Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,677 members, 7,831,101 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

My Bestfriend's Fiancee Wants Him To Stop The 19yrs Friendship, Please Help!! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Bestfriend's Fiancee Wants Him To Stop The 19yrs Friendship, Please Help!! (1103 Views)

Babymama Stabbed Babydady & Wants Him Dead (Photos) / Advice Needed: My Fiancee Wants To Dump Me Because Of Euro (screenshot) / Help!! My Fiancee Wants To Brake Up With Me Because I Spend Money On Her. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Bestfriend's Fiancee Wants Him To Stop The 19yrs Friendship, Please Help!! by zegbua(f): 10:09pm On Apr 17, 2016
My name is Jane, My best friend's name is Sam. He has been my best friend for 19years since our JSS2, we went to the same University, even shared a flat and a car. I love this man so much but only as a brother.

I know everything about him, he is my Rock.
This man has gotten me thru the Lowest periods in my Life, as have I for him. He loves me like a Sister too. There has never been any time when we were sexually attracted to Each other, I have never even kissed him by mistake. but we do Everything together and are very close.

11 months ago, I introduced a friend from work to him. I know him well, so I figured they'd be a perfect fit & they hit it off so good. She is a really nice girl and was so grateful to me for bringing Sam in her life. They are engaged now & getting married in 7 months.

However Recently, I find that he is "dodging" to see me. He used to come to the office but not anymore, now he sneaks over to the House. I asked him about it & apparently Lara his fiancee told him that she is not comfortable with our friendship & he should limit it.

We have talked about it & are both devastated. He loves her but doesn't want to End the 19years friendship. Lara thinks it's unhealthy & would lead to other things as I don't currently have a boyfriend (I just broke off a 2 year relationship).

I don't want to lose my bestfriend. He says he doesnt want to lose me. What can we do? please Help.
Re: My Bestfriend's Fiancee Wants Him To Stop The 19yrs Friendship, Please Help!! by donbenedict(m): 10:15pm On Apr 17, 2016
Well such scenarios are bound to happen.. he is engaged now, and it's very normal for her to want her man always at her side.

No be me wey send u to dash your soulmate give another babe so live with it.

1 Like

Re: My Bestfriend's Fiancee Wants Him To Stop The 19yrs Friendship, Please Help!! by layla129(f): 10:15pm On Apr 17, 2016
Marry yourselves...you love each other. How can mere friendship between opposite sexes be that deep?
Kick lara out angry
Re: My Bestfriend's Fiancee Wants Him To Stop The 19yrs Friendship, Please Help!! by donbenedict(m): 10:19pm On Apr 17, 2016
layla129:
Marry yourselves...you love each other. Which how can a mere friendship between opposite sexes be that deep?
Kick lara out angry
sometimes I just don't understand ladies these days..

Wen it comes to marriage, it's a whole different issue..

Marry your best friend.. she just literally dashed her soulmate all in d name of "we are just friends" I love him like a brother crap..

Girls sha. I no go yarn anythn..

1 Like

Re: My Bestfriend's Fiancee Wants Him To Stop The 19yrs Friendship, Please Help!! by delishpot: 10:22pm On Apr 17, 2016
donbenedict:
Well such scenarios are bound to happen.. he is engaged now, and it's very normal for her to want her man always at her side.

You hit the nail on the head. She and the guy we're meant to be together but, she gave him to another woman.
She must understand that, No woman will be comfortable having her man say dear, I am going to visit my friend when she knows too well he is going to visit another woman.
Re: My Bestfriend's Fiancee Wants Him To Stop The 19yrs Friendship, Please Help!! by layla129(f): 10:23pm On Apr 17, 2016
donbenedict:
sometimes I just don't understand ladies these days..

Wen it comes to marriage, it's a whole different issue..

Marry your best friend.. she just literally dashed her soulmate all in d name of "we are just friends" I love him like a brother crap..

Girls sha. I no go yarn anythn..

Dnt mind her. Foolish girl...don't know the kind of mumu friendship she's doing
Re: My Bestfriend's Fiancee Wants Him To Stop The 19yrs Friendship, Please Help!! by PureWays(m): 10:24pm On Apr 17, 2016
He's taken now. I know you are angry because you think if it wasn't for you, they wouldn't be together in the first place..

You have to let it go ma'am, it's definitely not healthy if he still goes around with you..

Go find your own man, this one is taken already.

Something tells me you want him.

1 Like

Re: My Bestfriend's Fiancee Wants Him To Stop The 19yrs Friendship, Please Help!! by PureWays(m): 10:32pm On Apr 17, 2016
layla129:

Dnt mind her. Foolish girl...don't know the kind of mumu friendship she's doing
That's harsh!

Though you are right.

I think this is what happened:

The guy isn't her taste, so she keeps friend zoning him knowing fully well that if she wanted him, she would have had him, but she keeps hoping for some Prince charming..
After some time a dude close enough to her imaginary Prince charming springed up and she went for him. 2 years after: Bammmm!!!! He broke her heart (maybe he cheated) and she broke up with him and now she wants this guy but it's already too late..

The guy would have made a move on her but maybe she's set some boundaries (which was intentional) that the guy was too weak to cross..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Bestfriend's Fiancee Wants Him To Stop The 19yrs Friendship, Please Help!! by layla129(f): 10:36pm On Apr 17, 2016
PureWays:
That's harsh!

Though you are right.

I think this is what happened:

The guy isn't her taste, so she keeps friend zoning him knowing fully well that if she wanted him, she would have him but she keeps hoping for some Prince charming and Bammmm!!!! Her ex broke her heart (maybe he cheated) and she broke up with him and now she wants this guy but it's already too late..

The guy would have made a move on her but maybe she's set some boundaries (which was intentional) that the guy was too weak to cross..

Serves her right. Goodluck licking her wounds
Re: My Bestfriend's Fiancee Wants Him To Stop The 19yrs Friendship, Please Help!! by Section8(m): 10:48pm On Apr 17, 2016
U kept him for 19yrz now the babe he moved on with wants to keep him and u get issues?? Walahi Girls get problem!
Re: My Bestfriend's Fiancee Wants Him To Stop The 19yrs Friendship, Please Help!! by Nobody: 10:58pm On Apr 17, 2016
Babe..to be honest with you, I think you messed up.
Deep down in your heart, you love this guy but not just as a friend as you have claimed , you actually wanted more than that.

I am sure you also didn't see it coming that they will be engaged so soon, so it's all coming to you as a shock.. What ure feeling right now is just that part of you that loves him and regrets letting him slip away.

No woman in her right senses will let her man keep that kind of close relationship with a lady so I don't blame the other lady.

There is really no point crying over split milk. Move on, maintain friendship with the guy , but reduce calls and visitations . I hope you find the one that will make you happy and fulfilled...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bestfriend's Fiancee Wants Him To Stop The 19yrs Friendship, Please Help!! by ritababe(f): 11:21pm On Apr 17, 2016
hmmmmm ayam coming
Re: My Bestfriend's Fiancee Wants Him To Stop The 19yrs Friendship, Please Help!! by danot1030: 11:38pm On Apr 17, 2016
Do this! Keep your friendship to the heart and give them space for the time. Don't be the one initiating either call or a meeting with him and don't ever visit him again, let him have the feeling that you have created the space, when he ask tell him there's nothing. If you do this with time thing will normalise, especially when the lady seem to be no longer a threat, they both will eventually initiate the move to restore the intimacy, I believe by then God would have giving you your own man and the family will become friend, but please don't force the relationship further.

1 Like

Re: My Bestfriend's Fiancee Wants Him To Stop The 19yrs Friendship, Please Help!! by AfroKnight: 11:51pm On Apr 17, 2016
I cannot believe my eyes. You friendzoned a guy and you're still "dragging" him with his fiancée. You be winsh? Come on, leave that man alone. Tiff. Nor go find ya man for front.

EP, a.k.a enemy of progress.
Re: My Bestfriend's Fiancee Wants Him To Stop The 19yrs Friendship, Please Help!! by Nobody: 12:47am On Apr 18, 2016
When you have a new boyfriend that you are really serious with in the entirety of that word, so much so you both have plans on the way to hit the altar, things will set back to default automatically trust me.

What's needed of you now is just to carry on gracefully with your life till your man makes his way into your life. You don't have to force that tho, just make sure you open every window to your heart with you standing at its gate to let the ideal guy for you in. Yolo, this ain't worth an headache, just handle the situation like a man!

1 Like

Re: My Bestfriend's Fiancee Wants Him To Stop The 19yrs Friendship, Please Help!! by zegbua(f): 6:14pm On Apr 20, 2016
following
Re: My Bestfriend's Fiancee Wants Him To Stop The 19yrs Friendship, Please Help!! by Cutezt(m): 6:36pm On Apr 20, 2016
zegbua:

My name is Jane, My best friend's name is Sam. He has been my best friend for 19years since our JSS2, we went to the same University, even shared a flat and a car. I love this man so much but only as a brother.

I know everything about him, he is my Rock.
This man has gotten me thru the Lowest periods in my Life, as have I for him. He loves me like a Sister too. There has never been any time when we were sexually attracted to Each other, I have never even kissed him by mistake. but we do Everything together and are very close.

11 months ago, I introduced a friend from work to him. I know him well, so I figured they'd be a perfect fit & they hit it off so good. She is a really nice girl and was so grateful to me for bringing Sam in her life. They are engaged now & getting married in 7 months.

However Recently, I find that he is "dodging" to see me. He used to come to the office but not anymore, now he sneaks over to the House. I asked him about it & apparently Lara his fiancee told him that she is not comfortable with our friendship & he should limit it.

We have talked about it & are both devastated. He loves her but doesn't want to End the 19years friendship. Lara thinks it's unhealthy & would lead to other things as I don't currently have a boyfriend (I just broke off a 2 year relationship).

I don't want to lose my bestfriend. He says he doesnt want to lose me. What can we do? please Help.
To an extent,op is confused,but before moses,jesus was,he shouldn't let his fiancee control and dictate him life.
Re: My Bestfriend's Fiancee Wants Him To Stop The 19yrs Friendship, Please Help!! by M2dX(m): 7:52pm On Apr 20, 2016
donbenedict:

(1) (Reply)

I Used To Have S*x With 14 Men In A Week And Harvest Their Sperm For Witchcraft / Weird Sex Facts You Need To Know / I Got This Whatsapp Message ~pls Read Through.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.