Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:44 AM

A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance (114079 Views)

BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo / Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel. / Ruthless Betrayals: A story of love, betrayals, vengeance and the supernatural (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by christconscious: 1:33pm On Apr 25, 2016
I ll awayz cum by to read the complete story no matter how buzy i maybe....nice solo

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Opeade939(f): 1:36pm On Apr 25, 2016
Nice observation.
Santi222:
Nice story OP, but I made some important observations.... When you write a story within a particular era, be careful with your choice of words so that they blend in naturally with the time period..... This makes your writing more realistic and natural.
In your first post, " tonight was "gonna" be a good night.."
The word gonna didn't exist in the era of bows and arrows....

Your second update had words like "mom" "dad" and " stuff" in it.... Those words are modern words.....

Hope you get my drift.... And make the corrections

Now carry on!!!
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by joviegghead: 1:53pm On Apr 25, 2016
Two golden destinies in one generation.. Kieran vs lucien.. Both are evenly matched in power except that kieran still needs to master his.. I guess its going to be a war between: VENGEANCE vs LOVE OF POWER.. Still watching..

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 4:18pm On Apr 25, 2016
CHAPTER ! ! **************************
RUNNING
KIERAN

I watched in admiration as she turned and turned, twisting her waist at the same time, how she does that is still a mystery to me. Putting on the traditional costume meant for this festival - the Randin, this strange woman danced to the beats from the relentless drummers. The costume was made up of cotton which made it light and in their case, it was sewn to be quite firm around their waist, bringing out the wearer's hips to view. In this case, this particular woman's hips were quite different , in the sense that it wasn't too big or too small - it was balanced and it suited her thick body really well. For once in a long while, I felt a stir in my c.ock when the thick dancer came close to me and started moving her big buttocks around it. The men around the circle shouted and clapped when they saw this and I wondered why. Anyway, after twisting and turning for a while, she returned back to the center circle where she was dancing with her fellow dancers. She must have gotten tired of dancing to a statue who didn't return the favor and who didn't drop a penny. I had no intentions of dropping my hard earned gold just because a certain thick lady could dance. I was booed and laughed at though after she left me to the circle and that made me to leave the scene and return back to my cabin.

As I settled down to eat burnt meat after getting home, I couldn't help but wonder why those drunkards were laughing at me. Then it occurred to me that my c.ock must have been trying to get out of my trousers. Dear spirits, I whispered as I slapped my forehead laughing at my own embarrassment. The lady must have really had a strong effect on me for me to even have a stir. Shame though, I may never meet here because she was wearing a mask as they all do. I only moved into this town about a season ago and I only go into the main town whenever I want to sell my games. I have no friends and I loved it that way, just me and my bow. I didn't want to attend the festival earlier because I didn't believe in all these beliefs of spirits, magic and all those nonsense. I believe in Life and death, which affects all living things and I, myself take life whenever I killed any animal. I have stayed in four different cities scattered all over the huge Kingdom .In all this time, I have never been attracted to any woman even if I do get questionable looks from them. I have never felt my cock stir, only at night does it happen. Well, until that strange dancer.

For more than four nights, I couldn't stop dreaming about her, it just feels strange dreaming about someone without a face. I thought of searching for her but that would be pointless as there were so many people in the town. On the seventh night of hell, I dceided to go the exact place where we met earlier hoping she would come. I stood there till when everywhere became quiet and still she hadn't come. Probably, she has come and I didn't recognise, my hope was that she would come to me but it wasn't looking that way. I headed back home , disappointed and angry because this night would surely be another torment. I was nearly home when I heard a snap.I wasn't alone in this woods, I stopped and listened hard for another strange sound but I heard nothing. It could be a thief and I was at a disadvantage as I was without a weapon. I decided to run back home to get something to use to defend myself should the need arise but I stopped in my tracks when I saw a figure at my door step. It was that of a woman. I recovered and walked slowly towards the woman, but then it occured to me that she must have heard me coming. She was probably here to see me, but I couldn't be sure. As I got closer, I heard her say,

" You are not a hard man to find,Kieran Carrows. You should be more aware of your surroundings. " She turned and I was able to see her face as the moon was full tonight. I staggered back and shook my head, no, no, this isn't the woman I met at the dance. She isn't this tall and big and besides she had raven black haired and not red hair.

" Who are you? " I managed to ask. Immediately, I woke up to discover I was actually in a inn and someone was at my door,screaming,

"Open the door, your life is in great danger." Dear spirits, what's going on?

4 Likes

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 4:30pm On Apr 25, 2016
jephthal:
ah! Solo and supernaturals,i am beginning to think that solo himself is a supernatural,what do you think buddies?

NIce job my man,you gat my back.
"continue" in Adolf hitlers voice.
Lol.... I am not...

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 4:31pm On Apr 25, 2016
Sammie23:
I dnt gt it
Keep reading.....
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 4:32pm On Apr 25, 2016
Mutaino7:
Oga solo weytin you do no good at all.... anyway we dey background
Abeg no vex.... Na the mods no want make i tag una...
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 4:33pm On Apr 25, 2016
Santi222:
Nice story OP, but I made some important observations.... When you write a story within a particular era, be careful with your choice of words so that they blend in naturally with the time period..... This makes your writing more realistic and natural.
In your first post, " tonight was "gonna" be a good night.."
The word gonna didn't exist in the era of bows and arrows....

Your second update had words like "mom" "dad" and " stuff" in it.... Those words are modern words.....

Hope you get my drift.... And make the corrections

Now carry on!!!
... Thanks, I will correct them...
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 4:35pm On Apr 25, 2016
segsbenks:
hi bros, will u pls makes sum clarifications abt ur chracters, pls sir am nt getting d "jack shit"here, pls familiarise us with who is who in ur story. besides all dis, i tink u av got nice piece. fasting my seat belt! fire on bros!!
.... .... Just be patient and keep reading, you will soon get used to my style of writing...
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Missmossy(f): 4:53pm On Apr 25, 2016
Captivating story,watch your tenses and spacing too. Kudos.
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by elprokez(m): 5:34pm On Apr 25, 2016
Mr. Brown
Here we go Again...

Its been 3months...Nice to have you back...

Following this piece with unwavering devotion...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by jephthal: 5:51pm On Apr 25, 2016

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by saintneo(m): 9:47pm On Apr 25, 2016

solomonbrown64

you are awesome mate!
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by joanee20(f): 10:09pm On Apr 25, 2016
keep it rolling mehn...so captivating, am not gonna shift from here until I finish this tori
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by slimsue(f): 10:49pm On Apr 25, 2016
Hey! wait for me. Cos am following you bumper to bumper. Ride on Bro dis is sure gonna be captivating.

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by VictorZeus(m): 7:39am On Apr 26, 2016
Still waiting

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by elprokez(m): 8:02pm On Apr 26, 2016
Mr. Brown...
How are you doing!?

I'm having high expectations....

Updates please...

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Youngfalz(m): 9:57pm On Apr 27, 2016
Mr. solo, y u dey turture us na he no good ooooooooo

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Temitope012(m): 8:24am On Apr 28, 2016
enjoying d story so far, Mr. Solo @ his best aqain

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by ChizzyMaris(f): 9:47am On Apr 28, 2016
I'm so following this story. Nice one Solomon.

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by jephthal: 10:29am On Apr 28, 2016
come and post oo

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Ridwan0100(m): 1:45pm On Apr 28, 2016
Mr solo u re doing it again....Following u sir

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 9:08pm On Apr 28, 2016
CHAPTER 2 CONTINUED

ANNA

We were running out of time and Kieran wasn’t helping himself by dwelling on the death of his family. Claudia has since been on her way but she is two days behind , so the only way she can reach Kieran on time is if she passes through dreaded territory. She has to pass through the land where Elphisuis’s magic is binding, any other tweaked magic that doesn’t have his signature will surely get his attention and it’s no news that such people are never usually found after. Therefore, if Claudia is to be successful in doing the impossible, I must have to help her which will surely blow our cover but the worth will be greater. I had a plan which will help take away Kieran’s attention away from his family and make him focus on one those mysterious encounters he once had And for that to happen, he has to be unconscious. The spell I am about to carry out is a very dangerous one and can be fatal if someone beyond my powers finds out, someone like Elphisius or even Lucien. I summoned the guardians next in rank to me in power and told them about my plans, they were against it but they saw too that there was no other way. We each lit a candle representing our spirits, after which I stood in the middle with my candle on a pavement. I started chanting the words required for the spell and soon the other guardians followed suit. Soon, I saw the guardians from a far as my body fell to the floor. They continued chanting as a single pause could mean my end. I needed them to break through Elphisius’s hold. As much as I hate to admit, it seems he is getting more and more powerful by the day. I floated away from our little town into dreaded territory and it wasn’t long before I found both Claudia and Kieran. Claudia must have been able to find a way through the magic, I smiled and continued towards the location of Kieran.

I found him making his bed as he set to sleep, his eyes were swollen from crying and his knuckles were bleeding. He must have been pouring his grief on something else apart from wine. Soon, he fell asleep and just as I was about to enter into his mind, I felt the chilly presence of Elphisius. Dear spirits, he was close, really close to finding Kieran and of course he must have sensed me. Quickly, I moved into Kieran’s mind and I didn’t have to work hard as he was dreaming of how he met his wife. I followed him all the way and just as his dead wife was about to reveal herself, I imposed myself and made him see Claudia instead. That did it and made him wake up as somehow, Claudia was already at his door.

I couldn’t be happier but my happiness was cut short as I soon discovered that putting him in such fear awoken his gift again and its beaconing were worse than before as his gift and his spirit were at war. His gift seeks to protect him but as unbeliever, the will wasn’t there. Oh, this is bad as this war will surely bring Elphisuis sooner and I will be useless in protecting Claudia and him from that snake. Either way, I have to return as my candle was burning really fast because of Elphisuis. If it goes off and I am not back in my body, then my present condition will remain eternal.

CLAUDIA

“heyah” I screamed repeatedly to my beautiful horse as I tried to make-up for lost time but that wasn’t the only thing on my mind too, I was thinking really hard on how I was going to evade that evil Elphisius’s spell. I have been thinking of this since I left our little town but I haven’t still gotten any idea. Soon, I was at the border and the only thing I could do was lock up my gift. It was the only way but it would mean I wouln’t be unable to protect myself and should Kieran move away from where he is presently, I would be unable to locate him without letting Elphisius know of my presence. I disguise myself as an old woman coming from the midlands for the purpose of trading. The soldiers didn’t waste much time attending to me as they had their eyes on the fair, young woman , most of whom were with their husbands. That didn’t seem to matter to the arrogant soldiers as they let their hands roam through the flesh of the woman and unfortunately, their husbands were powerless to help them. I have heard stories about how brutal and unhuman these soldiers are but seeing it firsthand was quite the experience. I got out of there as quickly as I could and followed the trail that lead to Kieran’s inn. I rode till the Sun went below the horizon arriving at a horribly built building with dirty doors and mean looking men trolling around. I passed through the famous Yugurd city which was known for its beauty and immorality before going through a bushy path that led to the inn as it was at the outskirts of town. Which wasn’t a surprise as no sane human would want to visit such a dirty place .

I tied my horse to a tree just outside the inn and since I looked like an old woman, no one looked my way. I got into the inn and it was if I wasn’t even there. I headed straight for the bar where I was greatly surprised to see a woman answering orders for drinks.

“Evening lass, I am sorry but have you seen a young man, blue eyes and a mane. He is tall too and isn’t the talking type.” I asked.

“You must be referring to that strange man who was busy punching the walls and ruining what’s left of my building. He is busy sleeping now in his room after he had duly paid for his destructive activities. What is he to you anyway?” She asked in her raspy voice that must have been due to drowning in wine over the years.

“Oh, he is my nephew and I am here to take him back home, do help by showing me his room.” She did after looking at me suspiciously. I wasn’t even close to his room yet when I heard running and shouting and the sound of swords leaving their sheath. Dear spirits, he has been found and I cannot protect him. Quickly, I knocked on his door screaming,
"Open the door, your life is in great Danger. "

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 9:10pm On Apr 28, 2016
elprokez:
Mr. Brown...

How are you doing!?

I'm having high expectations....

Updates please...
... ... I am fine bro....
...don't worry, your expectations won't be cut off.... Just keep reading..
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 9:12pm On Apr 28, 2016
Missmossy:
Captivating story,watch your tenses and spacing too. Kudos.
.. ... Um... Thanks..
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 9:14pm On Apr 28, 2016
Youngfalz:
Mr. solo, y u dey turture us na he no good ooooooooo
.... ... Abeg, no vex... Shey you no say light no dey and fuel scarce pass anything....
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Donpeteranking(m): 9:58pm On Apr 28, 2016
solomonbrown64:

.... ... Abeg, no vex... Shey you no say light no dey and fuel scarce pass anything....
Abeg e even though sey those one dey,you nor try for updates o oga solo.do something before something do me.
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Rex1(m): 10:04pm On Apr 28, 2016
No long tinz but just carry on with ur updates though because atall atall nah im bad pass
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by VictorZeus(m): 10:22pm On Apr 28, 2016
Ooh! Dear Spirits (in Kieran's voice)... We need more!
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by jephthal: 11:03pm On Apr 28, 2016
I read it while transforming.good job,thumbs up.
#we love the supernaturals.
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by VictorZeus(m): 7:33am On Apr 29, 2016
jephthal:
I read it while transforming.good job,thumbs up.

#we love the supernaturals.
What were you Transforming to?
A vampire or werewolf?
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by jephthal: 8:27am On Apr 29, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

The Naughty Sisters / Shadows Of The Green / My Adventure As A Corper In Plateau State Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.