Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,134 members, 7,814,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria (25194 Views)

CBN Amends New Forex Policy Over Controversy / Forex Policy: IMF Lauds CBN, Naira Appreciates / CBN Forex Policy Irreversible — Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by blackprowler: 8:18am On Apr 21, 2016
ifenes:
Change is not easy. It goes through a painful process. If you want change,be ready to suffer a bit. Nigeria is undergoing the right process and at some point,her citizens will realize it.

How old are you? You know how many of the vomit you spewed here your father and mother heard from when they were kids? Your child will say same when you're old and you will personally slap him. You have no idea

3 Likes

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by twosquare(m): 8:19am On Apr 21, 2016
cekhoe:
I just lost my job because the company is cutting cost,and some one is telling me this government is putting policies that will yield benefits on a long term,but I would like to know if that includes people starving to death before we see the long term benefits,because they are obviously not aware of how bad things are going on the streets from staring down from the windows of their glass houses
eeyah..sorry o...God will miraculously provide a better paying job for you. Amen

2 Likes

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by bankylan: 8:19am On Apr 21, 2016
Hillzy:
Iberia, d reason dey left for self is just be'cos of greed, they came to the country to work n at d end return all their proceeding dey make back to their country for development n where dey made d money frm nothing to show for it. Make dem go greed pple, another pple go come. Make CBN tighten d forex policy more self so dat all those greed goat go leave, make beta pple com

How old are u?....ignorance at its peak!

3 Likes

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by babyfaceafrica: 8:19am On Apr 21, 2016
6digitscomrade:
SORRY 4U CUZ UR BRAIN IS STILL TUNED TO CANOE AND KEKE NAPEP DAYS..SMH...DIS WHO E EPP IS BECOMING ANNOYING IS NO LONGER AMUSING..PEOPLE TALKING SZRLY IF U GAT NOTHING IMPORTANT TO ADD WHY NOT JUST MOP UP?
RIP...English
Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by NavierStokes(m): 8:20am On Apr 21, 2016
Checked86:
Even people that do not know where the economy is being headed will come here and say trash. With time you will not have anything to defend. We go around the world seeking for foreign investors but the foreign investors operating already in our country are fleeing. I am just watching. I enjoin the CBN and other agencies that handle monetary policies to check other ways of helping Naira without making it so rigid. For any country, especially developing country to do well, foreign investment is very important. You can't just ignore that. No foreign investors are coming to help you, they come when they see they have something to gain but no matter their intention, the host country always gain more.

Tell them brother, as if investors are humanitarian organisations. The aim of investment is to make profits so the citizens can keep encouraging this government with their useless policies until they fully reset us back to pre independence.

4 Likes

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by 6digitscomrade: 8:21am On Apr 21, 2016
ofcourse u damn ryt..a one eyed man in the land of the blind becomes a king..psychotic foes always claim to be the smartest..they kill..shoot..aim..instead of the other way round..they are shortsighted..myopic brain..they are sheeps they cant roam without a shepherd and cant defend themselves even when they are been stolen unlike thier brother the GOAT..so my bro am glad others will read the post and spot the diff.btw the goat that will fight to be saved or meee for rescue by the owner or scare away predators unlike the sheep..who mumu has crowned that patience is a virtue for shit change.
vislabraye:

People will always be zombies...
Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by vislabraye(m): 8:21am On Apr 21, 2016
bjbukzy:

Bro chill! China underwent this process som yrs ago by practically closing all it sectors of economy to the outside world.
with this policy, investors from nigeria can invest in this sector without the fear that another carrier with unlimited capital base can run it out of business (and charge us drastically after) and also govt will be able to generate revenue from it.
Nigerians pays for this flight and all the money is taken to anither country....

Educate me where u think i am wrong.

Is that what this government is trying to do ? Hahahahaaa. U people like to give excuses on the behalf of this government. So Nigeria wants to close all sectors of the economy to the outside world, yet the president is hopping from one continent to another looking for foreign investors ?

4 Likes

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by olapluto(m): 8:22am On Apr 21, 2016
Until there is a nationalistic pride in all Nigerians, we will be stagnant. Iberia is leaving us because they are not able to remit their profits back to Spain. Profits made from Nigerians. Tough luck.
Its like a rapist vexing for the victim after she refuses to help him unzip his trousers. Sorry Iberia. Sorry.

1 Like

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by Raziii(m): 8:22am On Apr 21, 2016
ifenes:
Change is not easy. It goes through a painful process. If you want change,be ready to suffer a bit. Nigeria is undergoing the right process and at some point,her citizens will realize it.
you call this the right process...#sigh

1 Like

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by TPAND(f): 8:23am On Apr 21, 2016
rallymento:

That Gala thing vex me ehh... As I be professional Gala eater... I don port to super bite sha...

Gala really missed it with that size reduction. I be professional hold-up gala consumer. That new gala size is a no no... The dough is now stronger, the beef looks compromised in texture and less tastier than the usual Gala we use to know.

2 Likes

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by moski5(m): 8:25am On Apr 21, 2016
ifenes:

Do tell wat dis processes are and the impact on the Nation n her people
Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by NavierStokes(m): 8:26am On Apr 21, 2016
blackprowler:

How old are you? You know how many of the vomit you spewed here your father and mother heard from when they were kids? Your child will say same when you're old and you will personally slap him. You have no idea

This "change" is an invitation to anarchy, but some of these kids will come here talking nonsense in defense of their god.
the great philosopher, Alfred North Whitehead had rightly said that"the art of progress is preserving order amidst change and change amidst order" from this it is evident that we are changing without making progress.

A good look all around us and you see anarchy brewing, police kidnapping citizens for ransom , robbery, cultism, vandalism, insecurities, brazen insensitivity displayed from the presidency downwards etc

We really need to redefine our democracy in my own opinion, giving weights to certain people, how can a learned professor of economics and a local agbero be entitled to one vote each.

Damn.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by 6digitscomrade: 8:26am On Apr 21, 2016
yea RIP ENGLISH AND IT HAD HER FUNERAL IN YOUR HOUSE..like i said just keep mopping like a m.oron if u gat nothing valuable boredom kills i understand buh i think its better when u die with honor instead of dieing with embarrassment like the one u attracting to ur lousy ass here bro!
babyfaceafrica:
RIP...English
Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by moski5(m): 8:27am On Apr 21, 2016
Hillzy:
Iberia, d reason dey left for self is just be'cos of greed, they came to the country to work n at d end return all their proceeding dey make back to their country for development n where dey made d money frm nothing to show for it. Make dem go greed pple, another pple go come. Make CBN tighten d forex policy more self so dat all those greed goat go leave, make beta pple com

so if yu make money in another country n yu wanna pull some out You should b denied right

3 Likes

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by Raziii(m): 8:32am On Apr 21, 2016
Let me ask some of you a question... if Nigeria had a national carrier and let's says does business in Spain... wouldn't it transfer it's proceeds back to Nigeria or would it instead use it to build bridges and roads in Spain? Fact: countries do businesses in other countries so they can expand their revenue base!

3 Likes

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by RasheedUmar: 8:32am On Apr 21, 2016
Chai!
Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by babyfaceafrica: 8:33am On Apr 21, 2016
6digitscomrade:
yea RIP ENGLISH AND IT HAD HER FUNERAL IN YOUR HOUSE..like i said just keep mopping like a m.oron if u gat nothing valuable boredom kills i understand buh i think its better when u die with honor instead of dieing with embarrassment like the one u attracting to ur lousy ass here bro!
sowie
Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by 6digitscomrade: 8:34am On Apr 21, 2016
ok my dear u gat it..anytime i hear that name OLIVIA..it reminds me of 50cent CANDY SHOP FT OLIVIA..and olivias are always beautiful with extreme sexual appeals dont be flattered although the naughty part is that they appear flirty.that is cuz men misunderstand sexual appeal for flirting acts..well no one is perfect..back to the topic..now that candy shop 50cent said life is a race to her(olivia)so UnCloth quicker..which has always been fav.line..infact am playing the track ryt now..and when i checked ur profile ..hummmm i saw u wrote life is a race there..so olivia will i be outta place to call u weirdlol
Oliviaxx:

No..actually I dont.please tell me sir
Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by musicwriter(m): 8:35am On Apr 21, 2016
NavierStokes:

My friend, no body (IMF) is worsening anything, all your predictions are things that will be bound to happen at the rate this government is going, no one is inviting the populace against the government rather her policies biting hard into the skin of the people will be returned with a backlash.

Of course, you take everything at face value, because you don't know what's going on underground. But, we've gone beyond that and actually researched how they operate.

Someone is bent on controlling YOU my friend.

See the Capitalist Network That Control The World's economy www.africason.com/2015/05/the-capitalist-network-that-control.html

See disadvantages of the IMF at http://www.africason.com/2016/04/disadvantages-of-imf-international.html
Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by Nobody: 8:36am On Apr 21, 2016
twosquare:
eeyah..sorry o...God will miraculously provide a better paying job for you. Amen
thanks

3 Likes

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by Nnemuka(f): 8:37am On Apr 21, 2016
AnakinSkywalker:

HA...The International Aviation Travel Molue is Gone?!! So now they won't get the chance to steal and misplace bags and gift items bought by passengers? Chai. They won't be able to look down on you with disdain when you want to claim your rights over a bad customers service or loss/misplacement of luggage? But Nigeria why?

I won't miss Iberia. Another airline? Yes. Iberia? No! The only reason people fly Iberia is because it is just cheap. I will choose Turkish over them any day!

Please they should pull out and perhaps let us all sit-down and work on getting a new national carrier out of necessity. But again, Nigerian's will only see this as an opportunity to loot.

As usual,we all know anything that happens to Nigeria and Nigerian's is always by their own (wrong) doing and through their greed and "long throat".

Atleast average nigerians can travel to various destinations.
with British airways above the standard of an average nigerian (BA to london is almost 900k) Iberia flies same route for 150k, which do you think poor and average will go for?
dont celebrate stupidity

5 Likes

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by 6digitscomrade: 8:37am On Apr 21, 2016
apology accepted no hard feelinz..live free or die hard.
babyfaceafrica:
sowie
Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by veuttoutlemonde: 8:38am On Apr 21, 2016
What stops them from buying the dollar at the bank parallel rate?
Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by grandstar(m): 8:40am On Apr 21, 2016
ifenes:

Buhari means well but his economics is lamentable! Sanusi, Soludo and Utomi have all condemned his statist policies. Sanusi said they have not worked anywhere in th world

The monumental petrol scarcity is caused by a chronic scarcity of forex brought about by Buhari's forex policies.

Also the crash of the naira has made petrol very cheap in Cfa countries where they are smuggled to.

1 Like

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by NavierStokes(m): 8:40am On Apr 21, 2016
musicwriter:

Of course, you take everything at face value, because you don't know what's going on underground. But, we've gone beyond that and actually researched how they operate.

Someone is bent on controlling YOU my friend.

See the Capitalist Network That Control The World's economy www.africason.com/2015/05/the-capitalist-network-that-control.html

See disadvantages of the IMF at http://www.africason.com/2016/04/disadvantages-of-imf-international.html

And there you get it all wrong...
Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by Nobody: 8:42am On Apr 21, 2016
Nnemuka:

Atleast average nigerians can travel to various destinations.
with British airways above the standard of an average nigerian (BA to london is almost 900k) Iberia flies same route for 150k, which do you think poor and average will go for?
dont celebrate stupidity

Just as you celebrate only seeming brilliance.

I "joy" at their leave. That some travelers are poor does not mean they should accept shitty treatment and service. I do not pity Iberia. Perhaps a better Airline will come out of this. I hope they never return, unless with better services.
Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by RockyEyo(m): 8:42am On Apr 21, 2016
tafrica:
Just watch as 'ultimate defenders' will invade this thread and call this development a good one, they will call all these international airlines thieves for complaining about the difficulty in converting their profits to dollars. Hailers will say 'let them go, we don't need them' as if a nation can grow in isolation. How will our economy grow when foreign investors aren't coming and the few ones we have are leaving? The implication of this development;
1. Job loss for the workers.
2. The remaining airlines will probably inflate their prices.
3. This decision may force others follow same path.
4. News like this further discourages foreign investors from coming to Nigeria.

Which foreign investors will come to Nigeria when you know you can't convert your profits to dollars?

I'm still battling to know how any news of foreign investors leaving our shore is a good news, but many will hail this just to always support govt policies even when it hurts the economy.
I see comments like 'Good one, let Nigeria n companies take over' Tell me how has Iberia airline been stopping interested Nigerians from operating international airlines?

It's not a crime when foreign investors come to Nigeria, they pay taxes. Remember also that we gave many Nigerians investing in other countries also, Dangote is an example. We should stop celebrating news of foreign investors leaving as if they are good news. Foreign investors don't stop interested Nigerians. Intact, the more the merrier, there will be healthy competitions when there are many investors, both local and int'l, prices will drop, there will not be a monopoly, unlike when there will be few investors when others are leaving Naija.
My brother sometimes i just can't help but wonder at the mindset of people...................... Reminds me of a book title I saw "Slaves That Love Their Chains"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by Hillzy(m): 8:52am On Apr 21, 2016
just2endowed:

tongue could this be a zombie
No it an ipod yoot, Idoit
Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by jayriginal: 8:53am On Apr 21, 2016
Edelweiss44:

Ogbeni will you stop making a mockery of yourself there?? At your age you still can't tell yourself the simple truth! So it's PDP that caused this fuel scarcity? Your Minister of Power, Fashola while still in the opposition as Lagos State Governor once said that any serious Government would fix the power situation in the country within six months.........but now, his Government has been in power for almost 1year and yet nothing to show for it except blaming Jonathan and PDP.

Obasanjo came in when the price of oil was less than $20 per barrel, and he did not complain, he did not owe salaries, he had access to far less revenue than Buhari currently has with oil at over $30 per barrel, yet Obasanjo did not try blaming past leaders for any inability to fix things. Tell your President to quit blaming PDP and start fixing the economy, which is what he was voted to do!!

You're the one making a mockery of yourself. When Obasanjo came in, the oil price was stable. He didn't come at a time when it crashed. Obasanjo even later experienced an oil boom and he must have thought he was in heaven then. Your hero GEJ presided at a period when oil prices were through the roof and what happened.

Leave politics,sentiments and whatever. Tell yourself the truth.
Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by jayriginal: 8:55am On Apr 21, 2016
robinsoncrosoe:
stop spewing trash.there is a difference btw pdp mismanagement and apc wrong polices.what we are experiencing now is due to apc's wrong polices.they don't know what to do with govt.they are confused.pls leave pdp out of this.APC is in power nw and they shd take the blame for what is happening now

I didn't bring PDP into this. The person I quoted was the one who said PDPs 16 year legacy was being destroyed.

It wouldn't hurt you to understand what you are responding to before you type.
Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by jayriginal: 8:56am On Apr 21, 2016
kunlej2:

are you not tired of repeating same thing over and over?
to add meaning, start stammering.

Keep moving.
Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by dacovajnr: 8:58am On Apr 21, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
RIP...English
grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

First Bank Uses The Popular Street Slang "Shomoagemini" In Lastst Advert / Top Lucrative Fiverr Gigs You Should Sell In 2018 / How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.