Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,234 members, 7,815,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria (25203 Views)

CBN Amends New Forex Policy Over Controversy / Forex Policy: IMF Lauds CBN, Naira Appreciates / CBN Forex Policy Irreversible — Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by emi14: 7:37am On Apr 21, 2016
dexterinc2003:
this iberia name sef,i dont think many of us know them oh.

Iberia is Spanish airline. One of the first class airline that have been in Nigeria since the opening ceremony of MMA. They are well known.

3 Likes

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by Infinitikoncept(m): 7:38am On Apr 21, 2016
neocortex:
Buharis body language, corrupt airline flee Nigeria - Lai Mohammed
Lols
Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by Toks2008(m): 7:38am On Apr 21, 2016
If there is one policy the cenral bank got woefully wrong...itt is the fx policy.

Buhari is hell bent on fighing corruption to the detriment of the economy.

Yet the banks and same cbn are bebefitting criminally from the same crazy policy and money transfer has become a herculean task.

The mos unfortunate thing is that hese same corrupt looters are wiser than the fed govt in that they have deliberately left billions of dollars in their accounts till buhari leaves even if it takes 8yrs so of what use is the fx policy?

To send western union or money gram each bank branch has a limit of 250knaira a day and an individual can only send max of 250k in tthree months.

You go tru hell to process form A for your children education and if you are going for med treatment you should not even bother with form A but parallel market...how crazy and sad.

Worst still,our banking institutions have criminally parleyed with the cbn to siphon us in that they pay you naira for MG or western union transfer at bank rate but will send for you at 260 or 270naira if you are ever lucky to send it.

Buhari should sit his ass down witth the cbn governor to have a rethink over this fx policy.

The yuan agreement as good as they claim will be beneficial to few Niherians involves in china or japan businesses.

Enough of this madness.

5 Likes

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by sholay2011(m): 7:39am On Apr 21, 2016
jayriginal:

Did you really say this?

My goodness!

In reality what you are seeing is the effect of 16 years of PDP misrule and devastation. We had years of plenty and we didn't prepare. How do you expect us to fare in the years of famine?

Nigerians want short term solutions and that is what got us in this sad situation. That is why our politicians are able to hoodwink us and rob us of our heritage. They dine fat on our wealth and throw crumbs at us because we don't demand for better. We live for today, not for tomorrow.

We need change, but it must start from the mind first. That's the most important change.
Thank God there are still people with brains on NL. Well-said.
Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by Saintp(m): 7:40am On Apr 21, 2016
ironheart:
good move CBN, they make millions, pays NIGERIANS chips and takes the bulk of the proceeds to their country. no investment. Arik Air should take the slot or Air Peace. this is the kind of reforms Nigeria needs. At this point in the life of Nigeria can we know the true friends who wish to invest and develop our nation.

Capitalism does not know friends, they know one thing"Profit". For ex, if Dangote who has businesses in other countries feel threatened by thier govt policies, he will pull out. You guys should look at things from broad perspective. There is no sentiment in business. Have you run a business before?

4 Likes

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by robinsoncrosoe: 7:40am On Apr 21, 2016
jayriginal:

Did you really say this?

My goodness!

In reality what you are seeing is the effect of 16 years of PDP misrule and devastation. We had years of plenty and we didn't prepare. How do you expect us to fare in the years of famine?

Nigerians want short term solutions and that is what got us in this sad situation. That is why our politicians are able to hoodwink us and rob us of our heritage. They dine fat on our wealth and throw crumbs at us because we don't demand for better. We live for today, not for tomorrow.

We need change, but it must start from the mind first. That's the most important change.
stop spewing trash.there is a difference btw pdp mismanagement and apc wrong polices.what we are experiencing now is due to apc's wrong polices.they don't know what to do with govt.they are confused.pls leave pdp out of this.APC is in power nw and they shd take the blame for what is happening now

6 Likes

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by AdeniyiA(m): 7:43am On Apr 21, 2016
Opportunity for indigenous carriers to take over...
Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by AdeniyiA(m): 7:43am On Apr 21, 2016
Pidggin:
This is what you call destruction reconstruction of our economy. What it took PDP to build destroy for 16 years is being destroyed reformed by gutter sensible economics.
fixed!
Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:45am On Apr 21, 2016
Jirate:
By the time other Airlines join suit, how will Aisha Buhari be traveling to London for her Lectures every Morning? O boy Problem dey O…….. cool cool

Hmmmm

Imagine

1 Like

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:47am On Apr 21, 2016
Pidggin:
This is what you call destruction of our economy. What it took PDP to build for 16 years is being destroyed by gutter economics.

Who is this?

Please, are you speaking with your leg or brain?
Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by rusher14: 7:50am On Apr 21, 2016
Perhaps the worst airline in the world.

Flight from Lagos to Madrid would convince you.

Passengers packed like sardines in a tin.

No in-flight entertainment.

Only advantage is the fine lady next to you not only has to cosy to you, she also has to talk to you.

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by Oliviaxx(f): 7:54am On Apr 21, 2016
ifenes:

I'm not even based in Nigeria. But I know change when I see one. For new things to happen,old ones needs to go. You cannot have Forigner taking over your trade system. Buhari is doing the right thing however painful it may be. It is called Sacrfies for the next generation.

You are not based in Nigeria so really, you cant make these decisions for us.if only you know how difficult things have become these past few months,u wouldn't call it sacrifice....oh,thank God you said 'sacrfies' not 'sacrifice'

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by 6digitscomrade: 7:54am On Apr 21, 2016
SORRY 4U CUZ UR BRAIN IS STILL TUNED TO CANOE AND KEKE NAPEP DAYS..SMH...DIS WHO E EPP IS BECOMING ANNOYING IS NO LONGER AMUSING..PEOPLE TALKING SZRLY IF U GAT NOTHING IMPORTANT TO ADD WHY NOT JUST MOP UP?
babyfaceafrica:
Nothing they happen....who iberia help?......

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by Nobody: 7:56am On Apr 21, 2016
Let them go, we dont need to fund other economies at our expense.

You guys are so ignorant, are so ignorant, these guys repatriate their monies using our foreign reserves, how is that a good thing for us.

Ask the Nigerians living in spain if they have such freedoms to repatriate their own hard earn monies to naija, they have to us western union and money gram.

We have other airlines let them go. angry

1 Like

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by shuggah(m): 7:57am On Apr 21, 2016
Hillzy:
Iberia, d reason dey left for self is just be'cos of greed, they came to the country to work n at d end return all their proceeding dey make back to their country for development n where dey made d money frm nothing to show for it. Make dem go greed pple, another pple go come. Make CBN tighten d forex policy more self so dat all those greed goat go leave, make beta pple com
let me ask u a question: u go to The USA and work then after paying ur tax,is there any wrong in sending the money back to Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by jimi4us: 7:58am On Apr 21, 2016
Hillzy:
Iberia, d reason dey left for self is just be'cos of greed, they came to the country to work n at d end return all their proceeding dey make back to their country for development n where dey made d money frm nothing to show for it. Make dem go greed pple, another pple go come. Make CBN tighten d forex policy more self so dat all those greed goat go leave, make beta pple com
e be like sey you just manage buy symbian Nokia phone. If you go Ghana go invest N5b and the government tell you sey you no fit send your profit to your country, how you go feel. And who be the nxt people wey go come when them know sey their money go trap for Africa. Think zombie think. Just try

4 Likes

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by Nobody: 8:00am On Apr 21, 2016
I just lost my job because the company is cutting cost,and some one is telling me this government is putting policies that will yield benefits on a long term,but I would like to know if that includes people starving to death before we see the long term benefits,because they are obviously not aware of how bad things are going on the streets from staring down from the windows of their glass houses

4 Likes

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by jimi4us: 8:00am On Apr 21, 2016
rusher14:
Perhaps the worst airline in the world.

Flight from Lagos to Madrid would convince you.

Passengers packed like sardines in a tin.

No in-flight entertainment.

Only advantage is the fine lady next to you not only has to cosy to you, she also has to talk to you.

na film you dey explain, abi na real life experience you dey claim?

1 Like

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by bjbukzy(m): 8:01am On Apr 21, 2016
tafrica:
Just watch as 'ultimate defenders' will invade this thread and call this development a good one, they will call all these international airlines thieves for complaining about the difficulty in converting their profits to dollars. Hailers will say 'let them go, we don't need them' as if a nation can grow in isolation. How will our economy grow when foreign investors aren't coming and the few ones we have are leaving? The implication of this development;
1. Job loss for the workers.
2. The remaining airlines will probably inflate their prices.
3. This decision may force others follow same path.
4. News like this further discourages foreign investors from coming to Nigeria.

Which foreign investors will come to Nigeria when you know you can't convert your profits to dollars?

I'm still battling to know how any news of foreign investors leaving our shore is a good news, but many will hail this just to always support govt policies even when it hurts the economy.

Bro chill! China underwent this process som yrs ago by practically closing all it sectors of economy to the outside world.
with this policy, investors from nigeria can invest in this sector without the fear that another carrier with unlimited capital base can run it out of business (and charge us drastically after) and also govt will be able to generate revenue from it.
Nigerians pays for this flight and all the money is taken to anither country....

Educate me where u think i am wrong.
Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by kunlej2: 8:01am On Apr 21, 2016
jayriginal:

Did you really say this?

My goodness!

are you not tired of repeating same thing over and over?
to add meaning, start stammering.

3 Likes

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by ifenes(m): 8:02am On Apr 21, 2016
Oliviaxx:

You are not based in Nigeria so really, you cant make these decisions for us.if only you know how difficult things have become these past few months,u wouldn't call it sacrifice....oh,thank God you said 'sacrfies' not 'sacrifice'

And typing the correct English has helped? I visit Nigeria frequently and follow the politics. You think you guys are the only country going through hard times ?
Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by rusher14: 8:04am On Apr 21, 2016
jimi4us:
na film you dey explain, abi na real life experience you dey claim?

Have you flown Lagos to Madrid before using Iberia?
Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by 6digitscomrade: 8:04am On Apr 21, 2016
well said apparently he is lieing..iberia airlines created jobs in their own little quota..added to our revenue..and is one of if not the cheapest airline from europe to africa...if they pull out of nja..then travelling cost for us here will av to increase..so the hardship becomes transcontinental as it were...huh
Oliviaxx:

olivia is this your real name or an alias sort of?if it is then u gat me cracking the bleep outta my mind...am sure you will wanna know why am still laughing hahahahaha
Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by vislabraye(m): 8:12am On Apr 21, 2016
tafrica:
Just watch as 'ultimate defenders' will invade this thread and call this development a good one, they will call all these international airlines thieves for complaining about the difficulty in converting their profits to dollars. Hailers will say 'let them go, we don't need them' as if a nation can grow in isolation. How will our economy grow when foreign investors aren't coming and the few ones we have are leaving? The implication of this development;
1. Job loss for the workers.
2. The remaining airlines will probably inflate their prices.
3. This decision may force others follow same path.
4. News like this further discourages foreign investors from coming to Nigeria.

Which foreign investors will come to Nigeria when you know you can't convert your profits to dollars?

I'm still battling to know how any news of foreign investors leaving our shore is a good news, but many will hail this just to always support govt policies even when it hurts the economy.

I taya for some Nlabders oh . Dey don loose their objectivity. They have reduced the bar so much for their small god. They don't see reason again. Even a first class economist will prefer to leave his brain at home when he's commenting on anything that has to do with Buhari.
Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by IVORY2009(m): 8:13am On Apr 21, 2016
More job loss to the people of Nigeria, wat a shame!!! shocked

2 Likes

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by Checked86: 8:13am On Apr 21, 2016
Even people that do not know where the economy is being headed will come here and say trash. With time you will not have anything to defend. We go around the world seeking for foreign investors but the foreign investors operating already in our country are fleeing. I am just watching. I enjoin the CBN and other agencies that handle monetary policies to check other ways of helping Naira without making it so rigid. For any country, especially developing country to do well, foreign investment is very important. You can't just ignore that. No foreign investors are coming to help you, they come when they see they have something to gain but no matter their intention, the host country always gain more.

7 Likes

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by vislabraye(m): 8:13am On Apr 21, 2016
6digitscomrade:
well said apparently he is lieing..iberia airlines created jobs in their own little quota..added to our revenue..and is one of if not the cheapest airline from europe to africa...if they pull out of nja..then travelling cost for us here will av to increase..so the hardship becomes transcontinental as it were...huholivia is this your real name or an alias sort of?if it is then u gat me cracking the bleep outta my mind...am sure you will wanna know why am still laughing hahahahaha

People will always be zombies...

1 Like

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by just2endowed: 8:16am On Apr 21, 2016
Hillzy:

tongue could this be a zombie

1 Like

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by gurunlocker: 8:16am On Apr 21, 2016
You won't see passingshot in this kind of thread, but if it's other way round, na first page he go siddon

1 Like

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by rallymento(m): 8:16am On Apr 21, 2016
TPAND:
Investors leaving
Jobs cut
Gala size don reduce
Salaries cut
Garri don go up
House rent don go up
Feul is apparently not subsidized N150
Transport fare don add extra 100 naira
Local companies are declaring bankruptcy
Vibrant startups are struggling and winding up
Companies have comprised quality standards to stay afloat.

Nigeria must be paying for the sin of whole world.

This change no be wetin we vote for

That Gala thing vex me ehh... As I be professional Gala eater... I don port to super bite sha...

2 Likes

Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by Oliviaxx(f): 8:17am On Apr 21, 2016
6digitscomrade:
well said apparently he is lieing..iberia airlines created jobs in their own little quota..added to our revenue..and is one of if not the cheapest airline from europe to africa...if they pull out of nja..then travelling cost for us here will av to increase..so the hardship becomes transcontinental as it were...huholivia is this your real name or an alias sort of?if it is then u gat me cracking the bleep outta my mind...am sure you will wanna know why am still laughing hahahahaha

No..actually I dont.please tell me sir
Re: Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria by NavierStokes(m): 8:18am On Apr 21, 2016
musicwriter:
We know how the IMF and world bank works, so you all shouldn't be scared.

If you investigate that Iberia airline, you'll discover it belongs to a network of companies controlled by the IMF and world bank. So, their game is usually to make coordinated withdrawal of investments to evoke panic.

I said all these before.

Their next move would be to tighten the noose on Nigeria, until the masses go on to the street to protest against the government. Then, they'll say ''I told you so''. And they'll start funding a stooge political party to over-throw the head of state of their target prey-this time it's Nigeria, unfortunately.

They'll never rest until they worsen the economic crisis in Nigeria.

Buhari have to be strong and never show any sign of surrender, when they get the message they'll back out.

My friend, no body (IMF) is worsening anything, all your predictions are things that will be bound to happen at the rate this government is going, no one is inviting the populace against the government rather her policies biting hard into the skin of the people will be returned with a backlash.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV / Top Lucrative Fiverr Gigs You Should Sell In 2018 / Gtbank: A Few Questions About Wire Transfer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.