Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,211 members, 7,815,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria (25202 Views)

CBN Amends New Forex Policy Over Controversy / Forex Policy: IMF Lauds CBN, Naira Appreciates / CBN Forex Policy Irreversible — Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by pendusky(m): 6:58am On Apr 21, 2016
heheheh
Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by Nobody: 6:59am On Apr 21, 2016
Hmmmm

Basically, Nigeria does not have enough forex. That is the problem.

Well....releasing forex would make things worse.

1 Like

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by wilcox(m): 6:59am On Apr 21, 2016
Buhari is working and Nigerians economy is shaking. Wetin concern Buhari. The statement he will issue about this will be thus: "if you can't afford to hire a private jet to fly out, then you have no business traveling out"

5 Likes

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by Nobody: 6:59am On Apr 21, 2016
Over 500 million what? This people are making money from naija ooo
Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by Pranxta(m): 6:59am On Apr 21, 2016
Na Buhari still cause this one

1 Like

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by magicminister: 6:59am On Apr 21, 2016
I don't know how i feel about this.
Pulling out of Nigeria would cost some Nigerians their jobs and cost the Nigerian government a chunk of tax.

But one thing i know for sure is that the price of flights has increased exponentially withing the past couple of months.
I thought they were sourcing their forex externally!

3 Likes

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by Nobody: 7:00am On Apr 21, 2016
shamecurls:
Innoson should tap into this opportunity and start building passenger aircraft's for local and international route grin grin grin

Jokes aside....Innoson is supplying the Air Force with spare parts for its jets.

1 Like

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by ironheart(m): 7:01am On Apr 21, 2016
good move CBN, they make millions, pays NIGERIANS chips and takes the bulk of the proceeds to their country. no investment. Arik Air should take the slot or Air Peace. this is the kind of reforms Nigeria needs. At this point in the life of Nigeria can we know the true friends who wish to invest and develop our nation.

4 Likes

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by caphone: 7:01am On Apr 21, 2016
Let them go abeg, its high time we start to operate our airline cuz so called forieng airline will be milking nd treating our people at exhorbitant rates and now cuz we want to revvamp nd develop they think they can threathen us, ffuvk em make dem no come baq sef
Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by Nobody: 7:03am On Apr 21, 2016
ifenes:
Change is not easy. It goes through a painful process. If you want change,be ready to suffer a bit. Nigeria is undergoing the right process and at some point,her citizens will realize it.

Monkey, still playing politics. Change abi Confused? You cant put everything on pause, while ppl suffer. What happened to building the economy first then start destroying the old policies. I see you r a misdirected youth dancing to party tunes.

6 Likes

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by RasheedUmar: 7:09am On Apr 21, 2016
Buhari o
Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by repogirl(f): 7:10am On Apr 21, 2016
Congratulations to Boooohari.

1 Like

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by macaranta(m): 7:11am On Apr 21, 2016
They should allow them repartrate their profits

2 Likes

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by freeze001(f): 7:12am On Apr 21, 2016
ifenes:
Change is not easy. It goes through a painful process. If you want change,be ready to suffer a bit. Nigeria is undergoing the right process and at some point,her citizens will realize it.

That point of realisation had better come quickly because people need to be alive, healthy n happy enough to appreciate it.

There is no reason why supposedly curing a sector or country of corruption should translate to abject poverty, unnecessary job losses, absolutely insufficient supply of power n petrol at prohibitive prices.

3 Likes

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by ifenes(m): 7:12am On Apr 21, 2016
Akosa007:

Monkey, still playing politics. Change abi Confused? You cant put everything on pause, while ppl suffer. What happened to building the economy first then start destroying the old policies. I see you r a misdirected youth dancing to party tunes.

I'm not even based in Nigeria. But I know change when I see one. For new things to happen,old ones needs to go. You cannot have Forigner taking over your trade system. Buhari is doing the right thing however painful it may be. It is called Sacrfies for the next generation.

5 Likes

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by prinsam30: 7:13am On Apr 21, 2016
Pidggin:
This is what you call destruction of our economy. What it took PDP to build for 16 years is being destroyed by gutter economics.

buhari is on a mission to fix the damages PDP has caused for 16yrs, if any company is not satisfied with the way things are running now, the door is widely open, they should get the fvck out

change is a gradual process, we shall get there by God's grace

1 Like

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by Nobody: 7:16am On Apr 21, 2016
TPAND:
Investors leaving
Jobs cut
Gala size don reduce
Salaries cut
Garri don go up
House rent don go up
Feul is apparently not subsidized N150
Transport fare don add extra 100 naira
Local companies are declaring bankruptcy
Vibrant startups are struggling and winding up
Companies have comprised quality standards to stay afloat.

Nigeria must be paying for the sin of whole world.

This change no be wetin we vote for

It is well

1 Like

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by kumuyi2194: 7:17am On Apr 21, 2016
Good for Iberia Airline as they have no regard for Nigerians onboard their aircraft. I have used them on several occasions and vowed not to step my foot on their aircraft, they treat Nigerians as if we are not human. Nigerians should learn to understand Government policies and what they tend to achieve in the nearest future. Nigerians are unemployed because we depend on finished goods and services from abroad. IF YOU DONT EMPOWER LOCAL INVESTORS YOU ARE CREATING PROBLEM FOR YOUR NEXT GENERATION. Let's embrace our products and services and forget about criticism. Love Nairaland, love Nigeria.
Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by Henryadaku(m): 7:17am On Apr 21, 2016
Abeymills:
Apc bubuhari met an economy n a country dat is not as worst as it is right nw wat a shame zombies n those tribal n riligious begots who brot dis wicked clueles daura ediots to rule us a president dat cant acess or operate a computer nigeria i weep for thee but i bliv God has a greater plan for us soon we will all c the reward of the betrayals n d wicked

And this is meant to encourage who?.......sound stupid to me

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by 989900: 7:19am On Apr 21, 2016
Dangote and a few get all the dollars.
Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by Elxandre(m): 7:21am On Apr 21, 2016
ifenes:

I'm not even based in Nigeria. But I know change when I see one. For new things to happen,old ones needs to go. You cannot have Forigner taking over your trade system. Buhari is doing the right thing however painful it may be. It is called Sacrfies for the next generation.
That's why you are carefree about the sufferings of the common man.

If you were based in Nigeria and currently experience the hardship, with the prices of everything almost doubled, but with the same meagre salary, you'd think twice before talking.

5 Likes

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by mezynaija(m): 7:21am On Apr 21, 2016
Breaking News: Boko Haram Now Gives Loans To Youth As Bait For Membership

Read Here: http://www.jtownconnect.com/2016/04/breaking-news-boko-haram-now-gives.html
Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by Boeing777pilot: 7:22am On Apr 21, 2016
Chickens angry

The airline nor get level sef.

1 Like

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by OgaTheTop2: 7:26am On Apr 21, 2016
Jirate:
By the time other Airlines join suit, how will Aisha Buhari be traveling to London for her Lectures every Morning? O boy Problem dey O…….. cool cool
Government should put in place our national carrier. Ordinary Rwanda can boast of fine and beautiful air planes for their national flight business. With time things will favour Nigeria
Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by Damikevin(m): 7:30am On Apr 21, 2016
#BabaWhenWillWeStartFeelingChange? #BWWWSFC
Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by musicwriter(m): 7:30am On Apr 21, 2016
We know how the IMF and world bank works, so you all shouldn't be scared.

If you investigate that Iberia airline, you'll discover it belongs to a network of companies controlled by the IMF and world bank. So, their game is usually to make coordinated withdrawal of investments to evoke panic.

I said all these before.

Their next move would be to tighten the noose on Nigeria, until the masses go on to the street to protest against the government. Then, they'll say ''I told you so''. And they'll start funding a stooge political party to over-throw the head of state of their target prey-this time it's Nigeria, unfortunately.

They'll never rest until they worsen the economic crisis in Nigeria.

Buhari have to be strong and never show any sign of surrender, when they get the message they'll back out.

4 Likes

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by onatisi(m): 7:31am On Apr 21, 2016
TPAND:
Investors leaving
Jobs cut
Gala size don reduce
Salaries cut
Garri don go up
House rent don go up
Feul is apparently not subsidized N150
Transport fare don add extra 100 naira
Local companies are declaring bankruptcy
Vibrant startups are struggling and winding up
Companies have comprised quality standards to stay afloat.

Nigeria must be paying for the sin of whole world.

This change no be wetin we vote for

2 Likes

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by Edelweiss44: 7:32am On Apr 21, 2016
jayriginal:

Did you really say this?

My goodness!

In reality what you are seeing is the effect of 16 years of PDP misrule and devastation. We had years of plenty and we didn't prepare. How do you expect us to fare in the years of famine?

Nigerians want short term solutions and that is what got us in this sad situation. That is why our politicians are able to hoodwink us and rob us of our heritage. They dine fat on our wealth and throw crumbs at us because we don't demand for better. We live for today, not for tomorrow.

We need change, but it must start from the mind first. That's the most important change.

Ogbeni will you stop making a mockery of yourself there?? At your age you still can't tell yourself the simple truth! So it's PDP that caused this fuel scarcity? Your Minister of Power, Fashola while still in the opposition as Lagos State Governor once said that any serious Government would fix the power situation in the country within six months.........but now, his Government has been in power for almost 1year and yet nothing to show for it except blaming Jonathan and PDP.

Obasanjo came in when the price of oil was less than $20 per barrel, and he did not complain, he did not owe salaries, he had access to far less revenue than Buhari currently has with oil at over $30 per barrel, yet Obasanjo did not try blaming past leaders for any inability to fix things. Tell your President to quit blaming PDP and start fixing the economy, which is what he was voted to do!!

7 Likes

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 7:33am On Apr 21, 2016
No country survives by isolating itself it only means if other countries follows suite pls like dangote, gtb, glo profit would be trapped I. Other countries also. Nigerians are in for a tough time than ever.

1 Like

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by shehuolayinka(m): 7:33am On Apr 21, 2016
After every investors waka comot and hunger wire Nigerians very well. Then maybe we will open our eyes and see that this government is nothing but a scam.

4 Likes

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by sabdaz: 7:34am On Apr 21, 2016
ifenes:

Just like Alitalia, Iberia no dey get passengers like that. Na why dem close down. No be FOREX PROBLEM
Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by ifenes(m): 7:36am On Apr 21, 2016
Elxandre:

That's why you are carefree about the sufferings of the common man.

If you were based in Nigeria and currently experience the hardship, with the prices of everything almost doubled, but with the same meagre salary, you'd think twice before talking.

Fair enough. But some has got to think of the future.This is the time to be creative.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV / Top Lucrative Fiverr Gigs You Should Sell In 2018 / NCC Sues MTN For Copyright Infringement Against Maleke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.