Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,679 members, 7,851,335 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:14 PM

Mend Clarifies Position On Amnesty And The "defection" Of Boyloaf - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mend Clarifies Position On Amnesty And The "defection" Of Boyloaf (5079 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Is A Wicked Man - Boyloaf / Tompolo Hails Buhari On Amnesty Programme Boss Appointment / Defection Of 5 PDP Governors Ensured Victory For APC — Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mend Clarifies Position On Amnesty And The "defection" Of Boyloaf by rasputinn(m): 7:43am On Aug 07, 2009
fayahsoul:

nigerians speak more grama than the british.

Look, MEND along with majority of nigerians are demanding resource control or so-called "true federalism" so the FGN should deal with that specific demand.

no long thing

Sounds simple enough to comprehend,but people like bubabuba will rather engage in fruitess attempts to rationalise the very irrational
Re: Mend Clarifies Position On Amnesty And The "defection" Of Boyloaf by rasputinn(m): 7:46am On Aug 07, 2009
Beaf:

Blaming the victim is something we've learnt from colonial masters and the likes of KKK. FG has a 60% share in all oil contracts, the other 40% is for the oil companies. ND leaders do not run the FG - the FG alone has set and broken enddates for gas flaring and levy's only the lightest punishment for environmental disasters (the FG bearing a 60%, doesn't want to fine itself).

And the wanabe neo-colonialists as we have them in Nigeria today,

Beaf:

A farm in the ND, yes thats oil not water and, yes thats a flare in the background.

How poetically true,
But do they know,
How would they know,except they be told, ,End Of
Re: Mend Clarifies Position On Amnesty And The "defection" Of Boyloaf by babapupa: 7:48am On Aug 07, 2009

Sounds simple enough to comprehend,but people like bubabuba will rather engage in fruitess attempts to rationalise the very irrational

Clowns in Cowboy hats and wannabee Clint Eastwood, grin grin grin
Re: Mend Clarifies Position On Amnesty And The "defection" Of Boyloaf by rasputinn(m): 8:16am On Aug 07, 2009
Those men in "your" picture,are not the issue,the majority of Deltans are convinced that they are not transparent,but stop attempting to shift the focus away from the criminal neglect by the FG of the entire region over the years.
Like Beaf wrote earlier " I welcome the day we'll be able to blame our leaders as you very ignorantly suggest; because on that day, we will have 100% resource control "
Re: Mend Clarifies Position On Amnesty And The "defection" Of Boyloaf by rasputinn(m): 8:18am On Aug 07, 2009
Ok now bubabuba grin grin grin
Got to run now,will be back to discuss some more much L8R in the day
Re: Mend Clarifies Position On Amnesty And The "defection" Of Boyloaf by Nezan(m): 10:03am On Aug 07, 2009
looters on the loose
Re: Mend Clarifies Position On Amnesty And The "defection" Of Boyloaf by jpphilips(m): 11:33am On Aug 07, 2009
[b]@ beaf

i really understand this hyperbolic brouhaha and bickering bent on your patriotism ,loyalty and parochial rationalization
truly, its not about who steals money that we are concerned with here, it equally encompasses the moral justification for what the ''BOYS'' are doing

let me tell you a little story about NDDC, it was just a commission set up by the FG to bypass the Niger Delta governors in issues concerning development because no matter how much you give their Governors, you will never see anything on ground though in the end, the Nigerian factor came in and also their inability to select scrupulous leaders made it look like the commission is inept.

the Abachas are stealing, the yaraduas are stealing likewise the obasanjos and olabodes, but one fact remains clear even when The Northerners steal this money, there is always something to take home unlike your people

Perhaps if not for Babangida, Minna could have remained a squalor till date, perhaps if not for the abachas and other rogues from there, Kano may not have had a traffic light,
please do not misconstrue these assertions that it is now justified to loot and develop your individual places of origin but your leaders are just too inhumane for my liking.

let me take you to another interesting place

lets place Enugu State and any state in the Delta in tandem

today in Enugu they can boast of good roads, fair Education, electricity and all that, i still can remember the last time i visited, i meandered through an underground tunnel of world standard courtesy of their state Government. Was chimaraoke Nnamani not stealing havent you heard of his case file with EFCC,

The FG though unscruplous cant trust your leaders with development that's why they are creating commissions and ministries here and there, and their biggest mistake is letting the governors recommend people to head those commissions, it just turns out to be an extension of the state, the story of odili,obasanjo and timi Alaibe (the former NDDC boss) will tell you more.

still on my inference abinitio, does it mean that the federal and internally Generated Revenue of Enugu state is now bigger than that of Bayelsa? the answer is No but how come Enugu with a criminal as Governor has more structures on ground than Bayelsa State.

so how can you justify the Delta having more allocations just to make uduaghan richer than Ibori?
i appreciate the Struggle no doubt afterall this is one rare case where we have had hungry and Angry Masses standing up to the Government, but looking at their strategies , modus operandi, and its ripple effects, it beats my marrow to chill

fine, the Governments lackadaisical attitude towards Niger Delta keeps them at Fault, hence justifies hurricane Moses right,

Now tell me what justifies peter odili, ibori,Alams and co who failed to implement the little they were given from not being kidnapped?
and perhaps tortured to death.

come to think of it, if my Government Gives me Good Education, electricity Good Roads,security and sets up Machinery to secure ones' future, why would i care if they are stealing or Not?[/b]
Re: Mend Clarifies Position On Amnesty And The "defection" Of Boyloaf by Ibime(m): 11:57am On Aug 07, 2009
JP Phillips, your intentions are good, but unless you are suggesting that corruption is a genetic deficiency of which Niger-Deltans are more prone to, then you have no leg to stand on.

Niger-Deltans are not responsible for prosecuting corrupt leaders. FG is. We will not be denied our rights based on this nauseating excuse.

Niger-Delta did not come into existence 9 years ago when the boys picked up guns. For 30 years, we have also been on 1.5% and 3.0% derivation and Nigeria has never proved themselves more capable of running our affairs when they controlled the resources, so your argument is invalid.

Any indigene of PH would tell you that PH saw the greatest development under the stewardship of Michael Okpara, Melford Okilo, Diete-Spiff, Rufus Ada-George and Rotimi Amaechi. All these are sons of the soil. Odili is the only overwhelming disappointment. All other Governors of Rivers State did nothing for us. Governor Adeleye was sacked in the 1990's for misappropriation of funds. We have had enough of Nigeria controlling our resources, thank you very much. We will take it from here. After all, its our will to decide.

BTW, an Igbo man such as yourself with anti-ND and anti-Ojukwu sentiments. . . . are you sure you are not a rogue element?  grin
Re: Mend Clarifies Position On Amnesty And The "defection" Of Boyloaf by jpphilips(m): 12:12pm On Aug 07, 2009
@ IBIME

BTW, an Igbo man such as yourself with anti-ND and anti-Ojukwu sentiments. . . . are you sure you are not a rogue element? Grin

that Explains how much i have embraced the realities of life,

if it is the FG's Responsibility to prosecute your, leaders, How come Gbomo jomo has the gun?

is he now prosecuting the FG for their ineptitude on your leaders, bullshit!!

as an Adult my dear, i do not let sentiments becloud my sense of judgment, go through my post and see that the day i will join massob, ojukwu will take my first bullet.

same i expect every Nigerdeltan that has joined MEND on Ibori and Odili and every leader that has failed you

oh!

now i understand why it is justified to Kidnap Mr whitaker after all pleas from his family that he has a heart condition because you want more allocation to make Ibori richer,

all i ask is simple, if you blow a pipeline belonging to NNPC/SPDC joint venture, u kidnap odili's daughter
is this too much to ask? grin grin grin
Re: Mend Clarifies Position On Amnesty And The "defection" Of Boyloaf by asha80(m): 12:19pm On Aug 07, 2009
Ibime:

JP Phillips, your intentions are good, but unless you are suggesting that corruption is a genetic deficiency of which Niger-Deltans are more prone to, then you have no leg to stand on.

Niger-Deltans are not responsible for prosecuting corrupt leaders. FG is. We will not be denied our rights based on this nauseating excuse.

Niger-Delta did not come into existence 9 years ago when the boys picked up guns. For 30 years, we have also been on 1.5% and 3.0% derivation and Nigeria has never proved themselves more capable of running our affairs when they controlled the resources, so your argument is invalid.

Any indigene of PH would tell you that PH saw the greatest development under the stewardship of Michael Okpara, Melford Okilo, Diete-Spiff, Rufus Ada-George and Rotimi Amaechi. All these are sons of the soil. Odili is the only overwhelming disappointment. All other Governors of Rivers State did nothing for us. Governor Adeleye was sacked in the 1990's for misappropriation of funds. We have had enough of Nigeria controlling our resources, thank you very much. We will take it from here. After all, its our will to decide.

BTW, an Igbo man such as yourself with anti-ND and anti-Ojukwu sentiments. . . . are you sure you are not a rogue element? grin

shocked lipsrsealed
Re: Mend Clarifies Position On Amnesty And The "defection" Of Boyloaf by Ibime(m): 12:28pm On Aug 07, 2009
asha 80:

shocked lipsrsealed

Yes of course now, since PH was in the Eastern region, Okpara was a son of the soil cos the city of PH was in his region. Diete-Spiff is from Bonny, but he developed PH as a son of the soil.

jp philips:

@ IBIME

that Explains how much i have embraced the realities of life,

if it is the FG's Responsibility to prosecute your, leaders, How come Gbomo jomo has the gun?

is he now prosecuting the FG for their ineptitude on your leaders, bullshit!!

as an Adult my dear, i do not let sentiments becloud my sense of judgment, go through my post and see that the day i will join massob, ojukwu will take my first bullet.

same i expect every Nigerdeltan that has joined MEND on Ibori and Odili and every leader that has failed you

oh!

now i understand why it is justified to Kidnap Mr whitaker after all pleas from his family that he has a heart condition because you want more allocation to make Ibori richer,

all i ask is simple, if you blow a pipeline belonging to NNPC/SPDC joint venture, u kidnap odili's daughter
is this too much to ask? grin grin grin

This is all claptrap. I have given several reasons why Odili and them cannot be touched at this stage. The last time anyone tried to go against Odili, we saw what happened in Okrika. Odili simply purchased greater firepower. Infact someone like Odili can turn the militants who carry out operations on behalf of MEND against themselves.
Re: Mend Clarifies Position On Amnesty And The "defection" Of Boyloaf by olabukola: 12:28pm On Aug 07, 2009
jp philips:

[color=#006600][b]@ IBIME
the day i will join massob, ojukwu will take my first bullet.
Am interested in this pls, can you shed more light cuz most Ibomen in here think he should be the king of iboland. Are u ibo?
Re: Mend Clarifies Position On Amnesty And The "defection" Of Boyloaf by jpphilips(m): 2:23pm On Aug 07, 2009
Am interested in this pls, can you shed more light cuz most Ibomen in here think he should be the king of iboland. Are u ibo?

funny you, subjugation hardly work these days
i said he deserves a bullet for starting that Madness Biafra in the first place
Re: Mend Clarifies Position On Amnesty And The "defection" Of Boyloaf by rasputinn(m): 2:34pm On Aug 07, 2009
jp philips:

What's the connection or is Gbomo now fighting the ND leaders
Re: Mend Clarifies Position On Amnesty And The "defection" Of Boyloaf by jpphilips(m): 2:40pm On Aug 07, 2009
This is all claptrap. I have given several reasons why Odili and them cannot be touched at this stage. The last time anyone tried to go against Odili, we saw what happened in Okrika. Odili simply purchased greater firepower. Infact someone like Odili can turn the militants who carry out operations on behalf of MEND against themselves.

well,well,well, i never knew the Bravado of the niger Deltans can turn out so comical grin grin grin grin i cant help laughing
he cannot be touched because, ''he can turn the militants against themselves''(according to you)
as such he deserves a Niger Delta pardon grin grin grin grin grin
and you call this sham Revolution?
SPDC,Chevron,Mobil, Agip, now deserves to suffer abi, the Foreigners etc

please Explain to the house the aims and objectives of the so called Niger Delta Struggle? so we can form a list of people that will be touched and vice versa

Waterside Clowns
Re: Mend Clarifies Position On Amnesty And The "defection" Of Boyloaf by Ibime(m): 2:43pm On Aug 07, 2009
jp philips:

Waterside Clowns

Yes o. . . . we have heard. . . I see your true colours like Michael Jackson.
Re: Mend Clarifies Position On Amnesty And The "defection" Of Boyloaf by Beaf: 4:07pm On Aug 07, 2009
jp philips:

Waterside Clowns

This is an apt summary of how some people from majority groups see ND people. It is "you are so small, you should really shut up and remain inconsequential while we exploit you".
Re: Mend Clarifies Position On Amnesty And The "defection" Of Boyloaf by SapeleGuy: 6:55pm On Aug 07, 2009
JP Phillips et al - Your argument fails and I shall tell you why. In any situation such as were are experiencing in the Niger Delta, you will always get collaborators.
Even nazis had cooperation from some jews during the holocaust that doesn't change the fact that the holocaust or the nazi's were wrong.
There were collaborators in Biafra as well as apartheid South Africa. Even Judas of biblical fame was a collaborator
Collaboration doesn't exonorate the perpetrators of guilt.
All we want is self determination via resource control but this is a terrifying prospect for the human mosquitos in the country.
Re: Mend Clarifies Position On Amnesty And The "defection" Of Boyloaf by Yorubaman2: 7:38pm On Aug 07, 2009
And what the hell are u going to with 100% resource more looting to your elbow
u know the saying much is given to he that has managed little very wel
Re: Mend Clarifies Position On Amnesty And The "defection" Of Boyloaf by SapeleGuy: 7:46pm On Aug 07, 2009
we will do what was done in the oil states of america and dubai, qatar, kuwait etc
the question is what will you do?
Re: Mend Clarifies Position On Amnesty And The "defection" Of Boyloaf by JomoGbomo2(m): 9:47pm On Aug 07, 2009
@all ND guys Please lets face the fact,
1. The FG has raped your father land over and over again, they've done same to the whole of Nigeria.
2. Your leaders have continued betraying you as well no doubt about that.

I personally support fiscal federalism but i am also certain that like all other policies in this country it will still not work (think i'm a perssimist?), what fiscal federalism will only do to the ND will only be to direct the fight from the FG to the state govt if at all there will be any fight at all cos the money will just be shared and the case will be worst.
Sincerely, i dont know who the ND militants think will be governing them when they own all the resources, is it not the clark, alams, timi alaibe, odili, spiff and co that will still be your leaders/?

I will suggest that the FG declare all ND state as federal land without governors and set in motion actions to develop this region probably over a period of 10yrs then hand it over to back to them through a democratic process, maybe they would have learnt to govern themselves. then we can start talking abt fiscal fedralism.

The amount that the Delta, bayelsa and rivers state are collecting every month without sentiments is enough to turn those states to Paris but like it is in the whole of Nigeria, they are just pocketing it.

Please let me give you what is happening in Brass, in beyelsa, AGIP runs the whole town, the road, light, water and even food, the king of this town is HRM Alfred Diette spiff, former gov of old Rivers State, chairman of Japaul OIl and then 2005, the Chairman of that local Govt was his Younger brother, this brass (very small island not more than the whole of ikeja) gets above to 200 Million Naira as of 2005 and you know what they do? they come at the end of the month, share #7500 ( min wage then) to all the youths in their party and the rest of it is gone.
Common pure water factory they dont have, they keep complaining that the water is bad even if they dig bore hole but it is the same bore hole that AGIP dug to feed them water, HRM with all his exposure cannot even put one single cybercafe in that town, they still want yaradua to come from abuja to come and fix business center there for them. This is just a reflection of what we have in the whole of the ND region.

The solution which i am sure the ND leaders will not like is that the federal govt shld dissolve all your leaders so that they can transform your region to the likes of abuja as you have always wanted.

@Beaf, it so pathetic that you are basing your judgement on those figures, i am a rivers man by birth, born and grew up in diobu, Azikiwe st, to be precise, i know the number of port harcourt boys and girls that bought more than 3 JAMB forms each just to be able to cheat during the exams, thats just what those no. you posted means, I wont say much on this but if you really want to know how bad you guys are not just academically but generally in life then contact me on deyou1400@yahoo.com: ND youths need to wake up from their slumber, enough of all these touts called militants proclaiming themselves as their pple saviours,

God Bless Ken Saro-Wiwa
Re: Mend Clarifies Position On Amnesty And The "defection" Of Boyloaf by Beaf: 10:00pm On Aug 07, 2009
JomoGbomo2:

~~~@Beaf, it so pathetic that you are basing your judgement on those figures, i am a rivers man by birth, born and grew up in diobu, Azikiwe st, to be precise, i know the number of port harcourt boys and girls that bought more than 3 JAMB forms each just to be able to cheat during the exams, thats just what those no. you posted means, I wont say much on this but if you really want to know how bad you guys are not just academically but generally in life then contact me on deyou1400@yahoo.com: ND youths need to wake up from their slumber, enough of all these touts called militants proclaiming themselves as their pple saviours~~~

Give away! There is a strong contradiction in the your words.

One by one, we are catching these mumu Hausa-Fulani who are scared stiff of losing their "birthright". grin

Thank God you know FG has no presense in Bayelsa. They have never ever even been connected to the national electricity grid. But no doubt, they should be thankful to benevolent Nigeria.
Re: Mend Clarifies Position On Amnesty And The "defection" Of Boyloaf by JomoGbomo2(m): 10:34pm On Aug 07, 2009
@ Beaf, lets stick to the argument and fact please if we are really looking forward to end this hullaballu.
just for the record i'm not hausa or fulani.
Re: Mend Clarifies Position On Amnesty And The "defection" Of Boyloaf by nex(m): 10:45pm On Aug 07, 2009
@Ibime

without resorting to insults, I'd really like some clarification on your statement as to why MEND and other Niger Delta militants should let sleeping Odili lie.

You seem to be insinuating that this man is so criminal and so malevolent and bloodthirsty that the militants are best off avoiding him.

It must be right then to state that the reason they can draw their guns against the Federal Government is that the FG has been mild, considerate and openminded in dealing with MEND and sundry. You seem to be saying if the FG was more like Odili in dealing with his own people, this issue would have long been resolved.

Please clarify.
Re: Mend Clarifies Position On Amnesty And The "defection" Of Boyloaf by JomoGbomo2(m): 3:10am On Aug 08, 2009
BARIGA 1
United Kingdom

Re: We Are In Bayelsa For Good To Crush Ijaw Terrorists - Jtf
« #21 on: August 06, 2009, 01:31 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But let it be on record that it was said : “another group of boys will immerge very shortly and they will demand their share of the oil money as MEND is doing to put down arms.

Even if the government pulls out and leave the oil wells that are in the area. I can tell you that the area will still not develop.

Until people start to give their chairmen, senators and governors public flogging and in some cases where it is really bad hang the bastard. Will things change in the Niger Delta.

Citizens in the Niger Delta area will continue to suffer and the suffering will get worse over the years to come. I see Somalia developing within that part of Nigeria.

People need to take their destiny in their hands and ask question. MEND is not fighting for anyone but the money they can get in their pocket and the politicians past and present sponsoring them (we know their names but know need to mention even past governors). Yes there are issues for the government to resolve, but we do not have a government in Nigeria so people need to do things themselves.

How much investment has MEND, the governor, commissioner for investment brought into the states in the area? What do they do with their allocation? PLEASE!!! PLEASE!!! SHINE YOUR EYE!!!!

It is easy to go to Abuja and demand Royalties, but what have you own people in government done for you?

First deal with your own people and then we will know that you are serious.

OBJ was the one who knew how to deal with you guys (even though I am not a fan of OBJ).

Government needs to develop the Niger Delta but not with a gun held to it head or having to first pay some hoodlum’s called MEND money.

Please put sentiments aside before replying me there is a problem within and not from the federal government. We agree the federal government has it own blames but the people you guys should be fighting should be MEND because they are having a free lunch off the back of law abiding citizens.

Good write up Bariga,
Re: Mend Clarifies Position On Amnesty And The "defection" Of Boyloaf by BlackRevo: 6:18am On Aug 08, 2009
Militants in Abuja, state condition for accepting amnesty offer

A group of Niger Delta militants, loyal to the dislodged militant leader, Tompolo arrived Abuja on Wednesday to see President Umaru Yar’Adua over the government’s amnesty plan for the youth in the region.

Members of the group, led by Joseph Etela Harry, (a.k.a Godfather) came with a list of demands which they wanted Mr. Yar’Adua to consider before they can accept the amnesty offer.

Mr. Harry, who acts as the President of Rumuola Elders Patriotic Forum, however, said his group would pull out of the negotiations if they were not given audience and if their demands are not met within 48 hours.

They also asked Mr. Yar’Adua to leave out politicians in the amnesty plan to prevent it from being hijacked.

The group, which also claimed to be loyal to Movement for the Emancipation of Niger Delta (MEND), controlled by Henry Okah, demanded that all multinationals oil companies operating in the region should submit the following documents

- certification of allocation;

- last receipt of payments to the Federal Government;

- number of oil wells and the company name including memorandum of the company with names of directors declared;

- daily production from oil well; and a memorandum to be signed to state that they will not engage in future illegal bunkering activities;

- forward all documents to the Inspector General of Police for verification and same to the Godfather;

- all militant groups to produce visual tape of arms to be produced in cause of first phase of disengagement latest Saturday to enable compilation for final arrangements and to fix the date of collection.

The group also called on the President to disregard politicians who have continued to keep him out of circulation for personal political ambition.

“Why will a politician be allowed to handle amnesty? Our doubt is that we don’t want to be used. We don’t have confidence in the governors and politicians.

“Finally, the Federal Government should empower Godfather (Mr. Harry) to enable the boys to remove the bombs and mines at the wells in different locations immediately.

“All militant camps to deliver 50 per cent of their camp ammunitions and itemise what prices are to be paid for the different arms with their serial numbers. And all arms should be submitted before the next election so that every politician will contest on merit and what he/she can offer to the electorates, hence all arms will be returned within 12 months based on what is on ground.”

Mr. Harry, who was accompanied by other leaders of the group, including Edmond Bonni Gawei, a.k.a Otiagada of Delta further tasked multinationals operating in the region to do a documentary of their production capacities, evidence of payments to government, and commitment to the amnesty offer, or lose their devotion to cessation of restiveness in the Niger Delta.

He said militants are only willing to surrender that much because the government’s commitment is still in doubt.

Speaking further on the preparation of the militants for the amnesty offer, Mr. Harry said that they will be willing to surrender 50 per cent of arms because the government’s commitment on the matter is still suspicious.

Disregard the politician

He said: “As a leader, it has not been easy to persuade the boys in the creeks to return their arms when they are not sure of the government’s commitment to the amnesty.

“We hope that they should be paid in return for arms returned in this phase. The next phase when the remaining arms would be turned in is after the government concludes building of houses as part of rehabilitation for the boys,” he said.

Asked why he was insisting on trading money for arms, contrary to MEND’s position, Mr. Harry said there was proliferation of militant groups to an extent that some are real, while others are not.

“It is unfortunate that the government is dealing with politicians, who do not know how we started the amnesty pursuit, and who are now reaping from the offer, while those of us who are in the struggle are left out.

“We are in Abuja to tell the government our position on the amnesty offer, and to present our stance on it.

“If the offer is to work, we implore them to disregard the politicians, who have continued to keep him out of circulation for personal political ambition.

“Finally, the Federal Government should empower Godfather to enable to remove the bombs and mines at the wells in different locations, immediately,” he said.

Mend’s dissociation

However, the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta dissociated itself from another meeting anticipated in Abuja. The group, in a mail to NEXT, said the presence of Boyloaf, who is a MEND commander in Bayelsa State, does not represent its interest at the Abuja meeting.

“Boyloaf has expressed a desire to return to civilian life and, as such, he is in Abuja in furtherance of his personal pursuits,” MEND said. “Already, a replacement has been effected to take over his command. Boyloaf is not acting on behalf of MEND which is already in consultations with the Presidential Special Adviser on Niger Delta, Timi Alaibe. The outcome of these negotiations will determine MEND’s approach to the governments offer.” MEND also faulted reports that Farah Dagogo, its commander in the Eastern Delta, is in Abuja for the negotiations.

“Henry Okah will not be leading the Boyloaf led bunch into any kind of talks that will focus on monetary negotiations rather than address the root issues that has led to the Niger Delta unrest, the group said.

“MEND denies any involvement in a cash for arms deal which we condemn in very strong terms. When we choose to disarm, it will be done freely; knowing that the reason for our uprising, which is the emancipation of the Niger Delta from neglect and injustice, has been achieved.”

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5441697-146/Militants_in_Abuja,_state_condition_for.csp
Re: Mend Clarifies Position On Amnesty And The "defection" Of Boyloaf by GeorgeD1(m): 4:51pm On Aug 08, 2009
what good write-up is that? the guy is posting rubbisg and you're praising him.
Re: Mend Clarifies Position On Amnesty And The "defection" Of Boyloaf by rasputinn(m): 7:40pm On Aug 08, 2009
nex:

I'd really like some clarification on your statement as to why MEND and other Niger Delta militants should let sleeping Odili lie.

Here's your answer in case you missed it:

SapeleGuy:

In any situation such as were are experiencing in the Niger Delta, you will always get collaborators.
Even nazis had cooperation from some jews during the holocaust that doesn't change the fact that the holocaust or the nazi's were wrong.
There were collaborators in Biafra as well as apartheid South Africa. Even Judas of biblical fame was a collaborator
Collaboration doesn't exonorate the perpetrators of guilt.

Re: Mend Clarifies Position On Amnesty And The "defection" Of Boyloaf by jpphilips(m): 9:35pm On Aug 08, 2009
@ rasputtin

since you have decided to baptize your leaders collaborators and that justifies their freedom,
common sense (though not common these days) tells me that is is easier to kidnap Peter odili to pay 50bn naira Ransom and use it to complete the dualization of east -west Road to challenging the federal government to a dual that will end with the formation of JTF.

@ jomogbomo2

you still have time to educate him on those jamb figures

i felt sorry for him when i saw that part of his post perhaps he doesn't know that every UME center in Diobu and Mile one has toll gates and he forgot in a hurry that JAMB officials pay community settlement before invigilation.

the likes of beaf, rasputtin and co are very far away from the delta

You left the Odilis, the iboris and co and went to Kidnap the Briggs, sometimes i wonder the Academic Qualifications of these so called MEND

do they present CV's at all during recruitment? grin grin just thinking aloud
Re: Mend Clarifies Position On Amnesty And The "defection" Of Boyloaf by rasputinn(m): 9:39pm On Aug 09, 2009
jp philips:

[b

the likes of beaf, rasputtin and co are very far away from the delta

[/b]

How can you be so sure of what you know nothing about  undecided
Re: Mend Clarifies Position On Amnesty And The "defection" Of Boyloaf by GeorgeD1(m): 12:03pm On Aug 10, 2009
academic qualification or not. the stark truth remains that without
development, there can never be peace in the niger delta.
Re: Mend Clarifies Position On Amnesty And The "defection" Of Boyloaf by stevemike1: 4:34pm On Aug 10, 2009
you see say the north when no get one oil well dey kill them selves because of religious belief, then imagin say na them get the oil for niger delta them for don divide this country.

See as Abuja be, then come see as Yenagoa be, you go know say na oppsite of each other, Abuja is so fine and clean while Yenagoa is so desolated and dirty.

Abeg government come make all the Niger Delta States captial like Abuja then see if peace no go dey.

what a bad government.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? / Flooding In Jos Kills At Least 28 / Gov. Amaechi Caught On Camera During Interview With Bundles Of Dollars In Jacket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.