeria and Ghana! so maybe if you lived in Ghana you would have known the meaning of power cut you claimed you don't know.
Re: Nigeria: Ghana Plans To Be Major Electricity Exporter To Nigeria, Others by Thor(m): 3:35pm On Aug 10, 2009
sherry lo:

@Thor dear I lived in the UK for four years too, but we are talking about Nigeria and Ghana! so maybe if you lived in Ghana you would have known the meaning of power cut you claimed you don't know.

Power is a problem all over the West of Africa, that is fact. The point is that if one or another country can provide extra capacity to Nigeria then it has to be a good thing and rivarly should not enter into the equation!
Re: Nigeria: Ghana Plans To Be Major Electricity Exporter To Nigeria, Others by GeorgeD1(m): 3:52pm On Aug 10, 2009
if one or another country can provide the power no problem. however that one and other
country should be able to take care of its own people first!
Re: Nigeria: Ghana Plans To Be Major Electricity Exporter To Nigeria, Others by nex(m): 3:58pm On Aug 10, 2009
This whole thing is like a man in a coma trying to give a dying man mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.
Re: Nigeria: Ghana Plans To Be Major Electricity Exporter To Nigeria, Others by sherrylo: 4:01pm On Aug 10, 2009
@Thor,yes I totally agree but it should come from where we can see @least 70% assurance that it is going to happen not from where we can't even see 20% assurance and you should know that Nigeria can never import power because we can generate power that will be sufficient for us but we are refusing to do so for some reasons and thesame reason will never let us import power.
Re: Nigeria: Ghana Plans To Be Major Electricity Exporter To Nigeria, Others by GeorgeD1(m): 4:03pm On Aug 10, 2009
in a coma, exactly! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Jonathan Is Not A Very Honest Man – Okoi Obono-Obla / FG To Execute Power Projects In 37 Universities – Buhari / Boko-Haram Member Arrested In Ex-rep’s House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.