Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,773 members, 7,813,562 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

Help!! My Fiancee Wants To Brake Up With Me Because I Spend Money On Her. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help!! My Fiancee Wants To Brake Up With Me Because I Spend Money On Her. (3469 Views)

My Fiancee Is Not Trustworthy, She Had Sex With Her Ex Boyfriend / Advice Needed: My Fiancee Wants To Dump Me Because Of Euro (screenshot) / My Bestfriend's Fiancee Wants Him To Stop The 19yrs Friendship, Please Help!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!! My Fiancee Wants To Brake Up With Me Because I Spend Money On Her. by MaiHD: 11:16am On Mar 25, 2016
Nairaland men and women please help me here. What have I done wrong?

We have been together for so many years. Last year on her birthday, I purchased the latest Galaxy then for her as a birthday gift. She accepted the gift and thanked me that all she wanted was a teddy bear. That was last year.

This year was her birthday again, I even wanted to get a car for her but my friends advised me against it. So instead I took her shopping. When we got to the shop she called in sick complaining of a headache so we had to leave and return home.

When we got home she said she wasn't having a headache. That she cannot continue with me. That maybe I think she wants my money or my gifts. That all she wanted from me is love and for her birthday, a teddy bear as she said last year. That I don't show her the love she is expecting that I think my money is equivalent to the love she wants.

I tried to plead with her not to go that I will stop spending then she said that she cannot just continue that she doesn't see the love inside of me. That I think love means gifts and shopping and all vanity. She told me to go and learn what love means that when i do she hope I find someone like herself.

And she left and returned to Abuja that night. When I called her the next day about our wedding plans she said that she is not getting married to someone like me that she has endured enough. I called her brother to help me talk to her the brother said he cannot force her that it's her choice. That i should move on that she doesn't like guys like me.

What have I done? I have always given her all that I know she needs and wants. Many of my friends were calling me foolish that she would turn me to maga I ignored them now see me.

Even last 2 weeks I begged her and she came to Lagos. I told her I won't spend money again that she should forgive. She told me it's ok. She returned to Abuja and her line has never gone through even till now. Since 2 weeks.

I'm so sad. I want her. I don't want her to go. I'm even planning on going to Abuja to see her but I'm not sure of where she lives there as I'm a Lagos person. She comes to Lagos once in a while because she has a business venture in Lagos.

Her sister said I should buy the teddy bear for her first.

Please what can I do?

Modified (2:42pm) :

I have decided to buy the Teddy Bear for her and try again. And will be a better man. Indeed I thought money was everything since she was working class. Very buoyant so I was trying to do what I xpexted she wants from me but I was wrong. She wanted my love and attention and teddy bear not my money. Because truly for many years she always complained about my spending that she didn't like it. I thought she was forming.

So once again, thank you all. You have helped me today.

Mods: Close the topic.
Re: Help!! My Fiancee Wants To Brake Up With Me Because I Spend Money On Her. by Vinshu(f): 11:17am On Mar 25, 2016
I'm sorry for your loss. Next time, get her a teddy bear. Instead of a Galaxy. Men.. lol always havin this idea that they can buy all women with cars and phones. Lol. Serves you right.

1 Like

Re: Help!! My Fiancee Wants To Brake Up With Me Because I Spend Money On Her. by hope4charles(m): 11:23am On Mar 25, 2016
What's up
girls with misplaced priorities, if you no spend they complain, u speed this one complain. But Op if your post is really true, Relax. And have this believe i have. If She is Yours she will come back if she aint yours let her go. Atleast u never wronged her heaven knows so be cool any where she carry ur mata go u go win her.
Re: Help!! My Fiancee Wants To Brake Up With Me Because I Spend Money On Her. by Nobody: 11:23am On Mar 25, 2016
undecided LoL!grin

...Nairaland Guys should please READ the post again!
The Girl's NIGERIAN O!!! and She doesn't want money! grin

Sometimes, Money and expensive Gifts isn't What keeps A relationship headstrong.
Most guys delude themselves into thinking All it takes to keep A girl is MoNEY, MONEY, MONEY! LoL. Sorry! tongue
Gifts Most often that not don't show Love Or Affections.

-Buying Her the simplest things could mean twice as much as You getting her A Ferrari, A jet Or A skyscraper.
-Braiding her hair..
-Sending her texts at 2am, saying good morning.
-Doing her Nails.
-Cook Her A hot juicy meal! (if You can't cook, go n learn!)

Op, If You really want Your girl, get her that Teddy bear and Please try to Show more affections, devoid of monetary means.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help!! My Fiancee Wants To Brake Up With Me Because I Spend Money On Her. by BoiledHead(m): 11:28am On Mar 25, 2016
Sorry bro.

Mine broke up with me because I refused to keep my hair. It happens.

Move on bro

2 Likes

Re: Help!! My Fiancee Wants To Brake Up With Me Because I Spend Money On Her. by Nobody: 11:29am On Mar 25, 2016
Buy the Teddy bear for her and invite her for dinner in your place if she accepts it as her sis had suggested. Get yourself ready to give her the fukc of the century too.
Re: Help!! My Fiancee Wants To Brake Up With Me Because I Spend Money On Her. by CaroLyner(f): 11:29am On Mar 25, 2016
she rejected what some women are looking for. grin

3 Likes

Re: Help!! My Fiancee Wants To Brake Up With Me Because I Spend Money On Her. by ettaetta(m): 11:30am On Mar 25, 2016
That babe doesnt love you. A girl who truly loves you will accept any present you give to her, whether big or small. She is just using that as escuse to break up with you. Stop begging bro and move on, so many girls will do anything to have a guy like you. Its obvious she is just taking your love for granted. https://m.youtube.com/watch?sns=tw&v=0iq_pkXsMv8

2 Likes

Re: Help!! My Fiancee Wants To Brake Up With Me Because I Spend Money On Her. by Michellla(f): 11:32am On Mar 25, 2016
She either wants affection shown in a different deeper way or she's getting ready to end the relationship..which she already did

2 Likes

Re: Help!! My Fiancee Wants To Brake Up With Me Because I Spend Money On Her. by MaiHD: 11:32am On Mar 25, 2016
pinceprinz:
Buy the Teddy bear for her and invite her for dinner in your place if she accepts it as her sis had suggested. Get yourself ready to give her the fukc of the century too.

She is against premarital sex. But I'll get the teddy bear. Thanks
Re: Help!! My Fiancee Wants To Brake Up With Me Because I Spend Money On Her. by Nobody: 11:37am On Mar 25, 2016
undecided is this a joke?
Re: Help!! My Fiancee Wants To Brake Up With Me Because I Spend Money On Her. by Cholls(m): 11:38am On Mar 25, 2016
angry
Re: Help!! My Fiancee Wants To Brake Up With Me Because I Spend Money On Her. by tommychow(m): 11:40am On Mar 25, 2016
Vinshu:
I'm sorry for your loss. Next time, get her a teddy bear. Instead of a Galaxy. Men.. lol always havin this idea that they can buy all women with cars and phones. Lol. Serves you right.

I think you're confused as fvck. Aren't you the one with a thread saying a man must have a house and a car? Talking about how a man must take care of his woman's needs. Now you've jumped the fence castigating the guy for doing what you were advocating a while back.

GET YOUR MIND STRAIGHT!

7 Likes

Re: Help!! My Fiancee Wants To Brake Up With Me Because I Spend Money On Her. by CaroLyner(f): 11:44am On Mar 25, 2016
confused lots.
Guys don't want golddiggers, but they get confused by a woman who doesn't like it when they spend money on her.

1 Like

Re: Help!! My Fiancee Wants To Brake Up With Me Because I Spend Money On Her. by tommychow(m): 11:45am On Mar 25, 2016
Estharfabian:
undecided LoL!grin

...Nairaland Guys should please READ the post again!
The Girl's NIGERIAN O!!! and She doesn't want money! grin

Sometimes, Money and expensive Gifts isn't What keeps A relationship headstrong.
Most guys delude themselves into thinking All it takes to keep A girl is MoNEY, MONEY, MONEY! LoL. Sorry! tongue
Gifts Most often that not don't show Love Or Affections.

-Buying Her the simplest things could mean twice as much as You getting her A Ferrari, A jet Or A skyscraper.
-Braiding her hair..
-Sending her texts at 2am, saying good morning.
-Doing her Nails.
-Cook Her A hot juicy meal! (if You can't cook, go n learn!)

Op, If You really want Your girl, get her that Teddy bear and Please try to Show more affections, devoid of monetary means.

HOLD THE HELL ON?! So what would you've done if you were in her shoes? You'd dump his ass for buying you expensive things?

Don't make me laugh.
Re: Help!! My Fiancee Wants To Brake Up With Me Because I Spend Money On Her. by Vinshu(f): 11:45am On Mar 25, 2016
tommychow:

I think you're confused as fvck. Aren't you the one with a thread saying a man must have a house and a car? Talking about how a man must take care of his woman's needs. Now you've jumped the fence castigating the guy for doing what you were advocating a while back.

GET YOUR MIND STRAIGHT!

Look at this nigga.

Did I write on my post that a man must buy his girlfriend galaxy and take her shopping? Did I write he must buy her a car? I was saying he must have a car and a house yes does not translate to he must buy her a car and a house. Please go back to grade school if you missing something.

The op has a car(obviously) and a house (obviously) that's what my post was about as he is capable of taking care of his wife when married. It's now left to the wife or bae to say what she wants (like his girl did).

Don't start with me man.

1 Like

Re: Help!! My Fiancee Wants To Brake Up With Me Because I Spend Money On Her. by Nobody: 11:48am On Mar 25, 2016
tommychow:

HOLD THE HELL ON?! So what would you've done if you were in her shoes? You'd dump his ass for buying you expensive things?

Don't make me laugh.
Uhm....

If A dude doesn't Show he cares about my Ass. Like On a deep, emotional level.
Of course I'd dump his ass! The instant!

If I needed a relationship based on How much Money or gifts I got! I'd gladly Make do with A Hot SUGAR DADDY!

undecided
Re: Help!! My Fiancee Wants To Brake Up With Me Because I Spend Money On Her. by Nobody: 11:50am On Mar 25, 2016
Lol Op take heart

Some women are there killing theirselves to meet guy like you , all d gift you got her she didnt even get u jack n she got right to say u dont show love ... Nah now she just realise

Anyway thats y u get an independent lady .. Or one wey get sense thank God u just dodge bullet ..... Be happy move on plenty more decent girls dat u wont even but nothing for n if you dont show love they show you love regardless..

Forget her .. Tell her to find work first grin wink
Re: Help!! My Fiancee Wants To Brake Up With Me Because I Spend Money On Her. by MaiHD: 11:50am On Mar 25, 2016
ettaetta:
That babe doesnt love you. A girl who truly loves you will accept any present you give to her, whether big or small. She is just using that as escuse to break up with you. Stop begging bro and move on, so many girl will do anything to have a guy like you. Its obvious she is just taking your love for granted. https://m.youtube.com/watch?sns=tw&v=0iq_pkXsMv8

Yes I thought the same thing. I even asked her if she it's just looking for way to dump and she said no. That if that is the case she can as well dump me without any reason as there is nothing i can do to her.

So I don't think that's the case as she has made that clear.
Re: Help!! My Fiancee Wants To Brake Up With Me Because I Spend Money On Her. by MaiHD: 11:52am On Mar 25, 2016
BumBae:
Lol Op take heart

Some women are there killing theirselves to meet guy like you , all d gift you got her she didnt even get u jack n she got right to say u dont show love ... Nah now she just realise

Anyway thats y u get an independent lady .. Or one wey get sense thank God u just dodge bullet ..... Be happy move on plenty more decent girls dat u wont even but nothing for n if you dont show love they show you love regardless..

Forget her .. Tell her to find work first grin wink

Please did you read the last part of my post?

I said she has a business venture in Lagos. She has a company actually. An I.T company.
Re: Help!! My Fiancee Wants To Brake Up With Me Because I Spend Money On Her. by Nobody: 11:56am On Mar 25, 2016
MaiHD:

Please did you read the last part of my post?

I said she has a business venture in Lagos. She has a company actually. An I.T company.

Forget her same way
She found someone better ... Its even more insulting she aint got a reason .. .. But mayb u too should try be more romantic or something cuz if thats the case the you might have this issue future relationship ... And mayb not buy anything too at first .

Sorry lol i see money i see red ... I tink say nah runz bae
Re: Help!! My Fiancee Wants To Brake Up With Me Because I Spend Money On Her. by Chanchit: 11:57am On Mar 25, 2016
Mehn, na this kyn babe I dey find.
Re: Help!! My Fiancee Wants To Brake Up With Me Because I Spend Money On Her. by sexylogan(m): 12:00pm On Mar 25, 2016
Op, abeg make we swap babes undecided
Re: Help!! My Fiancee Wants To Brake Up With Me Because I Spend Money On Her. by MaiHD: 12:02pm On Mar 25, 2016
Alright.

Thank you so much
BumBae:

Forget her same way
She found someone better ... Its even more insulting she aint got a reason .. .. But mayb u too should try be more romantic or something cuz if thats the case the you might have this issue future relationship ... And mayb not buy anything too at first .

Sorry lol i see money i see red ... I tink say nah runz bae
Re: Help!! My Fiancee Wants To Brake Up With Me Because I Spend Money On Her. by tommychow(m): 12:05pm On Mar 25, 2016
Vinshu:

Look at this nigga.

Did I write on my post that a man must buy his girlfriend galaxy and take her shopping? Did I write he must buy her a car? I was saying he must have a car and a house yes does not translate to he must buy her a car and a house. Please go back to grade school if you missing something.

The op has a car(obviously) and a house (obviously) that's what my post was about as he is capable of taking care of his wife when married. It's now left to the wife or bae to say what she wants (like his girl did).

Don't start with me man.

I'm not even gonna argue with you. Do yourself a favour, go and read your comments on your threads then come back and stop making yourself look silly. You even went as far as using the Bible to support your opinion of A MAN TAKING CARE OF HIS WOMAN'S NEEDS. He did that by buying her expensive gifts, showing her he has the finances to take care her...like you ranted about.

Now read your first comment and look at how you're contracting yourself.

Y'all women are confusing af. You say you want something and then complain about that same thing. I pity niggas who actually listen to "what women want". When they've done ping pong with your brain and you find yourself in Yaba left, it will be too late by then.

1 Like

Re: Help!! My Fiancee Wants To Brake Up With Me Because I Spend Money On Her. by Cutehector(m): 12:07pm On Mar 25, 2016
He failed to ask her wat she wanted for a birthday present....

He failed to listen to her

1 Like

Re: Help!! My Fiancee Wants To Brake Up With Me Because I Spend Money On Her. by tommychow(m): 12:13pm On Mar 25, 2016
Estharfabian:
Uhm....

If A dude doesn't Show he cares about my Ass. Like On a deep, emotional level.
Of course I'd dump his ass! The instant!

If I needed a relationship based on How much Money or gifts I got! I'd gladly Make do with A Hot SUGAR DADDY!

undecided

If you put it like that, I support you. Although I don't believe 99% of naija babes would practice what you just preached...you're completely right.
Re: Help!! My Fiancee Wants To Brake Up With Me Because I Spend Money On Her. by ireneony(f): 12:18pm On Mar 25, 2016
The truth of the matter is the love she have for you, has died down and she tired of the relationship. She's just making up excuses cos you lavish her with gifts as an escape route from the relationship. She probably dating a guy in abuja.
Guy move on with your life.

Women are looking for caring mature man like you, here she is complaining. What an irony
Re: Help!! My Fiancee Wants To Brake Up With Me Because I Spend Money On Her. by Michellla(f): 12:34pm On Mar 25, 2016
this is just funny.her type are rare

1 Like

Re: Help!! My Fiancee Wants To Brake Up With Me Because I Spend Money On Her. by Vinshu(f): 12:52pm On Mar 25, 2016
tommychow:

I'm not even gonna argue with you. Do yourself a favour, go and read your comments on your threads then come back and stop making yourself look silly. You even went as far as using the Bible to support your opinion of A MAN TAKING CARE OF HIS WOMAN'S NEEDS. He did that by buying her expensive gifts, showing her he has the finances to take care her...like you ranted about.

Now read your first comment and look at how you're contracting yourself.

Y'all women are confusing af. You say you want something and then complain about that same thing. I pity niggas who actually listen to "what women want". When they've done ping pong with your brain and you find yourself in Yaba left, it will be too late by then.

Shut up and get a life.

1 Like

Re: Help!! My Fiancee Wants To Brake Up With Me Because I Spend Money On Her. by Nobody: 12:53pm On Mar 25, 2016
MaiHD:

She is against premarital sex. But I'll get the teddy bear. Thanks
lol. OK sha
Re: Help!! My Fiancee Wants To Brake Up With Me Because I Spend Money On Her. by MaiHD: 12:55pm On Mar 25, 2016
ireneony:
The truth of the matter is the love she have for you, has died down and she tired of the relationship. She's just making up excuses cos you lavish her with gifts as an escape route from the relationship. She probably dating a guy in abuja.
Guy move on with your life.

Women are looking for caring mature man like you, here she is complaining. What an irony

Thanks. But it's hard to move on just like that. She has always been my best friend and soul mate for many years. So now it's just hurting

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Old Were You When You Had Your 1st Kiss / Crushing And Cheating??, Stay Loyal / Why get mad at Very Irrelevant things?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.