Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,337 members, 7,860,832 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:03 PM

'the Peter Pan Syndrome' - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 'the Peter Pan Syndrome' (1411 Views)

"Slay Queen Syndrome" Term Paper At Nigeria Defence Academy / Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding / The Chop And Clean Mouth Syndrome. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'the Peter Pan Syndrome' by Nobody: 10:56pm On Apr 17, 2016
'The Peter Pan Syndrome'
Dale Cartridge
I'm not sure when men decided that 30 was the new 15. When men thought it was better to remain independent than making a commitment to another. When men we're courageous in business and battle but afraid to be fathers. I'm not sure when video games and "guy night" became more important than tee-ball and date night. When 4 year relationships weren't long enough for a proposal. When staying out became cooler than showing up. I'm not sure when men became boys.
Our culture has a boy problem. In Italy, they call it Peter Pan Syndrome. I call it immaturity and selfishness. Men so focused on their dreams, their visions, and their desires they find themselves wealthy, known, and alone.
The adult world doesn't need more boys. We need men who will grow up, know up, and show up. Who will fight for romance and commit quickly and stay indefinitely. To turn their hearts toward children and work to raise them well. To be friends who grow friends. Not just by compliments, but accountability and conviction. We need more men.
We need more men of integrity and character. Those who will hold a moral code and not compromise it. Those who love women, treat them as they would their own daughters and lead them when everything doesn't make sense... They would lead. We need more men.
I'm a man. And I'm proud of that.
#‎EveryPostALesson‬ #‎DaleyWisdom‬
- Dale Partridge

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'the Peter Pan Syndrome' by Nobody: 11:54pm On Apr 17, 2016
cheesy
Fear of the Unknown Paltridge! Our women have turned into something else.

Ask Daretodiffer and MrsPhyno.
In Fela's Voice ; If you call am Woman, African Woman no go free. Hope u kwim?

1 Like

Re: 'the Peter Pan Syndrome' by AfroKnight: 12:01am On Apr 18, 2016
Your post drips with narrow minded naïveté.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with extended bachelorhood. Life makes more sense when there is no woman to disorganize things with emotions as opposed to logic. Yes, once in a while we feel the need for companionship and engage women to quell that hunger but they soon foul things up with their bickering and endless drama.
Re: 'the Peter Pan Syndrome' by Nobody: 12:07am On Apr 18, 2016
AfroKnight:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with extended bachelorhood. Life makes more sense when there is no woman to disorganize things with emotions as opposed to logic. Yes, once in a while we feel the need for companionship and engage women to quell that hunger but they soon foul things up with their bickering and endless drama.

Oh, that's not totally true you should know... Its no more in the news how some women have backed their husbands to glory bro. Its all about the scarcity factor I think; getting a partner that would key in to your plans.

1 Like

Re: 'the Peter Pan Syndrome' by AfroKnight: 12:12am On Apr 18, 2016
pinceprinz:

Oh, that's not totally true you should know... Its no more in the news how some women have backed their husbands to glory bro. Its all about the scarcity factor I think; getting a partner that would key in to your plans.

What percentage of women do that?
Re: 'the Peter Pan Syndrome' by Nobody: 12:17am On Apr 18, 2016
AfroKnight:

What percentage of women do that?

A good number. Its all about who you are. You attract your kind of people dey say.

I already pointed out the kinda woman you might be envisaging might be scarce tho.

1 Like

Re: 'the Peter Pan Syndrome' by Nobody: 12:26am On Apr 18, 2016
AfroKnight:

Men are fvcking each other in this 21st century.You do not have an excuse to cry tongue

Why don't you stop being emotional and find a logical and rational way to end your misery?
Re: 'the Peter Pan Syndrome' by Nobody: 12:27am On Apr 18, 2016
@op, modern women are also guilty of the same thing undecided
Re: 'the Peter Pan Syndrome' by AfroKnight: 12:32am On Apr 18, 2016
daretodiffer:
Men are fvcking each other in this 21st century

Why don't you stop being emotional and find a logical and rational way to end your misery?

Kindly type like someone with a brain.

1 Like

Re: 'the Peter Pan Syndrome' by Nobody: 12:33am On Apr 18, 2016
AfroKnight:

Kindly type like someone with a brain.

It is 'Kindly typed' undecided

Go fvck another man nu grin
Re: 'the Peter Pan Syndrome' by Nobody: 12:37am On Apr 18, 2016
daretodiffer:

I didn't call u here to start a fight na
Re: 'the Peter Pan Syndrome' by Nobody: 12:41am On Apr 18, 2016
I didn't start anything. I came up with a solution. Is it wrong to help another human?

pinceprinz:
I didn't call u here to start a fight na
Re: 'the Peter Pan Syndrome' by Nobody: 12:49am On Apr 18, 2016
daretodiffer:
I didn't start anything. I came up with a solution. Is it wrong to help another human?

Yes, people don't want bitter truth. And you were even calling the poor guy names indirectly angry
Re: 'the Peter Pan Syndrome' by Nobody: 12:51am On Apr 18, 2016
pinceprinz:

Yes, people don't want bitter truth. And you were even calling the poor guy names indirectly angry
I didn't .

He is in a dilemma. I came up with a solution... grin
Re: 'the Peter Pan Syndrome' by Nobody: 12:54am On Apr 18, 2016
daretodiffer:
I didn't .

He is in a dilemma. I came up with a solution... grin

You told him to go homo!

You don start again with all this your big big grammar, you no fit write pidgin? - Its fun ykno
Re: 'the Peter Pan Syndrome' by Nobody: 12:59am On Apr 18, 2016
pinceprinz:

You told him to go homo!

You don start again with all this your big big grammar, you no fit write pidgin? - Its fun ykno
Me? I don't know any big big grammar

Why can't he go homo? He is the one that holds a grudge with emotional and illogical beings cool
Re: 'the Peter Pan Syndrome' by Nobody: 1:03am On Apr 18, 2016
daretodiffer:
Me? I don't know any big big grammar

Why can't he go homo? He is the one that holds a grudge with emotional and illogical beings cool
the dilemma is a big one jarey, grin Do'u know Yoruba, that language dey hungry me talk tonight grin

but there are more subtle ways you could have eased his way for him nah... and you are even an hajiah oh
Re: 'the Peter Pan Syndrome' by Nobody: 1:03am On Apr 18, 2016
Came to read comments and I see daretodiffer with her usual lunacy insulting everyone

Well, OP....

1 Like

Re: 'the Peter Pan Syndrome' by Nobody: 1:06am On Apr 18, 2016
pinceprinz:

the dilemma is a big one jarey, grin Do'u know Yoruba, that language dey hungry me talk tonight grin

but there are more subtle ways you could have eased his way for him nah... and you are even an hajiah oh
I know Yoruba

He wasn't subtle either and I am not in the mood to cajole anyone.
Re: 'the Peter Pan Syndrome' by Nobody: 1:11am On Apr 18, 2016
daretodiffer:
I know Yoruba

He wasn't subtle either and I am not in the mood to cajole anyone.

Great! Are you by chance Yoruba?

shocked As if you're ever in the mood. Always acting unladylike everywhere. Its like some bad boys don do u bad bad be4 , no be so? - Taken my time to read you be4 passing this judgment you should know wink
Re: 'the Peter Pan Syndrome' by Nobody: 1:12am On Apr 18, 2016
Vanquay:
Came to read comments and I see daretodiffer with her usual lunacy insulting everyone

Well, OP....

Haba!
Re: 'the Peter Pan Syndrome' by Nobody: 1:15am On Apr 18, 2016
pinceprinz:

Great! Are you by chance Yoruba?

shocked As if you're ever in the mood. Always acting unladylike everywhere. Its like some bad boys don do u bad bad be4 , no be so? - Taken my time to read you be4 passing this judgment you should know wink
Omo ajorosun ni mi

Nope!
Re: 'the Peter Pan Syndrome' by Nobody: 1:17am On Apr 18, 2016
daretodiffer:
Omo ajorosun ni mi

Nope!

What does that indicate *covers face*

So, what's your inspiration? Cos you do talk with so much confidence as if you've all the experience
Re: 'the Peter Pan Syndrome' by AfroKnight: 2:36pm On Apr 18, 2016
daretodiffer:

You "corrected" me?
Lol. You definitely have fundamental problems with English comprehension.

I'll tell you again; kindly type like someone with a brain.

1 Like

Re: 'the Peter Pan Syndrome' by Nobody: 3:59pm On Apr 18, 2016
AfroKnight:

You "corrected" me?

Have you found a bf yet? smiley
Re: 'the Peter Pan Syndrome' by Nobody: 7:42pm On Apr 18, 2016
AfroKnight:

You "corrected" me?

Oya biko, don't be angry with me na

Let's talk wink

(1) (Reply)

Pls Pls Pls!.. Enough Is Enough!! (-_-) / 10 Types Of Girls You Must Find In All Nigerian Churches / Meet Ronnie And Donnie Oldest Conjoined Twins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.