Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,687 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! - Travel (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! (212617 Views)

Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts / Should I Go To America Or Forget About It? / Nigerian Appreciates Woman For The Visa To America She Granted Him 32 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by ogbuzulu: 3:11pm On Sep 26, 2017
Pls send to solomonstatesman@gmail.com Thanks

tomisinobm:

finally!
please send
oluoeremichael@yahoo.com
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Erums(m): 2:35pm On Sep 29, 2017
hartson:

is it not what they call baseball?

Oh common shes right
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Erums(m): 3:01pm On Sep 29, 2017
ayodele234:

My brother the Nigerian problem is known to all, I just got tired of people painting America like some paradise. You will visit one day and see for yourself. People struggle real hard here, forget those pictures on social media. Na only here you go see banker close for work and enter second job. Which kind yeye be that na? A single bank job in Nigeria can sustain a family in Nigeria. RN are not even rich like they make it look like, they are just there paying the bills

Wat bnk job u talking abt
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Erums(m): 4:11pm On Sep 29, 2017
NoobSaibot1:
I need useful tips and advice from experts here on my proposed trip to the US. TWood Jwillng Smartmugu and others, please chip in and assist a brother.

Here is it.

I once applied to visit the US for a conference about 3 years ago but was denied visa. My application was submitted by my late Dad who indicated I was married in the form. I'm aware all my info is with the US and I have no intention of denying the info. I regret that he did though as I like to be truthful always.

I currently earn about 200k and I plan to attend a bosom friend's wedding scheduled for the ember months. I'm planning my annual leave for then. My friend will be sending me an invitation letter.

My question is, what documents will I require for the application and how do I go about it?

In as much as I used to harbor plans of living in the US, currently realities have made me to shelve the idea. I'm fairly comfortable here and not interested in relocating to the US. Periodic visits will do me. My career is on course in Nigeria so I'm not up for the stress of relocating. In fact, I have no intention of staying beyond a month.

I'm single by the way.

What are my chances?

Bro, pls can we have a conversation
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by SmartMugu: 8:45pm On Sep 29, 2017
Erums:

Bro, pls can we have a conversation
Hi, how are you doing? Just got your message.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Erums(m): 10:27pm On Sep 29, 2017
Beboy23:

Pls can you help me out, the highest fees I saw on USA website is very low compare with all this people calling themselves agent are demanding, imagine charging me for 450k for only visa, this is my contact

Bro can we discuss.. Im trying to apply too
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Erums(m): 10:47pm On Sep 29, 2017
SmartMugu:

Hi, how are you doing? Just got your message.

Im fine thanks... I have the intentions of going to the US, im a safety officer at the moment and i intend to countinue in this career path if i arrive the US.... I WANT TO WORK AND EARN.... what visa do you advise... Student or resident... And which has a higher probability for me to get and to work... Mind yu, are there exceptions to tourist visa...?
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by SmartMugu: 12:32am On Sep 30, 2017
Erums:

Im fine thanks... I have the intentions of going to the US, im a safety officer at the moment and i intend to countinue in this career path if i arrive the US.... I WANT TO WORK AND EARN.... what visa do you advise... Student or resident... And which has a higher probability for me to get and to work... Mind yu, are there exceptions to tourist visa...?
Student, Visitors, Tourist visas etc do not technically allow you to work in the US unless you want to work illegally. However, you can eventually adjust your status to get a work permit and eventually a green card. However, the process could be somewhat long and frustrating, especially with the recent immigration reforms. You may want to join www.visajourney.com to read more about other people's immigration process as it regards coming to the US. All the best.
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Erums(m): 6:33am On Sep 30, 2017
SmartMugu:

Student, Visitors, Tourist visas etc do not technically allow you to work in the US unless you want to work illegally. However, you can eventually adjust your status to get a work permit and eventually a green card. However, the process could be somewhat long and frustrating, especially with the recent immigration reforms. You may want to join www.visajourney.com to read more about other people's immigration process as it regards coming to the US. All the best.

Tnks pal... So what visa give u a direct work permit?... I am wrking here in naija but its just work and chop...what step do u advise i take in the coming to usa
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by SmartMugu: 7:05am On Sep 30, 2017
Erums:

Tnks pal... So what visa give u a direct work permit?... I am wrking here in naija but its just work and chop...what step do u advise i take in the coming to usa
Only immigrant visas and H1B visas will give you work permits. Of course everyone with the visa lottery from Nigeria back then can work for any employer, but I don't think that still includes Nigeria in its current landscape. Fiance visas (K1 - I think that's what it's called) too with some processing will make you work for any employer in the US. You can be married to an American and that's another type of visa that can make you work with any employer as long as you're qualified for the job. On the other side, H1B visa restricts you to just one employer and to me, that's some type of slavery. H1B visa holders usually get paid less than those with citizenship or work permits.

That's why I recommended you reading through the link I sent earlier. I personally don't need any visas because I'm a US citizen as well as a Nigerian.
I only know about these stuff I shared because I mix with a lot of Africans with their different types of visas and also have worked with non-Africans from various countries lamenting about their restrictions because they are restricted beyond their counterparts with citizenships or greencards.

To be frank, I don't know much about visas because I really never really need one unless I need to come to Nigeria with my US passport, but I have a Nigerian passport for that. I'd suggest you research all the list of all the visas the US has. It's only a handful of them. I guarantee you tourist, student, and visitors visitors visas are intended to make u spend your money here in the US. You can't work with them. If you're smart enough though, you can beat the system and get your US citizenship within 3 to 5 years.
Just my few cents.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Erums(m): 7:22am On Sep 30, 2017
SmartMugu:

Only immigrant visas and H1B visas will give you work permits. Of course everyone with the visa lottery from Nigeria back then can work for any employer, but I don't think that still includes Nigeria in its current landscape. Fiance visas (K1 - I think that's what it's called) too with some processing will make you work for any employer in the US. You can be married to an American and that's another type of visa that can make you work with any employer as long as you're qualified for the job. On the other side, H1B visa restricts you to just one employer and to me, that's some type of slavery. H1B visa holders usually get paid less than those with citizenship or work permits.

That's why I recommended you reading through the link I sent earlier. I personally don't need any visas because I'm a US citizen as well as a Nigerian.
I only know about these stuff I shared because I mix with a lot of Africans with their different types of visas and also have worked with non-Africans from various countries lamenting about their restrictions because they are restricted beyond their counterparts with citizenships or greencards.

To be frank, I don't know much about visas because I really never really need one unless I need to come to Nigeria with my US passport, but I have a Nigerian passport for that. I'd suggest you research all the list of all the visas the US has. It's only a handful of them. I guarantee you tourist, student, and visitors visitors visas are intended to make u spend your money here in the US. You can't work with them. If you're smart enough though, you can beat the system and get your US citizenship within 3 to 3 years.
Just my few cents.

Tnks pal... I would get bck to you after reading through your link
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by puntmaniac: 12:05pm On Oct 03, 2017
jwillng:
Good evening everyone . Its been a long absence. I lost my original phone number some months back and could not get access to my Yahoo email-so have been unable to reply any emails. I have created a new email address and updated same on Nairaland.
The last 1 year has been amazing both here in the USA and in Nigeria. Will be completing the 2nd edition of my Free Report and updating my new website by beginning of September.
All the permutations, additions and subtractions are working!
Whether you are in Nigeria, planning to come to the USA , already in the USA, planning to leave the USA-believe me YOU CAN MAKE IT!

Kindly send a copy to liuholdings100@gmail.com
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by petemail2all(m): 12:15pm On Oct 03, 2017
jwillng:

I will post it here later this week and send it by email too.

Bro @jwilling, I have read so many pages of the thread, i have found it very interesting. I would love to apply for a visiting visa with my wife and daughter. My email is petemail2all@yahoo.com, pete2allmail@gmail.com. i would also love to get your whatsapp contact. Pls anyone should send me the report. Thanks
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by petemail2all(m): 1:42pm On Oct 03, 2017
I am new on the platform and have a gone through this particular thread. Thanks to all who have given meaningful and useful information here.

I plan to apply for a visiting visa with my wife an kid b4 the end of the year. However i plan to leave alone. My concern is at the POE will i be asked y i didnt come with my family as agreed with VO during my interview. Will there be any document stating I was supposed to move with my family at the POE? Thanks for you kind answers.
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Tobigo12: 8:33pm On Oct 05, 2017
Hello house. I need your advice. I will be done with my NYSC next year and i wish to leave Nigeria. I have over £10,000 in my domiciliary account. Which country do you suggest even though i prefer Canada.
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by leksyde0020: 11:28pm On Oct 05, 2017
Follow this trend and ask questions as much as you like and i believe you will be happy and thank me later https://www.nairaland.com/2656320/usa-visit-visa-part-2/530
Tobigo12:
Hello house. I need your advice. I will be done with my NYSC next year and i wish to leave Nigeria. I have over £10,000 in my domiciliary account. Which country do you suggest even though i prefer Canada.
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Laaffound: 12:28am On Oct 06, 2017
I don't mind getting the write up sent to my box laaffoundation@Gmail.com
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Tobigo12: 7:13am On Oct 06, 2017
leksyde0020:
Follow this trend and ask questions as much as you like and i believe you will be happy and thank me later https://www.nairaland.com/2656320/usa-visit-visa-part-2/530
Thank you.
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by TWoods(m): 11:26am On Oct 07, 2017
SmartMugu:

To be frank, I don't know much about visas because I really never really need one unless I need to come to Nigeria with my US passport, but I have a Nigerian passport for that. I'd suggest you research all the list of all the visas the US has. It's only a handful of them. I guarantee you tourist, student, and visitors visitors visas are intended to make u spend your money here in the US. You can't work with them. If you're smart enough though, you can beat the system and get your US citizenship within 3 to 3 years.
Just my few cents.

Much of what you wrote here is not true. The h1b visa does not restrict you to one employer, you can transfer your h1b to any employer of your choice at any time.

By law, h1b workers cannot be paid less than other workers. It is a violation of the Lca that is filed with the labor department prior to obtaining an h1b. The rule is that the h1b worker must be paid the prevailing wage. Any employer caught paying you less will likely face fraud charges and you will lose your h1b.

It’s a shame that you encourage people to beat the system by being “smart”.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Laaffound: 9:17pm On Oct 07, 2017
Still expecting the mail on laaffoundation@Gmail.com
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Nobody: 9:56pm On Oct 10, 2017
Hi, I saw ur post as very useful I'm in a situation abt ur topic pls can u get in touch by mailing a hi I'll send u d infos on mail susanduntoye@gmail.com. Thank you
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by akus6060(m): 11:56am On Oct 18, 2017
[quote author=puntmaniac post=61064499]
Kindly send a copy to akumagba63@gmail.com
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Laaffound: 10:12pm On Oct 18, 2017
Still expecting your mail laaffoundation@Gmail.com
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Rol3nd: 8:49am On Oct 19, 2017
hello fam,

am roland and pls guys i need your urgent help, In front of me i have the FORM G-325A Biographic Information which i have to submit in next 3 days but i am so confuse on the last 5 years address because within the last 1 year i have been going to S.A & NIGERIA in and out on a VISA and TANZANIA where i and my wife got married but my other addresse from LAGOS and Im currently in S.A, I dont know what to fill in here right now pls i will be so happy if i can get the necessary and urgent help pls. cry cry cry
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by afeezzezo: 9:24am On Oct 19, 2017
otosa:
can u also forward it to me; laggive@gmail.com?

please I will need the report too
this is my email zezluv9@yahoo.com thanks.
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by afeezzezo: 9:26am On Oct 19, 2017
jwillng:

Thank you my sister!
Bro please I need the report too this is my email zezluv9@yahoo.com thanks.
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by akus6060(m): 1:02pm On Oct 22, 2017
pls send the report to akumagba63@gmail.com
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by CallmeAbbey: 10:42am On Oct 23, 2017
stevelaw:
pls anyone with Jwilling report should pls send to steve4math@yahoo.com.thanks

pls send it to me
ajiboye0704@yahoo.co.uk
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by olajide2428(m): 10:43am On Oct 24, 2017
jwillng:

I dont enough yet...but I know what I need to make the money I need. I have been twice now-but I researched for over two years. I sold property and borrowed money to travel-I could not afford to gamble-no trial and error. I must say I learnt a lot from the Travel section of Nairaland and many kind nairalanders. Some of them have had trial and error for 10 years-it helped me to learn from them.

I knew exactly what I needed to do-so that when I first landed -it was straight to business....

Please kindly send me your email or any other means in send you dm's .......need to speak to you about some advises I need.thanks in anticipation.
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Neyoalao(m): 5:26pm On Nov 05, 2017
Neyoalao:

thanks
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Nwaoma198(f): 5:34pm On Nov 05, 2017
Be prayerful a

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (38) (Reply)

Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou / Poland Work Visa / Where Are Nigerians In Australia .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.