Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,765 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:57 PM

Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away (19554 Views)

Lepacious Slim Girl With Huge Breasts That Got The Internet Buzzing / Pictures &Video:See The Marriage Proposal That Got A Lady Rolling On The Floor / The Expensive Benz Car Birthday Gift That's Got Twitter Buzzing.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by InkedNerd(f): 9:26am On Mar 16, 2011
Hello everyone, I thought this might be fun. While I was online this evening, I was thinking about a guy I met over 5 to 6 years ago--I started to reminisce about this guy and it I began to miss the relationship that I had with him. I wondered why I had let him get away. Although him and I were much younger when we met, it still felt special. . . So I looked him up on Google and didn't find a thing. I did the same on Facebook and I got no results. The only information I have is the former high school he went to and what he was studying in school and that's pretty much it. Anyway, every once in a while I still think about him [like now] cry. I wish I could miraculously bump into him someday embarassed.

So, let's all share stories about our long lost love or the one that got away. Everyone please share your stories, no matter how young or old you were when you met the person or let them get away smiley
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by MsPotato(f): 9:31am On Mar 16, 2011
I had this best guy friend before and we do everything and anything together. We werent dating though, We were just friends but everyone thought we were married cause we behaved like a married couple. Anyways I was happy being with him  cause he made me happy. One day he ask me if we could do sex and I was shocked I walked away from him and I started crying. ANyways, he apologized and he than said he thinks he has feelings for me and the moment I think about the future with him, my world just shattered. In Malaysia, if you end up with a Muslim guy/girl, if you are not a Muslim, you have to by force convert to a Muslim. I dont wanna be a Muslim so I told him that I dont want to be with him cause he was a Muslim. Since than we never did talk anymore.

A few years later hecalled me to meet up and we did. Than the feeling all came back to me . I really like being with this guy but I dont love him. Than he claim his love for me again and I told him that he was a Muslim that I cannot change my religion. So he was sad, I was sad and thats it. We never did see each other anymore but I will always remember the good times we had.  cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by Dyt(f): 9:32am On Mar 16, 2011
Gigglin
i rem smtyms 4yrs back
i had a nyt stand wit dis dude
it wz all so romantic within dat very short period
i smile n bite lips each tym i rem him
he wz gettin married den actually
bt we still talk n lookin 4ward 4 more days of d nyt we had
it wz such a beautiful one
i jst rem him now n cant stop smilin n bitin my lips
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by Ranoscky(m): 9:37am On Mar 16, 2011
Interesting! Mine was about this beautiful orobo that I was dating back then [I love her to the marrow]. Along the line, we lost contact for some months and the next time saw her, she has been doubled. . . .DAMN !!!
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by InkedNerd(f): 9:40am On Mar 16, 2011
Ranoscky:

Interesting! Mine was about this beautiful orobo that I was dating back then [I love her to the marrow]. Along the line, we lost contact for some months and the next time saw her, she has been doubled. . . .DAMN !!!

A least you saw yours again. I don't even know if mine still lives in the US--I don't even know if he's alive!! cry
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by SAGoddess: 9:43am On Mar 16, 2011
Uh, I was young and carefree   cheesy  wasn't ready for what he was offering.  He had lived and was ready to settle down but I wasn't, I fell out of love and we parted ways but now I know he was the best. . . . .accepted me, understood me and never tried to mould me, that love was real and we had 5 happy years together!  I am not in love with him anymore but we are really good friends. . . . . .
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by MsPotato(f): 9:46am On Mar 16, 2011
Ranoscky:

Was she more beautiful than before? grin

SA Goddess:

Uh, I was young and carefree   cheesy  wasn't ready for what he was offering.  He had lived and was ready to settle down but I wasn't, I fell out of love and we parted ways but now I know he was the best. . . . .accepted me, understood me and never tried to mould me, that love was real and we had 5 happy years together!  I am not in love with him anymore but we are really good friends. . . . . .

Awwwwwww. . . That is soo sweeet cry cry cry
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by SAGoddess: 9:51am On Mar 16, 2011
Ms. Potato:

Was she more beautiful than before? grin

Awwwwwww. . . That is soo sweeet cry cry cry

It really was, pure and real, he even taught me how to cook cheesy My lesson from that break up was "I had to lose him to appreciate a good man", he made it easy! No regrets, life happens! cheesy
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by MsPotato(f): 9:52am On Mar 16, 2011
SA Goddess:

It really was, pure and real, he even taught me how to cook cheesy My lesson from that break up was "I had to lose him to appreciate a good man", he made it easy! No regrets, life happens! cheesy

But have u found the one right now?
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by SAGoddess: 9:55am On Mar 16, 2011
Ms. Potato:

But have u found the one right now?

Not yet, but I am good. . . .dating!!!
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by CrudeOil2(m): 9:59am On Mar 16, 2011
Never experienced such in life.
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by elettrodad(m): 10:02am On Mar 16, 2011
I must go back to year 2000.
I was married that time and I falled in love for a colleague of mine.
We were dating, hiddenly for maybe six months or so. Telepathy, Sense of Humor, Good Chemistry, Sex, everything was great, exept that I was married.
She start to ask to break my wedding since the beggining, then when she realised I was not intended to do (I was loving my wife, believe it or not) she broke the relation.
I remember this like yesterday. I was in Morocco to a business trip, and she was not replying to my messages and phone calls.
I called in office asking for her and I have been told she resigned the day before and nobody knew where she was.
No more news from her for 8 years.
One day, years after being separate from my wife I decided to send her an email, just to try. She replied the same day sending me a picture of her wedding. She was so cute in the Spouse Dress! However, the message was clear.
Few months ago she contacted me by email saying she was desperate because the marriage was bad, husband was cheating her and she was breaking the marriage, after less then 2 years or so. We start chatting for two months thenwe decided to see eachother. She separated from the hubby in the meantime, and I was coming out from a bad relation with another woman. So clear land! Finally, no dark stories, just a potential genuine love story!
We decide to see each other (FIRST TIME AFTER 10 years) and I invited her for a dinner, Well the fact was that we remembered the old time and we had fun talking and telling each own life, but chemistry was not the same anymore. Too much water passed under the bridge, we say in Italy.
Now I call her from time to time, but just as friends.
That's is my Missed Story.
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by InkedNerd(f): 10:07am On Mar 16, 2011
elettrodad:

I must go back to year 2000.
I was married that time and I falled in love for a colleague of mine.
We were dating, hiddenly for maybe six months or so. Telepathy, Sense of Humor, Good Chemistry, Sex, everything was great, exept that I was married.
She start to ask to break my wedding since the beggining, then when she realised I was not intended to do (I was loving my wife, believe it or not) she broke the relation.
I remember this like yesterday. I was in Morocco to a business trip, and she was not replying to my messages and phone calls.
I called in office asking for her and I have been told she resigned the day before and nobody knew where she was.
No more news from her for 8 years.
One day, years after being separate from my wife I decided to send her an email, just to try. She replied the same day sending me a picture of her wedding. She was so cute in the Spouse Dress! However, the message was clear.
Few months ago she contacted me by email saying she was desperate because the marriage was bad, husband was cheating her and she was breaking the marriage, after less then 2 years or so. We start chatting for two months thenwe decided to see eachother. She separated from the hubby in the meantime, and I was coming out from a bad relation with another woman. So clear land! Finally, no dark stories, just a potential genuine love story!
We decide to see each other (FIRST TIME AFTER 10 years) and I invited her for a dinner, Well the fact was that we remembered the old time and we had fun talking and telling each own life, but chemistry was not the same anymore. Too much water passed under the bridge, we say in Italy.
Now I call her from time to time, but just as friends.
That's is my Missed Story.

Awwww, sorry to hear that cry cry cry
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by xhosachoc(f): 10:11am On Mar 16, 2011
During my placement nearly 2 years ago,One of the people i worked with was this short ,'unhandsome' and extremely dark individual,who i instantly disliked for no apparent reason.After working with him for some time he turned out to be the loveliest,down to earth and real individual i had ever clapped my eyes on.I grew so close to him(border line obsessed).When he accidentally touched me or brushed against me i just went wild,i totally took leave of all my senses.
embarassed embarassed

Obviously he noticed my predicament and did not waste anytime!He took me there and then in the lab office.Standing at 5"6 he was the most well hung man i had ever seen.That was not all ,he subjected me to the wildest rawest animal passion ! lipsrsealed cheesy

For the duration of my placement(1 year) we shared the most amazing relationship.We were on the same level intellectually,emotionally ,physicall ,it was too surreal.Unfortunately he moved to the states ,i returned to uni and to my 'normal' life.We still keep in touch and i really feel he is too good for me.I shall never ever forget him,
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by alagha: 10:17am On Mar 16, 2011
she was denied her love by her parents and today she is lost.
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by InkedNerd(f): 10:20am On Mar 16, 2011
alagha:

she was denied her love by her parents and today she is lost.

How is she lost? She don craze?

1 Like

Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by alagha: 10:25am On Mar 16, 2011
7 issues with 6 men.
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by InkedNerd(f): 10:29am On Mar 16, 2011
alagha:

7 issues with 6 men.

Ooooooh
lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by SALady(f): 10:29am On Mar 16, 2011
No, not me, I think I've loved every guy I've been with enough. I still know all the reasons why I had to end the relationships or why they ended it. The last main one that got away was in 2007 and funny thing is, everytime he crosses my mind I just know I could never be with him again as I am very clear in my head about why it ended.

Do I still love him? Yeah! (depends on one's definition of love). Do I still want to be with him? No! I have grown since then and I have learned enough, enough for me to see my tomorrow and I dont see how he may fit in.

I smile a lot whenever I think of him, fond memories is what I decided to take for myself when it ended and I have no doubt he continues to make somebody just as happy wherever he is. That's all I have for him now.
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by Okijajuju1(m): 10:31am On Mar 16, 2011
The one that got away,

There are two cases that pop into my head everytime my mind drifts off in thought.  But this particular girl was just amazing, A relationship that lasted just for the summer holiday (2months and a few weeks) but is still as fresh as yesterday. She truly was something, we were also both young when we met and the relationship as juvenile as it was back then still brings a smile backed with pleasant memories everytime it crosses my mind.

When I think about it now, we weren't even in the same social class back then when we met and still yet she never acted like a rich kid. Funny but before we started dating we were just good friends and it wasn't up until one evening when we both took a walk to buy some suya, did some guy walk up to her and starts asking her out. She tells the guy and I quote "cant you see I'm witjh my boyfriend", then turns to me, puts her arm around my neck and kisses me.

That was the begining of one of my most cherished memories, Then she had to go to school in the US and I back to my government sch. Lol, I did see her in the US about 13 yrs later and she was engaged to be married. I smiled but I just couldn't stop myself from wondering what it could have been like,

Cheers, To the ones that got away,
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by Ranoscky(m): 10:36am On Mar 16, 2011
Mrs potato, yes, she was stil as beautiful, pretty & sexy as ever; with an additional coma knocked smile. Infact, I truely missed both beauty and personality in that girl. She's now a proud mother of 3 sound kids. *while am stil here in NL searching!!*
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by SAGoddess: 10:38am On Mar 16, 2011
SA Lady:

No, not me, I think I've loved every guy I've been with enough. I still know all the reasons why I had to end the relationships or why they ended it. The last main one that got away was in 2007 and funny thing is, everytime he crosses my mind I just know I could never be with him again as I am very clear in my head about why it ended.

Do I still love him? Yeah! (depends on one's definition of love). Do I still want to be with him? No! I have grown since then and I have learned enough, enough for me to see my tomorrow and I dont see how he may fit in.

I smile a lot whenever I think of him, fond memories is what I decided to take for myself when it ended and I have no doubt he continues to make somebody just as happy wherever he is. That's all I have for him now.

O bonolo Lady (easy)  cheesy  cheesy  cheesy falling inlove with "every-budy"  grin  grin  grin  but I know what you mean about not going back, we are always evolving and what was good for us 5 years ago may not necessarily be what we want now  cool  cool
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by Basildon1(m): 10:41am On Mar 16, 2011
Okija_juju:

Cheers, To the ones that got away,
Well said! The ones we could have had an alternative reality with.
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by InkedNerd(f): 10:45am On Mar 16, 2011
Basildon1:

Well said! The ones we could have had an alternative reality with.

Yupp, the ones that leave us asking "What if?"
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by MsPotato(f): 10:58am On Mar 16, 2011
SA Goddess:

Not yet, but I am good. . . .dating!!!

But has it been the same like that guy or better?
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by SALady(f): 11:11am On Mar 16, 2011
SA Goddess:

O bonolo Lady (easy) cheesy cheesy cheesy falling inlove with "every-budy" grin grin grin but I know what you mean about not going back, we are always evolving and what was good for us 5 years ago may not necessarily be what we want now cool cool

haha! I knew as I was typing, that the lines leave room for such scrutiny grin grin grin. Some we Loved and some came and went. But all the same to all the boys I've loved before. Lets sing along cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by SAGoddess: 11:15am On Mar 16, 2011
I dedicate this song, to all the boys I have loved before *smiling while singing in my best Julio voice*

Aish Lady, making me teary now, I love that song AND all the boys it is dedicated to cheesy cheesy
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by spacyzuma(m): 11:28am On Mar 16, 2011
A 3-4 month relationship just ended for me about 3 weeks ago sad, and I've not gotten over her.

She's about 8 yrs older. Her fiance has been away and mine is far away too. She hadnt seen hers for more than 2 yrs, and I hadnt seen mine for more then 1 year [still havent seen mine]. sad

We secretly began around November, and we've had a blissful time, hindered by the fact that we couldn't go out in public because she's afraid her fiance's people will see her with me. On Val's day, we had a fight, but passionately made up the next morning. Then I had to travel to another city for a job interview for about a week. We spoke at least 2ce everyday. When I got back, I was shocked when she said she was ending it. She said her fiance abroad wanted to start official marriage talks with her people, and it was gettin to risky.

KAI embarassed embarassed embarassed!! For a full week, I was SOOOOOOO depressed. I knew she was right since I'm not yet ready for marriage, and it would have been very selfish of me to ask her to leave her fiance. I called her for the 1st time last night [she's been calling me occasionally]. We still see almost everyday, but nothing happens again.

Even though I'm not over her. I'm thinking of asking her for one last meeting so I can say farewell properly [enter her Book of Records], in a way she'll never forget. Yeah, I know it's selfish, but still ,

1 Like

Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by SALady(f): 11:30am On Mar 16, 2011
SA Goddess:

I dedicate this song, to all the boys I have loved before *smiling while singing in my best Julio voice*

Aish Lady, making me teary now, I love that song AND all the boys it is dedicated to cheesy cheesy

Yeah! man LOVE is the religion.
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by SALady(f): 11:37am On Mar 16, 2011
spacyzuma:

A 3-4 month relationship just ended for me about 3 weeks ago sad, and I've not gotten over her.

She's about 8 yrs older. Her fiance has been away and mine is far away too. She hadnt seen hers for more than 2 yrs, and I hadnt seen mine for more then 1 year [still havent seen mine]. sad

KAI embarassed embarassed embarassed!! For a full week, I was SOOOOOOO depressed. I knew she was right since I'm not yet ready for marriage, and it would have been very selfish of me to ask her to leave her fiance. I called her for the 1st time last night [she's been calling me occasionally]. We still see almost everyday, but nothing happens again.

^^^Something doesnt tie up, please help me out? What is wrong with those two embolded lines

You have a fiance, you are not ready to be married and you are having an affair. whats's going on
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by Nobody: 11:39am On Mar 16, 2011
I dont wanna talk about it. It still hurts
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by MsPotato(f): 11:43am On Mar 16, 2011
Ranoscky:

Mrs potato, yes, she was stil as beautiful, pretty & sexy as ever; with an additional coma knocked smile. Infact, I truely missed both beauty and personality in that girl. She's now a proud mother of 3 sound kids. *while am stil here in NL searching!!*

Sorry naa. I didnt seen this your posts. Mind my manners embarassed

Awwww. . . Im so sorry to har that. sad I guess having three kids is what made her put on some pounds naa. But I do pray you will find an amazing woman one day. have faith my dear wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Do You Know When It’s Time To Leave A Relationship? / Are Guys Attracted To Innocence? / Essential Dating Tips For Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.