Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance - Literature (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance (114262 Views)

BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo / Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel. / Ruthless Betrayals: A story of love, betrayals, vengeance and the supernatural (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 6:48pm On Jul 08, 2016
CONTINUED
NYASA

From the day that witch took Kieran and prevented me from having my way with him; he has been quite distant from me. His visits have become less and less, now he barely looks at me when we meet. Most times, I see him at the garden but I couldn’t be there with him as he is always in a foul mood at that time of the day. He smiles and laughs when he is with either of those witches but when it is night, he becomes something else. Nevertheless, his avoidance didn’t stop me from watching him grow in both power and rage. I could feel his aura from afar and it was beautiful as it usually makes the air crackle. He was becoming too close to the other witch and most times, I see them in each other’s arms. They looked more like lovers than teacher and student. I was angry that another took my man right under my nose but my rage soon changed to fear as I knew that the woman knows of how Kieran’s family were murdered. I feared that she might tell him and that would cause him to hate me forever and even kill me. She could do that to erase me as a rival for her lover that’s if she sees me as one. She is beautiful but I am too, though she might be taller with more flesh around her hips but I have more flesh on my chest than hers. There is something about me that just makes men want me and Kieran was no exception, I was positive he would return to me but that didn’t happen as my fears came to pass.

The moment I felt the change in aura, I knew that she must have told him how I made sure his wife was hung from a tree. How I watched as two of Lucien’s men fvcked the life out of his wife. How I watched as Lucien took the light out of his daughter after her horrifying screams and agonies. I heard the voices of the other witches, I didn’t want to come out for fear that I was the cause of this change in him but when I didn’t hear anything again, I changed my mind. I left my room for the space down of the quarters when I saw him arguing with that witch. He was close to a horse and his bags were on it, was he leaving without me? I walked through the other witches who have decided to watch the hunter and his lover trade words back and forth. As I got closer to him, his rage seemed to go closer to its release like a dried wood expecting the tiny lights from the strike of two stones. I knew there and then that I was the cause of the rage and I was certain after the wood caught one of the lights and it caught flames.

Lightening like nothing I have seen or felt before descended on me the moment he set his eyes on me. If I wasn’t a gordand, I would have been roasted before I could bring up a shield. The strike didn’t hurt me but it was viscous enough to sweep off my feet. I fell back into the guardians’ close by who quickly let go off me as soon as they could. It was really strange that the lightening didn’t harm anyone of them but just focused on me. That just showed how much Kieran wants me in the underworld. He left after I didn’t die from the strike and the witch followed him. I know he hates me now more than Lucien but I still have a duty to do, I must protect my master as I was certain that’s where he was headed. I rushed to the stables and followed the witch before the huge gate closes as I had no magic to open it.

Kieran rode all day and barely had a rest in the night, he was so eager to avenge the death of his family; he cared less about his own safety. He looked at me with malicious intents but he couldn’t kill me, not with magic. The witch tried really hard to convince to change his mind but it didn’t work. She slept later on but I couldn’t as I knew what would happen if I did. He stared into the fire after he took his gaze from me and I saw few tears drop from his eyes. I hated myself that moment and I knew he would feel the same way towards himself as he now knows that he fvcked the woman who killed his wife.

He went back to the path that leads to the south and by afternoon, he stopped his charge because right in front of us was an army of steel and magic. Elphisius was leading them and he promptly told Kieran to turn back and return the way he came. Kieran did after a little resistance but I knew it was just a move from him to make the men feel calm and relaxed. The man I saw crying with a lot of rage burning in him will rather die than return without the head of Lucien in his arms. Elphisius and his men were fooled by what Kieran did and unsurprisingly, he turned back and did what I have never seen done before, not even Lucien has done such. He made the ground shake without stretching out his arms or reciting any spells like other wizards do. The men on foot fell but those on horses were able to hold on. Elphisius sent the cursed flames towards Kieran and my sisters immediately surrounded him to protect him from the hunter’s next attacks which took place immediately. Kieran returned the flames to its creator and almost immediately, another lightening strike similar to the one he summoned on me followed the flames.

The wall of my sisters protecting the old wizard prevented him from being killed and when the attacks returned to Kieran after they couldn’t go through the magical barrier, he turned them towards the men who were foolishly charging towards him. Kieran was ruthless and brutal and he showed a glimpse of what he might do to me after he must have been through with Lucien by causing the ground to shake once more and sending forth a powerful wind that brought down my sisters to the ground. He charged towards Elphisius but instead he lingered on the gordands and I knew he was looking for the rest of us who were there when his family was killed. They weren’t there and soon he turned his rage towards the old wizard but the witch saved the man’s life. He turned away from the wizard and rode through the army who knew better than to do anything stupid. He didn’t stop and got into the kingdom and reached the palace just after the sun left for the moon. The guards who were at the gate received the wrath of the hunter. He got down from his horse to see another army of both steel and magic waiting for him. These men looked more determined than the men with Elphisius and were ready to die for their king. Lucien must have sensed the aura of the hunter to have this people waiting for him.

“Kieran, don’t do this. These men know nothing about the tragedy that befell your family. If you do this, then you are no different from the man you seek to kill.” Ellen said but as usual, Kieran ignored her and continued with his onslaught. He moved back a little and for the first time, he used his hands to initiate some kind of spell. He down to his knees and picked a handful of sands and then robbed them all over his hands and then he blew the remaining into the wind.

Instantly, the ground shook more violently then I remembered and a wind so powerful, it cut through the huge walls of the palace like it was made of wood ran through the men. It cut them in all forms and after a while, what once stood as a host of men became nothing but blood and flesh. He walked through them and blasted anyone he saw heading his way with a weapon in hand with lightening. He walked through the palace and when he got close to where Lucien was, he took a sword from one of the dead soldiers and waited for the witch before charging through the shields that prevents anyone without the consent of the King from passing through. I walked through it as magic doesn’t affect me. I saw him stop and stared at the wall of gordands around Lucien. Two of my sisters who were there with him that day were with Lucien. His rage rose to a whole new level when he saw them and immediately, he tried the trick he has been doing by shaking the ground and summoning winds but it didn’t work as it seemed Lucien countered it with something else. Kieran gave that up and charged with his sword towards the women, I tried to stop him this time but he gave me an elbow to my right eye that almost blinded me.

Two of the women came after him but it wasn’t the ones he was after. He countered the first attack from the gordand with his sword and kicked the lower stomach of the other one, making her stop in her stride. The one he countered came at him with her knife once more but he countered once again with much more force, pushing her knife to her body rather than his and quickly sliced her throat with another knife that I didn’t see with him earlier. He ran through the other one with his sword after she seemed to find it difficult to stand after that kick from Kieran. He must have broken some of her ribs. Two others left their master’s side and screamed, charging rather foolishly towards Kieran after seeing two of their own killed. Kieran watched them come and when they were close he disappeared and then appeared almost immediately in their middle, slicing their throat at the same time. Foolish of them to come charging at him at the same time. The two he wanted stayed with their master and I joined them too. We were the four who remained of the six who murdered his family.

Lucien stood up from where he had been sitting on his throne all this time and clapped for Kieran, I suppose.

"Well, playtime is over; it’s time to do what I should have done a long time ago.” He said.

Kieran smiled and stretched his left hand out for the witch to join him.

“Let me be your sword of vengeance.” I heard him say to her before facing Lucien. It was time to see who would win but as it stands, Kieran had the disadvantage.

.... Thanks for the comments and wishes... You guys should enjoy this update....

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by vickkydgreat(m): 7:12pm On Jul 08, 2016
Yeeeeeehhhhh, solomon has done it again oooooooo, come and see oooooo most longest,sweetest,curious, palatable,delicious,action erm erm ermmmm i dnt knw again ever shaaaa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by IamLukas(m): 7:31pm On Jul 08, 2016
Wow! Wow!! Wow!!! I dnt knw what to say...
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Eniola7(m): 8:02pm On Jul 08, 2016
Speechless
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by tommynico(m): 8:06pm On Jul 08, 2016
So sweet of you buddy.
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by queencalipso(f): 10:10pm On Jul 08, 2016
Wow!! Solomonbrown keep the update coming. Pls where is Claudia biko nu sad
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by EbonyQueen001(f): 10:29pm On Jul 08, 2016
Wonderful beyond words. It is simply superb. "he would rather die than go back WITHOUT Lucien's head." Make appropriate correction on the quoted paragraph please.

Explain to me how a hunter should be as skillful as a trained warrior without any episode showing his physical training other than him being called a hunter and being tutored in the use of magic by the witches. Someone must have taught him sword skills at a point na, question is when? Was it before or after his family's murder?

Sorry about your health. Please drink more water and rest more. Feel free to take time off some strenuous activities if it is affecting you negatively. Get well soon dear.

2 Likes

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Ice4jez(m): 11:11pm On Jul 08, 2016
bros I need buy u buy u beer for this update. u too much.

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by babtuna1(m): 11:14pm On Jul 08, 2016
Wow.. Intrestinq.. Wish swift recovery bruh!!!
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by babtuna1(m): 11:14pm On Jul 08, 2016
Wow.. Intrestinq.. Wish u swift recovery bruh!!!
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Oladim001(m): 6:10am On Jul 09, 2016
Wow, i'm so flabbergated by this update. Am sure there is gonna be a lot of twist and turns before the end of this story. And i also concur with what ebonyqueen said. Carry on sir.

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by boladex1: 6:57am On Jul 09, 2016
This is master stuff, welcome Solomonbrown64 you were a master story teller.
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by babydecency2(f): 7:34am On Jul 09, 2016
Claudia is missing, solomon dear pls help us find her and bring her to the place she is suppose to be.
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by babydecency2(f): 7:39am On Jul 09, 2016
More inspiration to u dear and less headache. Am patiently waiting for todays update,dnt keep us waiting dear.
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by slimsue(f): 3:07pm On Jul 09, 2016
This is so out of this world. Thumbs up Solomonbrown64.
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Emanuel1997: 3:28pm On Jul 09, 2016
EbonyQueen001:
Wonderful beyond words. It is simply superb. "he would rather die than go back WITHOUT Lucien's head." Make appropriate correction on the quoted paragraph please.

Explain to me how a hunter should be as skillful as a trained warrior without any episode showing his physical training other than him being called a hunter and being tutored in the use of magic by the witches. Someone must have taught him sword skills at a point na, question is when? Was it before or after his family's murder?

Sorry about your health. Please drink more water and rest more. Feel free to take time off some strenuous activities if it is affecting you negatively. Get well soon dear.
I acknowledge your intelligence, and you are good at observing things.

2 Likes

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by EbonyQueen001(f): 7:52pm On Jul 09, 2016
CR
Emanuel1997:
I acknowledge your intelligence, and you are good at observing things.

Thank you Emanuel1997. *blushing already*
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Botaflica(m): 8:38pm On Jul 09, 2016
Wow, wow, wow. Just can't help it. This is great. Good work bro.
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Tobadein(m): 11:20pm On Jul 09, 2016
EbonyQueen001:
It is his gift that is at work. If you read through Ellen's description of his gift, she believes that his gift is another being entirely. His coming to the forgotten lands was to learn how to tame and become one with his gift, 'cos his gift would always act on instincts. You don't teach a newly turned vampire how to feed.
Solomonbrown64, I'm hoping for a more detailed reply to this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by EbonyQueen001(f): 10:13am On Jul 10, 2016
Tobadein:

It is his gift that is at work. If you read through Ellen's description of his gift, she believes that his gift is another being entirely. His coming to the forgotten lands was to learn how to tame and become one with his gift, 'cos his gift would always act on instincts. You don't teach a newly turned vampire how to feed.

Magic and sword skills can never be the same. His gift and rage propels him, he may be relying on his skill as a hunter to fight, but that is most likely limited to the use of short knives, bow and arrow, but this is too skilled na. The gorgdands are ungifted, can't be harmed with magic, yet trained as royal assassins and are very ruthless. Merlin with all his gift/magic is a poor choice on field and physical war.

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Tobadein(m): 7:36pm On Jul 10, 2016
EbonyQueen001:
Magic and sword skills can never be the same. His gift and rage propels him, he may be relying on his skill as a hunter to fight, but that is most likely limited to the use of short knives, bow and arrow, but this is too skilled na. The gorgdands are ungifted, can't be harmed with magic, yet trained as royal assassins and are very ruthless. Merlin with all his gift/magic is a poor choice on field and physical war.
Except if Solomonbrown64 says otherwise, I believe his gift is the reason he's skilled. Take a cue from the fictional movie 'Evil Cult', Jet Li was also given a similar gift, 'cos of that, a training that was meant to take years became irrelevant 'cos he was gifted.
Note: This story is pure fiction.

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by queencalipso(f): 2:01pm On Jul 11, 2016
Tobadein:

I concur

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 4:37pm On Jul 11, 2016
CONTINUED
ANNA

I should have known, I should have known. Oh dear spirits, I have failed in my duty as mother guardian. I have watched anarchy and chaos slowly build up under my nose and now, they are now in the flesh. How blind could I have been to the glaring signs the good spirits deemed fit to show me but I never saw them. Rachel was the seed planted by that king whom I know isn’t truly who he claims to be. How Nero died now seems clearer, he was killed by the one he betrayed.

There were rumours that they were both working on necromancy but I thought it to be just hearsay as the abilities to carry out such things were no longer in the living. But now, I wished I had given more thoughts to such ‘hearsay.’ Nero and the king were not just working together through his proxy; Melfisius, to break the hold on the ungifted, they were also working on bringing back the spirit of one of those who had both sides of the gift from centuries ago. Now, the spell was complicated and almost impossible to carry out, but the question I keep asking myself is why something like that could cross any of their minds, except if they had the perfect vessel to put that spirit. A reincarnation would have sufficed but what if the original body of that spirit never actually died; what if we have been fooled all this time that they were working on some spell when what was actually going on was putting back what should remain separated for good reasons?

Nero must have found out about this and saw the enormous power the king of the North will possess and smartly deposited the spirit in his unborn child for safe keeping. Of course, the spirit wasn’t meant for his vessel and he won’t be able to access the full powers of the spirit. Which explains why his gift isn’t balanced and why he has been trying ever since to even the scale. Now, if that were to be true, then Kieran’s balanced gifts will suggest that the spirit and his vessel are one. It will suggest that Kieran has walked this earth before in the time of the golden generation. This means that the good spirits sent Kieran to stop the original owner of the vessel which is the King of the North as he is said to be ungifted. He wasn’t sent to stop Lucien and him fighting the mad king will pave the path for the original vessel to come take what’s rightfully is. Oh dear, how blind have I truly been?

This was what I was assigned to stop but I have let happen. It’s too late to stop Kieran now as he must be in the south already. The king of the North must have been planning this for a long time now and must have used the prophecy to guide himself till this point. I should have seen through his request to have one of his gifted ones trained by us. He actually sent her to carry out his evil plans.

I heard someone enter my Chambers and turned to see Claudia locking the doors behind her.

“Mother, why did you allow him leave?” she asked.

“All that is happening is beyond just the thirst for vengeance. What is happening now has been foretold a long time ago. Two of the golden destinies from time past live amidst us as we speak.”

“Yes, we have two golden ones in the persons of Lucien and Kieran, but…………”

“No, there is another who has been alive long before Kieran and Lucien were born.”

“Another? Why haven’t we heard of him or sense his gift all this time?”

“That’s because his gift was taken from him but now he will have it back from the one that shouldn’t have housed it in the first place.”
She looked confused after what I said,

“Lucien’s gift was unlocked after whatever his father did to him; therefore the gift in him is his and his alone. How can his gift be for another?”

“You are wrong in what you just said. No one born in this generation will ever have his or her ungifted spirit ever unlocked by any spell or ritual. It’s impossible, I know that because the gift in Kieran is that of a spirit; the spirit from his previous life on this earth. The king of the North is something else as he has somehow managed to keep himself alive all these years waiting for one who has the special abilities of Necrocmacy to walk this Earth again. He found that person in Nero and he got him to do the work of bringing his locked spirit from the Underworld, which Nero was able to do. But instead of putting the powerful spirit in the right vessel, Nero kept it in his unborn son, which account for the unbalanced gift in Lucien.”

“You mean the king of the North is immortal?”

“He probably is, we can’t be certain.” “So, what does this all means?” she asked. This was the reason why I preferred discussing such things with Ellen, she is far more intelligent than any guardian here, except probably Rachel.

“It simply means I failed to see the unseen game that couldn’t be killed. I failed in my duty to prevent another tyrant from continuing from where Nero and his son stopped. Kieran was sent to stop this man and not Lucien. This man is actually the flesh of prophecy and not Kieran. There are actually two reincarnations in him and Kieran; one knows already but the other doesn’t. I thought Kieran was the broken destiny but now I know he is not; the king is the broken destiny while Kieran is the sword of vengeance. Kieran is a vengeful soul from the good spirits but the mystery question is who this broken man is from?”

...... Well, I am getting my groove back, thanks guys for your tips and all...... I should have posted since on Saturday but the last two days have been crazy, something I will put in my next story, so watch out....
..... I guess this update clears the brilliant argument that has ensued since my absence. I see you EbonyQueen001, thanks for the tip. Tobadein, your head dey there. Thanks everyone all the same...
... Joviegghead, pwettyella, joanee20, hebenz, where una dey?...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Ultimategeneral: 5:08pm On Jul 11, 2016
lucien is done for which means keiren will definately win

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by PricelessCharm(f): 5:38pm On Jul 11, 2016
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by queencalipso(f): 6:34pm On Jul 11, 2016
The king of the north will probably succeed in taking Lucien's gift. Hmmmm!!!! Interesting!!

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by slimsue(f): 7:26pm On Jul 11, 2016
This is getting more interesting by d day. Weldone my Oga at the top.

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by prettyJoy22(f): 7:50pm On Jul 11, 2016
finally!!! I don refresh tire smiley

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by zelaws: 8:01pm On Jul 11, 2016
This is where main action starts. I trust king Solomon you will never fail to twist this. Does it mean Anna has some soft spot for the king of the North and hatred for Lucien or Nero. We need to know more about their past life too.

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Oladim001(m): 9:08pm On Jul 11, 2016
@solomonbrown64, i clearly didn't see that coming in any way. That was a marvelous twist sir. I just thought Kieran was just going to kill Lucien and that'll be the end , i didnt expect this. Well done boss. Hope your headaches gone now. And you need to start replying our comments as you've been doing. It kinda gives us a sense of belonging.

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by BraniacX(m): 9:30pm On Jul 11, 2016
Chai! shocked
Sooohlooooh!!!!
U aff kill me! shocked

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by babydecency2(f): 9:57pm On Jul 11, 2016
Well am nt too scared for kirean's life cos i knw claudia will be there on tym to save him. Ride on solo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

The Naughty Sisters / Shadows Of The Green / My Adventure As A Corper In Plateau State Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.