Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,483 members, 7,819,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Debate An Atheist - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Debate An Atheist (14168 Views)

How a Christian should debate an atheist using science and logic / Mark Zuckerberg Was NEVER An Atheist In The First Place . / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Debate An Atheist by urahara(m): 5:10pm On Apr 22, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Seriously ? They thought he was American and he had to repeatedly say Messi's name to tell them he is an Argentine . A ransom was paid after obviously lower than they wanted because he was clearly not American . That was not a mystical event , he was just a smart guy whose ingenuity saved his life . But who knows ? We still give God thanks because God could have given him the idea and made the kidnappers figure out why he called Messi's name .

There are miracles like

Instant healing from insanity , blindness , lameness , dumbness etc .

There are more like being saved from a mishap . Like one I heard of a man who could not swim after the boat capsized . He kept on calling on God's name as he struggled for his life . He suddenly felt a power/force that pushed him upwards and kept him afloat . He couldn't believe it and tried descrying what made that happen as he peeped into the water . According to the testimony , anytime he tried looking into the water the force let go and he sunk . Just like in the bible with Peter and Jesus :

Matthew 14 : 29-30

Apparently , he doubted that it was God's power and anytime he tried dissipating his doubts by looking into the water to know what exactly kept him afloat , he sunk . And help came his way after some time . I think others drowned can't remember their fate .

There are millions of other testimonies even greater than that .

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marian_apparition
Re: Debate An Atheist by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:18pm On Apr 22, 2016
Misogynist2014:
Oh most wise! I believe that the first paragraph indeed is your opinion and nothing more.

The atheist are very delusional if they are dogmatic about their opinions . God does not exist - an opinion , there is no such thing as a true religion - an opinion , there is no such thing as afterlife - an opinion , faith is illogical - an opinion .

I wonder what makes them think in their puny minds that their opinions count grin . Any rambling or prattling I see , I skip and look for something tangible to refute in their comments cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Debate An Atheist by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:19pm On Apr 22, 2016
Re: Debate An Atheist by urahara(m): 5:23pm On Apr 22, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

The atheist are very delusional if they are dogmatic about their opinions . God does not exist - an opinion , there is no such thing as a true religion - an opinion , there is no such thing as afterlife - an opinion , faith is illogical - an opinion .

I wonder what makes them think in their puny minds that their opinions count grin . Any rambling or prattling I see , I skip and look for something tangible to refute in their comments cool

The arguments which were put to u . u couldnt counter naw u want 2 start crying. Cry well weell. If u dont know what an agnostic atheist is what u need is a good dictionary

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debate An Atheist by urahara(m): 5:26pm On Apr 22, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I am not a catholic

When u talked about xtians receiving miracles we didnt say we werent xtians. Stop acting like a coward

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debate An Atheist by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:27pm On Apr 22, 2016
urahara:

The arguments which were put to u . u couldnt counter naw u want 2 start crying. Cry well weell. If u dont know what an agnostic atheist is what u need is a good dictionary

What the heck is this . And if you are an agnostic atheist , how am I supposed to be concerned about that ?

Well , I countered every thing put forward here . If you mean explicating the text from other religions , I am not going to do that . The argument is to prove that the Christian concept of God is the true one .
Re: Debate An Atheist by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:27pm On Apr 22, 2016
urahara:

When u talked about xtians receiving miracles we didnt say we werent xtians. Stop acting like a coward

Are you Catholic ?
Re: Debate An Atheist by urahara(m): 5:29pm On Apr 22, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

What the heck is this . And if you are an agnostic atheist , how am I supposed to be concerned about that ?

Well , I countered every thing put forward here . If you mean explicating the text from other religions , I am not going to do that . The argument is to prove that the Christian concept of God is the true one .

U said atheists say there is no god . i said check out the meaning of agnostic atheist.
Re: Debate An Atheist by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:36pm On Apr 22, 2016
urahara:

U said atheists say there is no god . i said check out the meaning of agnostic atheist.

A person who holds the view that the existence of a deity cannot be proven nor disproven, but personally leans towards the idea of there not being one

So I was right any way . Unless you don't know the basket of delusion you are in type of atheist you are.

But bro , what does this have to do with anything .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Debate An Atheist by urahara(m): 6:14pm On Apr 22, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

[i]A person who holds the view that the existence of a deity cannot be proven nor disproven, [b]but personally doesnt believe in a god/b] [/

Re: Debate An Atheist by freecocoa(f): 7:04pm On Apr 22, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I know right . The atheists can be so irrational - unable to ratiocinate during arguments . But we will pray for them
You are the worst.

Your thought process dey shock me.tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debate An Atheist by freecocoa(f): 7:08pm On Apr 22, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

just see your life.

And the rubbish you claim about God blah blah, is not an opinion?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debate An Atheist by frank317: 7:41pm On Apr 22, 2016
urahara:

Somebody please arrest this guy.even for a xtian ur arguments suck to death .if jesus is proof of yahwehs existence then bobby henderson os proof of the flying sphagetti monsters existence.
My gosh.hw many tymz should we explain dis 2 u.

Lol... Don't take him seriously. I just realized he is an aspiring comedian.
Re: Debate An Atheist by urahara(m): 8:05pm On Apr 22, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Lol.u re really funny.plus u dont no when ure startin to sound like a nutjob.countered ko .countered ni .my friend comot.
Re: Debate An Atheist by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:07pm On Apr 22, 2016
freecocoa:
just see your life.

And the rubbish you claim about God blah blah, is not an opinion?

Buhari being Nigeria's president has to be an opinion tho undecided
Re: Debate An Atheist by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:10pm On Apr 22, 2016
Re: Debate An Atheist by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:10pm On Apr 22, 2016
freecocoa:
You are the worst.

Your thought process dey shock me.tongue

sweerie pie , ... baby girl dont be like that kiss . Forget all these delusions and benightedness of atheism and come to Christ smiley
Re: Debate An Atheist by urahara(m): 8:21pm On Apr 22, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

sweerie pie , ... baby girl dont be like that kiss . Forget all these delusions and benightedness of atheism and come to Christ smiley

Oh yahweh . protect me from ur followers

1 Like

Re: Debate An Atheist by Demmzy15(m): 9:19pm On Apr 22, 2016
analice107:

In what way has man suffered in the hands of God?
You can see how your bible messed up things, the lucifer guy as a point because the biblical God is nothing but a blood thirsty being. I was telling your colleague the other day that, Satanists now consider Satan a freedom fighter, for standing up to the tyranny of your God. I don't know how you're going to refute him, I seriously don't know!
Re: Debate An Atheist by freecocoa(f): 9:39pm On Apr 22, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Buhari being Nigeria's president has to be an opinion tho undecided
You see why I say you are the worst?

Buhari being president of Nigeria, is a fact, because it is verifiable.

How do we verify your claims about your God?

To think that you came up with the Buhari analogy in comparison with my post, Ebuka melu nu onwe gi ebele and start thinking like someone with a functional mind, haba!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Debate An Atheist by freecocoa(f): 9:42pm On Apr 22, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Christ is only but, a figment of your imagination.

Wake up and smell the akamu.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Debate An Atheist by KingEbukaNaija: 9:56pm On Apr 22, 2016
freecocoa:
You see why I say you are the worst?

Buhari being president of Nigeria, is a fact, because it is verifiable.

How do we verify your claims about your God?

To think that you came up with the Buhari analogy in comparison with my post, Ebuka melu nu onwe gi ebele and start thinking like someone with a functional mind, haba!

Experience is a path to knowledge . I'm sure you dont have the brains to comprehend that , so let's forget it

But chere o . Nwata anyi i wu onye Igbo n'ezuzughari ebe a . Chineke ekwela ihe ojo . So i so ndi iberibe a n'eme njakiri ihe gbasara Chinke . Onye nwe uwa nile ? Tufia !
Re: Debate An Atheist by KingEbukaNaija: 9:57pm On Apr 22, 2016
freecocoa:
Christ is only but, a figment of your imagination.

Wake up and smell the akamu.

I smell Ignorance . Christ is a historical figure oo ooo . I we diri uburu at all
Re: Debate An Atheist by freecocoa(f): 10:04pm On Apr 22, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Experience is a path to knowledge . I'm sure you dont have the brains to comprehend that , so let's forget it

But chere o . Nwata anyi i wu onye Igbo n'ezuzughari ebe a . Chineke ekwela ihe ojo . So i so ndi iberibe a n'eme njakiri ihe gbasara Chinke . Onye nwe uwa nile ? Tufia !
How do we verify your claims? and you are talking yanyanpu.

Your experiences are your experiences and whatever knowledge you may have garnered on your path, definitely doesn't mean whatever you say/think is fact(save for the ones that are) so stop being a dumbo and use your head, try and be rational, it wouldn't kill you.

Chineke nmuo ko nke nmadu? Mschew, chineke gbakwa oku.

Btw, this your post smells like a cop out, iti mpataka like you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debate An Atheist by freecocoa(f): 10:08pm On Apr 22, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

I smell Ignorance . Christ is a historical figure oo ooo . I we diri uburu at all
Historical figure my ass, he may have been alright, what I'm asking is, how do you know all the claims about him are true?

Juo onwe gi that uburu question, maka it suits you best.
Re: Debate An Atheist by Nobody: 10:10pm On Apr 22, 2016
I wasn't going to comment on this thread but this has gone on long enough.

As an atheist I operate on logic and reason.

Theists on the other hand operate on faith and beliefs.

Complete opposites.

Therefore theists cannot be reasoned with. Ebuka's unintelligent replies are evident to the fact.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debate An Atheist by KingEbukaNaija: 10:21pm On Apr 22, 2016
freecocoa:
How do we verify your claims and you are talking yanyanpu.

Your experiences are your experiences and whatever knowledge you may have garnered on your path, definitely doesn't mean whatever you say/think is fact(save for the ones that are) so stop being a dumbo and use your head, try and be rational, it wouldn't kill you.

Chineke nmuo ko nke nmadu? Mschew, chineke gbakwa oku.

Btw, this your post smells like a cop out, iti mpataka like you

Nubile lady , I am one of the greatest rational minds on earth . Experience is a path to knowledge . Whether you believe my experience or not does not stop me from obtaining knowledge from/about it . *facepalm*
Re: Debate An Atheist by HCpaul(m): 10:22pm On Apr 22, 2016
Hmm... Great!!! Kudos anyway.
Am I welcome?
Re: Debate An Atheist by HCpaul(m): 10:28pm On Apr 22, 2016
I need an atheistic based evidence on the inexistence of God with the inclusion of any deity, mythological being and the likes.

Atheistic proofs and not scientific truth and pseudo-certainties.
Re: Debate An Atheist by HCpaul(m): 10:29pm On Apr 22, 2016
Did Aliens exist?
Re: Debate An Atheist by freecocoa(f): 10:30pm On Apr 22, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Nubile lady , I am one of the greatest rational minds on earth . Experience is a path to knowledge . Whether you believe my experience or not does not stop me from obtaining knowledge from/about it . *facepalm*
The fact that you don't know that your experiences are yours alone and therefore are subject to scrutiny, when you start making claims, go a long way to show that you are anything, but rational.

No one is stopping you, nor even suggested you stop gathering knowledge from your experiences or whatever, gather knowledge all you want but be ready for verification when you claim something as a result of the said experience, is all I'm saying.

Ebuka, e bu kwa iti o, I swear amaro'm na iberiberism gi di this much o, ndo o, nna. cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debate An Atheist by KingEbukaNaija: 10:33pm On Apr 22, 2016
Joshuabase:
I wasn't going to comment on this thread but this has gone on long enough.

As an atheist I operate on logic and reason.

Theists on the other hand operate on faith and beliefs.

Complete opposites.

Therefore theists cannot be reasoned with. Ebuka's unintelligent replies are evident to the fact.

This obtuse fellow again . Do you do anything other than incessantly displaying foolishness

Atheists also have faith and beliefs .

The non existence of a creator is a belief plus the exhibition of faith that life indeed came forth from the non living despite the mathematical impossibility . You have faith that some day man will provide answers to questions pertaining his existence through science . There are atheists who believe in reincarnation , malediction , spirits and other paranormal events but not in God .

What do you even know undecided .

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants / All Babies Are Enemies Of God / What Is The Connection Between Santa And Christmas?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.