Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,753 members, 7,851,585 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:30 PM

'any Christian Indulging In These Listed Sins Is Already On His/her Way To Hell' - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 'any Christian Indulging In These Listed Sins Is Already On His/her Way To Hell' (47430 Views)

Opinion!!!!! Any Christian That Goes To Work On Sundays Will Not Make Heaven.... / Lady Says She Woke Up On Her Way To The Mortuary After Being Declared Dead. PICS / "80-Year-Old 'Witch' Trapped On Electric Pole On Her Way Back" - Online User (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'any Christian Indulging In These Listed Sins Is Already On His/her Way To Hell' by ojeyi(m): 7:50am On Apr 22, 2016
promise101:

WHO TOLD YOU THAT?

Don't judge by their actions, but by the word of God.

The bible says CURSE IS ON EVERONE WHO LIVES BY THE LAW, for the person can not continue not in everything written in it.

I am not cursing them, but the scripture says that they are cursed if they do not continue in all things contained in the law. And the law is 10 commandments and 600+ laws, which jesus all abolished!

That's why Jesus was made curse for us, who have surrendered that we cannot keep it. So that his righteousness will be declared in us with no works.

Galatians 3:10-14;"For all who RELY on the works of the law ARE UNDER A CURSE , as it is written: “Cursed is everyone who DOES NOT CONTINUE TO DO EVERYTHING written in the Book of the Law.” Clearly NO ONE WHO RELIES ON THE LAW is justified before God, because “THE RIGHTEOUS WILL LIVE BY FAITH.” The LAW IS NOT BASED ON FAITH; on the contrary, it says, “The person who does these things will live by them.” Christ REDEEMED US FROM THE CURSE OF THE LAW by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.” He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by FAITH(not works of righteousness) we might receive the PROMISE OF THE SPIRIT."

My friend, that they live by law, makes them accursed by the scriptures, I am sorry to say so.

That same law that says women should not were what pertaineth to a man, that is against building of staircase, using balcony to build houses, the same law is against wearing clothes of diverse sorts and colours, the same law is against eating fishes withe scale and many of them.

And remember the law says that if you fail one you have failed the whole law. And this deeper life people cannot deny the fact that they are guilty of content of the law. Because, though their women don't wear trouser, but they wear clothes of diverse sorts and colors, eat fishes with scale, build staircases in houses and many of them. And it makes no difference, that's why if you live by it after christ has been made the curse of the law for us, you will accursed for it.

That's the simple truth!

Sorry please summarize!..I don't understand the long grammar.
Re: 'any Christian Indulging In These Listed Sins Is Already On His/her Way To Hell' by samsam2019: 10:09am On Apr 22, 2016
Etizz:

Which religion worship the Eledumare?
the religion of our fathers and forefathers

The religion we practised before the Europeans came to force you people into christianity and brainwashed y'all into thinking the religion of our father is evil
Re: 'any Christian Indulging In These Listed Sins Is Already On His/her Way To Hell' by samsam2019: 10:12am On Apr 22, 2016
ojeyi:

Ehen!..so there's a fake God throwing people into Lake of fire or what?
there's no hell anywhere. It's just scaremongering to scare people into their fake religion.

When you open your inner eyes, earth and mind you'll realise you have been lied to your whole life

There's no hell and the christian god is fake
Re: 'any Christian Indulging In These Listed Sins Is Already On His/her Way To Hell' by promise101: 10:44am On Apr 22, 2016
Nusaf:

Pls this is not a court case where u can manipulate ur way and come out victorious. This is about ur religion which must be handled with utmost sincerity.
If u like, u can indulge in all the listed practices because 'sinless perfection is not the criterion to heaven'. The OP may himself be guilty of some but he has done his own part of educating u and as such u can't claim ignorance on the day of atonement. As I have said, the fact that I am guilty of some of the listed practices is never a reason for me to condemn it thereby discouraging others who might be able to comply.
Oh sorry, you are a muslim. I thought you are a christian, because it is a christian op.

But to understand the falsehood with the op, you have to know about Jesus and his finished work.

Thank you
Re: 'any Christian Indulging In These Listed Sins Is Already On His/her Way To Hell' by promise101: 10:51am On Apr 22, 2016
Amberon11:
I never told you I was perfect.

Why did Jesus ask the rich man to go and sell all his possession and give to the poor?

No unclean being will enter the presence of God.
not fornicators, not idolaters, not adulterers, not thieves.

In the case of that thief, Jesus made an exception because he is God. And his word says he will show mercy to whom he will show mercy.
You just acted LIKE an anti-christic liar!
I didn't call you that, I said you acted like.

Okay, you know you are never perfect, and never will you be perfect. You know that, but why are you preaching sinless perfection=eternal life? And as well, you know that you are guilty of what you are preaching, and making people to live in FEAR, SELF CONDEMNATION, SIN CONSCIOUSNESS, IGNORANCE OF JESUS, who has been made righteousness, justification to us.
Re: 'any Christian Indulging In These Listed Sins Is Already On His/her Way To Hell' by promise101: 11:03am On Apr 22, 2016
Amberon11:

Why did Jesus ask the rich man to go and sell all his possession and give to the poor?

In the case of that thief, Jesus made an exception because he is God. And his word says he will show mercy to whom he will show mercy.

Please, are you clean because you don't fornicate, lie or still?

My friend, you are not clean because you stoped lying, you are still pointing to the LAW OF RIGHT LIVING. Very heretic!

We are made clean because we have been justified by the BLOOD of Jesus. Our eternal sins has been punished on christ, in exchange for ETERNAL SALVATION, and our eternal sins that was forgiven at the cross shall God remember NO MORE. He will remember our sins no more, NOT because we live rightly, BUT because jesus has nailed on the cross, the enmity(sin) between man and God by dying in our place. Taking the death we deserve.

So God, cannot punish us for the sins he punished christ for. If otherwise, then christ death is in vain, and christ is not a sacrifice for sin but MURDERED by God.
Re: 'any Christian Indulging In These Listed Sins Is Already On His/her Way To Hell' by promise101: 11:04am On Apr 22, 2016
Amberon11:

Re: 'any Christian Indulging In These Listed Sins Is Already On His/her Way To Hell' by promise101: 11:20am On Apr 22, 2016
Amberon11:

Your are very funnyoooo!

Please put up facts on this, so I can explain what happened there; "Why did Jesus ask the rich man to go and sell all his possession and give to the poor? "

"In the case of that thief, Jesus made an exception because he is God. And his word says he will show mercy to whom he will show mercy."

The above comment of yours is so heretic, anti-christic, dumb and unfound!

The place you quoted is even a prophecy that will come to pass in the NT generation, which happened at the cross.

The problem with you is that you read the NT with the OT mentality, instead of reading the OT with the NT mentality. OT is the the type and shadows of Jesus while NT is the unveiling of the substance, jesus. If you don't understand the substance you WILL NEVER understand the shadows.

And with that you will always be unstable in the knowledge of the scriptures.

THROUGH THE BLOOD OF JESUS SHED AT THE CROSS, GOD HAS DECIDED TO SHOW ALL MERCY WHO SHALL BELIEVE IN THE FINISHED WORK- the grace of god!!!

There is not exception my friend. God is not a partial God, he is NO respecter of anybody!

Jesus DID NOT make any exception on that, the thief was CLEARLY counted righteous BY FAITH ALONE, stop trying to twist the bible to fit you.
Re: 'any Christian Indulging In These Listed Sins Is Already On His/her Way To Hell' by promise101: 11:29am On Apr 22, 2016
Nusaf:

Judging by what u preach, I have been tempted to tag u an agent of darkness cos rather than encouraging pius life, u seem to discourage it, just under the excuse that Jesus Christ died for our sins, very unfortunate. What, for God's sake, gives u the impression that u will enter the Kingdom of God having consciously and knowingly disobey His Commandments. Even if u disregard it, where is this ur justification coming from. Pls stop misleading gullible minds.
My friend, I am not an agent of the devil. I am preaching to the praise of the cross which save humanity, eternity unto eternity.

For if we are justified by orw works of righteousness, then christ's death is in vain, that what the bible says.

And in Gal 3:10 says that CURSE IS ON EVERYONE who rely on right living(works of righteousness). People are under the curse of the law whenever they try to keep, because they will always fail!

Galatians 3:10-14;"For all who RELY on the works
of the law ARE UNDER A CURSE , as it is written:
“Cursed is everyone who DOES NOT CONTINUE TO
DO EVERYTHING written in the Book of the Law.”
Clearly NO ONE WHO RELIES ON THE LAW is
justified before God, because “THE RIGHTEOUS
WILL LIVE BY FAITH.” The LAW IS NOT BASED ON
FAITH; on the contrary, it says, “The person who
does these things will live by them.” Christ
REDEEMED US FROM THE CURSE OF THE LAW by
becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed
is everyone who is hung on a pole.” He redeemed
us in order that the blessing given to Abraham
might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus,
so that by FAITH(not works of righteousness) we
might receive the PROMISE OF THE SPIRIT."
Re: 'any Christian Indulging In These Listed Sins Is Already On His/her Way To Hell' by promise101: 11:37am On Apr 22, 2016
Amberon11:

Please, will the rich man go to heaven because he gave all to the poor? NO! But because he believed in Jesus.

Can you show me, A SINGLE SOUL in the scripture who lived under sinless perfection and was justified by right living? You can NEVER find that!

But I can list out people who though they didn't live rightly but was counted unto righteousness by faith.
Re: 'any Christian Indulging In These Listed Sins Is Already On His/her Way To Hell' by promise101: 11:44am On Apr 22, 2016
Julietcutie:

true talk
My friend, don't just risk your life that way!

The law of right living has been, for more than 2000yrs before Jesus, but still couldn't save, rather it has only done the worse by bring more eternal condemnation to humanity.

But, now as paul said in Rom 2, that the righteousness of God(Jesus) which is without law of right living has manifested. For if we are justified by the works of righteousness, then shall no man be justified. Therefore, making christ's death a vain.

Jesus, the grace of God, is the righteousness of God and not right living which is NOT of faith. Gal 3:10-14
Re: 'any Christian Indulging In These Listed Sins Is Already On His/her Way To Hell' by promise101: 11:59am On Apr 22, 2016
folks4luv:

u felt like giving me a 50 liter of fuel u mean? lol. that's it o. these kinda post is d reason d number of atheists is growing by the day. people are getting confused by these doctrines cause they are making God out a lie. it is well with us.
Lol, I think I will give some e-gallons of fuel.

You can never believe the way I cry for these atheists. It really strikes my heart, but thank God that many of them are returning back by the Gospel of Jesus- the grace of God.

Mosiac and elijaic pastors are the cause of this!

Exactly, and you have to note that, any gospel that doesn't make a relevance to the cross, must be demonic.

That's how I switched on my TV the other day, I saw a pastor turning the church into a seminar ground, in a church service, preaching "10 ways of prosperity".

If I have to go through 10 ways to prosper, then it I would say, "To hell with the cross!", but that's false.

There is no 10 ways, but one way; and the way is Jesus. In john14; jesus said "I am the WAY, the truth and the life..."

1 Like

Re: 'any Christian Indulging In These Listed Sins Is Already On His/her Way To Hell' by promise101: 12:01pm On Apr 22, 2016
distilledwalex:

Bros.. We dey d same page o.. I still play PS2.. Wetin we go do Na.
Please, don't let the OP remove your eyes from Jesus, the righteousness of God, which is of faith.

If is it of right living then it is no more of grace(faith)
Gal 3:10-14

1 Like

Re: 'any Christian Indulging In These Listed Sins Is Already On His/her Way To Hell' by promise101: 12:05pm On Apr 22, 2016
Talk2nanro:
You are a demon, shut ur blasphemous mouth
Please, you are not the first person to insult and blaspheme me for this message of the cross, and you will never be the last.

But, to know your point, please can you explain the salvation way which is of faith?

Can you prove the message of the cross, which I have posted here, a message of demon?

Please, I want to know what exactly you mean.
Re: 'any Christian Indulging In These Listed Sins Is Already On His/her Way To Hell' by promise101: 12:08pm On Apr 22, 2016
enshi:
Well... Truth be told all he said is the bitter truth... Asides footballing. Mayb he meant gambling with football... Thanks for the remindal My friend i am really touched.... Deleting some songs and videos already.... God help me on the boy friend girl friend part.... Wont want to miss heaven for anything
If you like do anything you want to do, but WITHOUT FAITH IN THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD(jesus) you can never be justified.

If you rely by your works, you be cursed, says the scriptures.

Galatians 3:10-14;"For all who RELY on the works
of the law ARE UNDER A CURSE , as it is written:
“Cursed is everyone who DOES NOT CONTINUE TO
DO EVERYTHING written in the Book of the Law.”
Clearly NO ONE WHO RELIES ON THE LAW is
justified before God, because “THE RIGHTEOUS
WILL LIVE BY FAITH.” The LAW IS NOT BASED ON
FAITH; on the contrary, it says, “The person who
does these things will live by them.” Christ
REDEEMED US FROM THE CURSE OF THE LAW by
becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed
is everyone who is hung on a pole.” He redeemed
us in order that the blessing given to Abraham
might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus,
so that by FAITH(not works of righteousness) we
might receive the PROMISE OF THE SPIRIT."
Re: 'any Christian Indulging In These Listed Sins Is Already On His/her Way To Hell' by TolaniLuv: 12:08pm On Apr 22, 2016
ojeyi:

Like Seriously!..you really want to go to hell!...please kindly grab a copy of King James!..and read about the features of Hell!..

Abegi! I'm old enough to know most people I know including me commit sin daily! I tell you , only few people I know that don't and that's because they do it codely ... We are all sinners. To make heaven is not 100%
Re: 'any Christian Indulging In These Listed Sins Is Already On His/her Way To Hell' by promise101: 12:10pm On Apr 22, 2016
KelsAltair:
So I should uninstall my favorite Brothers In Arms? ? angry
Whether you install, unistall, download or anything else, you ARE NOT justified by that, but by faith.

1 Like

Re: 'any Christian Indulging In These Listed Sins Is Already On His/her Way To Hell' by promise101: 1:46pm On Apr 22, 2016
Amberon11:
Pls point out how he condemned people!

You are not helping people, you are leading people wrongly. When Jesus rebuked the Pharisees, would you say he was condemning them? No! Jesus stood for the truth with boldness even in the face of death. That is what every christian should do.

Let me explain this to you, we are saved by grace through faith in the finished works of Christ, why? because we did nothing to merit his coming to die for us. But in other to maintain our salvation, we need to abstain from sin.

1 John 3: 6 Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him.

7 Little children , let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous , just as He is righteous. Notice that the word says "practices", not "believes", because it is an act, not a belief system. Of course it is the holy spirit that gives us the grace to practice righteousness.

8 He who sins is of the devil , for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested , that He might destroy the works of the devil. ( So how can someone who still lives in sin and is of the devil enter into the presence of the most high)

9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin , for His seed remains in him; and He cannot sin , because He has been born of God.

10 In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest: Whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God , nor is He who does not love his brother.
( So how then can one who is not of God enter heaven?

I will go through this post with questions, which you have to answer.

Why did Jesus rebuked the pharisee?

You said this; "But in other to maintain our salvation, we need to abstain from sin."

Which means we have to maintain the righteousness of God by right living,

which means that we are saved by grace, BUT WE HAVE TO LIVE BY WORKS. Very heretic!

Gal 3:"1 You FOOLISH GALATIANS! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as CRUCIFIED.
2 I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the spirit by the works of the law(law of right living), OR BY BELIEVING WHAT YOU HAVE HEARD?
3 Are you so foolish? After beginning by
means of the SPIRIT(faith), are you now trying to be made PERFECT by MEANS OF THE FLESH(right living)?
4 Have you experienced so much in vain—if it really was in vain?
5 So again I ask, does God give you his
Spirit and work miracles among you by the works
of the law, or BY YOUR BELIEVING WHAT YOU HAVE HEARD(faith)?
6 So also Abraham “BELIEVED IN GOD, AND IT WAS IMPUTED UNTO HIM FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS.”
7 Understand, then, that those who have FAITH are children of Abraham.
8 Scripture foresaw that God would justify the Gentiles BY FAITH( and not works of righteousness), and announced the gospel in advance to Abraham: “All nations will be blessed through you.”
9 So those who rely on faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith.
10 For all who rely on the works of the law(law of right living) are under a curse, as it is written: “Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.”

Before we proceed, WERE THE GALATIANS NOT SAVED BY GRACE, BUT WERE LIVING BY THE LAW OF RIGHT LIVING, WHEN HE WROTE THAT LETTER TO THEM?

Now, HOW CAN YOUR RIGHTEOUSNESS THAT WAS FILTHY TO SAVE YOU, MAINTAIN THE GIFT OF GOD?

You weren't sinless perfect before you were saved, and now that you are saved, you are still not sinless perfect. YET, you are claiming to maintain the righteousness of God, where you are not sinless perfect. My friend stop!

In Gal 2, when paul was blaming peter for what he did while they were eating with the gentiles, why did paul blame him. Why did he tell him that no man is justified by the works of righteousness. Was peter not already saved? Why did paul blame him for acting by the law of right living?

The law of right living is an unbearable yoke. (Acts 15:10)

The law of right living reveals sin but cannot fix it. (Romans 3:20)

If the law of right living worked then faith would be irrelevant. (Romans 4:14)

The law of right living brings wrath upon those who follow it. (Romans 4:15)

The purpose of the law of right living was to increase sin. (Romans 5:20)

Christians are not under the law of right living.
(Romans 6:14)

Christians have been delivered from the law of right living (Romans 7:1-6)

The law of right living is good, perfect and holy but cannot help you be good, perfect or holy BEFORE GOD.(Romans 7:7-12)

The law of right living which promises life only
brings death through sin. (Romans
7:10)

The law of right living makes you sinful beyond
measure. (Romans 7:13)

The law of right living is weak. (Romans 8:2-3)

The strength of sin is the law of right living (1
Corinthians 15:56)

The law of right living is a ministry of death. (2
Corinthians 3:7)

The law of right living is a ministry of
condemnation. (2 Corinthians 3:9)

The law of right living has no glory at all in
comparison with the New
Covenant. (2 Corinthians 3:10)

The law of right living is fading away. (2
Corinthians 3:11)

Anywhere the law of right living is preached it
produces a mind-hardening and a
heart-hardening veil. (2 Corinthians
3:14-15)

The law of right living justifies nobody. (Galatians
2:16)

Christians are dead to the law of right living.
(Galatians 2:19)

The law of right living frustrates grace. (Galatians
2:21)

To go back to the law of right living after
embracing faith is “stupid”.
(Galatians 3:1)

The law of right living curses all who practice it
and fail to do it perfectly. (Galatians
3:10)

The law of right living has nothing to do with
faith. (Galatians 3:11-12)

The law of right living was a curse that Christ
redeemed us from. (Galatians 3:13)

The law of right living functioned in God’s
purpose as a temporary covenant
from Moses till John the Baptist
announced Christ. (Galatians 3:16
& 19, also see… Matthew 11:12-13,
Luke 16:16)

If the law of right living worked God would have
used it to save us. (Galatians 3:21)

The law of right living was our prison. (Galatians
3:23)

The law makes you a slave like
Hagar. (Galatians 4:24)

Christ has abolished the law of right living which
was a wall of hostility (Ephesians
2:15)

Paul considered everything the law of right living
gained him as “skybalon” which is
Greek for “poop”. (Philippians
3:4-cool

The law of right living is only good if used in the
right context. (1 Timothy 1:cool (see
next verse for the context)
It was made for the unrighteous
but not for the righteous. (1
Timothy 1:9-10)

The law of right living is weak, useless and makes
nothing perfect. (Hebrews 7:18-19)

God has found fault with the law of right living and
created a better covenant, enacted
on better promises. (Hebrews
8:7-cool

The law of right living is obsolete, growing old and
ready to vanish. (Hebrews 8:13)

The law of right living is only a shadow of good things
to come and will never make
someone perfect. (Hebrews 10:1)

Still coming back!
Re: 'any Christian Indulging In These Listed Sins Is Already On His/her Way To Hell' by Tobyshegz(m): 2:10pm On Apr 22, 2016
Soneh:
end time pastor , with all he wrote up there i wonder if he expects people to move around in their blankets,and about hair cut if i can remember jesus christ never had a lowcut
Man, that is were you are wrong!!.
according to jewish histories, men dont keep long hairs, so all those portraits of "Jesus with long hair" is none other than human beliefs and thoughtz about him.
Jesus, has a far more lesser hair than what you think..
Re: 'any Christian Indulging In These Listed Sins Is Already On His/her Way To Hell' by Etizz: 2:32pm On Apr 22, 2016
samsam2019:
the religion of our fathers and forefathers

The religion we practised before the Europeans came to force you people into christianity and brainwashed y'all into thinking the religion of our father is evil

U are educating me but u are did not answer my question.... The religion practice before the Europeans should have a name......

Or u mean voodoo?
Re: 'any Christian Indulging In These Listed Sins Is Already On His/her Way To Hell' by ojeyi(m): 2:34pm On Apr 22, 2016
Sorry for the Long Post but try reading it. Bless you

samsam2019:
there's no hell anywhere. It's just scaremongering to scare people into their fake religion.
Friend!..whether you believe it or not!..A God 'JEHOVAH' created You and I. Just as there's punishment for those that do wrongs, Hell was initially made for the Evil one (Satan, Devil) and his agents but because the heart of men is desperately filled up with evil, God reserved that place for those that do evils alongside the wicked one too!..

Dr. Rawlings, a specialist in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease, resuscitated many people who had been clinically dead. Dr. Rawlings, a devout atheist, "considered all religion "hocus-pocus" and death nothing more than a painless extinction". But something happened in 1977 that brought a dramatic change in the life of Dr. Rawlings! He was resuscitating a man, terrified and screaming — descending down into the flames of hell:

"Each time he regained heartbeat and respiration, the patient screamed, "I am in hell!" He was terrified and pleaded with me to help him. I was scared to death. . . Then I noticed a genuinely alarmed look on his face. He had a terrified look worse than the expression seen in death! This patient had a grotesque grimace expressing sheer horror! His pupils were dilated, and he was perspiring and trembling — he looked as if his hair was "on end."
Then still another strange thing happened. He said,"Don't you understand? I am in hell. . . Don't let me go back to hell!" . . .the man was serious, and it finally occurred to me that he was indeed in trouble. He was in a panic like I had never seen before."
(Maurice Rawlings, Beyond Death's Door,(Thomas Nelson Inc., 1979) p. 3).
Dr. Rawlings said, no one, who could have heard his screams and saw the look of terror on his face could doubt for a single minute that he was actually in a place called hell!

The Bible continually warns of a place called hell.
Re: 'any Christian Indulging In These Listed Sins Is Already On His/her Way To Hell' by God2man(m): 2:44pm On Apr 22, 2016
Sunnycliff:
Bitter Truth! Its better to be over righteous and make heaven than been under righteous and land in hell!

#Godhelpme

Exactly.
Re: 'any Christian Indulging In These Listed Sins Is Already On His/her Way To Hell' by promise101: 2:51pm On Apr 22, 2016
Amberon11:

You are not helping people, you are leading people wrongly. When Jesus rebuked the Pharisees, would you say he was condemning them? No! Jesus stood for the truth with boldness even in the face of death. That is what every christian should do.

Let me explain this to you, we are saved by grace through faith in the finished works of Christ, why? because we did nothing to merit his coming to die for us. But in other to maintain our salvation, we need to abstain from sin.

1 John 3: 6 Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him.

7 Little children , let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous , just as He is righteous. Notice that the word says "practices", not "believes", because it is an act, not a belief system. Of course it is the holy spirit that gives us the grace to practice righteousness.

8 He who sins is of the devil , for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested , that He might destroy the works of the devil. ( So how can someone who still lives in sin and is of the devil enter into the presence of the most high)

9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin , for His seed remains in him; and He cannot sin , because He has been born of God.

10 In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest: Whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God , nor is He who does not love his brother.

I've asked you before, if you are sinless perfect, you said no.

I have asked you to list out people who went to heaven out of sinless perfection, but you couldn't list them out.

If the john you quoted is supporting your view, then it makes John A LIAR. But GOD FORBID!

Abraham, THE FATHER OF FAITH, committed sin, paul, peter, samson, david, the criminal at the cross, Jacob, moses, rahab, all committed sin. So by that, it means that they never abode in God, never saved and never known God. In summary, they all went to hell. So anti-christic!!!

We dip into the Ask Pastor John podcast inbox.

“Pastor John, my name is Jake from Mexico. What
does 1 John 5:18 mean?” End of question. And I’ll go ahead and read the text from the ESV: “We
know that everyone who has been born of God
does not keep on sinning, but he who was born
of God protects him, and the evil one does not
touch him.”

Pastor John what does this mean?
I am not sure what part of this verse Jake is stumbling over. There are three he could stumble over.

One could be: “Those born of God do not keep on sinning.” What does that mean?

A second would be: “He who is born of God protects them.” What does that mean?

A third would be: “The evil one does not touch him.” Whoa. Really? What does that mean?

So I am not sure which of those three he is
stumbling over, so maybe I better say a word
about each one.

And what I am thinking is maybe Jake is reading
the King James Authorized Version or the New
American Standard Version of that first clause,
because it is even more perplexing. It says: “We
know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not.”
That is the King James. Or the New American
Standard says: “We know that no one who is
born of God sins.” So I would join Jake, if I read
those, and say, “Huh. Really? Christians don’t
sin?”

That sounds truly problematical: Christians never sin.

I met a woman one time who did
believe that. She threw 1 John 5:18 and 1 John
3:9 at me. And I asked, “Well, what do you call
the bad things you do?”

And she had invented a lot of names for her sins,
like: mistakes and flaws and shortcomings and
imperfections, but she was adamant. I don’t sin.

Now the ESV is right to translate “we know that
everyone who has been born of God” — and then
it translates — “does not keep on sinning,” which
helps a little bit, maybe. First John 3:9 has the same issue: “No one born of God makes a practice of sinning for God’s seed abides in him and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God.”

Now I could pull rank with Greek here — which I
will — and then I will back up and say that is not
the key issue. The idea of the Greek present
tense [ἁμαρτάνει / ἁμαρτάνειν] which is being
used is that those who are born again, and have
the Spirit of God in them, cannot ever make
peace with sin, settle in with sin, make sin a
friend, be okay with sinning, just go on sinning
as though no war needs to be made against it,
and nothing will come of it if we do. The present
tense says: No, you can’t do that, you can’t make
a practice of sinning like that.

But if you don’t know Greek, you don’t have to
trust me at this point, because there are a couple
of other reasons why non-Greek readers know
that this text does not mean that Christians
don’t ever do anything wrong.

First John 5:16, two verses earlier: “If anyone
sees his brother” — a Christian — “committing a
sin not leading to death, he shall ask, and God
will give him life.” So he can’t mean that
Christians don’t sin, because he just gave
instruction for how to help Christians who do sin.

The same thing is true in 1 John 1:8–10. “If we
say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and
the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is
faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say we
have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his
word is not in us.”

So in the meaning of 1 John 5:18, I think here in
the context, the first and obvious meaning would
be: The one who is born of God does not sin unto
death; that is, we don’t make peace with sin,
settle into a pattern of sinning that will destroy
us in the end, prove that we are not truly born of
God and are not truly Christians. Christians walk
in the light and, according to 1 John 1:8–10,
walking in the light is not sinlessness.

It is walking in a way that you have eyes to see in the light the ugliness of what you just did and you
are sorry for it. You confess it. You keep short
accounts with God and you move on. So I think
“does not sin” means (1) doesn’t commit the sin
unto death and (2) doesn’t settle into a pattern
of sinning that proves you have no spiritual life
in you.

Second issue: “He who is born of God protects
him.” I think that means that Christ — who is
called the one born of God, the only begotten of
God, the eternally virgin born Spirit, but born by
the Spirit Son of God, Christ — guards us from
the devil. He intercedes for us and he is with us
to the end of the age helping us. And his blood
covers us and keeps us safe from Satan’s
accusations because none of them can hold,
because Christ has died for us.

Third issue: “The evil one does not touch him.”
The devil’s accusations and temptations and
harassments can hurt us terribly, but they can
never destroy us. There is no deadly touch. There
is no poisonous bite. His fangs were removed at
the cross, and his lethal poison is taken away
from believers. He cannot destroy us.

So I take “cannot touch us” to mean can’t touch
us with any deadly touch. He can hurt us terribly.
I don’t want to minimize Satan’s realty in this
world. He can throw us in prison and he can
move others to kill us, according to Revelation
2:10, but he can’t hurt us ultimately. He can’t
touch us with the touch of destruction and
damnation.

That has been taken out of his hand by the blood of Jesus. Jesus did that when he died on the cross according to Colossians 2:15. He disarmed the principalities and powers when he died and shed his blood.

So the only begotten of God is, indeed, our
perfect and everlasting protector.

WE ARE SAVED!
Re: 'any Christian Indulging In These Listed Sins Is Already On His/her Way To Hell' by ojeyi(m): 2:54pm On Apr 22, 2016
TolaniLuv:

Abegi! I'm old enough to know most people I know including me commit sin daily! I tell you , only few people I know that don't and that's because they do it codely ... We are all sinners. To make heaven is not 100%

Yes you right!..Even God saw the wickedness of man that its great in the earth and the imagination of the thoughts of his heart is only evil continually!.. That's why he sent his Son for our redemption!..all have sinned and we've all come short of the glory of God but Now we are being justified freely by God's grace through the redemption that is in Jesus Christ. Bruv when you accept Jesus into your Life, there's that change, you will feel it, that nature, that thing that draws you to sin would be destroy!..try him and testify. Bless you

1 Like

Re: 'any Christian Indulging In These Listed Sins Is Already On His/her Way To Hell' by samsam2019: 2:54pm On Apr 22, 2016
Etizz:

U are educating me but u are did not answer my question.... The religion practice before the Europeans should have a name......

Or u mean voodoo?
we connect to Eledumare through different means

Yours could be through Ifa or Obatala. We don't pack ourselves in one place calling on to a fake god in the name of being a Christian

And talking about voodoo, your pastors can give you answers about it cos that's what they practice
Re: 'any Christian Indulging In These Listed Sins Is Already On His/her Way To Hell' by samsam2019: 2:57pm On Apr 22, 2016
ojeyi:
Sorry for the Long Post but try reading it. Bless you

Friend!..whether you believe it or not!..A God 'JEHOVAH' created You and I. Just as there's punishment for those that do wrongs, Hell was initially made for the Evil one (Satan, Devil) and his agents but because the heart of men is desperately filled up with evil, God reserved that place for those that do evils alongside the wicked one too!..

Dr. Rawlings, a specialist in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease, resuscitated many people who had been clinically dead. Dr. Rawlings, a devout atheist, "considered all religion "hocus-pocus" and death nothing more than a painless extinction". But something happened in 1977 that brought a dramatic change in the life of Dr. Rawlings! He was resuscitating a man, terrified and screaming — descending down into the flames of hell:

"Each time he regained heartbeat and respiration, the patient screamed, "I am in hell!" He was terrified and pleaded with me to help him. I was scared to death. . . Then I noticed a genuinely alarmed look on his face. He had a terrified look worse than the expression seen in death! This patient had a grotesque grimace expressing sheer horror! His pupils were dilated, and he was perspiring and trembling — he looked as if his hair was "on end."
Then still another strange thing happened. He said,"Don't you understand? I am in hell. . . Don't let me go back to hell!" . . .the man was serious, and it finally occurred to me that he was indeed in trouble. He was in a panic like I had never seen before."
(Maurice Rawlings, Beyond Death's Door,(Thomas Nelson Inc., 1979) p. 3).
Dr. Rawlings said, no one, who could have heard his screams and saw the look of terror on his face could doubt for a single minute that he was actually in a place called hell!

The Bible continually warns of a place called hell.

leave your story for the evening birds and give me a proof there is indeed a hell somewhere

And if according to you there's hell, why do you still consider your wicked god a good god?

Never seen a good man who will burn a man for eternity
Re: 'any Christian Indulging In These Listed Sins Is Already On His/her Way To Hell' by ojeyi(m): 3:24pm On Apr 22, 2016
samsam2019:
leave your story for the evening birds and give me a proof there is indeed a hell somewhere

And if according to you there's hell, why do you still consider your wicked god a good god?

Never seen a good man who will burn a man for eternity

Well!..I gave you a story to read. Lemme paste the full link try to check it out.. http://www.av1611.org/hell.html

God is good!..He's loving and very compassionate indeed!..He also has the attributes of LongSuffering but the wickedness of man and our transgressions caused it bruv!.. God has no pleasure in the death of him that dieth that is why He wants everyone to turn from all our evils!.. #TrustFullyInTheSaviour'sPower!.
Re: 'any Christian Indulging In These Listed Sins Is Already On His/her Way To Hell' by promise101: 5:38pm On Apr 22, 2016
Amberon11:

You said this; "Notice that the word says "practices", not "believes", because it is an act, not a belief system. Of course it is the holy spirit that gives us the grace to practice righteousness."

THE ABOVE COMMENT SHOWS YOU ARE AN ANTI-CHRIST! I am sorry, I must say that!

Our righteousness BEFORE MEN which is of WORKS OF THE LAW is an established righteousness and that is all about PRACTICE. But before God is all about faith and not practices.
Rom 10:3-4;"3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness(Jesus), and going about to establish their own right living(WORKS), have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God(FAITH). 4 For Christ is the END of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth(NOT WORKS)."

JOHN WAS NOT TALKING ABOUT SINLESS PERFECTION! Becasuse, the same john said that if we sin, we should know that we are forgiven.

You are trying to say that we are not justified BY FAITH. And that is an anti-christic view.

PLEASE, WHY ARE YOU FRUSTRATING JESUS, the grace of God, AND THE CROSS?

YOU ARE A LIAR, HOLYSPIRIT DOES NOT HELP YOU TO LIVE BY THE ABOLISHED LAW(right livng)!!!!!

Stop spreading falsehood!

So people who live rightly, yet not christians, are empowered by the holyspirit? WHAT A LIE!!!!

Why are you just pleased with spreading falsehood!

Trying to impose the gospel of the heretic sinless perfection on people, where you clearly know you are guilty of it!

Finally, I will always prove you wrong!!!!

Rom 3:28:"Therefore, we CONCLUDE, that a man is MADE RIGHTEOUS(justified) BY FAITH, WITHOUT THE DEED OF THE LAW"

1. Galatians 2:21 I do not treat the grace of God as meaningless. For if keeping the law could make us right with God, then there was no need for Christ to die .

2. Romans 3:27-28 Where, then, is boasting? It is
excluded. Because of what law? The law that requires works? No, because of the law that
requires faith. For we maintain that a person is
justified by faith apart from the works of the law.

3. Romans 5:1-2 Therefore, since we have been
declared righteous by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in the hope of God’s glory.

4. Romans 4:24-25 but also for our sake, to whom it will be credited, those who believe in the one who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead. He was given over because of our transgressions and was raised for the sake of our justification.

5. Ephesians 2:8-10 God saved you by his grace
when you believed. And you can’t take credit for
this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it. For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.

6. Romans 3:22 the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction.

7. Romans 5:18-19 Therefore as by the offence of
one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life . For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

8. Romans 5:15-16 But there is a great difference between Adam’s sin and God’s gracious gift. For the sin of this one man, Adam, brought death to many. But even greater is God’s wonderful grace and his gift of forgiveness to many through this other man, Jesus Christ . And the result of God’s gracious gift is very different from the result of that one man’s sin.
For Adam’s sin led to condemnation, but God’s free gift leads to our being made right with God, even though we are guilty of many sins. Jesus is the only way. Only Christ!

9. John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath
everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

10. John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way,
and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the
Father except through me.

11. Romans 10:9-11 because, if you confess with
your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your
heart that God raised him from the dead, you will
be saved. For with the heart one believes and is
justified, and with the mouth one confesses and
is saved. For the Scripture says, “Everyone who
believes in him will not be put to shame.”

12. John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he
gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have
everlasting life.

13. Galatians 3:10-11 For all who rely on the
works of the law are under a curse, as it is
written: “Cursed is everyone who does not
continue to do everything written in the Book of
the Law .” Clearly no one who relies on the law is
justified before God, because “the righteous will
live by faith.”

14. James 2:10 For whoever keeps the whole law
and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of
breaking all of it.

15. Romans 4:4-5 Now to him that worketh is the
reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. But to
him that worketh not, but believeth on him that
justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for
righteousness.

16. Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the
law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight:
for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
Re: 'any Christian Indulging In These Listed Sins Is Already On His/her Way To Hell' by KelsAltair(m): 5:50pm On Apr 22, 2016
Obviously

promise101:

Whether you install, unistall, download or anything else, you ARE NOT justified by that, but by faith.
Re: 'any Christian Indulging In These Listed Sins Is Already On His/her Way To Hell' by UyiIredia(m): 5:53pm On Apr 22, 2016
Crap men.
Re: 'any Christian Indulging In These Listed Sins Is Already On His/her Way To Hell' by samsam2019: 6:44pm On Apr 22, 2016
ojeyi:

Well!..I gave you a story to read. Lemme paste the full link try to check it out.. http://www.av1611.org/hell.html

God is good!..He's loving and very compassionate indeed!..He also has the attributes of LongSuffering but the wickedness of man and our transgressions caused it bruv!.. God has no pleasure in the death of him that dieth that is why He wants everyone to turn from all our evils!.. #TrustFullyInTheSaviour'sPower!.
real proof! not some made up shower of sh1t.

Abegi
Re: 'any Christian Indulging In These Listed Sins Is Already On His/her Way To Hell' by promise101: 8:35pm On Apr 22, 2016
enshi:
Well... Truth be told all he said is the bitter truth... Asides footballing. Mayb he meant gambling with football... Thanks for the remindal My friend i am really touched.... Deleting some songs and videos already.... God help me on the boy friend girl friend part.... Wont want to miss heaven for anything
My friend, if you like delete all, of which I would encourage you to do a believer.

But if you rely in them for your righteousness before God, you will risk your life and still miss heaven.

Right living(works of law) is not the righteousness of God(faith), but Jesus.

If you don't believe that Jesus is the righteousness of God you have to believe in to be righteous before God, you can NEVER be righteous before God.

Jesus is the righteousness of the believers!

1cor 1:30 "But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is MADE UNTO US wisdom, and RIGHTEOUSNESS, and sanctification, and redemption:"

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pastor Joseph Obayemi To Lead RCCG In Nigeria / Why Is Easter Always Falling On Different Dates? (picture) / Joyous Man Dances Uncontrollably In Church (Photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.