Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,389 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

The One That Got Away! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The One That Got Away! (879 Views)

Lepacious Slim Girl With Huge Breasts That Got The Internet Buzzing / Pictures &Video:See The Marriage Proposal That Got A Lady Rolling On The Floor / Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The One That Got Away! by topup: 8:47am On Aug 05, 2009
Hi,

Just wondering, I have heard this time and time again, and I need answers, who better to ask than the wonderful and beautiful audience of Nairaland. (Yes I'm in a good mood smiley )

People have told me, especially guys that when they were players that they would try and bed as many girls as possible, virgins, non-virgins the lot of them, telling them lies, getting emotional with them, whatever they thought would get the deed done. "But there was this one girl who never gave in, and until this day, I respect her."

That last sentence in the story I have heard it at least 3 times now from different people, and I'm just wondering is this a common truth?

Players remember 'the one that got away'.

Go!!
Re: The One That Got Away! by DaudaAbu(m): 9:07am On Aug 05, 2009
We jst thought she were'nt worth the chase so we let em slip away

u must have heard of guys that do the craziest things jst 2 slp with a gal once.

D fact is those that prove hard to get horn your game, since u've to bring all ur skil in2 play and more
Re: The One That Got Away! by posakosa(m): 9:13am On Aug 05, 2009
topup:

Hi,

Just wondering, I have heard this time and time again, and I need answers, who better to ask than the wonderful and beautiful audience of Nairaland. (Yes I'm in a good mood smiley )

People have told me, especially guys that when they were players that they would try and bed as many girls as possible, virgins, non-virgins the lot of them, telling them lies, getting emotional with them, whatever they thought would get the deed done. "But there was this one girl who never gave in, and until this day, I respect her."

That last sentence in the story I have heard it at least 3 times now from different people, and I'm just wondering is this a common truth?

Go!!

Let them keep sleeping with all these girls,  thats the same way other men too will mess with their daughters! The fact she got away from this particular playa doesn't mean that there aren't more players lurking around,
Re: The One That Got Away! by hollandis(f): 9:16am On Aug 05, 2009
None of them got away cool.They didn't call me smart alec for nothing grin
Re: The One That Got Away! by xqwysyte(f): 9:25am On Aug 05, 2009
hey top-up

How are u doing. Just wanted to ask u, are u really over that guy that gave u heartache sometime ago when u used to come to nairaland and pour ur heart out. have u met someone new?? How do u feel now.
U seem like a strong girl. I admire u. wink
Re: The One That Got Away! by topup: 9:41am On Aug 05, 2009
xqwysyte:

hey top-up

How are u doing. Just wanted to ask u, are u really over that guy that gave u heartache sometime ago when u used to come to nairaland and pour ur heart out. have u met someone new?? How do u feel now.
U seem like a strong girl. I admire u. wink

Hi, and thank you for your concern and kind words, I have been warned several times to limit the amount of info I put on here so I can't spill all, because people can exploit it.
I'm not going to go on and on about how many guys 'want' me now and how I am so over him, but I will say that it's completely my decision to stay single right now, here's the important bit - given the range of guys I have to choose from tongue. It seems to me that people are impressed by the meer *mere fact of people being in relationships, and nobody cares if it's the 'right' relationship. I mean I find myself saying "Awwww that's so cute." when I hear of friends who are dating friends, even with the knowledge that the same guy is known as a flirt, or the same girl has a bad reputation. Truth is it's not okay to just be in a relationship, that's what I did last time, I didn't put much thought into the outcome.

Right now I feel really easy-going, not stressing out about anything apart from the things I should be, such as academic stuff.
Re: The One That Got Away! by topup: 9:43am On Aug 05, 2009
DaudaAbu:

We jst thought she were'nt worth the chase so we let em slip away

u must have heard of guys that do the craziest things jst 2 slp with a gal once.

D fact is those that prove hard to get horn your game, since u've to bring all ur skil in2 play and more

This isn't a personal attack, so you may have thought that any girl you didn't sleep with 'wasn't worth the chase' but I'm actually asking about guys who say or believe the above quote: "But there was this one girl who never gave in, and until this day, I respect her."

If this is a bunch of lies, then I wouldn't mind what good is it for a guy to say such a line when the girl in question is not there to hear it.
Re: The One That Got Away! by GEW: 9:48am On Aug 05, 2009
topup:

Hi, and thank you for your concern and kind words, I have been warned several times to limit the amount of info I put on here so I can't spill all, because people can exploit it.
I'm not going to go on and on about how many guys 'want' me now and how I am so over him, but I will say that it's completely my decision to stay single right now, here's the important bit - given the range of guys I have to choose from tongue. It seems to me that people are impressed by the meer fact of people being in relationships, and nobody cares if it's the 'right' relationship. I mean I find myself saying "Awwww that's so cute." when I hear of friends who are dating friends, even with the knowledge that the same guy is known as a flirt, or the same girl has a bad reputation. Truth is it's not okay to just be in a relationship, that's what I did last time, I didn't put much thought into the outcome.

Right now I feel really easy-going, not stressing out about anything apart from the things I should be, such as academic stuff.

just when i am begining to fall for you now u want to remain single. this is not fair. you have to reconsider
Re: The One That Got Away! by MoneyRule(m): 9:54am On Aug 05, 2009
When i meet one who "gets away", i'll come back with an answer. . . .
Re: The One That Got Away! by topup: 9:56am On Aug 05, 2009
GEW:

just when i am begining to fall for you now u want to remain single.  this is not fair. you have to reconsider

Lol. . smiley
Re: The One That Got Away! by topup: 9:58am On Aug 05, 2009
MoneyRule:

When i meet one who "gets away", i'll come back with an answer. . . .

Are you sure that's not what you want us to believe tongue, that is one of those lines guys consider to be slick, but is that the truth, have you really bedded every girl?? There was no one that you decided to leave alone when there was no chemistry, surely not everyone you dated you had to sleep with to know for sure that you didn't click with them, how about conversations, I know they're old fashioned but they still work.
Re: The One That Got Away! by platinumnk(f): 3:52pm On Aug 05, 2009
hollandis:

None of them got away cool.They didn't call me smart alec for nothing grin

Mr Hollandis, You have been summoned :

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=259856.msg4303621#msg4303621
Re: The One That Got Away! by mecussey(m): 6:56pm On Aug 05, 2009
The question is straight; the one that got away remains the actor, not really the best, still unknown and may not be more interesting. It is believed, by the CAS that she is either getting it somewhere, or over pretending or probably and L. The CAS believes that every girl is B*** and hate it when she is 'bitching' when the no big deal becomes difficult. What is she trying to prove? says a CAS; skeptical, obsessed, and thought, a second try won't be a bad thing and another is still not. Perseverance holds the key to success says one CAS and that is why they succeed in most part of there lives, most of them become alpha males and nothing is impossible. She got away, sometimes is adventurous and sometimes absurd. The scape goats are still the best friends while the actors the bad friends; sometimes the scape goats are lucky when one becomes different in the midst of indifferent and win the CAS. In fact, all men is a CAS but practice makes perfect. It is not advisable to be a 'get away girl' but smartness is the key. The quality of a man depends on his level or rating of CAS in general, lol.
Re: The One That Got Away! by MoneyRule(m): 7:30pm On Aug 05, 2009
@ topup
yes, i've bedded every girl i've tried to bed, i haven't had to leave any one alone because there was no "chemistry", "no chemistry" has never been a case.
Re: The One That Got Away! by Jamesbona: 10:54pm On Aug 05, 2009
topup:

I'm not going to go on and on about how many guys 'want' me now and how I am so over him, but I will say that it's completely my decision to stay single right now, here's the important bit - given the range of guys I have to choose from tongue. It seems to me that people are impressed by the meer *mere fact of people being in relationships, and nobody cares if it's the 'right' relationship. I mean I find myself saying "Awwww that's so cute." when I hear of friends who are dating friends, even with the knowledge that the same guy is known as a flirt, or the same girl has a bad reputation. Truth is it's not okay to just be in a relationship, that's what I did last time, I didn't put much thought into the outcome.

@topup, Excellent, so you are also interested in academics, and seriously too, to the extent of choosing to remain single? Forgive me; but I envy you a lot, I wish I could be more like you!
Re: The One That Got Away! by Jamesbona: 11:12pm On Aug 05, 2009
topup:

Hi,

Go!!
@Topup, My own belief is exactly what the Bible said: Do you see a man righteous in his ways? He has a happy end.
Take it or leave it, there is dignity in self control. You are more satisfied with yourself and more stronger when you say 'NO'! It is only the weak minded that give in to their every whims.
Re: The One That Got Away! by Positivity(m): 11:14pm On Aug 05, 2009
@ Topic: I wouldn't exactly say she got away, but I couldn't bring myself 2 do it 4 some inexplicable reason. undecided Quite weird considering the fact that my hard-on was really bulging @ thetime and the babe in question is unbelievably beautiful.

Something simply held me back. . . true story y'all. undecided
Re: The One That Got Away! by TOYOSI20(f): 11:37pm On Aug 05, 2009
err. . . .she soooooo got away!! smiley
Re: The One That Got Away! by topup: 1:07am On Aug 06, 2009
Positivity:

@ Topic: I wouldn't exactly say she got away, but I couldn't bring myself 2 do it 4 some inexplicable reason. undecided Quite weird considering the fact that my hard-on was really bulging @ thetime and the babe in question is unbelievably beautiful.

Something simply held me back. . . true story y'all. undecided

What held you back? Did the woman in question want to do it also, that makes a whole lot of difference, she can't get away if it wasn't by her choice that she didn't have sex.

I'm talking about the girlfriend who has a boyfriend who wanted to be with her just for the sex, but she wanted something more serious and took the relationship slower than the boyfriend would have wanted. Anyways, despite his many attempts to woe her, or turn her on, she resisted, unlike the many other girls who gave in, who ate their words as they allowed the guy to pounce on them or they themselves pounced on the guy after much persuasion.

The idea is that this girl 'the one that got away' stood by her word, if she hadn't she surely would have been bedded, and then the relationship ends, probably due to her refusing to have sex, or having tolerated enough pressue.

Immediately after the guy is furious, he feels teased, and he probably doesn't want anything to do with the girl, but over the years and with more maturity, the guy sees that she was special because unlike all the other girls she stood by her word, and for that she holds respect.

Is this story/idea familiar to any guy??
Re: The One That Got Away! by MoneyRule(m): 7:18am On Aug 06, 2009
Nope.
Not me.
Re: The One That Got Away! by hollandis(f): 8:36am On Aug 06, 2009
platinumnk:

Mr Hollandis, You have been summoned :

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=259856.msg4303621#msg4303621
WTF ?Are you high on snake vaginal fluid ? angry

(1) (Reply)

Is The Wedding Ring Biblical? / Ladies Which Is Better: Money Or Love / Do Long Distance Relationships Really Work?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.